IVF/ICSI Support Group

No harm just continue moderate intake instead of cutting back entirely. For example, if you take 4 egg whites before ER maybe cut down to 2 or just maintain some eggs intake in your diet. If bloated, can take 100plus. OHSS hit me worst only at 2nd/3rd day post ET.

Thanks miloqueen

Hi all,

May I know you gals went to TCM, do they check if you have any issue like uterus is weak or anything that may make us difficult to conceive? And did they give any herbs to 'Tiao' ?
Or mainly is go for acupuncture just to prepare for ER & ET?

I went to ACJ Women's Clinic at TMC. Was previously consulting Dr Jocelyn Wong but she's away today and I saw Dr Caroline Khi instead. She was rather assuring and also did a cervix check to determine extent of bleeding, type of discharge etc.
Thanks Miloqueen, she sounds reassuring. What kind of supports she gave you till week 6 scan?

In Kkh, u must fight for the jab..they dont like to give. so if your private gynae willing to support, take what u can! all the best!!
Actually not true - my doc THH gives the support jab with no fight put up. for my #1, cos of kiasu-ness, I requested the jab at 2nd trimester every time I see him until he said it was not necessary. the O&G doctors are ok to give the jab too.

Actually not true - my doc THH gives the support jab with no fight put up. for my #1, cos of kiasu-ness, I requested the jab at 2nd trimester every time I see him until he said it was not necessary. the O&G doctors are ok to give the jab too.
Towkayneo you were on proluton jab every few days?

Thanks Miloqueen, she sounds reassuring. What kind of supports she gave you till week 6 scan?
Other than the proluton jab, she asked that I increase duphaston intake from 2 to 3 times daily. I didn't arrange any scan yet. I am not even there yet don't dare to think so far. Will take one step at a time and see how things goes on Mon. As much as I want it badly, if it is not going to work out healthily, trying to sustain it artificially may not be good as well. I have read both success stories and not so positive ones which lead to mc at later stages. Having been on this TTC journey for several years, I have learnt that our body has its own amazing ways of dealing with these complexities.

Hi all,

May I know you gals went to TCM, do they check if you have any issue like uterus is weak or anything that may make us difficult to conceive? And did they give any herbs to 'Tiao' ?
Or mainly is go for acupuncture just to prepare for ER & ET?

Regardless herbs or acupuncture, both need time to see its result. It is not immediate effect, it can take up to months or even more than a year, depends on your body condition

Some TCM prescribe herbs / medicine, like Chinatown TSB while others is for acupuncture to tiao the body. Both of them will take the pulse and do the necessary actions or prescribe medicine

I think I can imagine THH being helpful and supportive but I must say I had a very bad experience with O&G. For my previous mc, I was in bad cramps and already seeing red. The clinic was relatively empty and I didn't get to see the doctor until 1.5hours later. The doctor just did her routine check and didn't even show empathy to one who was miscarrying. The outcome might not be different but it was definitely an unpleasant experience at a very difficult moment. I hope they have moved on now.

Regardless herbs or acupuncture, both need time to see its result. It is not immediate effect, it can take up to months or even more than a year, depends on your body condition

Some TCM prescribe herbs / medicine, like Chinatown TSB while others is for acupuncture to tiao the body. Both of them will take the pulse and do the necessary actions or prescribe medicine

Hihi,

Thanks for your reply. Well I am just confused cos some ppl mentioned to go 'Tiao' ya I agreed it will take time to see results.. So by taking pulse they can really tell?

Cos I know my fren went to one, the TCM's aim is to help u ovulate and make you aware when to try..the herbs or medicine given also for ovulation. So actually they try to fix ur problem or just try to aim ovulation only?

Yap, duphaston is the brand. Dosage also 10mg twice daily 1 months' supply? I'm just wondering if they did give me anything additional cos of my situation. Looks like it's just standard support.

Yeap once you are preggie and had spotting/bleeding issues, Progestrone supports ( via Oral or Oil-Based Jabs) are pretty much the standards. Its just the quantity/ frequency of the progestrone supports which deviates based on needs.

Yap, duphaston is the brand. Dosage also 10mg twice daily 1 months' supply? I'm just wondering if they did give me anything additional cos of my situation. Looks like it's just standard support.
Ya it's the same dosage leh.

I did tell the nurse I still have distinct sharp cramps from time to time, they quite chill about it too. Then again, cramps is prob not a big deal just that I'm not sure how pregnancy cramps feel like and whether what I'm feeling is ok.

Did you see the nurse take down anything when u complain of bleeding? Cos the doc reviews thru the Hcg report instead of FTF consultation...

