IVF/ICSI Support Group

Ladies, I need some advice here.

I did hpt on both the cheap strip and clear blue. Came out to have two faint lines and a '+' sign. What is worrying is I have been experiencing spotting/light bleeding since Monday and hence the earlier assumption of BFN. Yesterday flow seems a bit heavier especially when I wipe myself after each trip to the toilet. In the evening, I also saw a clot in the toilet bowl. The spotting/ light bleeding is mostly dark brown and at times, red. I am waiting for my BT results and praying hard that this pregnancy is viable. I have no snow embbies.

Any sisters here have similar experience and can share what I should or should not do? What kind of support should I request? I told the nurse this morning and she asked to wait for BT outcome. The wait is tormenting...
Miloqueen i think need bhcg level to confirm and you might want to ask for repeat BT to check doubling. If doubling then maybe just early stage and hcg wasnt strong to detect yesterday and spotting. Will be good to get supports if i m you.

Edit: oh my my server slow didnt see your updates on hcg level! Ignore above!

Congrats! Yea do ask for increased supports!

Last edited:
Anyone on progesterone jabs? If so and u dun do at kkh or yourself then u do at gp and how much for the service?

I go Raffles they charge $16 just to jab. I hv my own progesterone ampoules.

Thanks bbcripps. Yes, I transferred 2 blasts. Other than jab and more rest, did you take anything to help with the situation? Should I continue with LRD tea, chicken soup, durian etc?

I did not bleed, but I did bfp with 2 embbies (ya, even with such a low reading), but one ended up to be an empty sac, in the end, my body reabsorbed the sac by week 10. Didn't affect my boy. I was with NUH which is damn kiasu with supports, I had 2x progesterone jabs a wk, 3 utrogestan pills n 1 crinone gel a day. N I was horrible with resting, went back to work next day, n I flew to US on day 10, n day of my BT I was on my feet for >10 hrs at DisneyWorld. :p Jia lat hor, know how to say don't know how to do. But since u are bleeding just take it easy la, don't strain the womb. Like what the other ladies suggested if KK don't want to give u the jab u can walk in to private Gynae n ask for it. Jia you jia you.

I did not bleed, but I did bfp with 2 embbies (ya, even with such a low reading), but one ended up to be an empty sac, in the end, my body reabsorbed the sac by week 10. Didn't affect my boy. I was with NUH which is damn kiasu with supports, I had 2x progesterone jabs a wk, 3 utrogestan pills n 1 crinone gel a day. N I was horrible with resting, went back to work next day, n I flew to US on day 10, n day of my BT I was on my feet for >10 hrs at DisneyWorld. :p Jia lat hor, know how to say don't know how to do. But since u are bleeding just take it easy la, don't strain the womb. Like what the other ladies suggested if KK don't want to give u the jab u can walk in to private Gynae n ask for it. Jia you jia you.
Wa, you damn garang wor...but actually it may be common. Cos we are doing IVF, hence we tend to know if we are pregnant much earlier. For the non-IVF-ers, some may not even know they are pregnant till much later and working and standing for hours is quite common.

If spotting/bleeding, just do lotsa bed-rest and prop your legs up

Miloqueen, since THH not around, If I were you, I would take the advice of the sisters here and get a private gynae opinion on support jabs...

Really hope we can get preggie together... Jiayou!

Edit: you are preggie... So what I mean is we can stay preggie and have our bundles of joy probably on the same day together!

Thanks bbcripps. Yes, I transferred 2 blasts. Other than jab and more rest, did you take anything to help with the situation? Should I continue with LRD tea, chicken soup, durian etc?
Hi babe, pls get progesterone jab. If your clinic does not give, consider going to private clinic. Some ppl have irritable womb and the progesterone support during this critical period helps. You are best to steer clear of cold and raw foods and do avoid overly heaty food as well coz excess heat in the blood does more harm then good in early pregnancy. Eat healthy balanced diet and neutral foods. Stay well hydrated and continue your folic acid, prenatal multi vit supplement and support medication. Modified bed rest is helpful too. All the best. Jia you!

Means is u la.. Lol tat time i saw u outside et room.. U come out i go in
Ya ya... I rmb, end up ur ET after me tho ur appt earlier cos u didn't have a full bladder... But just now I didn't c u, prob too preoccupied with my thoughts... Btw, cycle buddies, rmb to get ur embryo reports if you haven't.

