Latest hospital cost from Gleneagles / Mount Alvernia / Mount Elizabeth etc?

cybie79

HI there,

I am thinking of delivering either in Gleneagles or Mount Alvernia, can anyone please share their recent hospital delivery cost please?

Thanks

Hi Cybie79,

I'm looking at these two too! I have registered for the maternity tour at Glen next Sat and Mt A in early Mar- I will let you know how it goes after that ;)

Hi keikoyo, sorry I got the details from other mummies! I am looking for charges in gleneagles or mount alvernia.

I delivered at Mount E on end Oct 2013.

Had normal delivery with epidural - 1 bedded. Pay deposit of close to $3k. But before I discharged, I topped up another $2.3k besides medisave deduction of $2 150.

Upon discharge, I was given 1 pack of Unopened Huggies S22, Pigeon samples like breastpads, soap, shampoo and etc, nursing gown and top for baby.

Thank you for yr replies. Wanna share this list from Mount E
image.jpg

Hi all mummies...

I will prefer Mt A. My first baby delivered at MT A & now just started to have my 2nd pregnancy. My choice is still to Mt A. Good service and very patient to all mummies and babies. Thumbs up!

Hi mummies,

I went for the maternity tour at Gleneagles and it was pretty informative! We were briefed through the whole process from arrival to registration to delivery suites to the rooms, during the stay and till the day you check out. We were brought around to see their delivery suite- spacious and modern design, fully equipped with Wi-Fi and powerpoints (for those who want to charge laptops) and a comfortable chair inside for daddies. You can even request for one with a shower cubicle! They also have this cozy holding area with coffee, newspapers etc available for daddies who wish to take a break. What I like about it is that they are pro-breastfeeding and after your delivery the guide said the nurse will let you have approx 1 hr skin to skin contact with baby, and they encourage mummies to have their babies with them in the rooms rather in the nursery. Of course you can also arrange for the baby to be taken care in the nursery and only be sent to you when he/she is hungry.

However on that day, as all the 2beds and single beds rooms were all occupied, we could only see them in photos, but the guide told us we can just request to view the rooms whenever we drop by and they will check if there are any rooms available for viewing. Their Tanglin Suite (about $15,000 for normal and close to $19,000 for C-delivery!) is so beautifully decorated it looks like a 5 star hotel.

I encourage you to make an appointment with them for the tour as it gives you a better idea of what to expect.

For price wise:

1BD/2BD Normal/Assisted delivery - $3,058/ $2,041 (with GST, before medisave claim)
1BD /2BD Normal/Assisted delivery with Epidural - $3,471/ $2,281 (with GST, before medisave claim
1BD/2BD C-delivery - $4,925/ $3,471 (with GST, before medisave claim
1BD/2BD emergency C-delivery - $5,719/ $4,180 (with GST, before medisave claim)

Hope this is helpful for you!

I'm looking forward to my MtA tour. Anybody going for the tour in Apr?

I delivered in feb thru elective c sec, two bedder. Total bill together with my baby's is $3950 Medisave and $3200 cash.

i gave birth at Glen E on Oct 2013.. very good experience.. and i like that they allow mommies to have first contact with bb before they clean up the baby.. food was very yummy.. nurses were all very attentive and pro.. if u r planning to take epidural..one of the anestetist is very very good..his name is Dr Dicky Tay.. not sure if u can request for his service before ur delivery.. i took epi even before i developed contractions.. and i tot it would be very painful becoz i dont have any other pain to distract me..but to my surprise.. i don feel anything.. as for the bills.. i paid approx $5K plus in cash after medisave deduction.. with epi / vacuum birth..one bedder..

Hi all mummies.
I am also looking at Gleneagle or Mount A. I went to the website and find that the price is about the same for 2 bedder?
Why is it that people mention that Gleneagle is more expensive?
Am I missing something?

TIA

i think it all depends on ur birth.. some ppl have an easy birth so their bills are kept to the minimum..some need epi, laughing gas or oxygen..for my case..i took epidural and also oxygen to breathe becoz my bb's heart rate went down to only 50 per min...so thats an additional cost already... plus depends on ur gynae's fee.. but comparing juz the room itself.. the difference is not big.. :)

Thanks winkle for reply. I checked again on the website the difference is within $200 even with epi. I guess the difference is not that big. Your bill of $5000 includes Gynae fees right? May I also know what did you get for the discharge bag? I asked gleneagle but they say cannot commit as everytime is different. Thanks again.

errmm... i rem there's huggies S size diapers 1 pack.. den one diaper bag, one receiving blanket and 1 t-shirt for bb lor.. the rest i cant remember... mine includes gynae's delivery fee..

Ok ok. I think more or less confirm gleneagles since diff is not much n Gynae fee should be same for both place. Thanks for your help:)

Hi

Anyone did Elective C section At Mount elizabeth?
Let say based on the list by keikoyo, it cost $5142. After medisave claim + prenatal claim = $3950, I top up cash of $1k++.

Is that all? How about anaethetic fees? Padectrician fees? Operation theatre fees? Recovery room fees? Is it included?
I know it exclude doctor fees + nursery fees.

Pls advise.

Thank u!

Hi WinQ, Thanks for the detailed information on gleneagles was really useful. I think they have also increased their price since I delivered my 1st one in 2008...

