IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi sky_29, I just started with Zou Yumin today. Just wondering how much are you spending a month on TCM?

I calculated based on today's bill, I may end up with $400 odd per month and that's just coming from TCM. 2x per week acupuncture with twice daily medication. That's kind of costly in my opinion. Or perhaps that's the norm?

Any ladies BFP-ed under Zou Yumin by any chance?
Hi! Hmmm... I duno wats my tcm name. Hahaha. But she is at Thomson Chinese medicine United square branch.
Their acupuncture package is 6 session $480. Excluding Med. This applies for their Ivf acupuncture too. I had acupuncture once a week.
If I have Med, whd be ard $50-100 for a week's Med.
Tcm told me to wait 2 hrs b4 taking the other Med.

Hi sky_29, I just started with Zou Yumin today. Just wondering how much are you spending a month on TCM?

I calculated based on today's bill, I may end up with $400 odd per month and that's just coming from TCM. 2x per week acupuncture with twice daily medication. That's kind of costly in my opinion. Or perhaps that's the norm?

Any ladies BFP-ed under Zou Yumin by any chance?

Hi I got bfp seeing her for my 2nd cycle 3 years ago. I find her pricing quite reasonable leh till now her price still the same. For my last cycle I went 1x per week. But only the mth before my ivf cycle starts I went 2x per week.
It's up to your comfort zone to take her med anot. Some ppl went for acupuncture only. Accupunture without med is $30 for your info.

Hi! Hmmm... I duno wats my tcm name. Hahaha. But she is at Thomson Chinese medicine United square branch.
Their acupuncture package is 6 session $480. Excluding Med. This applies for their Ivf acupuncture too. I had acupuncture once a week.
If I have Med, whd be ard $50-100 for a week's Med.
Tcm told me to wait 2 hrs b4 taking the other Med.

Thanks! I just did a quick calculation and I guess it's normal to be spending this much per month.

I jokingly told everyone I'll keep the invoices to show my baby how expensive he or she was, if he or she ever gets born...

But I know it'll be all worth it.

Dr Zou said my many-days-spotting problem is no good. I'm not pinning my hopes on my 1st IVF attempt in July.

Just hope my boss will be supportive for subsequent cycles.

Sometimes you find that they are more tolerant to guys going for reservist

Hi I got bfp seeing her for my 2nd cycle 3 years ago. I find her pricing quite reasonable leh till now her price still the same. For my last cycle I went 1x per week. But only the mth before my ivf cycle starts I went 2x per week.
It's up to your comfort zone to take her med anot. Some ppl went for acupuncture only. Accupunture without med is $30 for your info.

Goingcircles, thanks for letting me know.

I guess I'm just not too exposed to TCM pricing. Started taking her med but I think I'll want to stop when I start my cycle. Just like towkayneo suggested, I'll check with my doc THH first.

Lol now that I found the app to singaporemotherhood forum, it's so much easier to read, post and respond to u girls haha...

Hi all, would like to check if anyone has any experience with what I am going through.
I had my first IVF cycle in April, a week after my ET I had my period. All embryos was frozen.
A week after my period post ET, I had a hysteroscopy to remove 2 polyps. After that, ,my dr was saying my lining was too thin so he prescribe me progynova for 2 weeks and Duphaston for 10days. By right I was suppose to have my period last week (1 week after I stop all the meds). I had dark spotting for a few days last Wednesday, was waiting for it to be full flow, but it completely stopped on Friday. Like completely, just normal discharge now.

Sigh I have been waiting to get my period so that I can start my FET, but now dunno when my period will start. According to DR, with no full bleed its not considered a new cycle yet.
Oh and tested as well, its a BFN.

Not sure if anyone had this experience before? I normally have monthly cycles, never experience this before.

Hi ladies. Today is my first scan at kkh day 3 of my mensus. My first step for first ivf cycle. I am giving my injections for 10 days. But in between there isnt any appt to come for scans? I thought there should be scans in between the injections.?

Thanks! I just did a quick calculation and I guess it's normal to be spending this much per month.

I jokingly told everyone I'll keep the invoices to show my baby how expensive he or she was, if he or she ever gets born...

Dr Zou said my many-days-spotting problem is no good. I'm not pinning my hopes on my 1st IVF attempt in July.

Hahaha. Nowadays, have babies r expensive. Your 1st Ivf will be on coming July?

Just to encourage all... I BFP! Got my blood test an hour ago. It's my second IVF pregnancy. First one was during second fresh. And this is my second FET. Altogether, I have done 3 fresh, 2 FET. No more embryos left.
Lovetohavekids, congrats! Turns out that your hunch is right! Happy for u :) pray that u have a smooth pregnancy ahead!

That is because Govt pays the company for reservist

Thank you! Hope it will be a smooth pregnancy. Ganbatte!
Congrats! Its good to hear good news :)
Can share on which brand of home pregnancy kit brand did u use to test for e early pregnancy before e actual bloodtest?

Just curious is there differnce to detect early pregnancy eg d11pt for watson ,guardian and clearblue brands. And this clearblue brand got so many types. Or all are accurate

Last edited:
That is because Govt pays the company for reservist
lol that's why the govt shd support us if they want more kids for the country... Actually I'm not taking anything extra, just the HL, VL and MC's the company has extended to us... If exhaust all, sure have to take NPL one...