Can alternate to keep the womb warm and stable?

I find LRD ok if not boiled but soaked in hot water... But I feel the black chicken soup effect like almost immediately, feel warm... My chicken essence is Brand's so also ok, not v strong...
Congrats :) Sometimes you know your body best. If you feel heatiness building up, cut down on these overly warming or heaty foods. Eg omit the longan from LRDT, drink chicken soup or essence ( without herbs) two times a week instead of daily. Rem as your pregnancy progresses, hcg and progesterone rises to also cause more heat in your body so you need to monitor and moderate your diet. The key is during early pregnancy, body is already burdened with adapting to rapid hormone changes, don't stress yourself further with extreme foods, must avoid cold or raw foods and any overly heaty foods. Ensure adequate hydration and rest more. All the best! Jia you!

Hi ladies, an update on my situation and i really need all of your advise. Kinda of desparate here.

Brief background
1st fresh IVF - ER 8 follicles, only 2 fertilised and transfered - BFN.
2nd fresh IVF - ER 5 follicles, only 2 fertilised but didnt survive for transfer on D3. Devastated.

Currently:
3rd fresh IVF - Doc suggested long protocol. Injecting Suprefact, Menapor, Gona F and growth hormones. Did my scan today, and only 4 follicles. Size ranging from 12-6.
Doc didnt look to positive. Only said can retrieve only 1 for this cycle. I am even more devastated then before. Some of medication and injected so much of hormones into my body but sad to hear that only 1 can retrieve. How can i increase the sizes of the other eggs so that by my next scan they are grown more?

Im 38 and desparately want a baby. I dont know what else to do. NUH admin clerk told me that i may have enough grants for one more Frozen only but that is provided i have enough for this 3rd fresh cycle to freeze. If not i can do frozen but pay cash up to the procedure for ER. Procedures after that will be covered under grand where there's enough.

Help me! I need a miracle. Im totally devastated.

Why is this happening to us? Why do we have to go through so much injections, hormonal wreck situations, headaches, backaches, emotional drains, lack of support from colleagues and yet we dont see any positive light from the IVF journey.

i myself had 4 cycles with no babies still.. totally understand your feelings. I guess this is really the place where we say we understand, we really meant it. IVF is really about experimenting and getting the right treatment as one size doesnt fit all. I have been through a few protocols on different jabs to realize which one suits me more now. As to why is it happening to us? I have stopped asking the question as there will be no answer whether you are a good person in life or a mean one. If you need support, you can find here.

as for your case, stay positive and dont feel hopeless yet. As long as you have not ER you wont know whats the result and unless you complete your ET, then you will know the final results. If finance is an issue now, i suggest since you are already in the middle of it, just complete it. it is always better than giving up halfway or to stop it; To do fresh or frozen really depends on the Doc and the lab and their advise. IF your body is not suitable to do a fresh at the point in time, then do consider a frozen.

If you dont feel confident about the transfer after the ER, perhaps you can consider to focus on a new cycle with different protocols without transferring anything. That is up to your consideration.

Good luck.

As expected, the nurse didn't want to give me a jab. She explained that progestrone jab has both effect of supporting pregnancy and inducing menses. Unless confirmed pregnancy with bleeding, it is not their protocol to give jabs to patients as it may do more harm of pulling everything out. Was prescribed duphaston 10mg and advised to stick to oral medication.

i myself had 4 cycles with no babies still.. totally understand your feelings. I guess this is really the place where we say we understand, we really meant it. IVF is really about experimenting and getting the right treatment as one size doesnt fit all. I have been through a few protocols on different jabs to realize which one suits me more now. As to why is it happening to us? I have stopped asking the question as there will be no answer whether you are a good person in life or a mean one. If you need support, you can find here.

as for your case, stay positive and dont feel hopeless yet. As long as you have not ER you wont know whats the result and unless you complete your ET, then you will know the final results. If finance is an issue now, i suggest since you are already in the middle of it, just complete it. it is always better than giving up halfway or to stop it; To do fresh or frozen really depends on the Doc and the lab and their advise. IF your body is not suitable to do a fresh at the point in time, then do consider a frozen.

If you dont feel confident about the transfer after the ER, perhaps you can consider to focus on a new cycle with different protocols without transferring anything. That is up to your consideration.

Good luck.

Thanks muff. How are you coping with all of these? I know having two failed cycles wld hve me gotten used to all these but i just cant accept the fact that despite so much of jabbing, there's still so few or infact just 1 egg eligiable for Egg retreival and transfer.

