MOTHER-IN-LAW PROBLEMS

H

hatred

sorry to say that, but i feel my mother-in-law is very disgusting, i hate the way she acts, to me she is a hypocrite! My husband is a filial son and now he always get stuck between both of us (we are not staying with her but she is here to see the grandson every weekend).
i wish to treat her transparent, but each time i see her face, i think of all her nasty acts! can anybody advise me? much thanks.

Hi hatred,

U did not mention what ur MIL did. But my opinion is, nobody is nasty by nature, especially towards the family members.

Is there some conflicts between the 2 of u?

hatred, my advise is to avoid her totally. When she comes to your house, just find some excuse to go out. Do not interact with her at all, and you will not get hurt.

Why not ? I avoided my mil for years. If 2 person cannot get along with each other, the best is to never see each other. It is better than to quarrel all the time, very bad for the child too. The mil can see the child, don't need to see the mummy.

My husband is not a very filial son. He is the bo chap type. In fact he said that he was raised by the maid, not by his mother.

Hi..

im here to kaypo... :>
no lar... i got in-laws problems too.. lagi worst.. staying together some more! I hate the old man... beside he smokes n he always like to bring my bb out @ nite!!! really cant stand! wat tamarind says is rite, can avoid then avoid... unfortunately my husband is 1 of those filial type, its nt a bad thing to b filial bt... sighz..
so i jus stay in my room n do nt come out to the living rm unecessary..
if my husband goes overseas, i will go back to my mum's place.. so its v obvious dat i dont realyy like them rite....

Hi Hatred,
I agree with Tamarind, just go out or pretend to sleep or just hide yourself in the bedroom and watch DVD like what I do.
My MIL comes every alternate Sunday and I also cannot stand her cos she's really irritating and has no EQ. Always say the stupidest thing. I stayed with her for 1 year before I got my own place and these are her disgusting habits:
1) walk around with her house cost tucked into her underwear so you see this fat woman with a big ass walking around the house.
2) Doesn't close the door when she use the toilet so when you go to the toilet, you see this woman sitting on the toilet bowl with the door open. When i tell her to close the door, she say never mind lah and I'm like Harlow, you got a grown son at home hor and you want him to see you peeing? My husband say she when she was younger, she used to leave her soiled pads around the toilet. Urgh.
3) My sister-in-law who stays with her says she doesn't flush the toilet sometimes (regardless of whether she's doing the big one or the small one). Not becos she wants to save money but becos of some stupid superstition about more fortune for the family or something, or so my MIL say.
So anyway, the list goes on and I really buay tahan my MIL. Her own daughter is so pissed with her and her demands for money all the time that she told my MIL that she's gone to some remote part of China to work and is totally uncontactable so my MIL cannot call her. Of course, my sister-in-law is still working in S'pore and very happy cos she doens't have my MIL to bother her. My SIL only appears during CNY.

When she visits me, I will try to avoid her or if no choice, just 'ren' lor. I always try to remind myself that there are worse MILs out there - like this one i heard who went to pee into the drinking water and her son and his family went to drink it. When they found out what she did, she can say 'Why? cannot meh?'. Can die right?

hi,

having heard the story from buay tahan, i really salute you...at least you really can "ren", it's not easy rite...

my mil is "fine" - if i can close one eye when she around...the moment she here :

1) she will carry my 2-yr-old most of the time and avoid me going near them ( if i walk towards them she will bring him to kitchen or i at kitchen she will bring him to dinning hall)
2) if her gandson is not within her sight she will scream loud for him and ask where we (hubby & i) hide him in the house (how big can a HDB unit be rite?)
3) If my aunties came visiting us, she not allow them to carry my child, saying he afraid strangers (knowingly he knows them)
4) Once a while we have gatherings with both my bro-in-laws families, she will treat my child transparent and only mingle with the other grand children, even my boy walk to her, she will feign ignorance and walk off (back at home, she treat him liked a KING)
5) She will never wash her hand after meal at home and start playing & carrying the kid, even her hands are dirty i told her off, she insisted they are cleaned (there are always traces of food left on my boy's clothings)
6) she will start complaining if i hide in my room and my hubby will order me to be at the dinning hall - just to show my face and make her feel welcome!
7) she will pour back her left-over soup for us to finish at dinner time
8) if we are going out with her, she will want to carry my child most of the time, claim that he is still "too small to walk" (almost faint, what the crap is she saying?)

