IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

lina - oh i see. ok tonight will start with the heartbeat CD.

ladies - the clinic just called me abt my urine bacteria test i did last week. PHEW !! All's normal
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hi juju,
Just read that you had an accident, so glad that you are alright now.

Hi Jo, hope you are doing better now too.

Hi Sam,
Regarding sedation during c-sect, think gotta depends on doc's advise too. Cos for my case, doc not keen for GA cos she says it would make the babies drowsy, furthermore, 1 of my twin was abit distress already, tats why i had epi c-sect. But for me, it was traumatic cos i had history of slipped-disc and there is scarring inside my spinal, therefore, the epi is not fully workable for me. Cos i can still feel extreme painful contractions. After that they increase the epi dosage until i was so sedated yet still awake and i vomitted in the OT b4 they start the c-sect. Then throughout the surgery, i was shivering (side effect of epi) badly. It was not a good experience for me. But of cos there are alot more cases that had good experience with epi c-sect. Hope i dun scare you...But i must admit the whole process is very fast, within 20-30mins, you can hear the doc say, "1st twin, gal, time...." after a while, "2nd twin, also gal, time..." at least you know ur darlings had come out safely
happy.gif

Hi Imel,
Thank you, hope you are doing well urself.

Hi Merlenna,
Wow, really envy you for having a smooth delivery
happy.gif
Is ur baby in SCN now? Do you visit her? Cos my gals ae both in SCN now and i visits them quite often.

Hi Lina,
Welcome and congrats. Hope your journey would be a smooth one
happy.gif

Hi Lina,

You must be very happy now. Strike BFP. Do enjoy your pregnacy journey .. Happy for you .

Hi Jo
Mine Edd is 30th Sept 09. Still a long way leh
sad.gif

hi maykel,
Thanks. congrats to you and your twins! your labour is really scary but this is all worth it.

hi kaira,
thanks. Glad to join you all here.

hi lina,
yea. understand how u feel. Dr loh queue was indeed long one. under which gynae? i heard Benjamin Tham is quite good and nice doctor, very patient one. Still with KK, rt? how many embies you put?

hi kaira,
wow... if born on 09 Sep 09, it would be very nice... triple 9.. hehehehe.. ^_^
btw, you are also under Dr loh, rt?

hi maykel,
so far i am ok. just feel tired, sleepy and very very lazy... sometime i wish to labor soon cos i feel very heavy.. hahahaha :D
how is your other gals? can bring back already?
wat is SCN?

Jo,
yes, i still read the ivf support group thread, but like what u said, it moves very fast, I cant really catch up.
I also dont know how Patricia is now, been wondering too. She has not posted anything ever since she was during her 2ww on her FET. I hope she is doing well too.

Lina,
yes, i play the heartbeat cd to baby too. He just finished listening to that now.
happy.gif
heeheehee...

Maykel,
your c section labour sounded quite unpleasant and painful. Good that everything has been fine.
happy.gif

hi josephine,
the ivf thread is too fast, even i cannot follow sometimes. I put in 2 embies. How long do you normally queue to see Dr Loh? wonder if his gynae queue will be shorter compare to ivf queue. My previous gynae was Dr HC Han from kk. When are you due?

hi kaira,
sep would be a good month for confinement, not too hot.

hi bliss and ponytail,
another option is to switch on the international channel on radio. I cannot recall which FM channel. That is also good for unborn baby and newborn babies. Let them get exposure to more languages.

hi lina,
the fastest is 1 hr, the longest is 3 hr.
Last saturday, 21 Mar i wait almost 3 hr. The doctor told us that he got to delivery someone in the morning... sighhh... Mine was estimate on 12 May 09. have you know whether u carry singleton or twins? how abt u? when is your due?
i think should ard sep or oct, is it?

hi juju,
see maykel tml or wed? r u stay same place with maykel?

Lina,
hard to say leh, that time my 2nd sis carrying her 2nd baby, her gal kept saying it is a mei mei, but then turned out to be a di di. Heehee...
happy.gif

hi josephine,
wow, 3 hours. That's good, your due date is very soon. I am not sure about the due date or how many yet as just receive the BT result today.

hi bliss,
hey, you give me hope. Let's wish i can be like your sis.

merlenna

thks for posting yr birth story, hope the rest of us will also have such a smooth delivery.

Maykel,
been reading yr updates at the premature thread also, glad to know that both your gals are doing fine.

Is cale's boy doing just as well? seldom read her posts nowadays.

lina,
so happy to see you here finally. here's to a smooth 9 mths ahead.

glad to chat with you on msn today. had to go off cos was feeling very yucky.

wonder who's next in q to pop?

