IVF/ICSI Support Group

Yes! The waiting area outside AMC has softer lights n less crowd n really nicer. I slowly sip milo waiting for my turn. Kekeke... Its like a dream vacation spot for me in my ttc life.

As expected, the nurse didn't want to give me a jab. She explained that progestrone jab has both effect of supporting pregnancy and inducing menses. Unless confirmed pregnancy with bleeding, it is not their protocol to give jabs to patients as it may do more harm of pulling everything out. Was prescribed duphaston 10mg and advised to stick to oral medication.
Progestrone jab can help stable a pregnancy. Since u tested HPT positive n spotting it is impt to get this jab

Progestrone jab can help stable a pregnancy. Since u tested HPT positive n spotting it is impt to get this jab
Ya it will only induce menses if stopped abruptly so i had it till 2nd tri and slowly taper off. Its rubbish explanation from the nurse imo.

No special sleeping postures. But I got end up lying on my stomach from time to time cos I'm a forgetful person, forgot got embryo inside. Esp when I watching Korean drama, got uncomfortable with the position and sub-consciously switch. I doubt the posture impacts cos the uterus shd be clutching the embryo(s) really tightly.

Actually I moved around quite a lot. Couldn't nap so I'll get up to go downstairs to Ntuc ( also to walk off my cronine), rest, cook lunch, rest, watch Korean dramas while lying down, prepare ingredients for dinner, rest, cook dinner, rest, wash up.

I just made sure I walk around (TCM instructions as well) but for short periods, then I rest by lying down or slumping on the sofa lifting my legs up. But also becos my body will warn me when I walk too much, I will get cramps at my pelvic area, or my right leg will become Suan or have pins and needles.
Thanks Almondearie :) I'm mentally prepping for ET next week. Have been following yr updates.. U jiayou too OK!

How far do you all walk in your 2ww? My house to nearest mall is like 2 bus stops away. Do you think its too much?

All depends on your comfort level. During my previous FETS, I stayed in bed most days :(.
First fet was bfp and 2nd fet bfn. I won't think I will do that for this fet ...

But golden rule is take things slow and easy.

Good luck !

i same situation like u...haiz i nv think i hv this problem ..i hv normal pregnant before my two boys 11 n 9 years old le

Wow ur 2 boys so big le .. So are trying for baby no 3.

I use to conceive naturally few years back .. But all cant make it as week 7 scan cannot detect heartbeat .

Me too , haiz nvr think i will have this type of problem .. See ppl conceive so easy .. :(

I use to conceive naturally few years back .. But all cant make it as week 7 scan cannot detect heartbeat .

Me too , haiz nvr think i will have this type of problem .. See ppl conceive so easy .. :(

hey, did u get any diagnosis as to why ur babies can't make it past 7 week scan?

Hi happynods , i did ask pte gynae during that time,but they cant give me an answer .And i start to have spotting at ard 6weeks onwards for both pregnancy .

Is there a test for that ?

hmm just to share with you.. this is exactly what happened to me too. i had two pregnancies.. both early spotting.. baby never made it past 7 weeks, couldn't find a heartbeat.

my gynae kept telling me it was 'normal', miscarriages are common.. they do not do any testing until it happens 3 consecutive times at least.

well, i just felt that something was wrong, and i didn't want to go through anymore unnecessary mcs, so i insisted that we get tested. i asked for a full miscarriage profiling and also did a karyotype for both my husband and i. the karyotype test is not cheap - 500 plus per pax. my gynae was still rather confident and told me, don't worry 99% of the time, these tests come back all normal.

i turned out to be the 1% with a problem! and i got diagnosed with balanced chromosomes which only happens to 0.01% of the population.

saw a genetic counsellor who told me i could continue trying naturally and risking more miscarriages.. or go for ivf with pgd, so they can select genetically normal chromosome embryos before transferring back to me.

i'm definitely not saying our situation is exactly the same! but asking for the tests really helped me move forward with less fear since i know now exactly what is going on in my body..

did your dr suggest ivf? what was the reason for it??

hmm just to share with you.. this is exactly what happened to me too. i had two pregnancies.. both early spotting.. baby never made it past 7 weeks, couldn't find a heartbeat.

my gynae kept telling me it was 'normal', miscarriages are common.. they do not do any testing until it happens 3 consecutive times at least.

well, i just felt that something was wrong, and i didn't want to go through anymore unnecessary mcs, so i insisted that we get tested. i asked for a full miscarriage profiling and also did a karyotype for both my husband and i. the karyotype test is not cheap - 500 plus per pax. my gynae was still rather confident and told me, don't worry 99% of the time, these tests come back all normal.

i turned out to be the 1% with a problem! and i got diagnosed with balanced chromosomes which only happens to 0.01% of the population.

saw a genetic counsellor who told me i could continue trying naturally and risking more miscarriages.. or go for ivf with pgd, so they can select genetically normal chromosome embryos before transferring back to me.

i'm definitely not saying our situation is exactly the same! but asking for the tests really helped me move forward with less fear since i know now exactly what is going on in my body..

did your dr suggest ivf? what was the reason for it??

