IVF Mummies

Hi Jeni,
Yeah! How time flies!Sometimes I ask I've already given birth? ???
Actually can start on rice cereal from 4 months, but have to make sure 1st is he ready for it.
Not sure abt the ratio thing, my Aunt is a nurse there so I just follow , and it really works for my bb. Using this method, daytime have to give more plain water (that's all).
My boi is drinking 150 ml milk for abt 5-6 times a day with 2 times cereal feeding.

Rae,

nice to hear from u. I was asking hui to ask u to join us at 'facebook'...haha..if any1 interested to 'facebook' with me, just drop me a PM. then..my real identity will be known but don discuss IVF matters in facebook cos my frens dunno...tsk tsk

your boy still wake up at 12am and 4am ? Mine wakes up at 1plus when i pat her and transfer her from hammock to mattress(besides me). then at about 3plus am, she will wake up for night feed. about 5plus she is fully awake.

maybe u start porridge, why only once a week now? cereals is more for starting (solid) phase and breakfast. i started porridge 2 weeks ago at 9mths++ and i thought i was very late already.Cos my frens they started porridge at 6 or 7 mths.. her appetite also no good but this week seems improving for porridge..

my is active, crawling around..

stacy,

150ml 5-6 times a day is quite healthy and good. mine now is about 4-5 times a day and borders around 120ml. 2 porridge a day but at times is 1 porridge one cereal..

Stacy,
my boy hasn't started on solid food yet. My mom said to wait for him to be 6months, then we will feed him porridge. I have been dying to feed him with rice cereal as he seemed to be very very interested in solid food but...

Just to share with you. Today, I went to Robinson sale and bought this Zojirushi lunch box for my boy to put his porridge in the future and saved about $22 due to the discount. If you haven't got it, I think it is a good buy as I read from another thread that this brand is good.

stacy,

prob with my boy is he nvr like milk when young, always had prob feeding him. He tinks we r giving him poison!!! :p so his last feed is cereal at 8 - 8.15pm...... now we are giving him 7oz of milk at 12midnight but still cannot last till 5am
sad.gif

Yes, with KKH but not sure hw's the process like, gg to call them to find out. will let u know....
happy.gif

hui,
guess boys will be boys.... it's in their blood... hahaha..... now my boy walks a lot tt he did not want to crawl liao..... & climbing up & down.... headache man....
happy.gif

stumbled_by,

i hv facebook too....
happy.gif
wil PM u after this.... my friends oso did not know am on IVF so better dun discuss it there. only family members know abt it
happy.gif
& very very close friends
my mil heard from her sister that not too gd for bb <1yr to hv porridge as they will hv "wind". dunno hw true it is......tt's y only give him once a week.....

jeni,
isn't the brand that there's a BP for it? wich model, how many litre &amp; how much did u buy?
happy.gif

jeni

wow..u saved $22 means the original price is ex. i am thinking of getting one too cos my DD eats porridge 2 times a day now. so 2nd time shd save in keep warm container so dun have to reheat again.

Rae,

ya...added u into facebook! Does porridge cos wind ? I dunno..so ur son taking milk now..thats good. 7oz sounds a lot - 210ml right ?

stumbled_by,

thanks, ur bb is very cute
happy.gif
tt's wat my mil's sister said lah.... so i dunno. Besides those we feed him, he likes to eat our food too, thinking ours taste better (of cos). Had given him cut-up fishball, plain zhu cheong fun, McDonald's plain hotcakes...
happy.gif
to name a few

Rae,
Jovial also lor.. now oni 8 months nia wan learn walking..put him in play pen he able to walk by the side..i dunwan him to walk so fast leh..issit u who mention u wan try FET?PM me your facebook add also :D

Stumbled by,
i also have facebook.. will pm u

hui,

yes, wanted to call KKH but not free
sad.gif
ok, will PM u shortly
happy.gif

my boy previously oso walked the sides of play pen till he try climbing out.....scary man....