there are too much things about her which i can't finish even 3 days 3 nights....it's true her appearance has sour our family relationships esp my hubby and i, to him, his mum is always number 1, despite what she has done, she's already old woman, we youngsters must respect her...i am too tired to ague with him liao, it's been weekly rountine...

hi hatred..

sigh..jia jia you ben nan nian de jing...
In-laws problems r always never-ending de.....
wat to do.... bo bian right?

Hello Gals,

Having read the thread I'm really glad that my MIL is not only a v normal person but also treats me v well. Now I'm pregnant she always asks me what I want to eat and even shares her bird nest with me twice a week.

The only thing is that she's v thrifty and sometimes will say things like dont buy too much clothing wait til child bigger then buy. I know she's right but just cant control myself from being annoyed. But she will not say more than that and my hubby's parents are those type who choose not to interfere in whatever we do like our choice of flat, renovation matters etc unless we ask them for opinion but they also said you 2 decide will do lah. Dont have to ask us.
happy.gif

So actually I do realise that I'm quite lucky after hearing a lot from others.

hi inuovi gal

true...i also know that "jia he wang shi xing" which my hubby always remind me....however, there is always a BUT that trigger the valcano...

hi aprilpinky

yah there are really some good ones around...liked my friend who's also preggie also got a fantastic mil to cook her nutritious food everyday and treat her liked own daughter and not dil. infact my friends used to envy me, saying my mil is those "bo chap" kind....indeed she "was" before marriage but now story change liao loh...

Hi Hatred,
I try to 'ren' my MIL but sometimes when i think of her, i get this feeling inside, you know, like my blood starts to boil feeling and I used to get really worked up when i think of her. I try to feel sorry for her cos i think she's quite sad case lor, got 4 kids but none of them can stand her cos she says stupid things and alienate them.
I think something's a bit loose in her brain cos she behaves so oddly - like a 3 year old, cries at will (better than TCS actress, turns her tears on & off like tap), lies frequently, and throw tantrum (she once threaten to jump of the 4th floor at Taka). But there's nothing we can all do but to just 'ren' lor.

We all believe that she's going to live till 150 years old or something cos she's extremely petrified of death, and also neither God nor the Devil wants her with them so will let her live long long on earth : )

Hi girls
I think everyone will have their fair share of the mil stories. Maybe there is something good about your mil? Can try to look at her good points and nt focus on her bad points. And sad to say if she really has none, i think when face up with her try to be ignorant to what she has to say. Don't fall for her trap and be angry and start hurling abuses at one another.

Afterall she is your hubby's son and she has years to live. Having a sour relationship only makes the poor hubby stuck in between don't know what to do. So do what we have to as dil and then the rest leave it to God.

at times i also pity my mil, having thinking that she is not welcome by the other two dils, and both my bro-in-laws are helpness creatures as their wives claim they can't tolerate mil behaviour... claim she's too nagging over the sons and too protective over grandchildren. So all the while only left with my hubby to "take care" her...she dare not ask for allowances from both bro-in-law saying they need to support their family expenses, so again left with us to "provide" all her needs... i don't mind giving allowance because it's part of our responsibility, but why can't she think of our family too... moreover we are not making big bucks compare to my both bro-in-laws! And why can't she treats me better? i used to make her kopi and tea, tried making conversation with her when she around, too bad, she went telling the relatives we can't communicate because we are not of the same dialect group...isn't mandarin a common language to speak?! i always tell myself to shut my ears close... but no use...

hi, guess my mil is pretty ok, other than a sentence she told me a few days after my wedding: Try to be nice to each other & dun talk abt DIVORCE. I was like "wat the hell is she talking abt? i'm newly married. tis is so inauspicious!"