Other than the 2nd beta on Monday, have they scheduled the 6 wk scan for you?

Last edited:
Since there's some preggie ivf-ers under KKH THH here, I need some advice on whether during the 6 wk scan, will we get to see heartbeat already? And since they are making us do the scan in clinic D before seeing the doc separately, can the hubby go in to see the scan?

Cos the hubby's leave is private limited but he doesn't want to be left out of these experiences. In fact to conserve his leave, I pretty much went for all ivf scans and procedures on my own except for him coming to fetch me after ER and 2nd ET which happens to fall on a Sat.

Started bleeding yesterday though beta is supposed to be on 11 Aug. after crying buckets, finally called the clinic and they told me to go down for proluton jab which seem to lessen the bleeding a bit but still have... Nurse said supposed to go for another jab on Tue If bleeding continues. I know in my heart game over this round.

Wishing the other girls better luck! Almondearie and Miloqueen, congrats on your BFP! :) To those doing stims now, may you have a good harvest of quality eggs! Others who are waiting to cycle, all the best and Jia You!!!

For FET, is it the same process like fresh just that there's no prior injection for follicle growth and ER? Will be given how many days HL after ET?

Since there's some preggie ivf-ers under KKH THH here, I need some advice on whether during the 6 wk scan, will we get to see heartbeat already? And since they are making us do the scan in clinic D before seeing the doc separately, can the hubby go in to see the scan?

Cos the hubby's leave is private limited but he doesn't want to be left out of these experiences. In fact to conserve his leave, I pretty much went for all ivf scans and procedures on my own except for him coming to fetch me after ER and 2nd ET which happens to fall on a Sat.
My hub's leave oso pte ltd so just like yours, and i went for all scans on my own except ET. Anyway, the 6-week scan is done at AMC (or ADC) at level 1, not at clinic D. And for most patients, the heartbeat can be detected through transvaginal scan liao. Husband is allowed into the room for the scan. Depending on your date, your review with THH may or may not be on the same day.

My hub's leave oso pte ltd so just like yours, and i went for all scans on my own except ET. Anyway, the 6-week scan is done at AMC (or ADC) at level 1, not at clinic D. And for most patients, the heartbeat can be detected through transvaginal scan liao. Husband is allowed into the room for the scan. Depending on your date, your review with THH may or may not be on the same day.
Thanks shiro-ger. Then I'll tell hb to take half day. My review with THH is on the same day. Cross my fingers to see heartbeat.

Hi ladies , is it recommended do acupuncture immediately after ET?

My hubby kind a worry . But I just want to ensure it help me better implant . Any advise? Thank u
i do my acupuncture after 3 days et
u can pm me or wc cayenneteng. i just done my et on 2 aug

Ya it's the same dosage leh.

I did tell the nurse I still have distinct sharp cramps from time to time, they quite chill about it too. Then again, cramps is prob not a big deal just that I'm not sure how pregnancy cramps feel like and whether what I'm feeling is ok.

Did you see the nurse take down anything when u complain of bleeding? Cos the doc reviews thru the Hcg report instead of FTF consultation...

Other than the 2nd beta on Monday, have they scheduled the 6 wk scan for you?
I think the senior nurse who took my BT form did note down. I highlighted it during the call and when collecting prescription form as well. Honestly, they probably have seen too many of such cases and wouldn't do much until it is a confirmed pregnancy. With this situation, they also won't schedule any review/ scan scheduled yet.

Btw, when are you seeing Dr Tan? Sticking to him as your obgyn?

Actually, thh prefer to do the first scan at clinic d. Nurse told u to go in the morning right? Hubby go too cos thh will scan and hubby can see. Following visit's scan is at AMC.
I went at exactly 6 weeks, only saw sac and fetal pole.

Started bleeding yesterday though beta is supposed to be on 11 Aug. after crying buckets, finally called the clinic and they told me to go down for proluton jab which seem to lessen the bleeding a bit but still have... Nurse said supposed to go for another jab on Tue If bleeding continues. I know in my heart game over this round.

Wishing the other girls better luck! Almondearie and Miloqueen, congrats on your BFP! :) To those doing stims now, may you have a good harvest of quality eggs! Others who are waiting to cycle, all the best and Jia You!!!

For FET, is it the same process like fresh just that there's no prior injection for follicle growth and ER? Will be given how many days HL after ET?
Thanks bbhopeful77... Sorry to hear about your experience but if you're still given jabs, hope there's still chance. Jiayou.

Miloqueen and Almondearie, congratulations! So happy for you! All the best to a smooth pregnancy.

