Moving to Singapore - stoller/buggy advice needed

katiemoo82

Hi ladies

We're relocating to Singapore in August from the UK. Our son will be about to turn 3 and our baby will be 12 weeks (due to give birth any day!).

We have a Stokke pram/stroller which we used for my son. I suppose I have two areas where looking for advice... Firstly we found the stokke got very hot for my son on holidays when he was a baby (it's navy blue)... does anyone have a stokke and find its ok in the Singapore climate? We're considering selling it and getting a buggy more suited to the hot climate for the baby (I'm nervous of her overheating being so little)... does anyone have any recommendations around this or am I worrying for nothing?

Also we're not planning to have a car - does anyone have a three year old and how do they manage getting around the city? Just wondering whether we should consider a double buggy or whether the buggy board we'd bought to use in the UK would be okay?

Any advice much appreciated! We've been to Singapore a number of times on holiday and love it but never lived in a hot climate before!

Thanks in advance,
Katie

Hi and welcome to Singapore! I don't own a car and I have 2 girls, 8 & 3 yrs old. I don't have much problem getting around unless places without MRT. There's ramps in most places, lifts in shopping malls and lift leading to the MRT stations.

Sg is really hot no mater what stroller u will be using. U might want to consider a double stroller (front & back) rather than a buggy board in case both kids want to sleep as yr son is only 3 yrs old. Some places are quite narrow so a side by side stroller might have a bit more problem.

This is a double stroller I myself will get if I needed one: http://firstfewyears.com.sg/strollers/double/contours/contours-optima-tandem-stroller.html

Hope it helps! :)

Hi,

Welcome to Singapore!

We are Singaporeans but living overseas! Each time we are back home to Singapore, we are so relieved as travelling with kids in Singapore is so much less challenging... As mentioned above, most places have ramps and elevators so you can move around easily with strollers. Even for public buses, we did not have much difficulty using a stroller as we usually fold it up and hang it by the horizontal railings in the bus or rest it on this platform located near the front entrance. But for two kids, I would suggest using an umbrella stroller for the toddler and a carrier for the baby. I have seen mommies travelling alone with a carrier, a stroller and a diaper bag and it is do-able. And I think Singapreans are friendly enough to give way or lend a hand when they see someone in need of assistance. All the best to your move and smooth delivery to your coming bundle of joy! :)

Back