JTS: DIY hairclips

wa.. SD chick,
ur clips are also very nice... ask u ar.. for the 1st clip.. u use another colour to line the clip before adding the dark purple ribbon is it?

i hv not started to create anything yet.. just learn how to line the ribbon on the clip.. keke.. and still dun noe how to post the pic here..

thanks lili.. will check w remy.. keke

purpleangel,
ah yes, I use the light purple with dots to line up the clip. then add the dark purple ribbon.

To post a pic here, you must make sure that your pic is less than 50kb. click upload attachment (below your post box) and browse for your pic from your computer and click upload.

wow....nice clippies...cant wait to do mine too..but still looking for suitable glue.

SDchick,
there did u found the glue gun?

thanks...

titbitqueen,
you can find gluegun anywhere, most hardware stores/shops carry them. I bought it from Spotlight, both the gun and also the glue stick.

purpleangel,
actually only the first one and the bottom middle one are placed on alligator clips, the first and second one on the middle row are barretes, and I used ordinary snap clips for the rest.

SDchick,
the rest are snap clips.. dun look like wor.. what size are those? then how u line the snap clips? eg the 2nd one on the 1st row...

How much does a glue gun cost?

I have some of this, brought too much previously. Anyone need it, selling it away. please pm.
2073591.jpg

Clip size is 5cm from tip to end

2073592.jpg

Hi ninkumpooo

Tks alot. Actually i used a normal 'zi pi' cut out the shape that i want and wrap around with wrapping paper. I added on two ribbon by using staple to staple it(zi pi very soft so using staple is good enough if not u can use clue). Hope it helps
happy.gif

Hi Niki,

saw this mini hot gun at stationery shop just now, selling at $5.80 and $1.80 for glue stick (12pcs).
how much are u buying?

mummies,
the price for the hot gun ($5.80) and glue ($1.80 - 12pcs) is it reasonable?

Hi titbitqueen

I am searching for mini glue gun, where did u see it? I went to D.I.Y shop at jurong point they are selling it at $21.

oh? both sdchick and niki bought at above $10, could it be price tag error? im quite sure i saw it at $5.80
the one i saw was really mini size...think not more than 15cm.
is it the same?

honlili,
I saw at popular - nearby the glue section - they sell the bostik one, but can't remember is it the mini one or the big one.

Those provision shops selling hardware also sells, price is also quite cheap, but I don't know about the quality.

Hi,

Bought e mini glue from textile centre. (mentioned in e thread by erica)

SIN HIN CHUAN KEE PTE LTD
200 Jln Sultan #01-08
mini glue gun $5.90 Refill 10 sticks $1.50

popular selling too exp n still big size for e mini glue gun

Oh if snap clips, I know a place selling quite cheap. It sells DIY accessories and also selling all kinds of clips, hair accessories, etc (except the alligator clips) at wholesale prices. It's at south bridge road. lots of beads/accessories - they call it costume jewelery.

I can't remember the name though. but quite a few there.

<font color="808080"><font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">Hi,
Just wanted to share, i bought a mini glue gun from a hardware shop in toa payoh, costing $3.90 with 2 extra mini stick, a pack of 6 glue sticks is selling at $1.20, there's another shop even cheaper, $3.50 for the mini glue gun, its the same lane where delifrance is, just walk all the way down from delifrance &amp; you will find it on the opposite side of delifrance</font></font>

glue gun, i bought mine at the diy shop at basement of jurong point... glue gun comes with two sticks and i bought another pkt of glue sticks = total of $11.

tidbitqueen, wow... didn't know Bt merah central got leh... i stay at alex side... hmm... went all the way to JP!
happy.gif

i tried the glue gun, the glue does not paste well with the fabric and the clip. It dry very fast, end up i use fabric glue to stick it easier.

Hi Fennie,

Wow...$3.90!! thats cheap!! is it the same as above pic?
do you know the shop name or roughly describe how the shop looks like? If im not wrong, the shop opposite delifrance shld be those selling crocodile brand shirt right?

Catika,
Good to see u here...
Beside baking, u r good in DIY too
happy.gif
u know the shop beside watson? I saw it there..
im working at depot rd..

tidbitQn, duh... how u know i bake??? hahahah... *Scary*... hahahaha...