Loveparadox83 - I have a colleague who have give in Mount Elizabeth, planned C-section, the bill was about 12K before claims. The cost should be inclusive of
Anesthetist/ visits by various docs + OT cost etc. Unfortunately I dont have the detailed breakdown.

Thanks

HI Getthetoy,

I have decided to go to Gleneagles mainly because both the Gynae and PD operates in GlenE. Somehow the package is only the hopsital packages are only basic package, hasnt included the doctors or anesthetist fees. How about you decided yet? When are you due?

Melodyli1981 - thanks for sharing

Currently around 3 to 4 weeks, my gynae only delivers at glen E and Mt A, but still deciding between the two. Since price should be about the same, and can glen E use medisave?

In glenE If normal delivery + epi do you think total bill I mean from the time we register in and discharge do you think the total bill will come up to 8 to 10k?

hi sweetmelody, medisave can be used at GlenE. But do check the out the average bills posted by mummies above and compare, when comparing the packages from GlenE + Mount Alvernia I have to agree that the package price is generally about the same. But somehow GlenE will definately be slightly more Mount Alvernia, see the average hospital billsize posted for reference: http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/home/costs_and_financing/HospitalBillSize/delivery_normal.html.

Your estimate for glenE for normal + epi looks about right should be around 8 to 10K...

Hope the above helps

Cybie79 , your reply did help a lot.. Yes but Hubby prefer gleneagles but I'm afraid abt the cost.. I read about glen E tour?? Maybe can go down and check out about the package and cost.. Which hospital did you choose?

hi sweetmelody, I have decided to go with GlenE. I have delivered my 1st one there so would most likely be continuing with the 2nd one too.

hi sweetmelody, I have decided to go with GlenE. I have delivered my 1st one there so would most likely be continuing with the 2nd one too.

Hi cybie79, how much it cost u in total when u deliver ur #1?
Me too cos no choice gynae only delivers these 2 so choose glen E over MT A

hey, mine isnt a good gauge anymore as it was back in 2008 , emergency C Sect at Gleneagles which cost me about 8.5 K.

Thanks

Hi latest bill from gleneagles - 1 bedder at $13,700.
Hi Cybie79
Thanks for your reply and congratulations :)
$13700 is for c section or natural?
Do you mind sharing some costs breakdown and the cash portions/medisave deductible?
Thank you!

Hi Cybie79
Thanks for your reply and congratulations :)
$13700 is for c section or natural?
Do you mind sharing some costs breakdown and the cash portions/medisave deductible?
Thank you!
Hi there joychiyan,

Sure for c section , medisave claim - 3950 / cash deposit - 4925 (package price) + remaining cash paid - 4892.

Hope the above helps !

Hi there joychiyan,

Sure for c section , medisave claim - 3950 / cash deposit - 4925 (package price) + remaining cash paid - 4892.

Hope the above helps !

Oh I see yes that's very helpful! Thank you so much!
Gee your gynae's doctor fees are quite high hor! :)
Sigh im going to book soon... hopefully can use credit card and get either some discounts or instalments ha ha :)

Hi Joychiyan - shouldnt be a problem..We paid with both credit and debit cards for deposit and remaining bill payment.

i realised that for 1st timers like myself, the hospital package cost can be confusing, hence i decided to share the details here and hope it will be useful for others.

Hospital : Gleneagles
Delivery type : tried natural but end up with Emergency C-Sect.
Pain management : given epidual and general anaesthesia.
Room Type : Single bedded
Nbr of nites : Normally, the stay is for 3 nites (for C-sect), we stayed an additional nite, thus in total paying for 4 nites.
Total bill : $12300, (medisave $4400, cash $7900)

cost breakdown
- Emergency C-Sect $5139 (as per the hospital price list, we booked before the price increase earlier this year)
- surgical supplies, medical supplies, equipment and supply, meds/pharmacy and lodger $1457
- Additional 1 nite $685 (of which $139 is for treatment fee)
- GST $509
- Gynae cost $3210 ($2461 was for C-sect operation, $749 for consulting - aka coming to check on me for 4 days)
- GA doctor fee $800
- Epidual doctor fee $500

Surgical supplies, medical supplies (the 2nd item above) are for items such as injections, syringe, sanitary pad, incontinence pad, mask, diathermy, dressings, wipe wet etc, so yes, all the small stuff can adds up to alot. it's difficult to adsorb and enquiry all these types of miscellanenous stuff that are charge to us, when you are checking out as it just too overwhelming at that point. You are hungry, tired and with your baby waiting, you just want to go home asap and settle down.
Looking at the bill now, i would suggest getting your own abdominal binder, as the hospital charge $123. I have no clue what is sleeve thigh cuff SCD and do not recall seeing anything on my thigh, but was charge $383.

Another thing was the lodger, costing us $334 for 4 nites, which we were not told we had to paid for, when we booked during the maternity tour. We were clearly told that the husband can sleep in.

The above is the bill for me only. Baby has a separate bill, this was new to us. "roll eyes"
I hope the above can provide some clarity and is helpful.

Here's a summary of my bill at Mt E Novena:
5D4N- $5400 inclusive of baby stay of additional 1 day due to jaundice.
Gynae fees - $2730
Anaesthetist fees -$500
PD fees -$500
The balance supplies such as diapers, wet wipes etc are returned to us upon discharge.

Back