MMI @ katong shopping centre

nuahcouple, bbethan
i find its usually their thighs that got stuck coz its bah bah. infact as they grow older, they can fit in easily coz lose their bb fat liao
biggrin.gif

hi nuahcouple,
my gal only used from 2nd mth till 9th mth, then she will make a fuss inside the bumbo. Now i put her on ikea high chair, she is ok. Think at least the legs part not stuck on the bumbo and higher level so she stay quiet inside ikea chair.

jamie
haha... mine all skinny type, they dont get stuck. n becos of this, they can climb out of it easily. N it's scary to see how they climb out of it, those head topple over kind.

nuahcouple
let me check with my hb cos he's the one bringing him to sch nowadays. i'm ok if u want to pick up too. i pm u my hp no.
my mil is looking after her now. when she's 18mths, will place her there.

jamie, small bell and bbethan,

my gal is bui bui type and look at her thigh...everyone who sees her wanna "bite" her....lol....she has so many nickname now...bui bui, fatty bom bom, humpty dumpty....lol....

I saw her photos in sch when she sit on the bumbo...looks just nice for her whereas the skinny kid beside her...still hv room in his bumbo....

bbethan,
u can email to me up hp. Will also place my 2nd gal there when she turns 18mths...

mummies, u can add me in ur fb if u hv and can see how bui is my 2nd gal ;)

[email protected]

hi babyethan,
yes, know what you mean. Mine also skinny so head can topple.

hi nuahcouple,
how do you make her so chubby? i like cute, chubby type.
happy.gif

hey mummies
can i know how does montessori education defers from the normal education? will there be problem bridging to primary education or will it helps them much better?

small bell,

how do I make her chubby...hmmm...good qns I dun know...lol...she is on total BM....and her size now is equivalent to my eldest gal when she is ard 6 or 7 mths!!!.......

she is ard 7kg at 4mth...weigh 2.78kg at birth......
happy.gif
she outgrown her clothes very fast and she now wears 9 to 12mths clothing leh....kekeke

bbethan,

nope I will not put her in CH after 18mths as I dun like the semi open concept in CH. Also, couple of times when they still allow me to enter to the infant room...I saw teachers keep using their hp smsing and leave the kids alone....also, saw 1 teacher even eating her noodle ard 4 plus infront of the kids when they hv enrichment class!!! so unprofessional leh.

also prefer the gals to be in the same sch easier for my dad.

as for ur qns on montessori education...not too sure bt my 2 niece and nephew has been attending montessori and seem like they learn and absorb things beri fast .... or maybe they are smart kids ;) anyway, am happy to leave the kids in nurture cottage lah....ultimately, the parents also need to teach.

Her teacher has been telling me that some parents in her sch just heck care and demanding...there are a few times, one mummy even told the teacher in E and C class to inform her in advance what is she gonna teach in the class so that she can prepare her kid. As her kid dun know anything at all in the class...bcos the mummy did not even bother to check her email and revise what they learn in sch etc.

also even ask the teacher to choose books for her kid when they hv the scholastic promo...how do the teacher knows what kind of books he or she likes....!! I think in turn of which education is best...actually there are no best or lousy....parents still needs to find time to educate the kids and also no points forcing kids to go into this and that enrichment classes when the kids dun even like!!

this happened to my niece who dun like to attend abacus at all and some enrichment classes bt kanna forced by my bro. Poor gal right.

hi babyethan,
i was concerned about this area as well but checking with parents whose child graduated from mmi, they said can blend into pri school easily, not affected.

hi nuahcouple,
wow, she is 7kg? my gal at 9th mth is only 7.5kg. Also on total BM before 6th mth.

small bell,

is it...see told u liao my 2nd gal is bui bui and bak bak type....lol....Yes the last chk up b4 4 mth is ard 6.7kg...so now shld be 7kg + ....and she is 4 mth this sunday....last time...the PD said she put on weight too fast....wahahahaha.....

u can see her in the FB.

nuahcouple
wah... yr BM is nutritious leh! good job! i tbf my gal for 1st 6mths n she's miserably underweight. even now she's coming to 15mths, she only slightly less than 8.5kg and she's eating heaps.