other than dat, i dun get in her way, dun say anything... she kinda dun disturb me too. but she will find chances to nag for grandchild so much dat i once said: if u r meant to have, u will have. if not meant, then there's no use hoping. she never raised the topic again. i'm not being nasty, but it's like: pls understand dat we need time to conceive. it's not as if one can conceive at an instant or whenever it's wished upon

When i first got married, my MIL says to me 'You must give me a grandson' - i was quite irritated and thought 'harlow, you think i can control this kind of thing one meh.'. Then when i was pregnant with my daughter and we told her it was a girl, she was quite unhappy i think cos my sister in law tells me that when relatives asked her whether i was having a boy or girl, my MIl will say she doesn't know. I was quite upset cos i felt that she was ashamed of having a grand daughter.
And she says the weirdest things. When she found out I was pregnant, she told my mum 'oh.i thot my son's sperms cannot swim, that's why your daughter did not get pregnant so long'. My mum was quite shocked and just went 'uh..uh...' and opened and closed her mouth like a fish. Then my MIL tells me 'I hope you will be successful and have your baby from the vagina'. I was like WHAT ARE YOU SAYING???!! I swear she used the V word and I was really so shocked that i was speechless. I don't think i'm over-reacting by thinking she's really off her rocker right? I mean the things she says doesn't sound like it comes from a sane person - it's like so odd!

perhaps some mils really think that they are very BIG, cos they are MIL and we DIL must always obey and LUN their whatever stupid behaviour and nonsense. when my child was small and having alot problems from cough to flu to vomitting to no appetite and ended up with blood test, she put the blame on me and went around telling relatives that i took rubbish during my pregnancy and my poor kid got to suffer! i was wondering which eyes of her did she see me eating unhealthy as we are not living together 365 days! i told myself, ignore the SIAO woman! that time i was real pissed off, both her other DILS pregnant that times, they both enjoyed bird nests and other tonics which she specially brewed and got the sons to bring home for the DILS but when i got pregnant, i never have such privilege, except only one-time requested bird nest by my husband!unfair right...i am proud to say that of the 3 DILS i am the nicest to her but what treatment did she give me? i dun mean i am hunger for the tonics stuff, it's the attention that makes me feel so unfair that she's treating me! her other 2 DILS never go visit her, never give ang paos for birthday or CNY, never bother to have dinner at her place, never even bother to address her when seeing her! From pregnancy till now, only stupid nonsense from her and trying to be FUNNY every weekend at my place. This weekend she gana cold-soar and keep kissing my kid! cross my finger that the germs didn't spread to the little fellow else my turn to make fuss liao!

buay tahan, I think your mil probably means to wish you have a natural delivery instead of a c-section, but she does not know how to say it in the right way.

hatred, I also never visited my mil's house for a very long time, and I never called her "mother". She on the other hand never prepared anything for me during my pregnancy or confinement. She did not even give hong bao for my son's first month.

I think we should lower our expectations of our mils to the very lowest. I did and I actually felt nothing about my mil most of the time.

Hi Gals,

Can't help but come in again cause this my fav topic.. aiyo MIL's... I've read all your postings and feel all of you are right in your own views cause it's your own experience wif yr mil and outsiders won't understand one.. me too had my share wif my mil.. but she dun mess wif me now .. leave me alone cause she noes i'm not a rabbit she can kill..not say i very sat.. but i feel some things i can't lun i'll comment just to share my feelings whether she understand, take it or complain to other ppl at least i feel good aft letting out.. but i always try to put up a show and say all in a 'nice' way for the sake of my hb cause aft all she's his mum...

but hor.. buay tahan, yr mil's weird habit really leh.. how come u can tahan? aiyo.....

cubbiebb, me too, my fav topic is abt MIL. agree with your views totally. sometimes, i will comment, if she wants to listen, good for her, if not, then next time if there's problem she will not come running to me. but most of the time i will just listen.. cos she feels that she, as an elder, has more experience and also, who am i to comment, although i m the only DIL she has and we (hubby and me) are the only grads in that family. and like you, she also knows that i m not a rabbit she can easily kill... cos i insisted on building my own independence w/o her help, like dun wan her to contribute money in our house reno, and child birth, and dun wan her to bbsit my bb, etc. aiyo... we have so many similarities
happy.gif

Hi hatred,
Yah, how come your MIL treat like that when you treat her the best. Sometimes really cannot understand them.