Bliss

long time no hear! how have you been doing?

Maykel

Congrats!! Glad your gals are doing fine... Take care!! dun hesitate to PM me if you need any help...

Do post a pic of your darlings!

My gals @ 9 mths, yeah, time flies....

2301011.jpg

Mrs Teng,
hihi, how are you doing too?
I am fine, getting heavier and more uncomfortable now, but still have to wait patiently for my delivery coz i am only 31 weeks 5 days now, another 2 months to go.
happy.gif

Your gals are sooooo cute!!! Time really flies, they can stand up on their own.
happy.gif
can walk on their own liao? Can see you have taken good care of them, they look so cheerful, happy and fit!
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
just did a table to record our details, please kindly update those info that I have not added.
Thanks!
happy.gif

Do inform me if I miss out anyone.
happy.gif
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msword.gif
details
EDD.doc (37.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Josephine, Bliss, juju

Mei2 is on the left, jie2 is on the right,,, They only know how to stand but walking still a long way to go..

Jie2 is very much underweight, in the 10 percentile category, so I'm rather stress in terms of feeding her. She doesn't drink water, juice... even now milk also dun drink her average required for the day.. Maybe it's becos she's premie, so her stomach's development is rather slow.. digestive system still very poor...

Mei2 is the complete opposite, she eats anything but drink milk... she loves juice n water...

That's why very stress... And now, their daddy is out of town.... it seemed that they know about it and kept calling for papa when they normally dun... strange..

Bliss

Hang in there as long as you can... dun be like me... give birth at 34 weeks plus and all these funny problem surfaces... premies tend to fall sick very easily... So for the first 6 months avoid going out too often...

In the meantime, LADIES ... do take care okay!

bliss
wow, you are fast.

I'm with KKH, SF Loh, EDD 25 Aug 09

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Baby gender</TD><TD>EDD </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Imel</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Juju</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 girl</TD><TD>6 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Josephine</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Bliss</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Sadhana</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>27 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Pleasance</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD>1girl 1 boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Hopfully</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1 girl 1 boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Ponytail</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD></TD><TD>2 girls</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Sam</TD><TD>TMC/SGH</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Babymaking</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>25 Aug 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>76</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Cribby</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Kaira</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Lina</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></td></tr></table>

wow so much has happened already!
merlenna,
congrats and happy birthday to your little girl! your story was really encouraging.
happy.gif

hi lina,
i remember you welcoming me when i started at the other ivf thread...so happy to see you here! do you know your EDD yet?

hi 76,
my scan yesterday was the best so far! the baby was bouncing and turning around and it measured exactly 12 weeks 1 day. i've made an appointment at TMC next month. i hope your scan goes well today, 2 bouncing babies for you... what a bonus!
happy.gif

bliss - I'm at NUH and EDD is 4 Jul. Thanks. you very efficient.

Mrs Teng - your girls are so cheerful. are they really underweight? they look ok to me !

Hi Cribby,

For all my scan, baby not moving much, just stay in one position , like sleeping
happy.gif

Hi Bliss,
Mine is Dr loh SF , KK, Due Date - 30.09.09. Thks for the update..

Hi Jo,

If 09.09.09 , that would be week 37.. Still not too bad. heehee . May I know what brand fish oil you are taking ?

hi kaira,
ya ohhh... not so bad.. hehehe ^_^
I think is DHA natal plus. Did Dr Loh prescribe u DHA also? do you know whether u conceive twins or singleton?

<table border=1><tr><td> No</TD><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>hospital</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Baby gender</TD><TD>EDD </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Imel</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Juju</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 girl</TD><TD>6 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Josephine</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>12 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Bliss</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Sadhana</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>27 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Sam</TD><TD>TMC/SGH</TD><TD></TD><TD>Triplets</TD><TD>11 Jun 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Pleasance</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>1girl 1 boy</TD><TD>12 Jun 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Hopfully</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1 girl 1 boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Ponytail</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD></TD><TD>2 girls</TD><TD>4 Jul 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Babymaking</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>25 Aug 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Kaira</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD></TD><TD>30 Sep 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Cribby</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>76</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Prof Ng</TD><TD>Twins</TD><TD>10 Oct 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Lina</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr HC Han</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

ladies,
pls check and inform me the updates that are not filled up yet or any errors made.
Thanks

Sam,
just know that your EDD is same day as my mum's birthday...heehee.. but i guess you will deliver earlier since having triplets. What's your babies' genders?