re education
what u said is true.
cos when i see those montessori sch, they charged so high n the concept they teach is so different. i just wonder if it makes the whole learning process different.

hi nuahcouple,
so good, i like the bui bui baby.
happy.gif
where do i see her pics in FB?

hi babyethan,
your gal is the same as my older boy, also very thin at the 1yr old period and also ate alot. Later on i gave pediasure milk, then improved over the years, now almost hitting overweight.

nuahcouple
my 2 kids also bui bui when they were little, but now all the baby fats are gone
sad.gif
really missed those times ...

bbethan
personally i feel every school have their own teaching method. end of the day, their main aim is to prepare our toddlers for P1. every child is different, some are fast learners, some are abit slow but ultimately they will still reach that milestone.

small bell,

add me in ur FB [email protected] then u can see her pictures
happy.gif

ok ltr I upload 1 or 2 pictures here.

bbethan,

ur bumbo seat in demand when I brought hm leh.............chloe, my niece and nephews fighting over it and wanna sit in the bumbo to hv their meals ;)

nuahcouple
aiyo your gal soooo cute leh! really chubby chubby chub chub!! look at her michelin arms & thigh!!
biggrin.gif

this is my chubby boy when he was little

4459346.jpg

hi small bell,

yes baby period is the fun part and cutest of all ;)

jamie and elaine,

I hv another picture to upload..lagi chubby ... lol....yes, all of us love her cheek, michelin arms & thigh that they wanna "bite" her...my nephew beri cute..whenever he comes over..aiyo kiss her non stop on her cheek and mouth....lol

wait I find the picture

Jaime,

how old was ur boy in this pic? I can't bear to shave my gal's hair leh..1st mth was too bz that forgot to shave her hair and mom said now 4th mth can shave as her baby hairs dropped so much bt I still can't bear to do it
sad.gif

nuahcouple
yr gal really cute! her cheeks looks so good to pinch... keke
haha... fresh things... everyone fighting for it. u also see how my gal was reluctant to let go when i took it out.

jamie
how old was yr boy in the pic?
happy.gif

both my kids are born big but grow up to be small.

small bell
ya... totally agree.. baby period is the cutest. i miss the baby times and the baby smell.

nuahcouple
u know when my gal was born, she has those cheeks like what ur girl has in the 2nd pic
happy.gif
haiya.. really miss those days.

hi nuahcouple,
not sure if shaving really helps. My kids case, though shave at 1st mth but hair also grows very little and slowly after that.

bbethan,

wat is their weight at birth? my gals weigh 2.93 and 2.78kg at birth bt the 2nd gal balloon.... anyway, my 2nd gal did not "pom ni" leh...lol

nuahcouple
i didn't shave for both my kids.
ethan has a head of thick hair... i think he got his father's genes.
amanda has leser and thinner hair like mine. she only has her 1st haircut when she was 8/9mths old. my mum also keep nagging me to shave hers but i just refused to. i've heard of some babies whose hair grow very slow and little even after shave. somemore she's a girl... dont bare to shave until so botak.

hi babyethan,
hair should be heriditary, that means nothing to do with shaving.
happy.gif
i even attempt to put 'XO' and BM on my boy's head last time....silly right, hair also never grow much. I also cut his eyelashes as people say will grow longer...kekeke.

nuahcouple
my boy was only 2.96kg when born & after that balloon.

i agree with smallbell, hair should be hereditary, i only apply olive oil to make it smoother & softer
biggrin.gif

bbethan,

wow....ethan is heavy at birth leh...wat happened? Is he a fussy eater now?

small bell,

my eldest gal, chloe...we shaved her botak and even shaved her eyebrow ;) bt Celine I refused to do anything now plus she is so chubby and will looks funny if botak head ;)

mummies,

any1 hv lobang for job...pls let me know as most likely I will hv no job by the end of the yr and might hv to tender...
sad.gif
just met HR
sad.gif

nuahcouple
my gal was 3.34kg at birth but now also look skinny although weight is quite heavy at 16kg.