Sometimes in desparate need for some good news, i even googled horoscope to see if there's any news on my horoscope that i will be conceiving this year or this month. i know silly but u can imagine my state.

As expected, the nurse didn't want to give me a jab. She explained that progestrone jab has both effect of supporting pregnancy and inducing menses. Unless confirmed pregnancy with bleeding, it is not their protocol to give jabs to patients as it may do more harm of pulling everything out. Was prescribed duphaston 10mg and advised to stick to oral medication.
It's ultimately up to you. I have only known progesterone to support pregnancies. There have been so many cases of ladies denied Proluton jabs at kk and at risk of losing an otherwise sustainable pregnancy but have been attended at Pte clinics, given Proluton jabs and managed to secure their healthy pregnancy. When I had spotting or bleeding even before BT despite progesterone supports, doc at TFC was happy to provide the jabs though unwilling to do earlier BT than scheduled. I also experienced brief red spotting at wk 5 after bfp and was given Proluton jab and now actually at 37wks. I personally would want access to all possible options to secure a pregnancy and if in the end despite all efforts, the pregnancy cannot be sustained, at least no regrets.

Last edited:
They jus called me.. Bfn :( schedule to c thh on 16sep
Let's jiayou together next cycle! I'm seeing THH on 26 aug. Also not sure if can start 2nd fresh in oct as heard queue already until nov. But I'll update here after I see him. Meanwhile u will feel down for today and maybe the next few days but must get up fast and move on and continue to take care of yourself to prep for next round. We are all here to support one another! *hugs*

It's ultimately up to you. I have only known progesterone to support pregnancies. There have been so many cases of ladies denied Proluton jabs at kk and at risk of losing an otherwise sustainable pregnancy but have been attended at Pte clinics, given Proluton jabs and managed to secure their healthy pregnancy. When I had spotting or bleeding even before BT despite progesterone supports, doc at TFC was happy to provide the jabs though unwilling to do earlier BT than scheduled. I also experienced brief red spotting at wk 5 after bfp and was given Proluton jab and now actually at 37wks. I personally would want access to all possible options to secure a pregnancy and if in the end despite all efforts, the pregnancy cannot be sustained, at least no regrets.
DawnBB, thanks very much for your advice. I will discuss with my hubby. More likely, will head down to my former private gynae at TMC for 2nd opinion.

Thanks muff. How are you coping with all of these? I know having two failed cycles wld hve me gotten used to all these but i just cant accept the fact that despite so much of jabbing, there's still so few or infact just 1 egg eligiable for Egg retreival and transfer.

Sometimes in desparate need for some good news, i even googled horoscope to see if there's any news on my horoscope that i will be conceiving this year or this month. i know silly but u can imagine my state.

Hi,

You will nv know maybe tat 1 egg retrieved will b yr miracle baby. I hv gone thru 4 fresh n 1 fet and during my 4th fresh cycle i succeed with onli 1 egg retrieved n tat is my mircle baby inside my tummy now. I m in my wk 30 so nv underestimate yr 1 egg...

i just wanna give you a big fat hug now!! i can completely understand how u feel.. sometimes i also wanna google "when will i have a baby".. as if google can give me any answers lol! sounds so stupid, but when one is feeling so so down and needs reassurance, really do silly things..

in the end i realised there is really nothing we can do lo, just pray about it and tell yourself to leave it to god.. sorry i cant give u any answers!! but i just wanted to let u know that u are not alone in feeling this way!

Let's jiayou together next cycle! I'm seeing THH on 26 aug. Also not sure if can start 2nd fresh in oct as heard queue already until nov. But I'll update here after I see him. Meanwhile u will feel down for today and maybe the next few days but must get up fast and move on and continue to take care of yourself to prep for next round. We are all here to support one another! *hugs*
Thanks cen! Hopefully i can start fet soon!

Im new to the forum and have been reading everyone post quietly, I should be going for my cycle in Nov/Dec since I have just finished my oral medication to induce my menses and pending to see Dr Sadhana on 6 Sep...