Lina
Congrats adn welcome to the thread.How many weeks you in? Me week 12+
Bliss
Thanks for the table.
Cribby
Good thta you saw your bouncing bb... I saw my bb bouncing here and there too.and once one of the twins wave at us...tot too early..but saw it...so cute...your bb shld be more than 5cm now? I am going for my scan only tmr....So will update again

hi kaira,
yea im sure your baby must have been sleeping, doc says they sleep a lot at this stage. i read somewhere that REM sleep has been detected in babies in the womb from 23 weeks - which means they dream too! when is your next scan? you should find out the gender by then right?
happy.gif

hi 76,
yay tomorrow! so exciting... so are you enjoying your home rest these days?

Ponytail,
updated for you.
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>hospital</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Baby gender</TD><TD>EDD </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Imel</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Juju</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 girl</TD><TD>6 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Josephine</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>12 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Bliss</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Sadhana</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>27 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Sam</TD><TD>TMC/SGH</TD><TD></TD><TD>Triplets</TD><TD>11 Jun 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Pleasance</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>1girl 1 boy</TD><TD>12 Jun 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Hopfully</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1 girl 1 boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Ponytail</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Prof Wong</TD><TD>2 girls</TD><TD>4 Jul 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Babymaking</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>25 Aug 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Kaira</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD></TD><TD>30 Sep 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Cribby</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>76</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Prof Ng</TD><TD>Twins</TD><TD>10 Oct 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Lina</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr HC Han</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

updated,
still some empty boxes to be filled up...
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>hospital</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Baby gender</TD><TD>EDD </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Imel</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>21 Apr 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Juju</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 girl</TD><TD>6 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Josephine</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>12 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Bliss</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Sadhana</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>27 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Sam</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Hema</TD><TD>Triplets</TD><TD>11 Jun 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Pleasance</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>1girl 1 boy</TD><TD>12 Jun 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Hopfully</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 girl 1 boy</TD><TD>3 Jul 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Ponytail</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Prof Wong</TD><TD>2 girls</TD><TD>4 Jul 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Babymaking</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>25 Aug 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Kaira</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD></TD><TD>30 Sep 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Cribby</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>10 Oct 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>76</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Prof Ng</TD><TD>Twins</TD><TD>10 Oct 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Lina</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr HC Han</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi juju,
Had PM you.

Hi Lina,
Thank you.

Hi Jo,
haha...ya, when you go to later stage, you would want to pop faster. But when you think abt ur baby well-being, you will tahan one lah.
Doc told my hubby that elder gal may be able to come home in 1-2wks time, but younger gal need abt 1-2mths more...
SCN is Special Care Nursery, the babies would be transferred here when they are off CPAP and off drip. SCN is mainly for babies who are better and waiting to gain weight before they can go home.

Hi Babymaking,
Cale's boy is going well too. Now my elder gal and her boy are neighbours at the Growing Prem room in SCN
happy.gif

Hi Mrs Teng,
Nice to hear from you
happy.gif
ok thanks, will pm you when i need advise.
Wow, ur gals at 9mths can stand independently already ar? I nvr really took pics of the gals yet as they are still in SCN. Will update pic at a later time.

cribby,
updated.
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nickname</TD><TD>hospital</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Baby gender</TD><TD>EDD </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Imel</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>21 Apr 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Juju</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 girl</TD><TD>6 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Josephine</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>12 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Bliss</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Sadhana</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>27 May 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Sam</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Dr Hema</TD><TD>Triplets</TD><TD>11 Jun 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Pleasance</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>1girl 1 boy</TD><TD>12 Jun 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Hopfully</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 girl 1 boy</TD><TD>3 Jul 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Ponytail</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Prof Wong</TD><TD>2 girls</TD><TD>4 Jul 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Babymaking</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>1 boy</TD><TD>25 Aug 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Kaira</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD></TD><TD>30 Sep 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Cribby</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>10 Oct 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>76</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Prof Ng</TD><TD>Twins</TD><TD>10 Oct 09 </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Lina</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr HC Han</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

ladies,
pls check the table above and inform me of any changes to be made, esp for ladies with multiples, the EDD might be earlier. Thanks!

Maykel

SCN can take pic one, just dun use flash... we took pic of our gals everyday during their stay. Disable the flash.

Ponytail

My elder gal is really underweight... she's only 6.28 when she's 8 and half mths old.. Some of my friend's kid, 6 mths already 10kg liao..

May,
hee... jus now i tried to peep into SCN, but saw the signage "Parents and Grandparents Only". so back off immediately.

Bliss,
chked the thermometers pricing @ kk pharmacy :
- Braun ear thermometer (abt $124)
- Omron ear thermometer (abt $74)
- Omron ear forehead thermometer (abt $193)

Back