Must justify my worth at home... so my 'boss' can keep me in 'company' longer... hahahah... so most things DIY if possible...
happy.gif
save $$ also.
happy.gif

haha....im silence reader at baking thread. only pop up once in a while. so dont play play hor LOL...
sometime just lazy to bring out all the accessories , my two princess will mess up &amp; kip asking mummy this mummy that....how to concentrate leh..

honlili, JP basement the DIY shop...
happy.gif
SelfFix or what...

tidbit... wah seh! so u cook also!!!
happy.gif
*pai seh*... u see my ugly bakes and cooks! hahahaha...

i've only one gal (and one boy) ... so i made for niece as well...
happy.gif
it's so addictive!!! and really can save lor...
happy.gif

<font color="808080"><font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma">titbitqueen,
read my whole post again, i mentioned it is the same lane as delifrance, have to walk all the way down from delifrance, and it is opposite side of delifrance, not on the same side, i do not have the name of the shop, but it is china made if not wrong, not the bostick brand</font></font>

cat, dont said that...u will know my standart if u saw my fruit LOL....just pick up the baking skill last year nia
happy.gif

and yes, you r right, small clip already cost few bucks...for me i need to buy 2 at one go else both of them will fight each other.

<font color="0077aa">hihi.. like to share my a... not so up to standard creation.. hope u dun mind..

2077265.jpg

2077266.jpg

Catika, u bake? i wanted to try baking too.. what is the thread for baking..</font>

Hi cat

I am a silent reader at baking thread like tibitqueen. I hv only tried making muffin, roll oats cookies and etc....Interested in baking but need to buy alot of accessories very expensive leh...
happy.gif

cartika, saw ur ladies can do so many types of baking... goodness... i like baking too.. but no oven.. hahaha

like ur KB... so nice...

Hi,

Just thot of sharing.
I am using clover glue. Can't remember the price but it is definetly less than $3.
Take quite long to stick (opposite of hot glue)... which suits me as i am rather slow n take time to adjust n fold the ribbons. Usually i will take excess clips to hold the glued area in placed for a few hrs. Work well for me ; >

Have a question,do you find glue gun pressurising to use? It seems to gush out by itself very fast... and lots wasted.

Also, I saw a place selling nice ribbons and buttons. Can check out if you are going there.

Blk 32 New Market Rd, #02-1058 Tel: 65354998

me also use the same as carol..
i didnt use clover glue, i use bostik glue.
I usually excess clips to hold the glued area in placed for a few hrs

glue-gun.
u can get at people park center (beside OG)
one of the beads shop at L1 (near the MRT exit) is selling at SGD5.90/6.00 i think

Blk 32 New Market Rd, #02-1058
Not sure if this is the one near the staircase.
TOO EXP. The 3/8" is already $2/m..i didnt dare to ask the 7/8" keke.
Holland V at least is 1.20/m for 3/8" and
Icing Room at jurong pt is 1.50/m for the same size.
But cheapest still ONLINE!!!

i saw some print ribbons from one website, the ribbons print very nice..tempting to get again keke

Hi lim

Tempted to buy glue gun. As Lim mention bostik glue we have to use excess clips to hold the glued area for a few hrs. Just went to JP and found one of the shop selling glue gun at $6.80 inclusive of two glue stick. The name of the shop is Kim Able household enterprise which is next to Singtel.

Now waiting for clips and ribbons to make more...Lim is the shipment here oredi coz can't wait anymore kekeke.

hi lim,
i saw that you ordered ribbons online b4, may i ask the XOXO, how much did you pay for 1 metre after the shipping ultimately?i missed your last BP, hope to buy some this time, btw, did you try Elsie at AMK?find the prices quite reasonable

To those who joined the spree
I posted out the shipment cost at the oversea website liow. PLS CHECK!

Hi Fennie
The total shipment cost to SGD is USD41
So actually the more items you have it will be cheaper lor.
Currently, for your query..
XOXO - we bought the combo 10yard @ USD3.39
Our total cost is about USD180
So is about USD0.77 for 10yard.
BTW, i might be able to spare u some on this..u interested ?

Honlili
Still not here yet lei..
i also waiting keke

Bess,
i forgot which website i saw it liow..
but i quite like the print ribbons..very nice than the current website we ordering.

All,
If u all are really interested in getting more ribbons/clip,maybe i can organise anothero ne cos i tot of getting some 1/4" and some emblisment.

Hi Lim,
are you able to email me the pictures of your " stock", see if anything catches my eyes, please also include the size &amp; pricing, thanks, if you have aligator clips, i want also

Hi Ladies
happy.gif

erica
Ya agree with u! sometimes I really feel pressurising to use glue gun cos must stick fast fast! But I still prefer it to glue cos I realise that if use glue, the ribbon might come off after a few 'wearings'...

Lim
Hee...I am interested in getting more! Pls keep me in the loop too!

happy.gif

Back