IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

411859.png
curious and blue rabbit, take care u 2

hui,
thanks...i ate only a little yesterday leh. i ate half bowl porridge then 1 hr later, i know something is wrong inside. and went to vomit.

today lunch I really don't know what to eat!
sad.gif

hi all MTBs!!
been awhile since last visit.

busy with work and was down wif flu past few days since the weekend. terrible feeling
sad.gif

hope all doing well. curious, ur MS very bad? taking dry toast in the morning will help to ease it...maybe eating bread stuff will help also, not oily

thanks missmoon,
my MS is not in the morning. breakfast I eat fried bee hoon etc still ok. usually MS will start abt 1-2hrs after lunch. i really don't know what to eat now.

juz now b4 lunch, went toilet merlion again. then lunch time juz ate wanton soup w/o noodles. that's all.

curious, i see. it's hard lor, i guess, during this period...but it'll be over soon
happy.gif
be sure to drink lots of fluid

hi all,
I hv been sick since tue and it didn't seem to get any better.

curious,
Ur MS sound bad, do take care.

BlueRabbit,

I'm into my 9th week now..actually Doc was worried initially that I din vomit..then after scanning, he said everything is fine...
I'm also counting down...3 more weeks to finish 1st trimester...and I can't even walk properly already...not enough breath and tummy bigger..

Curious, your MS really sound bad...take care and rest well...1st trimester will be over soon

I'm surprised to hear that Xia Rong is still with the Eu Yan Seng at Paragon! My sister-in-law saw her a few times last year, but she told me recently that when she called to make an appointment, the recept said that Xia Rong had left.

Hi everybody. Sorry I was too abrupt in my last posting and jumped in without any greetings. I was just responding to Teddybear's posting about Xia Rong on April 08. I'm still new to this site and didn't realise that the first posting is not the latest.

Congrats to all MTBs out there. Your success stories are such an encouragement to pple like me who r still struggling on the journey. If you happened to undergo treatment at NUH or know anything about their IVF program, pls respond to a new thread I just started today--IVF at NUH. Thanks and all the best.

Hi all

Hope to join you guys on this thread. I tested positive today and am also under Dr SF LOH at KKH...same doc as blue_rabbit and winter1 i think?

Blue_rabbit
You feeling better now? I see some of you guys' comments about MS and thought that was a bit worrying.. i do not have any symptons just cramps on and off.. I am looking forward to my scan 2 weeks later..if everything goes well then we will break the news to the family. When did you guys do that?

mandy congrats!!! make sure you have lots of rest and take care.

MS is very very normal!!! It will only come at 5-6 weeks. Worst for multiples which I was facing.

Thanks tch. which day after ET is this reading? No lah..i dun think i am. Mine is 518 on D16.

Can i ask, I'm having some discomfort/slight pain now and then at my lower right abdomen area..is there anything to worry about?

Hi mandy,
kao_welcome.gif

Thanks for asking, I'm better now. Although not fully recover yet.

My hb broke the news to our family members immediately he knew that I was tested +ve. He's too happy.

Welcome Mandy to MTB Thread!!
kao_welcome2.gif

Good day ladies,
414758.gif

How's everybody feeling? I was on MC on last Fri to rest at home. Now I realised that I cannot eat noodles. Whatever noodle also cannot. Else will have bloated stomach, then will vomit later. Dinner, I can only eat very very minimal in order not to vomit again.

Winter1,
Vomit is good meh? My boss heard that I have vomitting, told me 'VERY GOOD'! And I was like 'HUH'???
414759.gif

Mandy,
I'm 8 wks plus now. My MIL & husband's siblings still dunno yet. Colleagues also dunno, though some of them suspected...cos I keep going to toilet to vomit. I just tell them that my gastric not well. I'm not prepared to tell pple till after 1st trimester.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">tch,</font>
juz to check with you...do u believe when old folks say that when you're pregnant, your older child at home will be more mischevious and naughty? I wonder if it's a myth or coincidence. Cos my gal's behaviour is really intolerable at night. I had a very hard time at night when she sleeps. Nowadays, she will cry &amp; cry &amp; refused to tell me what's wrong. It continues every night, throughout the night &amp; I hardly have enough sleep.

