IVF/ICSI Support Group

Don't give up, try again. IVF is not a one-time-sure-BFP journey. Many of us here got numerous BFNs too.
which is why I salute silently to strong ladies who had undergone thro all these tremendous pressure and injections etc. How to keep having that positive energy? Now having the thoughts to use frozen embryo makes me feel even more uncertain.

which is why I salute silently to strong ladies who had undergone thro all these tremendous pressure and injections etc. How to keep having that positive energy? Now having the thoughts to use frozen embryo makes me feel even more uncertain.

I totally agree with you jenlam15, eventhough i told myself so many times that hey be prepared for more ivf session, but can't help it when u know the results is negative.

I totally agree with you jenlam15, eventhough i told myself so many times that hey be prepared for more ivf session, but can't help it when u know the results is negative.
Stay positive. I had two ectopic prior to the start of ivf journey so I can really understand the pain and stress you are going through. I had my first fresh in Sep and the beta came back at 23, my world collapsed becos in my heart I'm thinking it's going to be 3rd ectopic but on the 2nd beta test it dropped to 5 so doctor assured me it's not ectopic. Think positively as least there is implantation, and on your next review you can discuss with doc how to improve the support medicine. Chin up!

Actually, personally I feel that frozen embryos are stronger cos they are able to withstand freezing & thawing. this could be your golden ebbie.

Yes, and i am alone and also i did not told anyone about this so only my husband and me knows about it. The feeling really sucks and right now i just hope that it is negative and not ectopic.
For me, the flow started really slow, and it increased till full flow. Honestly I haven't had such heavy flow for quite long time as my cycle is pretty short and not heavy. God bless us and hope for the best on Monday!

:)
Actually, personally I feel that frozen embryos are stronger cos they are able to withstand freezing & thawing. this could be your golden ebbie.
did you conceive via fresh or frozen? But the frozen embryo is only grade 3 and though embryologist said the grading is not a main factor... but again.. when something happens you think of all scenario.

:)

did you conceive via fresh or frozen? But the frozen embryo is only grade 3 and though embryologist said the grading is not a main factor... but again.. when something happens you think of all scenario.
I conceived via frozen. Yes, grading is not the main factor. Sometimes you just have to believe what the medical professionals say - they don't just study medicine for nothing :p

I conceived via frozen. Yes, grading is not the main factor. Sometimes you just have to believe what the medical professionals say - they don't just study medicine for nothing :p
May I ask if you were KKH? After first failed fresh, the next step will be using frozen to transfer? May I know the process for this? My next appointment is in Feb. I'm thinking what to do next. :)
Thank you.

May I ask if you were KKH? After first failed fresh, the next step will be using frozen to transfer? May I know the process for this? My next appointment is in Feb. I'm thinking what to do next. :)
Thank you.
Yup, from KKH - after failed fresh, you need to make an appointment to see your doc. Then when your 1st menses come, you need to call KKIVF to inform them, then you need to go for the scans to until your lining has reached min 8mm while on medication (progynova) and vaginal inserts. Once you hit min 8mm, they will let you know the ET date.

Yup, from KKH - after failed fresh, you need to make an appointment to see your doc. Then when your 1st menses come, you need to call KKIVF to inform them, then you need to go for the scans to until your lining has reached min 8mm while on medication (progynova) and vaginal inserts. Once you hit min 8mm, they will let you know the ET date.

after mh appointment with doc in Feb, is there any waiting time for the next menses to regulate first before starting the ET?

after mh appointment with doc in Feb, is there any waiting time for the next menses to regulate first before starting the ET?

After your appointment with doc, once your next menses come, you can start already, cos focus is your lining.

You can build up your lining by drinking red bean soup, soya milk, high protein food like eggs, chicken meat etc. Good luck!

After your appointment with doc, once your next menses come, you can start already, cos focus is your lining.