BTW can I ask.. During your 2ww, did you take extra note to avoid certain sleeping postures? I usually sleep on my sides while hugging a bolster and don't know if this affects anything during 2ww.

What did u ladies do during 2ww?

Bbhopeful77, I cried when I first saw blood before BT too. It is good to let go of emotions, recollect yourself before deciding on the next step. Glad that your clinic has given you the support jab and bleeding has lessened. I'm in a shaky situation now but I'm not giving up yet. Anything can still happen until BT, so jiayou!!!

Btw, which clinic do you visit? Tues PH they still open?

Thanks shiro-ger. Then I'll tell hb to take half day. My review with THH is on the same day. Cross my fingers to see heartbeat.
We reached KKH at 8:30 for scan n review by thh at clinic d, as instructed by nurse, and hubby could go back to work by 9:30. But also depends on his ET/ER Schedule that morning.

I think the senior nurse who took my BT form did note down. I highlighted it during the call and when collecting prescription form as well. Honestly, they probably have seen too many of such cases and wouldn't do much until it is a confirmed pregnancy. With this situation, they also won't schedule any review/ scan scheduled yet.

Btw, when are you seeing Dr Tan? Sticking to him as your obgyn?
I c. I was wondering to say this cos I didn't wanna get your hopes up but I did Google about beta levels prior to our BT day and I saw many with beta levels at 100 to 200 at 12dp5dt, which became viable pregnancies. It all depends on Monday now, Hcg must double and you will be fine. Rest well over the weekend k.

I think I will stick to THH. Since we are all ivf cases and he's the expert. He's been my lucky star so far so I think my pregnancy has the best chance with him. Only issue is seems like must come on weekdays and no weekends or flexible timing.

Actually, thh prefer to do the first scan at clinic d. Nurse told u to go in the morning right? Hubby go too cos thh will scan and hubby can see. Following visit's scan is at AMC.
I c... Nurse says scan first then see doc. Need to come 1 hr earlier to scan cos the doc needs the result. That's why I thought it's separate. I also puzzled why doc cannot scan himself. THH did ultrasound scan for me in his room when I first consulted him.

Then looks like I need to ask hb to prepare 2 half-days if he wanna see bb heartbeat.

Thanks ivyteng for ur reply:)

My ET was on thurs .. So today consider as day 2?

I will be doing acupunture later at 1pm with amk Dr Zou yumin ..

Really hopes it helps for implantation .
I did acupuncture and heating of my tummy using the small lamp with dr Zou after ET. If ET is day 1, then my sessions were 2, 4 and 6.

At first I was uncomfortable becos I recall reading we shd not use heat pads on tummies. But perhaps the lamp is not direct heating, which anyway I went thru it.

I c. I was wondering to say this cos I didn't wanna get your hopes up but I did Google about beta levels prior to our BT day and I saw many with beta levels at 100 to 200 at 12dp5dt, which became viable pregnancies. It all depends on Monday now, Hcg must double and you will be fine. Rest well over the weekend k.

I think I will stick to THH. Since we are all ivf cases and he's the expert. He's been my lucky star so far so I think my pregnancy has the best chance with him. Only issue is seems like must come on weekdays and no weekends or flexible timing.
Thanks dear, read some of such comments when I googled too. It all depends on the next reading on Mon. Fingers and toes crossed!

I c... Nurse says scan first then see doc. Need to come 1 hr earlier to scan cos the doc needs the result. That's why I thought it's separate. I also puzzled why doc cannot scan himself. THH did ultrasound scan for me in his room when I first consulted him.

Then looks like I need to ask hb to prepare 2 half-days if he wanna see bb heartbeat.
Mine was:
KKIVF nurse told me go AMC 1 hr before appt.
appt nurse called later said go straight to clinic d at 08:30 although appt at 10:30.
I followed latter nurse instructions. So confusing right? Lol

For general info, how do we count the weeks for pregnancy especially for ivf cases? I heard it is counted based on number of Fridays?

Miloqueen and Almondearie, congratulations! So happy for you! All the best to a smooth pregnancy.

BTW can I ask.. During your 2ww, did you take extra note to avoid certain sleeping postures? I usually sleep on my sides while hugging a bolster and don't know if this affects anything during 2ww.

What did u ladies do during 2ww?
No special sleeping postures. But I got end up lying on my stomach from time to time cos I'm a forgetful person, forgot got embryo inside. Esp when I watching Korean drama, got uncomfortable with the position and sub-consciously switch. I doubt the posture impacts cos the uterus shd be clutching the embryo(s) really tightly.

Actually I moved around quite a lot. Couldn't nap so I'll get up to go downstairs to Ntuc ( also to walk off my cronine), rest, cook lunch, rest, watch Korean dramas while lying down, prepare ingredients for dinner, rest, cook dinner, rest, wash up.