Rae

your MIL's sis saw my facebook..omg ?? heehee. that photo was taken some moons ago.haha. u can see her more recent photos in my FB albums

wah..he eats so much adults food.then why not porridge..really cause wind meh ? Maybe when u feed him don keep stirring with spoon..

Hi! Stumbled by,
Althought I prepared 150ml for my boi but he always have some left....haha...
happy.gif
actually he is not drinking all. When do you start your bb on porridge?

Rae,
Remember to update us when you have new info. on the FET.. I would like to do it also this year.

Jeni,
Your boi is going to start cereal soon... around CNY? Sometimes it can be veri messy...be prepared

Hi Stacy,
yup, my boy will start his solid food after this CNY.
How's the check up? Why are you doing the 6th mth check up so early? Anyway, my boy just had fever at 38.5 and then we met with an acident on the way back home. Dramatic right? Everything is fine now though. He will be getting his injection after the CNY so he will do the check up at the same time then.

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!

hallo every1,

I am new here and I have gone thru IVF to get pregnant.Now I am confirm at 7 weeks.Very excited cos my 1st cycle was not successful.Had no BB and had to go for a D &amp; C.So am very happy now that I can hear the BB's heart beat at 6 wks.
By the way,I am living in Bangkok and I had my IVF done here.Hopefully,I can make more friends with IVF mummies and get support here...
happy.gif
)

Happy Lunar New Year to all &amp; it's the last day of the new year!!!
happy.gif

Welcome &amp; congrats ah-girl..... yes, it's excited &amp; amazing just to see it move &amp; hear the heartbeat hor.... May i ask ur age? hw many embroys did u put in and left with? so i deduce that there's 1 sac?
happy.gif

Hi Rae,

I am 32yrs.I had 23 .1st cycle,Doc put in 3 and 2 wks later i was comfirm pregnant.But then was an empty sac so went for D&amp;C.Did 2nd cycle this yr in Jan.doc put in 4 and results were back that I am having twins now.But I am now on prgonova,cronin and duphaston.

Welcome Ah Girl on board and Congrats!
Wah u got 23 eggs ah? I understand the feeling of seeing the little one heartbeat :D i did my ICSI on 2006 and success.. :D Dun tink Rae have MSN leh..Where u do ur FET?

Hi Hui,

Yup,actually I have 24 but Doc says 23 eggs are healthy.I did everything in Bangkok as my hubby is working in Bangkok.
I tot if any of u gals have MSN,I can chat with u all...I am so bored...
Ur BB is very cute lei...
happy.gif

ah girl,

wow, 23, tt's a lot
happy.gif
am left with 4 so wondering if they can take the thawing process or not?
sad.gif
like hui, i had ICSI in 2006 &amp; succeed. put in 2 embroys &amp; 1 managed to make it. dun worry too much, take it easy, relax &amp; be happy.... put ur hand on ur tummy, tell them to stay strong till pregnancy....
happy.gif

hui,
i have MSN :p jus tt hv to use web msn to chat

AH-girl,

Rae, hui and i are all on facebook. U can pm us for facebook friend's request. Easier for me to 'chat' there...cos MSN not as convenient.

hi all,

went to kkh today &amp; Dr Sadhana advised me to do a saline sanograph. this is to check if i hv fibriods and lining of womb ok or nt.

I hv to call them on my D1 of my menses to make appt of the sanograph wich will be on D10. Next few days to monitor follicle development. If follicle >14mm, then urine LH daily till LH Surge is detected. No idea what does LH means. If LH is +ve, do scan. On D19 or 20, embryo transfer. Then there's a blastocyst transfer and hv to buy Neonatal Insurance. D17 (tink it's 17 days after ET), blood test for pregnancy.

Still hv no idea hw FET is.....
sad.gif

ah-girl,

Just PM me...