You can build up your lining by drinking red bean soup, soya milk, high protein food like eggs, chicken meat etc. Good luck!
Thank you so much for all the information!
May I ask how many times you have tried before BFP? Need to mentally prepare myself on that portion too.

jiayou. many ladies here didnt succeed first time. most impt is dont give up!
jus have your goal in mind. we all understand how u are feeling now.. take care and prep yourself well for next cycle once u r ready.
meanwhile cry it out, and pamper urself for all u have done..

Is there any way to improve egg growth during simulation period other than injections?anyone has any experience on this? Eg by eating some food or ?

Hi ladies, I jus finished my 2nd ivf ET today, time flies and back again on this turbulent ttc journey. I had 11 retrieved, 8 fertilized so transferred 2 Grade 4 day 2 embryos,hope it sticks,doc prescribed Crinone gel instead of the progestrone inserts? Anyone noe wat is the difference and wat to do in tww? I tried to drink chicken n fish essence every day...

Agree with Towkayneo and kissryl, many didn't succeed first time round. It's the courage to keep going, try again that gives hope. I also didn't succeed first cycle. I did 5 cycles of which 3 fresh and 2 FETs. First FET after 1st fresh also bfn. Then on to 2 more fresh then 2nd FET which I finally got my bfp. Each subsequent bfn was never less painful & devastating but I wasn't ready to give up yet. You have come a long way and though you are not where you want to be yet, neither are you where you used to be. Have faith that you will get to where you need to be eventually. May the strength that carry you this far carry you through the rest of the journey. Don't give up.

Hi ladies, I jus finished my 2nd ivf ET today, time flies and back again on this turbulent ttc journey. I had 11 retrieved, 8 fertilized so transferred 2 Grade 4 day 2 embryos,hope it sticks,doc prescribed Crinone gel instead of the progestrone inserts? Anyone noe wat is the difference and wat to do in tww? I tried to drink chicken n fish essence every day...
Hello Eggscatcher. Both Crinone and Utrogestan are progesterone support. For Crinone, it is in gel form and after inserting in vaginal, you should walk around at least 15mins as movement facilitates dispersion and absorption on the medication. For Utrogestan, the pill melts after insertion and you should lie down for at least 30min to let the pill melt, disperse and be absorbed.

As for do's and don'ts during 2ww, I previously collated a list and shared before, so here you go -

I collated this list from what I gathered from the support forum and from doctor and TCM physician.
  • Eat healthy balanced diet. No extreme shifts in diet even when including foods suggested to benefit TTC.
  • Drink at least 2L of water to keep well hydrated.
  • Have ample good rest.
  • Do light exercise like walking to enhance blood flow.
  • Continue pre-natal supplements (min. 4mg folic acid or otherwise as per doctor's advice) and post transfer support meds.
  • First week post transfer ie. hatching and implantation window, take things easier. Talk to and encourage your embie to attach, implant & stick! (If have, can listen to hypno/meditation cd for post transfer)
  • Can take foods that support implantation as suggested by IVFers sisters on the forum - brazil nuts, walnuts, avocado, double-boil chicken essence (http://jewelpie.com/homemade-chicken-essence-to-relief-tiredness/)
  • Ensure adequate protein to support growth, regeneration and esp. in fresh cycle, to prevent OHSS - e.g. Egg whites, fish, chicken
  • Take fruits & leafy vegetables that are not too cold/cool - e.g. can take golden kiwi, broccoli, cai xin, etc.
  • If not heaty, can take warming foods/ drinks, otherwise cut down (e.g. take less or do not take daily) or stop - e.g. longan red date tea, durian (signs of heatiness include heavy headed feeling, swelling tongue that is more red than usual, sweating too easily, very warm palms and soles to extent of discomfort, constant thirst; don't let heatiness escalate to constipation)
  • Avoid cold and raw foods - e.g. NO papaya, banana, watermelon (any melons), sashimi, salads, ice-cream
  • Avoid pineapple which may cause uterine contractions
  • Avoid dairy foods esp. if you hv phlegm-damp constitution (see http://www.maryzhang.com/food_function.htm)*
  • No unpasteurised milk which causes risk of listeria infection
  • Avoid eating mould-ripened soft cheese, e.g. brie and camembert, and blue-veined varieties, such as stilton or Danish blue, etc as these are usually made with unpasteurised milk.
  • Limit soy foods (GMO corn crops very prevalent in soy foods; also very high in phytoestrogen so higher risk of excess)*
  • Avoid seafoods high in mercury, e.g. mackeral, shark
  • Avoid spicy stuff esp. even more so for those with poor digestion
  • Avoid caffeine - no coffee, tea, chocolate (caffeine is not good for blood flow and may restrict absorption of nutrients)
  • Avoid alcohol - may affect kidney function and hence metabolization of meds, affects fetal growth & health.
  • NO soaking in hot baths, no sauna, no massage, no spa.
  • Avoid smokey/hazardous areas.
  • If red spotting or bleeding during 2ww, no need to panic, just call clinic & follow advice.
  • In case of constipation, can take some prune juices along with daily intake of vegetables, fruits and lots of water. If no improvement, check with clinic/ doc for advice and before taking any OTC laxatives.
  • Keep feet warm -can wear house slipper/ socks
  • Laugh a lot!
  • If in doubt, take the path of least regret.
  • Breathe, be positive and hang in there
"If you Think about size of the blessing coming, you would Embrace the magnitude of the battle you are now fighting."