Thanks for sharing with me .

Agreed with what u said . Doc also said is very common for not able to detect heartbeat .

May i know where did u went for the karyotype test ?

Dr THH is the one that suggest i go for ivf . Reason being is due to previous miscarriages thru D&C by other pte gynaes as he afraid it will damage the lining or womb .
He send me for some test before start ivf . Result came back there is some scarring on the uterus wall . he did explained to me is abit difficult to conceive . So i have no choice and go for ivf .

Now im in 2WW and hopefully hit jackpot this time round !
Or else i shld get some test done as what u shared to find out the roots of the problem .

Finesse9702, I am a patient with dr lc cheng too. Read your previous postings that you are with him. Are you still cycling with him for your upcoming FET ?

Good luck !
Hi daylesford
Yes I'm still with LC Cheng! In fact just saw him today to cfm lining thickness and cfm 11Aug for the transfer date. What stage are u at daylesford?

ya it true...i remarried...so my husband sperm cant make it and my luan zi also weak...haiz...bo bian...my day 2 got 7 cell hope can make it

Hi daylesford
Yes I'm still with LC Cheng! In fact just saw him today to cfm lining thickness and cfm 11Aug for the transfer date. What stage are u at daylesford?

Hi finesse9702,
I just did my ER last sat and am left with one blast. Now I am deciding if I should progress with fet (as my blast grading is only 4CB)
or start off fresh cycle again. I did my first fresh cycle with dr Chang in 2010 and bfp via first fet cycle but my 2nd fet cycle last dec turned out to be a huge disappointment after the thaw at tfc. Now cycling 2nd fresh again after 6 years !!

Is this your first ivf fet cycle with him ?

Agreed with what u said . Doc also said is very common for not able to detect heartbeat .

Dr THH is the one that suggest i go for ivf . Reason being is due to previous miscarriages thru D&C by other pte gynaes as he afraid it will damage the lining or womb .
He send me for some test before start ivf . Result came back there is some scarring on the uterus wall . he did explained to me is abit difficult to conceive . So i have no choice and go for ivf .

Or else i shld get some test done as what u shared to find out the roots of the problem .
Similar situation as mine.conceived natural but miscaried due to empty sac.did d&c.den tries after tries failed.see thh.found moderate scarin frm d&c.done hysteroscopy.den did so-iui as sugested by thh.failed.den proceed with 1st cycle ivf.failed too.did hsg and saline radiography.All normal tho so back to 2nd fresh in sept.prayin hard hopefuly this time embbies stick.

Similar situation as mine.conceived natural but miscaried due to empty sac.did d&c.den tries after tries failed.see thh.found moderate scarin frm d&c.done hysteroscopy.den did so-iui as sugested by thh.failed.den proceed with 1st cycle ivf.failed too.did hsg and saline radiography.All normal tho so back to 2nd fresh in sept.prayin hard hopefuly this time embbies stick.
no worry....sure will stick de

Hihi, we both had similar situation .. Nvr give up .. Im sure one day we will hit the jackpot !

Good luck for ur 2nd fresh :)

Since there's some preggie ivf-ers under KKH THH here, I need some advice on whether during the 6 wk scan, will we get to see heartbeat already? And since they are making us do the scan in clinic D before seeing the doc separately, can the hubby go in to see the scan?

Cos the hubby's leave is private limited but he doesn't want to be left out of these experiences. In fact to conserve his leave, I pretty much went for all ivf scans and procedures on my own except for him coming to fetch me after ER and 2nd ET which happens to fall on a Sat.
Yup, you will get to see the heartbeat on week 6 scan. Yes, the hubs can go in & see the scan.

Cos for my #1, I was spotting throughout trimester 1, so getting the support jab every week is common for me.
TKN, did doc have any explanation for the spotting? Was it just brown discharge or you had red spotting as well? I suppose after each jab, the spotting stopped?

Hi finesse9702,
I just did my ER last sat and am left with one blast. Now I am deciding if I should progress with fet (as my blast grading is only 4CB)
or start off fresh cycle again. I did my first fresh cycle with dr Chang in 2010 and bfp via first fet cycle but my 2nd fet cycle last dec turned out to be a huge disappointment after the thaw at tfc. Now cycling 2nd fresh again after 6 years !!

Is this your first ivf fet cycle with him ?

1st cycle BFP is very lucky! How many did u put in that round? It's a hard decision but I wish you lots and lots of luck this round! What's his advice about the 1 blastie? It has been a long journey for me, I started seeing him in Aug 2014.. This is my third try.. I did 1 fresh and 1 frozen and both BFN :(

Hi all,
I am pretty new here. Have done 5 rounds of IUIs ... and upcoming gg to do my first IVF. Am worried. And the last two times i have very thin blood lining. Hence, wondering if there is any way to increase blood lining. and Prior to IVF what do i need to do. Is really not an easy journey , i believe only people who have been through it understands. Jia you everyone

1st cycle BFP is very lucky! How many did u put in that round? It's a hard decision but I wish you lots and lots of luck this round! What's his advice about the 1 blastie? It has been a long journey for me, I started seeing him in Aug 2014.. This is my third try.. I did 1 fresh and 1 frozen and both BFN :(

Yes... I think i was extremely lucky on my first fresh/FET. I had more than 60 follicles and froze 15 on Day2. Did emergency transfer of 3 on next day after thaw. 2 were v sluggish and the only one left made it.