I just made sure I walk around (TCM instructions as well) but for short periods, then I rest by lying down or slumping on the sofa lifting my legs up. But also becos my body will warn me when I walk too much, I will get cramps at my pelvic area, or my right leg will become Suan or have pins and needles.

I did acupuncture and heating of my tummy using the small lamp with dr Zou after ET. If ET is day 1, then my sessions were 2, 4 and 6.

At first I was uncomfortable becos I recall reading we shd not use heat pads on tummies. But perhaps the lamp is not direct heating, which anyway I went thru it.

Thanks almondearie ,
No harm trying since Dr zou also very experienced with ivf patient . Hope it help embbies to feel comfortable and sticks well during implantation .

I use to visit tan siew buoy at chinatown , but she did not do acupunture for patient and i have stop seeing her more than 6mths le .

I retrieved 15eggs , but sad to said only 1 able to make it during ET . 2 still under observation . I have 1 frozen embryo from 1st cycle ..

So really dont mind to try all methods as long as it works .

So my last resort is try acupunture ..

I am surprised THH prefer to do d first scan in Clinic D coz the machines there are not as clear as those in AMC. Anyway mine always done at AMC followed by review with THH. If first scan done by him even better. Then when you ask d sonographer questions, they kept refering us back to the gynae.

I am surprised THH prefer to do d first scan in Clinic D coz the machines there are not as clear as those in AMC. Anyway mine always done at AMC followed by review with THH. If first scan done by him even better. Then when you ask d sonographer questions, they kept refering us back to the gynae.
I was glad too. My first fresh was unknown location cause thh and AMC couldn't find sac so I was so scared it would repeat.

Thanks almondearie ,
No harm trying since Dr zou also very experienced with ivf patient . Hope it help embbies to feel comfortable and sticks well during implantation .

I use to visit tan siew buoy at chinatown , but she did not do acupunture for patient and i have stop seeing her more than 6mths le .

I retrieved 15eggs , but sad to said only 1 able to make it during ET . 2 still under observation . I have 1 frozen embryo from 1st cycle ..

So really dont mind to try all methods as long as it works .

So my last resort is try acupunture ..
I started acupuncture 2.5 months before I started ivf cos my hb read an Ang moh article that acupuncture increases chances of implantation. It's not miracle pill but I guess if all the factors come together, we have a better fighting chance.

You just need 1 good embie, dr Zou had a patient with only 1 egg->1 embie->live birth! She told this to me to encourage me when I told her my doc asked me put only 1 blast.

Did the doc explain why the rest of the eggs didn't make it?

I was glad too. My first fresh was unknown location cause thh and AMC couldn't find sac so I was so scared it would repeat.
You mean we get to choose where to scan? The form and nurse explicitly stated clinic D for me.

I started acupuncture 2.5 months before I started ivf cos my hb read an Ang moh article that acupuncture increases chances of implantation. It's not miracle pill but I guess if all the factors come together, we have a better fighting chance.

You just need 1 good embie, dr Zou had a patient with only 1 egg->1 embie->live birth! She told this to me to encourage me when I told her my doc asked me put only 1 blast.

Did the doc explain why the rest of the eggs didn't make it?

Dr Tan explained it could be my ovary and ovulation issue

First scan for kkh usually at amc and then review at clinic D and the scan at amc is better! Hubby get to sit next to bed and the nurse slowly scan and point here sac here heartbeat and then write on report "fetal pole with cardiac activity" this report is better than gce olevels result! Then you can wait smiling and in peace for thh.

Thh's own scan in clinic D is blur and he tilts monitor to show you not like amc project on nice big tv so thh's scan not that clear. Hubby also has to squeeze at your legs there to see monitor. And he quite chop chop.

So its a nice experience to be scanned at amc. Nice ambience too.

First scan for kkh usually at amc and then review at clinic D and the scan at amc is better! Hubby get to sit next to bed and the nurse slowly scan and point here sac here heartbeat and then write on report "fetal pole with cardiac activity" this report is better than gce olevels result! Then you can wait smiling and in peace for thh.

Thh's own scan in clinic D is blur and he tilts monitor to show you not like amc project on nice big tv so thh's scan not that clear. Hubby also has to squeeze at your legs there to see monitor. And he quite chop chop.

Oh... Sounds good!

I hv encounter thh scan not clear and he himself sends me back up ADC (which is like more detailed tham AMC) just to see better. Think the scan machine in thh's clinic D room not very high tech. Sigh... Kkh should upgrade for him.

Looking forward to that next week!

Back