Rae,

I have done FET b4 I went for 2nd IVF cyle. Basically FET is very simple. Once they detect u have 'follicles' that month, they will monitor that 'dominant follicle'(ie follicle that will 'pop out') until it is about to ovulate. they will give u an injection to time the ovulation. Thereafer, u will have to go for embryo transfer. Its quite an excruciating wait on the day of embryo transfer cos i have 2 frozen embryos only. Doesnt mean all will survive the thawing. They will also rate the embryos quality to see if transfer is viable. luckily after drinking lots of water n waiting on the 'bed' before the procedure, the nurse told me both my frozens embryos were okay..

Jeni,
I've beeen MIA for a while as I've some health problem, been admitted to hospital.My boi's 6th month check up is planned by Dr.and the next one is on his 9th month. My boi's milk intake has decreased alot and his demand for solid food is growing. He enjoys most the baby biscuit(those can melt in mounth) he has no teething yet. How's your boi?He must be very big by now.

Rae,
Good Luck! in your coming FET. How the procedure like for saline sanograph?

Stumbled by,
From your experience, may need to find out more from you:
Is it from day 10 onwards have to go hospital everyday for scanning until LH+ve?For FET, need any advance booking like IVF?

stacy,

dun need go hospital everyday for scanning. maybe once every few days. but as the follicle becomes bigger, then maybe need every day. sorry cant remember cos this happened in 2006, about 2 years ago already.

yes, need advance booking cos the lab must 'cater to u'. but i think its easier to 'squeeze u in' - depends on your hospital i guess.

Stacy,
hope you are better now. Are you going to do the FET soon? I am thinking of next year instead of this year as I want my boy to enjoy his babyhood totally before his competition comes... hahaha

Yes, my boy is quite big now and very active. He loves brown rice cereal and if we are slightly slow, he would scream his lungs out! I am still feeding him milk and insists he drinks at least 120ml every around 3 hours as it is good for his bone.

hi stumbled_by,

ur FET procedure sounds so simple than mine..... hope it's really that straight-forward....

hi stacy,

thanks. hope u are ok now
happy.gif
tink saline sanograph is to chk my womb lining bah..... am still blur abt the procedue...hehehe

Thanks Stumbled-by
happy.gif

Jeni,
WOW! Your boi still can maintain 120ml, my boi only like to eat but not to drink! His milk demand has dropped to 90ml
sad.gif
try to coax also useless. I'm thinking of trying FET this year if possible, but I'm still under medication due to my health problem. I'm 34 this year, would like to give one last try and put a stop to all this.

hello Stacy and Jeni! ;) reporting here....juz delivered my twins 7 weeks ago:

1297242.jpg

Time flies....it is as if only yesterday that we were on our IVF journey. how r ur boys doing? I enjoying my leave taking care of them...really can't imagine how to cope when i need to return to work in july.

WElcome Dawn
1297289.gif

Wonderful to have you here.So SWEET your babies'photo.
First 3 month is really not easy, once routine is established and you get used to it, everything will be less STRESS but not "stressless'".Come to think of it, it is really exciting that we can take care of them ourselves. Anyone help to take care of your bbs when you return to work?

hi stacy! at night have to keep getting up to feed them....how long does it take for them to sleep through the nite har? haven't been sleeping 4 more than 3 hours every nite. Prob MIL and mum plus my maid....want to be a SAHM....but hubby not very agreeable...say will need the extra income for the kids. sigh....

u going for ur FET soon?

Hi ladies,
glad to meet up here together again.