Last fet transferred best 2 sluggish ones and bfn. I should have waited till day5 and may not have any to transfer.

This cycle am left with 1 blast. Knowing him dr will ask me to transfer this blast and hope for the best but i will unlikely progress with fet first as its a not so good quality blast and get lc cheng to do my final stim on a different protocol to see if my eggs quality improves. Will talk to lai cheng and seek her views too.

Are u still only on gonalF for this cycle ? U had many blastos ?

Still spotting red whenever I go washroom leh. Don't dare to move too much. Have been staying home and lying down most times.

How are you? Going back to work tomorrow?
Ya heading back to work tmr. Going back to a pile of s*** but determined to stay chill for the bun.

Did ur gynae say when u can go bk to take another support jab?

Still spotting red whenever I go washroom leh. Don't dare to move too much. Have been staying home and lying down most times.

How are you? Going back to work tomorrow?
Babe, tmr after you draw blood for repeat hcg test, try request for follow up Proluton jab. If kk doesn't give, consider go back to ACJ clinic at TMC for check and jab. I did read cases and also have a gf who had bleeding but eventually secure healthy pregnancies (gf is now 25 wks). Some bleeding due to irritable womb and my gf had condition known as subchorionic hematoma where there is a tear near the implantation site despite healthy normal embryo that's growing ok. Either way, doc had to provide regular Proluton jabs to calm the womb, ordered bed rest and close monitoring till pregnancy stabilised. For the latter condition, the extent of bleeding can be quite a lot even like heavy menstrual flow. I wouldn't believe it if I have not seen it with my own eyes. That said, the common indicator of a viable pregnancy progressing despite these conditions is normally rising hcg levels. All the best.

Ya heading back to work tmr. Going back to a pile of s*** but determined to stay chill for the bun.

Did ur gynae say when u can go bk to take another support jab?
No leh cos she isn't the gynae I used to see. So if anything, she told me can go back to my previous gynae when she is back on Mon.
Their schedules also super tied and got to be walk in. I guess wait till BT to decide the next step and I'll try to ask for more medical leave from KKH. Regardless the outcome, my body will need time to cope with what's to come.

No leh cos she isn't the gynae I used to see. So if anything, she told me can go back to my previous gynae when she is back on Mon.
Their schedules also super tied and got to be walk in. I guess wait till BT to decide the next step and I'll try to ask for more medical leave from KKH. Regardless the outcome, my body will need time to cope with what's to come.
Yes I think the least KKH can do for you is to give you medical leave. Take DawnBB's advice and request the jab from KKH first. Also saves you from running around.

Babe, tmr after you draw blood for repeat hcg test, try request for follow up Proluton jab. If kk doesn't give, consider go back to ACJ clinic at TMC for check and jab. I did read cases and also have a gf who had bleeding but eventually secure healthy pregnancies (gf is now 25 wks). Some bleeding due to irritable womb and my gf had condition known as subchorionic hematoma where there is a tear near the implantation site despite healthy normal embryo that's growing ok. Either way, doc had to provide regular Proluton jabs to calm the womb, ordered bed rest and close monitoring till pregnancy stabilised. For the latter condition, the extent of bleeding can be quite a lot even like heavy menstrual flow. I wouldn't believe it if I have not seen it with my own eyes. That said, the common indicator of a viable pregnancy progressing despite these conditions is normally rising hcg levels. All the best.
Thanks for your advice, DawnBB! I plan to repeat proluton jab if BT does show an increase in HCG. Will certainly go back to ACJ if KKH denies me of a jab again.

today is my 6 days et...haiz..not feel good also...i only hv one to transfer this is my one chance for my this cycle...and doctor say my egg got older sign...next cycle maybe no folicles..how ya

i just did everything under my gynae at mt alvernia.

did u have to remove the scarring before u started ur ivf? i had abit of scarring too which i removed w a hysteroscopy..

goodluck!! when is ur bt?

i just did everything under my gynae at mt alvernia.

did u have to remove the scarring before u started ur ivf? i had abit of scarring too which i removed w a hysteroscopy..

goodluck!! when is ur bt?

Me too . Removed during hysteroscopy .
Is better to go thru all required test before start ivf .

Thanks you !!BT on 19th aug

today is my 6 days et...haiz..not feel good also...i only hv one to transfer this is my one chance for my this cycle...and doctor say my egg got older sign...next cycle maybe no folicles..how ya
When you have done all that you can, the best you can still do is to hold on to faith and hope that you will eventually succeed. Focus on current cycle first. Aging is one challenge but older doesn't mean definitely zero normal eggs. There is always hope if you try, no try then no hope. Jia you!

I had synchronic hematoma. Its scary.

Back