"If you really have to think about it, focus on at least the one reason it will work and forget all the reasons why you think it will not work."

* It is ok to have a bit of milk or tofu sometimes. We don't usually eat these excessively so it will be fine. The key is overall healthy balance diet, adequate hydration and rest so that our bodies function optimally.

Jia you sista! All the best! :)

Hi, on my 2nd fresh doc changed from the insert to crinone gel too. I think it absorbed better just that you need to walk 30mins after the application. I drank chicken essence Everyday too.

Dear sisters, I've a few boxes of Blackmore conceive well expiring end feb. I bought too many and I can't finish them before expiry. Anyone interested to get for a much Lower price pls pm me for details

jiayou. many ladies here didnt succeed first time. most impt is dont give up!
jus have your goal in mind. we all understand how u are feeling now.. take care and prep yourself well for next cycle once u r ready.
meanwhile cry it out, and pamper urself for all u have done..
Thank you kissryl . I think speaking up does help to straighten out thoughts and move on again. It is definitely not an easy journey. We must all jiayou!

Agree with Towkayneo and kissryl, many didn't succeed first time round. It's the courage to keep going, try again that gives hope. I also didn't succeed first cycle. I did 5 cycles of which 3 fresh and 2 FETs. First FET after 1st fresh also bfn. Then on to 2 more fresh then 2nd FET which I finally got my bfp. Each subsequent bfn was never less painful & devastating but I wasn't ready to give up yet. You have come a long way and though you are not where you want to be yet, neither are you where you used to be. Have faith that you will get to where you need to be eventually. May the strength that carry you this far carry you through the rest of the journey. Don't give up.