Dawn, your twins are so cute and they look very happy. You are blessed to have 2 at one go and now, you can close shop. My hubby wants another one and I am not sure when as I have 3 frozen embryos, I am not even sure if they will be thawed successfully... my hubby said if not successful, want to go for another round but I am not keen on that. As for sleeping through the night, mine hasn't really yet and recently, it seemed like he wakes up more time than before, I am starting to feel a little stress now
sad.gif

Stacy,
if you are interested in FET, then you will have to act fast as our age really determine if it will be successful or not.
As for my boy, on off good appetite but he has this skin rashes that I am really concern about.
sad.gif
He loves brown rice cereal and porridge.

dawn,

altho i don know u, welcome to the club. most of us here have babies that are born before last June or so (correct me if I am wrong)..

i tink it will be a long time before baby can sleep thru the night. but actually 'sleeping thru the nite' in baby terms doesn mean like adults - sleep from 9pm to 6am. it jus means sleeping continuously for perhaps 5 to 6hrs.

if u are bf'ing, i guess the early months is more siong. most of us here din succeed in bf..hiaks. But on hindsight - u just got to let her suckle on- dont use pump!

my girl is coming to 1 year old soon. she can sleep from 8plus or 9plus till 5plus, but sometimes she still wakes up at night to cry. and it is really crying. got to walk around the house to appease her..thats why sometimes i just give her milk so that both of us can quickly sleep.

i think when she was 10mths or earlier, i still give her night feed. (ie she just wake up at night, not crying tho)

my aunt said by 18mths most shd sleep thru, but i guess when they are older, there is a challenge of peeing in bed etc, so still got to wake up.

in simple words..motherhood means perpetually not enough sleep..haha

Dawn,
That really depends on individual as when baby can sleep thru the nite. I could consider myself lucky or not lucky?? My boi doesn't like to drink milk so he will not wake up at nite for milk, so normally I can sleep for abt 6 hrs striaght. In the 1st few months, I've tried to wake him up in the middle of nite, he also refused to drink. Now, I become worried of his size, afraid he has not enough milk.
As for FET, I would like to try it this year after I've recovered.

Jeni n stacy, regarding FET, it is so much simpler than IVF, so just leave it to GOD whether the remaining embryos will thaw properly....u never know, u may get twins or triplets next round!

stumbledby, thanks for the welcome! agree that eversince becoming mother, i dun have enuff sleep...so tired every day, but it is worth it! So happy last nite, they slept through 5 hours! *Sigh* but maybe just for 1 day only.

Stacy how come ur boy dun like milk? tot all babies love milk.....he prefers solid food is it?
Maybe your baby not greedy, so won't wake up for milk one. My mum says i last time also like that one...will sleep through the nite, not wanting milk....i was skinny when young....umm...but not now lah!

Dawn, Stumbled by,
Would like to find out whether need to go thru counselling and blood test all over again for FET?

hui, i went to check, was 2690 on Day 17. you just did ur FET? how was it?

Stacy, no need counselling and blood test one, very much simpler. esp if your menses are regular, u just have to wait to see when u r ovulating, then that day, they will implant the embryo in. If cycle not regular like me, have to go through the lucrin injection part to supress and control the hormones.

hi Dawn,

welcome to the thread! are they both boys cos can't be sure...
happy.gif
am same as u, got to work as need the extra income..... my boy thou sleep longer at night but will still want his night feed
sad.gif
if not, he will kept making noise till he's fed
sad.gif

am glad he's slowly accepting to eat porridge now which is good....
happy.gif

Is FET really tt simple? I hope so &amp; wish 1 or 2 of my embroys will survive the thawing
happy.gif

agreed with stumbled_by that depends on individual babies to sleep through the night...... i have an ex-colleague whose bb slept through the night since he's 2mths. And yes, we are in the Sleepless Nights Club
happy.gif

Rae, thanks 4 the welcome, one boy and one gal. ;) Girl is bigger sized and smilier.

yes FET is so much easier than IVF! less jabs, less pains, but same worries whether the embryos implant. How old is your #1? *sigh* how do u balance work and family life? i want so much to stay at home and take care of them everyday leh....

I just pray they sleep as long as possible during the nite.

hui, wow!!!!!!!!!! that is the best present for you this year! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how many weeks liow?

Back