Curious, well, DS is like that now in the morning. He used to wake up with a happy face and always ready to go childcare. However, lately, he can't wake up in the morning and refuse to drink milk. Will tell me don't want milk, pour away the milk. And if I really pour it away, he will cry...*sigh* There could be 3 reasons for it :
1. Nowadays, he sleeps later and thus not having enough sleep
2. Terrible twos though he is going to be 3 soon or
3. like what you said, they sense/know our pregnancy and starts to fuss.

I just hope he will grow out of it soon.

Hi tch,
oh I see...sometimes I jus wonder could it be juz a coincidence. My gal also can't finish her milk at night. Usually she will finish 1 bottle b4 going to bed. Now always left 1-2 oz. At times when she crys at night, she'll vomit out the milk. Then when my hubby quickly took a basin &amp; told her to vomit inside the basin, she'll cry &amp; become more agitated. Then sometimes she wants me to carry. But sometimes when I offer to carry her, she will cry again...I also dunno how now.

Btw, I know now shld not carry heavy things, so I juz sit down &amp; carry her on my lap only.

And also I wld like to take this opportunity to thank you for your encouragement previously. I remembered u told me that since I hv 1 child already, I shld not give myself any stress for the SO-IUI programme. I heeded your advice &amp; I succeeded. Really a big THANK YOU to U!!!

Curious, hehe...you're welcome but I didn't do anything much lah!!

I just hope the elder one won't become worst when the babies are out...

Tch,
Ya ya...I hope so too!! Hope mine will become more obedient &amp; help me when time to come, hee hee!!

tch and curious,
I m not a mother but an early childhood educator, so thot would share my experience on your topic of discussion. I hav come across many children and parents with same prob.

the old saying that the older child will be naughty when mom is preggie has meaing in it and i dont think its a myth.

when women are pregnant second time either they might not spend the same amt of time with the older child like before or may not be able to give the same kind of attention as before (carrying or playing?. This could affect some children emotionally or they might simply feel that something is missing and wld become cranky

In some families the parents or other relatives might tell the child that mom is going to hav another baby and he or she will hav sis or bro. If this news is not broken properly, the child will start to feel jeolous and insecure and thus will start to behave differently.

Curious and itch how old are ur kids? Let me know whether u suspect any of the above wld hav affected ur child.

Humble,
thanks a lot for sharing this info. My child is abt 3 yrs plus. We seldom carry her at home cos she's big already. Only when we're crossing busy roads, then HB will carry. Time spent on her is still the same as b4 leh....

only thing is sometimes she'll see me lying on the sofa &amp; do nothing. recently she is very frightened of the sound of thunder! it is so bad till now she'll follow wherever I go. even doesn't allow me to go for shower while she plays alone in living room.

curious,
O I C! she sure is fine i think, is she attending any preschool? If yes may be check with the teacher whether she observed any change, if not dont worry, just give her hugs and hugs and more hugs ha ha.......after all mums will know better than teachers right?

Hi Curious and blue_rabbit, thanks for sharing. dunno why, I dont feel secure breaking the news til the scan at 6 weeks when you can get to detect baby's heartbeat, so i probably do so after that..

Check with you, do you take milk powder and multi vitamins for pregnant ladies?

Humble,
Thanks! Yes she's attending school. There'll be a parents-teacher mtg 2 wks later. Maybe I'll check with the teacher then.

Mandy,
Juz follow your heart. If u don't feel secure to 'announce', then juz be it. 1 of my colleague irritates me these days. 2 days ago she asked me what's wrong &amp; why I'm on MC so frequently these days. B4 I answer her, she asked if I'm pregnant. I juz smile &amp; tell her will inform her when time to come. But she kept probing &amp; forcing me to tell her. I juz repeat my same answer &amp; ignore her.

Then next day, when she saw me, she asked again! When we met in the lift, she'll purposely focus at my tummy! I really hate that kind of look!