Hi Tamarind,
I know she wanted to wish me a natural delivery but it sure is a strange way of saying it. My sis in law say my MIL is very obsessed with the V word. She tells my sis-in-law 'Your V must smell nice nice so ppl will like you' If i were my sis-in-law, i think i will faint if she tells me that.

Hi CubbieBB,
At first i felt very bad to think that she's strange but i feel that her behaviour is not normal. I honestly feel that mentally she's not right but then like you say, what to do, she's my hb mum. Don't tahan also must tahan - as long as she doesn't stay with me, I very happy and thankfu already - but then that was one of my condition to my hubby when we got married, altho my MIL tried to worm her way to stay with us in the beginning and i told her point blank 'No, you do it and i will divorce your son' - she yelled at me and say that I'm a mad woman but she can call me anything she wants as long as she doesn't stay with me.

buay tahan, may be your mil have very little education ? Was she speaking in English or Mandarin ? When I was little I knew neighbours who talked like that, but I didn't know they exist anymore. I liked what you say about divorcing her son ! Hurray to you !

hi gals... i've also have my fair share of MIL stuff before... especially after my confinement... hiaz... nowadays minimise contacts so there will not be more friction... but will still greet them cos they ARE hubby's parents...

Guess we'll never understand MILs' behaviours until next time we become MILs... so just give and take lor... remember u will be in their shoes in future and ur DIL's may "complain" abt u... :p

Dun flame me hor... just IMHO...

jen,

yaya.. true true.. i sometimes think next time mayb will bao4 ying4 on myself hahaha..

hope i can live to see that happens.. i'll like to noe wat kind of woman my son fancy too ;D

Yah, me too. I know i'm probably the lousiest DIL alive and think maybe next time will have baoying that's why i've already told my hubby next time we are not staying with our kids and we must be independent and don expect the kids to take care of us. And most importantly, must be independently wealthy.

Hi Tamarind,
Yah, my MIL has little to no education and she says all the things in Mandarin except for the V word. My brother-in-law jokes that she was brought up by monkeys and that his father married a bimbo that's why he died young to escape her. Not I say one ok, it's her own son. But my MIL likes to thinks she's some tai tai and always say she donno how to do housework. I heard that when the kids were young, she made them clean the house and do the gardening while she sits there and donno do what. And for lunch, she gives them durians and rice.

jen, cuttiebb, i guess if we dun have any expectation from our DIL, only that they and our sons are happy, we should not be too bad MILs, correct? i think for our generation, we are quite independent, so dun need to rely on our sons for anything...

hi buay tahan, i think your MIL win mine.. cos i tot my MIL was already quite bad to give pork porridge everyday for both lunch and dinner.... even now, she still give the same to her grandchildren whom she is bbsitting... but i think they refuse to eat anymore, so she changed to fish with porridge EVERYDAY!!!

i m quite glad that i did not agree to let her bbsit my baby cos everyone is commenting on how well he is developing now... if she bbsits.. he would probably be inside the sarong (yaolan) as long as she wants.. only bringing him out to change and bathe.. fyi, she likes to feed bb lying down anywhere!! including in the sarong...... like that take care.. how to have a smarter bb, right?

jannie, we may think we dun have expectation now... but when the time comes, we as "naggy mums" will still say things one lah... :p

jannie, buay tahan,

agree agree.. i thinking of not living wif my children too..so hope can earn enugh savings to grow old wif hb if can live to tt..

cubbiebb, buay tahan, jen

i hope to be like my mom, has absolutely no expectation from son-in-laws.. so anything they offer to do is bonus.