Humbaobao, cheer up thou I know its very depressing, be positive and Im sure you will strike for your next round! =) Give yourself a break and be prepared for the next battle~

Hi,

You will nv know maybe tat 1 egg retrieved will b yr miracle baby. I hv gone thru 4 fresh n 1 fet and during my 4th fresh cycle i succeed with onli 1 egg retrieved n tat is my mircle baby inside my tummy now. I m in my wk 30 so nv underestimate yr 1 egg...
Thanks for the encouragement dear. Wish you all the best.

i just wanna give you a big fat hug now!! i can completely understand how u feel.. sometimes i also wanna google "when will i have a baby".. as if google can give me any answers lol! sounds so stupid, but when one is feeling so so down and needs reassurance, really do silly things..

in the end i realised there is really nothing we can do lo, just pray about it and tell yourself to leave it to god.. sorry i cant give u any answers!! but i just wanted to let u know that u are not alone in feeling this way!

Thanks for the big hug dear. I feel better sharing with you ladies here. I seriously dont have anyone to share these things other than you ladies and greatful to God for this mode of sharing.

no not silly at all, i still look forward to such news in my horoscope - makes me hope for something ;)

I dont know how i came through these 4 cycles, i had my down moments, rough waves and depressing times but I always try to pick myself up and look ahead because I just want to keep going and going until I could no longer do so.

I have many eggs, but what does it tell you in the end? it does not really matter because despite having so many eggs, it never meant any success. So hang in there!

Ladies, I walked in to my former clinic and managed to get a proluton jab. Like what some sisters have shared, doc shared the thinking of doing whatever possible to support the pregnancy and readily agreed to provide the jab.

Once again, thank you all for your kind advice and sharing! I feel much better now and at least know that I have done all that I can. Now is to rest well and pray for the best outcome on Monday.

Strangely at NUH, i cannot have full bladder when im doing endo scratch. The nurse and doc always ask me to clear my bladder for endo scratch. I did it 3 times already.
I did Endo scratch w Dr Sadhana at kkh. I emptied my bladder before entering her room and she sent me out saying she need me to have a full bladder to scan. My appointment time then was before lunch and I had to return to her room with full bladder after 2pm

Last edited:
Ladies, I walked in to my former clinic and managed to get a proluton jab. Like what some sisters have shared, doc shared the thinking of doing whatever possible to support the pregnancy and readily agreed to provide the jab.

Once again, thank you all for your kind advice and sharing! I feel much better now and at least know that I have done all that I can. Now is to rest well and pray for the best outcome on Monday.
Hi Miloqueen, I faced the same situation as you. If u do TCM, maybe u can get some support herbs. My TCM dr was telling me I shd have gone to him immediately as western drs don't do much support when in first trimester cuz their thinking is 'if its meant to be, its meant to be'. But at this stage, our thinking is 'do whatever we can to save what we can!'.

Go for regular blood tests every 2 days and get as much support as you can!! rest well and dont walk ard so much. request for extended HL (Dr S gave me extra 2 weeks cuz my job abit high stress and I told her I dont want to risk it).

In Kkh, u must fight for the jab..they dont like to give. so if your private gynae willing to support, take what u can! all the best!!

Hi All, had done my ER today and was advised to go back to KK on Monday for ET mostly....

Do we still continue our protein intake??

Last edited:

Hi miloqueen can share which doc is urs?

Hi All, had done my ER today and was advised to go back to KK on Monday for ET mostly....

hi bbdust81,

At this stage u shd take in more fluids n egg whites to prevent OHSS and also things to build up lining. Protein was for egg growth..all the best!

Hi miloqueen can share which doc is urs?
I went to ACJ Women's Clinic at TMC. Was previously consulting Dr Jocelyn Wong but she's away today and I saw Dr Caroline Khi instead. She was rather assuring and also did a cervix check to determine extent of bleeding, type of discharge etc.

I went to ACJ Women's Clinic at TMC. Was previously consulting Dr Jocelyn Wong but she's away today and I saw Dr Caroline Khi instead. She was rather assuring and also did a cervix check to determine extent of bleeding, type of discharge etc.
That's thorough. So what did she say about your bleeding?

I used to go TMC too.

That's thorough. So what did she say about your bleeding?

I used to go TMC too.
She did a swipe to send for further analysis just to rule out infection. At point of scanning, no shedding but saw some bleeding at the lower part of lining. Can't tell much yet as anything can happen still.

No harm just continue moderate intake instead of cutting back entirely. For example, if you take 4 egg whites before ER maybe cut down to 2 or just maintain some eggs intake in your diet. If bloated, can take 100plus. OHSS hit me worst only at 2nd/3rd day post ET.

Back