Yes, I'm drinking Anmum milk powder, folic acid, duphaston, B6 &amp; Obimin.

Hi blue-Rabbit and curious

When did you start taking Anmum?

Curious
your colleague is so irritating! I think one of my colleagues is also suspecting as i recently did not attend a few of the company's sports activities (and i usually wld) but she did not ask..

Mandy,
I started taking it abt 2 wks ago. Exactly...I can't stand my colleague but I can't do anything. It's her right. I juz hv to stay cool. In fact, I prefer pple juz keep quiet &amp; don't ask me anything. When time to come, when the belly shows, everybody will know already. I don't like so many pple keep coming to me to ask me to confirm if I'm pregnant. I really don't like it.

Hi mummies-to-be

hope to join you all here soon ... but in the meantime, my battle still continues.

Just failed another attempt at IVF so now it's back to the drawing board.

tch, curious, winter1 and blue rabbit

can i check which hosp/gynae are you with and what your protocols are like? Also after ET did you have progesterone jabs? is there any connection between progesterone level and implantation?

I already ask Mandy and a couple other sisters liao and it seems to me like those sisters with KKH do long protocol.

for me, there was no lucrin jab. just started with puregon on d2 of menses and continue for 8 days. then ER and ET liao. dunno whether this "shortcut" is the reason for my two failures.

take care all you MTBs ... hope that the MS will go away soon and you can all start to enjoy your pregnancy.

Teddybaby,
Mine was SO-IUI done at KKH. Not IVF. Perhaps other MTBs can help to answer your questions.

Thank you for your kind wishes. All the very best to u too!!
happy.gif
I'm sure you'll join our MTB Thread very soon!
happy.gif

Teddybaby, I am also under KKH, Dr SF Loh. If I am not wrong, quite a few of them are with him now. I believe our protocol is all the same at KKH. Pretty standard.

I have read somewhere that the short protocol success rate is not as high.

Teddybaby,

Ya, I did long protocol with Dr SF Loh...

tch, blue rabbit, curious,
Dr Loh does not give multi vitamins hor...is it sufficient with just folic acid and dunphaston?
I heard private gynaes give multi vitamins..

And I've been having cough lately..rather worried..any advice what should I do..dun dare to see GP or take their medicine...

Winter1,
Go KKH A &amp; E see doctor if u don't dare to take GP's medicine. Pls do not let your cough continue or worsen.

Ya must 1st pregnancy, my gynae at GlenE gave me multi vit. Now Dr SF Loh only gives me folic, duphaston, vit B6 &amp; obimin. Hv faith in him. Mine seemed more than u cos I had giddiness earlier. Maybe your next appt, ask him lor. I'm going to ask him when can start Neurogain.

Hello sisters

Thanks for your comments. All of you are successful ... maybe I should switch to Dr SF Loh too?

But does he do ER and ET for you, or does another doctor do this for you?

What about the waiting times at KKH? I can only see doc on weekends or at night. Very inconvenient for me to take leave to see doc.

I'm just SOOOO desperate to strike, I think as much as I like my current gynae, maybe it's time to change to ensure success.

Also, what are your thoughts on him as a doctor?

Winter1 - please take care dear sister! I agree with curious that you should see a doctor immediately and not let your cough continue. Rest well this weekend!

Hi MTBs, I am new to this thread. I am with Dr SF Loh and expecting triplets. Have been suffering from very terrible MS from week 6 onwards until now (week 11). Just to find out if everyone has gone for the fetal screening for Down's Syndrome? Having mixed feelings about the test because heard will give lots of false positive. Any comments?

hi teddybaby

I'm under SF Loh as well and yes, he will do the ER and ET for you personally. In general, waiting time at his clinic is very long, i usually wait at least 45min. However, when you start the ivf process, u do it at kkivf, such as blood tests, scans etc. Doing the blood test is quite fast, maybe under 15min (incl waiting time) and if u have to do scans as well, maybe about 30-45min. The good time is kkivf opens at 730am so u probably can still make it to work if your office is around town.

Is this your first attempt?