sometimes, my MIL will get jealous over the little things that my hubby do for me.. telling him no need to do all these cos last time his father also never do all these for her. thank goodness my hubby is more rational and tell her that it's her husband's problem, so go ask him...
happy.gif

jannie, MIL to SIL is diff from MIL to DIL... it's like that one... even the same MIL will be different to SIL & DIL... observe various cases and see if what i say is not true...
happy.gif

maybe i should be clearer... for eg, if u are a MIL... u dun mind cooking and "serving" food to ur SIL... even if ur SIL is sitting there shake leg/watch TV/read newspaper... but u will "expect" ur DIL to help u "serve" the food, rite? Or u see ur DIL sit there shake leg, u dun mind?! hmm... i think it's double std cos human perspective of male/female is different...

hhmm... maybe my MIL is different... when her SIL is ard, she expects him to be the one serving and washing the dishes and taking care of the children AND mopping the floor, cleaning up the mess the children has done, all after a hard day's work, whilst her own daughter (SAHM)just sits ard and watch TV... saying that her daughter is already very tired after taking care of the children for the day liao.. but i was just thinking... won't the SIL be tired after working 1 whole day too? ironically, she dun expect the same from her own son...saying that her son is tired after a day's work...and it's correct that the wife (me) does all the serving and cleaning and picking up...

I think all Mothers just don want to see their own kids slaving around. So will make excuses for them if they just sit around and veg. But i saw on TV that today, even if both husband and wife works, the woman will still be the one doing majority of the housework. So unfair right?
When i was in my last trimester, I was working but was also the one doing the cooking, cleaning, washing, mopping, ironing etc. My hubby just wash the toilet only. Actually, thinking back, i'm so stupid lor - I shld learn from my friend who pretends that she's so helpless at all these that her husband so pek chek and take over all these household chores from her. So really, i sabo-ed myself when I just took over the household chores: )

hahaha.. buay tahan,

ya lor.. hmm.. preg times is best time to siam ma.. how come u so on still???

but i dun agree yr term of 'all Mothers just don want to see their own kids slaving around'
hahaha.. cause my mil is just the opp.. she dun mind her kids slog like cow or horse .. as long as she's comfy.. now she's not comfy enugh so she always complaining..

yah loh, buay tahan, my own mother would rather i work and serve my hubby, even after a hard day's work... she did not even utter a single complaint abt him. my poor SIL, he cannot even get a breather cos immediately when he steps into the house after his work, he will be ordered to do this, do that, etc etc.

buay tahan, actually, regarding housework, i have learnt that if i can tahan the messiness and dirtiness for as long as my husband... the probability of him cleaning up is higher... but i have to wait quite abit lah...

buay tahan, wa you are really very on, do so many things in your last trimester. Do you mean hand washing your clothes ?

For me I only put clothes into the washing machine hehehe. I don't even hang clothes, I just throw everything into the dryer.

jannie, same here ! Before we had children, I used to compete with my husband on how long we can tahan the dirtiness. Sometimes we didn't wipe the floor for 2 months, when I walked around the house, my feet turned black. But then usually I am the one who cannot tahan first.

Told you i sabo myself lor. So silly right? if i had to compete with my hubby on who can stand the messiness, he will win hands down cos his mum so dirty already so he's very used to a messy and dirty house.

CubbieBB, my MIL is like yours. Just wants to be comfy. Never work in her life (except for 3 days at McDonald's then give up) and don do housework. The only work she does around the houes is to open her mouth to ask her kids for money. She's so money minded it's unbeliveable. She already gets rental money from her own pte apt and still ask her 4 kids for money. The other Sunday, she wanted to come to my place but it was raining so heavily so my hubby says 'don't come, you got bad legs, you might fall cos so slippery. I will put the money into your account' And guess what? she started to cry. I just rolled my eyes cos she always use this tactic to get her way. Then the next day, she calls my daughter and tells her 'Your daddy don't love me' - So irritating right? my kid is only 5 you know and why must she say this kind of crap?