u on contract job now? at least your HR let u know now so u can keep a lookout for other opportunities. will u consider being a sahm?
biggrin.gif

nuahcouple
don't know leh... he just shrunk after birth. my gal also like that. both dont like my bm. drinks really little and weight gain very slow. but once on full fm, they drink so much more. he's not really a fussy eater when young but he is now!!! mealtime is really a torture for me. but when in sch, the teachers said he eat a lot leh.

oh what happened? restructuring? sahm?

hi nuahcouple,
hope you can get a new job soon.

hi babyethan,
kids tend to behave very different at home and in school, my boy also fussy at home but school eats everything.

hi all,

am back...got another news again....might transfer to other dept and on top of that taking over my colleague's duty...partially as she has been transferred to other dept!! all these not sure till monday when meeting HR and boss again
sad.gif

Scary right...am like a ball now.......

hi jamie,
i have fixed my trip to perth next yr... got very cheap tickets from tiger airline..
when u go over in oct could u help me get some pamplets on e farm stay. thank you.

hi jamie,
going from 29may to 10june.... abt 13days. will go campervan with friends for ard 5 days then e rest we got to plan where we can go.

elaine
wow campervan sounds cool!! definitely a good experience. we can never do that at least for now, with kids
biggrin.gif
my hubby prefers proper & nice apartment. will your friends be bringing u around or u on your own? i remember u mentioned u hv friends over there.

hi elaine and jamie,
yeah...campervan is so special. Seen on tv but never seen the actual thing. Elaine, must take more photos of the interior.
happy.gif

hi jamie,
we will be staying with my friends, then will go campervan with them for few days the rest we have to find our own activities cos they cant take leave to bring us ard throughout the whole trip.
hi smallbell,
i will....

hi elaine,
does ZH and SZ eat anything? everytime i plan for a destination, must consider about the meals first. Patrick must eat rice daily, other things can take but very little.

wow campervan....yes...beri fun....

cheap tickets from tiger airlines...may I know how much...with kids I dun dare to take budget airlines leh.......we are waiting for cheap or promo tickets from SQ, Qantas etc for next yr to either japan or OZ..........

bbethan,

u going to the excursion? hv taken leave and decided to go with Chloe..since this is the only time we can spend some times 2gether ;) Also, do u know what time is their concert in Nov? Wow the venue is really Far leh...scare is early morning then Faint!!!

nuahcouple
i wish to leh... but it's month end closing in office and don't think i can take leave. haiz...
which day is the concert huh? i only saw the memo briefy this morning. also don't know if he can make it cos he's not so participative the last time i spoke to the principal. nowadays i don't bring him to sch in the morning, i miss out a lot of updates.

elaine
u will save alot if staying at your friend's place
biggrin.gif
i'm sure they will tell u which are the places u should visit. but in any case u can still ask me lah.

smallbell
i would say actually its pretty easy to find rice practically anywhere, so u dont hv to worry. even in ang mo countries, there always be chinese restuarant or foodcourt that serves chinese food.

nuahcouple
same sentiments, i dare not take budget airline too esp with young kids. so usually will wait for SQ or Qantas promo lor. i may also visit japan should we decide not to visit perth next year.

bbethan,

now I also dun drop Chloe in sch...only drive her there and hb will bring her in ;) Saw the memo..is on the 13th of Nov.

jamie,

Chloe keeps saying she wanna go Japan as she wanna go disneyland ;) Hence, will see wat are the upcoming promo then decide loh. Also waiting for Celine to be a bit older..ard 1 yr old then go for holidays
happy.gif

hi patricia,
ZH n SZ can eat biscuits whole day....

hi nuahcouple,
air tickets cost only $1300-1400(cant remember the exact amt) for 4 of us... is consider very cheap. i never try taking budget before dont know they will be alrite or not also... but we take cathy pacific to hk so far not very smooth but still manageable. at least tiger airline we can choose e seats now but not sure why only departure from singapore we get to choose n pay for e seats but from perth back to sin cant choose?? any of u know y? i havent call to ask.

jamie,
so far my friend only advise me to rent a car too if i want to travel during e days they are working.... anyway maybe wait till she comes back in dec she will update me more on e trip.

Back