Looking for mummies with special needs children!

lexnchris

Have been alone with no support since my ASD daughter has been born. Now she is 7, I hope to get nice mummies with same situation looking for playmate for my daughter to meet at playgrounds so we can facilitate our children with social help as my daughter has yet to learn how to think of other's perspective. Need understanding from mothers who have similar problems so as to understand my daughter's behaviour as well. Age is no issue she is friendly with ALL ages. I am located at Hougang and I'm a low budget mummy cant afford to travel too far can only meet at Harbourfront playcourt, Bishan playground, Hougang Swimming Complex, Serangoon and occasionally East Coast beach on Saturdays. My house is always open for kids to come but must be able to accept my messy house. Do introduce yourself here. No matter how old this thread is we will always be looking for friends and invitation is always open. I have many pets at home. If all the above is not an option for you, I will also appreciate Facebook chats :) Thank you!

Hi, I saw your message - I do not have play dates to offer, but may I suggest that you let your daughter interact with other normal children as well? It benefit both ways - your daughter will get a sense of normal social behavior, and the other children will learn that there are special children out there, and learn to support them as part of a bigger social call. I have seen ASD children bond with other normal children - they just clicked! and the children tend to be very protective of their special friends, too!

And just FYI, Singapore Special Olympics (SSO) used to run a swimming programme for kids with special needs. It is a good programme. Maybe you can contact the SSO to find out more.

Another thing is, try to make friends with neighbors, those with young children like yourself, and those that are a bit older (and stay at home). It takes time and effort to build relationships, but neighbors can be a very important and useful asset - they are people that will bring you a meal when you are stuck at home, people that will help watch your children for a while while you dash to the minimart. All the best!

Lexnchris, I stay at hougang... my son is 4 yrs old... getting his diagnosis report next month but my hubby and I have ord know the result jolly well that our son does is an autism. But worries not, I would like to share with u a lot of things like GFCF diet and some special treatments which we have brought our son to. I am driving, so maybe u can let me know when is ur precious available timeslot and we can let them meet up and improve social interaction. I know it's been hard on u, I can feel u becos I am too. Just remember, we are not alone. Hope to hear from u soon.

hello mommies

my kid is 3 and recently diagnosed with ASD. doctor suggested us to put him in EIPIC programme. we live in common wealth area. so we have option to wait in the queue for Rainbow centre in margaret drive, SPD in tiong bahru or AAS which is autism specific eipic centre in clementi. we are thinking in between the clementi one and margaret drive considering the timings and location. Any suggestions on which programme is better..

Hi mummies, I'm a mother of 2. A girl n a boy (5+ n 3+ years old). My son been diagnose DSM IV aka autism. Behavior he is mild - moderate, but speech wise he is severe cos up til now he doesn't say much words yet.. Even though I know he really doing his very best to talk. I delayed his EPIC at rainbow center yishun for a year, up until last year November where they confirmed me about my son condition. So I have enrolled him since January there n there's some good progress.
But been a nightmare when he starts his preschool at normal mainstream. I let him go nursery at same PCF as my daughter, but the school claimed that my son is stressed up... But I saw with my own eyes when they open the windows n they just let him wonder around in class all alone. So I manage to get help from family service center n transfered my kids to private high-end child care @yishun industrial. First month not much complains, but 2month til now they have been complaining non stop about my son. Yet they told me they understand what is autism n they have 2 others that is autistic, weird enough they couldn't handle my son even though his not aggressive kind.
Currently I'm still thinking to find other childcare that really can handle special needs children also not that far. Any mummies wanna chat or exchange thoughts, I'm welcoming anyone :)

Love,
Claire

Lexnchris, I stay at hougang... my son is 4 yrs old... getting his diagnosis report next month but my hubby and I have ord know the result jolly well that our son does is an autism. But worries not, I would like to share with u a lot of things like GFCF diet and some special treatments which we have brought our son to. I am driving, so maybe u can let me know when is ur precious available timeslot and we can let them meet up and improve social interaction. I know it's been hard on u, I can feel u becos I am too. Just remember, we are not alone. Hope to hear from u soon.

Hi Kymt1982, I heard n read about that diet... Not all able to do that diet, first of all the cost of that diet is quite high. The stuff not all supermarket sell free gluten stuff only place like cold storage (which expensive compare ntuc or giant supermarket). No gluten meaning no wheat, rye or barley (even buying soya end up need organic type) so no bread from any bakery or those loaf bread from supermarket too. Also free casein diet means removing all stuff contains dairy elements (no cheese, yogurt, butter or even margarine).
Secondly in some kids this diet don't have any effect, but some do. Those that willing to try can try like 2-3months, but for me I can't afford to go to that extend :(

But latest research found that substance in green vegetables such as broccoli would able to soothe autistic kids mood. For those that have kids that loves to eat vegetables do give more of this green vegetables :)

Hope this little info helps.

Hi Kymt1982, I heard n read about that diet... Not all able to do that diet, first of all the cost of that diet is quite high. The stuff not all supermarket sell free gluten stuff only place like cold storage (which expensive compare ntuc or giant supermarket). No gluten meaning no wheat, rye or barley (even buying soya end up need organic type) so no bread from any bakery or those loaf bread from supermarket too. Also free casein diet means removing all stuff contains dairy elements (no cheese, yogurt, butter or even margarine).
Secondly in some kids this diet don't have any effect, but some do. Those that willing to try can try like 2-3months, but for me I can't afford to go to that extend :(

But latest research found that substance in green vegetables such as broccoli would able to soothe autistic kids mood. For those that have kids that loves to eat vegetables do give more of this green vegetables :)

Hope this little info helps.

Hi Parents!

Fun@Giggles will be having our Open House on the 28th of June 2015, Sunday, 10AM to 3PM! While your child plays, there will be an one hour parenting talk by guest speaker Hanifa Kahar (co-author of international Amazon bestseller "Born For This! A Journey To Success In Life, Love and Business"), and a movie screening of the Son-Rise Program: A Miracle of Love. First 20 children gets a 50% discount off admission to the Indoor Playground, to register simply email to [email protected] (first come first serve basis).

We will also be introducing our Play Therapy@Giggles sessions for children with special needs. "If they cannot learn the way we teach, we teach them the way they learn." If interested call +65 90922645 to book a free trial lesson!

For any further enquires
Call: +65 90922645
Email: [email protected]
http://www.funatgiggles.com.sg/
Age group: 3-8 years old

See you on the 28th! :)
"At Giggles, we believe in inclusive play for both normal and special children under one roof. Children are allowed to play freely with one another, stimulating their own intellectual development while developing social and physical skills. Parents are also encouraged to play together and bond with their children. Fun@Giggles, a place where joy begins."

Attachments

• Open House for autism-01.jpg
    Open House for autism-01.jpg
    729.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Open House for autism-02.jpg
    Open House for autism-02.jpg
    795.5 KB · Views: 140

Back