before i married my hubby, my MIL went to a fortune teller on the pretext of something i cant remember what, i think it was to get a date for our ROM. anyway her REAL intention was to "find out" whether im a woman good enough for his son. she later went back told my hubby:
1)im materialistic.
2)if the day comes my hubby stops giving me $$, ill leave him.
3)im not a good woman as i have many boyfriends before.
4)many of my boyfriends have "died in my hands".
5)i slept with my ex-bfs.
of course she then casually tell her son she dont believe la, just listen only lor. what pisses me off most is that this was not the only fortune teller she has seen to ask about me, and god knows she would stop at how many??!?
how u want me to like her after that?i mean, i was going to marry her son loh for goodness sake, how can she say such awful things when she doesnt even for christs sake know its true or not! i mean maybe she wanted to warn her son about god knows what, but maybe can be more tactful pls??those were not very nice things to say about a woman. and best part is ive never quite offended her in fact the relationship was painfully cordial and friendly. Now my blood boils just thinking about the episode!

i'm extremely lucky. i have got a set of pil that i learnt to love and respect more than my parents. fact of the matter is simply this, they have actually shown to me through their actions what and how a proper family should be.

althought it's prolly only right that they take an exceptionally keen interest in their first grand daughter, the amount of love they shower on her puts me to shame, and i'm e baby's father.

to have accepted me into e family is one thing, but to put me infront of (like when it comes to choice of food and such) is... dunno how to explain... but u catch e drift.

this is e first time i have 'spoken' these thoughts out loud, aside from telling my wifey. it feels good. and for this, i'm thankful, very, very thankful.

While reading all ur bad and good experiences with ur MIL, I laugh to myself and tell myself that at least I am not alone...

How shld I start on my MIL story... hmmmm... to cut the story short, My MIL IS FROM HELL....

I have never met someone that is so self centred, selfish, money face, bitter, evil tongue and the list goes on...

Here's some of the things that she did...

1) Refuse to allow my mother to be my witness for our ROM reason being only happily married couples shld be the witness. Did not allow My hubby's sisters to attend our ROM
2) Refuse to meet my mother b4 the wedding citing the reason abt some peranakan tradition abt how the MIL's shld not meet b4 the wedding... utter bullshit
3) After wedding, refuse to eat the food I cook only if the son call her. I call her she will say "I not hungry" but when son call she will eat.
4) Always say the food I cook is tasteless and add loads of soya sauce in front of me. It's ok for me cos' if her blood pressure shoots up it's her own fault.
5) When Hubby and I had a big fight, she will encourage the son the divore me and say that I am a lousy wife.
6)There was once hubby and I had such a huge fight over 3rd party and I left to stay on my own, she was very happy. When I returned home to collect my clothes, she asked Hubby why I came back. I was so pissed I told her this is my house so I can come back when I want. She than told be that she "sway" to have a DIL like me so I gave it back to her and said "Sway" the have a MIL like you. She than went on to say now she knows why all my ex-boyfren left me and I gave it back and said now I know why all your 2 husband left you too... Felt real good after giving back to her.. I use to keep quiet when she pass snide remarks and I just one ear in and out but I was so pissed that she say those things abt me when I am not the one at fault. After telling her back, she did not dare to say anymore.

These things happened during the 1st 2 years of our marriage. She hasn't changed much and my useless hubby will only ask me to tolerate and close an eye lor. There is more... will write later... have to check my emails....

chillpadi, your ROM witness story also reminds me of mine. my FIL loves to do fortune telling.. and said that the date of my ROM clashes with my mom's chinese horoscope.. then MIL in front of me tell my hubby to tell her not to go into the ROM room.. just wait outside.... i was soooooooo mad!! thank goodness my hubby is understanding.. rebutted cannot be like that.. if clashes, then so be it, then tell his mom that they will not like it if they cannot go into the ROM room also what...