Dr Loh will only give multi vits, calcium and fish oil after 1st trimester. But infact, I have so bad constipation from taking these that I stopped taking them, except for the fish oil which I only take when I remember..that is very infrequent.

Verona, think the 1st Trimester screening for DS is more accurate than the triple test that I took for my first child. I took the triple test for #1 and kind of borderline so had to take the amnio test.

So far, my sis and I (both in our 30s) took the test and turns out ok...but of cos my ratio is much higher cos I am older than her. But still not within the high risk range. So should be fine. Don't worry too much. However, if your decision is to keep the babies regardless of test result, then no point taking the test.

Hi all,
Hv been missing for couple of days cos I'm still nursing my cough and also a bad headache. Hv seen my GP 3xs but I took the medicine 1-2 times and stop liao so taking a longer time to recover.

Teddybear, I'm with Doc SF Loh, long protocol, ER &amp; ET done by him too. U don't hv to take alot of leave during treatment, can go kkivf early in the morning and can still make it to the office.

Winter1, Doc Loh didn't prescribed any multivitamins to me, anyway I can't take cos I'm hvg constipation. Doc Loh knows that.
You can visit ur GP abt ur cough, juz tell him that u r pregnant. I hv checked with Doc Loh abt the medicine my GP prescribed, he said it's ok to take.

Hi Verona, welcome. I'll be taking a blood test to test DS. Doc Loh also agree no need to spend so much $$, do blood test first and if not ok, then take a more detailed one.

Hi mandy, I also started Anmum maternal 2-3 wks ago but I don't take it everyday. Sometimes is lazy, sometimes is no appetite.

thanks sisters for all your advice..
after resting for a while, i'm much better now..

blue Rabbit, tch,
seems that all of you took up the DS test hor.
Dr loh advised me not to take in case it's a false negative but I think I'll still go ahead..

Verona, tch,
In the initial stage with multiples, do you find it difficult to walk? I don know why am I facing this problem even before my 1st trimester ends..Is this the case for you?

Winter, I guess for my case, he advised me to take the DS test as I am already over 35. If you are young, probably may not need to.

I didn't hv problem walking in the initial stage. Even went HK shopping at about 14 weeks...

But I am getting really big now, can't imagine how much bigger I will be. Winter, sorry, I kind of lost track. Are you having twins or triplets?

tch, winter,
I am 32 years of age and Dr Loh did question me on what happens if the DS screening turns out to be inconclusive. Will I go for the amniocentesis? Many people tell me amnio is quite risky, can cause miscarriage and very traumatic. That is why I am so worried about whether to take the screening test. Anyway, my appointment with Dr Kenneth Kwek tomorrow morning to carry out the ultrasound scan. I think I will still go for it but keeping my fingers crossed.

Winter,
I am now just trying to get over my morning sickness. walking is ok but get tired easily. Maybe because I did not eat much and feel very weak. Feel bloated most of the time. At night is the worse because cannot eat and yet get gastric problems. Are you having multiples too?

Blue_rabbit, I thought the scan is more accurate than the blood test? I am also very confused. Anyway Dr Loh said he cannot decide for me.

hi Verona
these days, i think gynaes and hospitals are well-equipped for amnio. i did the triple blood test, results showed low risk and i also did a detailed scan @ 20 wks...results were normal. my gynae told me the so long as risk low, no nd to do amnio. it's a matter of preference, i guess.

hope all MTBs are feeling better already
happy.gif

Hi sisters

thanks very much for your advice. Will take a short break first before trying again and most likely will be with KKH.

Hi Mandy

Ai, you forgot me so soon? We did ER on the same day remember? This one will be my third attempt lor.

Hi Verona

Congratulations on your triplets!!

All MTBs,

Take care!

tch, verona,

I"m carrying twins..
something is not right with me hor..I dun have MS but yet I can't stand for too long..walking is so tough for me as the stomach seems to keep stretching...my posture becomes bad..sometimes I wonder if it's because I'm too conscious and careful, that's why subconsciously can't walk properly..

Ya cos of what Dr Loh said, I also worried abt taking the test..but think I will still go ahead with the blood test and scan...

Back