But of course the other side of it is it's disruptive to work and not fair to other members of the team blah blah blah...

Sigh if I can help it, I also won't be absent from work, not like I'm skiving... But oh well, I guess this is part of the sacrifice to be a mother...

lol that's why the govt shd support us if they want more kids for the country... Actually I'm not taking anything extra, just the HL, VL and MC's the company has extended to us... If exhaust all, sure have to take NPL one...

But of course the other side of it is it's disruptive to work and not fair to other members of the team blah blah blah...

Sigh if I can help it, I also won't be absent from work, not like I'm skiving... But oh well, I guess this is part of the sacrifice to be a mother...
What's VL? After exhaust HL next will be AL, after al then npl
I apologised to my boss for taking such Long HL due to my mc.. Luckily she's understanding enough and still asked how am I coping.. Really felt like crying that time

Which are the dates,that hub shd go to kkh? Izit onli.the day whn trsf?
E most important date for hubby is octye retrieval day. Where he needs to produce his army either at kkh special tiolet or home n e lady go for e procedure to retrieve e eggs.

Transfer day is more to give support support to e wifey

Are u feeling better for your fungul infection?

E most important date for hubby is octye retrieval day. Where he needs to produce his army either at kkh special tiolet or home n e lady go for e procedure to retrieve e eggs.

This is funny! Special toilet! My husband feels that the special toilet is quite dirty, especially with the old sofa and torn magazines...(by the way TFC one is better like hotel toilets and wife can go in too!) On the day he actually too nervous and can't produce, late for appointment Liao so bo Bian he went kkh public toilet to do. He said got some other guy doing big business beside him so smelly. It sounds easy compared to what we have to go through, but to them it is quite traumatizing.

Congrats! Its good to hear good news :)
Can share on which brand of home pregnancy kit brand did u use to test for e early pregnancy before e actual bloodtest?

Just curious is there differnce to detect early pregnancy eg d11pt for watson ,guardian and clearblue brands. And this clearblue brand got so many types. Or all are accurate
I would say 99% are accurate regardless of brands.

This is funny! Special toilet! My husband feels that the special toilet is quite dirty, especially with the old sofa and torn magazines...(by the way TFC one is better like hotel toilets and wife can go in too!) On the day he actually too nervous and can't produce, late for appointment Liao so bo Bian he went kkh public toilet to do. He said got some other guy doing big business beside him so smelly. It sounds easy compared to what we have to go through, but to them it is quite traumatizing.
Ya.it stinks :p

I have a question on folic acid. Now that I'm picking up my supplements again, I'm eating vitamin b which contains folic as well at 400mcg. My question is, do I still take a separate folic ( you know those yellow ones?) that's like 5mg kind ? Is it too much or no?

What's VL? After exhaust HL next will be AL, after al then npl
I apologised to my boss for taking such Long HL due to my mc.. Luckily she's understanding enough and still asked how am I coping.. Really felt like crying that time
Sorry it's AL. I used to know it as Vacation Leave. Then current company calls it Annual Leave but my mindset haven't quite switched over haha.

Haha yr way of describin is so funi. Lol. My hub is goin overseas soon. I wann prep him date so tt we wont miss it. E infection seems lik e same. Additional come wif diarrohea n freq peeing. I read online n it says it 1 of e symptoms of yeast infection leh..

I'm also concerned about this. My hubby joined a new company and don't really have much leave. Plus it's not nice he take too many leave now.

Why retrieve eggs need him? Cause you will feel unwell after?

I'm also concerned about this. My hubby joined a new company and don't really have much leave. Plus it's not nice he take too many leave now.

Why retrieve eggs need him? Cause you will feel unwell after?
Need him to do magic! because e embryologist need his 1. soliders to swim to e egg if u are doing ivf
Or
2. Soldiers to be injected to e wifey eggs if are u are doing icsi

Also after or u will feel ceampy. Will lie on a bed till ok then u will discharge

Last edited:
Need him to do magic! because e embryologist need his 1. soliders to swim to e egg if u are doing ivf
Or
2. Soldiers to be injected to e wifey eggs if are u are doing icsi

Also after or u will feel crampy. Will rest for a few minutes if u are with kkh. And liecfor half to 1 hr on a bed if you are with private or i think nuh got a bed to rest also
After egg retrieval will sleep for few hours cos its GA.. By the time I return to ward, hubby say at least 2 hrs have passed.. Nuh can only discharge at least after 4 hours

Haha yr way of describin is so funi. Lol. My hub is goin overseas soon. I wann prep him date so tt we wont miss it. E infection seems lik e same. Additional come wif diarrohea n freq peeing. I read online n it says it 1 of e symptoms of yeast infection leh..
Becos maybi do ivf and cannot succeed until xiao liao lol. Need to crack jokes to spice up life la. Else life very sad.

Keep that v area dry..drink cranberry and plain yohurt to build up good bacteria to fight e bad bacteria. Follow e wiping sequence yr gynae teach u. Dont dough.
Besides v inserts,is she giving u oral pills? Are u visiting her again to get yr swab test results?

Back