Jannie, the nerve of ur PIL to ask ur mum not to be present. Thank God ur Hubby put a stop to it. I told my Hubby that my mum single handedly brought up her 6 kids after my dad died in 1977, how can I not let her be my witness when all my other sis did. So he told his mum tht my mum is going to be the witness no matter what she said. Tis was just the beginning... there is more as I am married for 6 1/2 years now.

MIL is a very staunch catholic and she prays like god knows how many times a day. But donno why still turn out like this. She went to the extend of telling our church priest that I chased her out of the house. The church priest had come over to help me and hubby sort things out as we were at the verge of separation. My older brother, sis and younger cousin were also present at my place when the priest came to mediate for us. Or course my MIL who loves to seek attention told the priest in front of everyone that I chased her out of the house when I DID NOT. It was the son who asked her to go stay with his sister who is her daughter. I was so angry that I was speechless and was hyper ventilating. Thank God hubby asked her since when I chase her out of the house and he clarified and reminded her that it was him and not me. She than answered "is it... than I wrong lor" My brother was so angry with her that my brother told her "Aunty, no matter how hot tempered my younger sis is, she will never chase an old lady out of the house. She has been brought up well". And that shut her up. The priset than told her "Aunty if ur son and DIL are having problems, you cannot make urself to be another problem for them". After that she don't like that priest anymore.

After I moved back, I gave her the cold shoulder treatment for 3 months. Don't even look or call her. And all these things happened during the first 2 years of the marriage... more drama happen during the past few years. will slowly share with you gals.... macham like TCS 8 chinese drama seriel.....
kao_frustrated.gif

chilipadi!

definitely! no doubt! ur MIL is from hell!!!

oh goodness, me. i can't believe that such an evil person can exist in this world!

Hi Chillipadi,

Hey yor MIL really ga na sai!

When i read yor posting, i mumbled to myself, hw come got such person 1.. n the part u talked back her made me feel... hmm hw to describe ar.. eh.. u did the right thing! Steady lar!
bounce.gif
U r rite that we cant keep quiet all the time when we r been bullied.people might think we all "hao qi fu"...

Hey u live up to yor nick name ya.. Chillipadi..
kao_cheers.gif

U gals oredi think that she is so horrible... there is more...

3 years ago, she fell in the market and fractured her fermur (thigh bone). She was hospitalized for 2 weeks. I visited her everyday for the 2 weeks no matter what. My hubby who is in advertising is rather busy at work and will not be able to visit her daily and she wld kick up a big fuss in the hospital. The Matron will than call my hubby to go down and pacify her. But hubby cannot just leave as his workload is quite heavy and he was freelancing at this company as he was just retrenched earlier. If he did not go to work, he will not be paid. So he will call me to go and settle it. So can you imagine how painful it was for us.

while she was in the hospital, we hired a maid to help look after her. We oso asked my elder sister-in-law to come back to SIN to help train the maid to look after her. Elder SIL stays in New Caledonia. When SIL came, she fought with my SIL everyday but only after me and hubby leaves for work. She went to the extend of throwing plates at my SIL, her own daughter. My SIL was so upset, she left early. She also speak ill of her own daughter to their children. She will tell grandchildren that their mummies are no good. Only money minded. Donno how to cook and look after them. The damage was quite bad for my Edler SIL cos' she and her son cannot get along until recently when the son saw the grandma's true color. She also went to sow discord between mme and my in-laws. She told my SILs that I called them names and say bad things abt them. She than told us that my SILs said bad things abt us etc... so for sometime, my SILs and us we not talking at all until we confronted each other and realized that my MIL have been doing this. My hubby and his sisters were so fedup and agreed that in future shld MIL say anything, we will double check and make sure it's not true. Can you imagine, My hubby and the sisters did not talk for almost a year becos' of her lies....HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PERSON.... still got more story..... will write later....

chilipadi, wah your MIL SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE MINE!! Of course, mine is probably certifiably insane. She has a really bad mouth - lots of nasty things to say about everyone behind their backs. In fact, she calls my hubby and I 'hong kah te' 'cos we are Christians.

Back