@DawnBB and to those mummies who did many rounds of ivf, be it fresh or FET. I guess it's normal for a first timer to get a bfn for their first round as we do not knw how well our body can response the med, injections, etc. I did 3 cycles, 2 fresh & 1 FET. I failed my first cycle. Took a break for 7 months and go for accupunture with dr Zou before I embarked on my 2nd fresh. Both times I only managed to retrieved 5 eggs as I'm a poor responder & my overian reserved is super low as I removed part of my left ovary due to endometriosis & fibroids (2x). My 2nd cycle I'm on the max dosage of injections. My 1st cycle, out of 5 only 1 managed to fertilized. I was devastated when I heard this but still went ahead for the transfer. Thank god for the 2nd time 4 fertilized successfully, transferred 2 embies, 1 grade 4 & 1 grade 3 and freezed the remaining 2. I managed to conceived on my 2nd cycle but had a rough pregnancy due to placenta previa and gave birth to my girl prematurely & I nearly need to remove my womb during delivery.
I did all @DawnBB did on those supplements, egg whites, chicken essence, etc except for the supplements we ate is of different brands and chicken essence are those ready made. I took woman's prenatal programe, Coq10 from gnc and go for accupunture. As for the support during my 2ww for my 2nd cycle, I requested for the hcg japs instead of the v- inserts as I don't response well with them. Those prone to ohss are not advisable for the hcg japs for your info.
End last year, I feel it's time to give my girl a sibling so I decided to go for FET thinking the chances of conceiving will be high also as my embies are in very good grades from my last cycle. Sadly for this cycle the doc refuse to let me have hcg jap as my support during my 2ww as he said FET is different from fresh so he gave me crinone gel instead. Think it's not the time for me to have my #2 as my girl fell ill during my 2ww & subsequently I fell ill too. Fever, flu, cough, diarrhea, vomiting all come at one go. True enough, this cycle failed. I'm kinda expected it & yet disappointed as I did not rest well during my 2ww as I'm in & out of KKH coz of my girl. Quite frustrated as I'm thinking why fall sick at this time? My precious embies are gone just like that. I'm still planning when to go for my next fresh cycle but I have to folk out quite a fare bit of cash this time round. If my next cycle failed again, I guess i will just 认命 & stick to 1 child.
So if you can afford many rounds of ivf & determine to conceive, keep fighting & do not give up. I'm sure one of the cycles you did will be bfp for you eventually. Most impt thing is to get yourself fully prepared both mentally & physically, stay positive, think positive & keep yourself happy during the ivf treatments & 2ww. 加油 to the all the brave & beautiful ladies here & sorry for this super long post.

Does any one take tcm be4 and during doing ivf?
If you need to take tcm herbs, should take before starting Ivf cycle. Doc usually advise against taking tcm herbs during Ivf and after ET due to risks of unknown contraindications of the tcm meds with Ivf medication.

If you need to take tcm herbs, should take before starting Ivf cycle. Doc usually advise against taking tcm herbs during Ivf and after ET due to risks of unknown contraindications of the tcm meds with Ivf medication.
Oic.. my sinseh ask mi take as she will help me on my egg quality and increase the chance of successful

Hi need some advise. KKH just called me back regarding my blood test results, i was already psyched myself up to be negative as my menses came late last night (14/01) when my blood test is supposed to be today (15/01). But when KKH called me, they said my HCG level is 42 and that i have to go back for another blood test on Monday to see if it will drop. If it does not drop, then it will most likely be ectopic pregnancy. When i heard this, i cried and also can't stop crying now because i am really at a loss. As anyone here got low HCG level with menses like bleeding and went on to have successful pregnancy? If ectopic pregnancy, what can I do? GOD i am really at a loss now.
Hi, I had the same situation as you and had a successful pregnancy. Give birth in August 15. And my princess is 5 month old now.

Hi Ladies,

Anyone here bfp with just 2 cells or 3 cells transfer? I've read that the chances of bfp is pretty slim though embryologist said they still advise patients to do so as the 3 cells was fr a 2 cells previously. I did my FET and is a D3 transfer. I've read somewhere that odd number cells are not that good. I'm feeling dejected and feel that money seems to be down the drain this time. I'm quite prepared for a negative result actually.

Hi Ladies,

Anyone here bfp with just 2 cells or 3 cells transfer? I've read that the chances of bfp is pretty slim though embryologist said they still advise patients to do so as the 3 cells was fr a 2 cells previously. I did my FET and is a D3 transfer. I've read somewhere that odd number cells are not that good. I'm feeling dejected and feel that money seems to be down the drain this time. I'm quite prepared for a negative result actually.
Hey yvejen! You are back! Hey, since you have done the transfer, no point feeling negative & all. Make the best out of it. You never know.

Hey towkayneo,

Thks for welcoming me back. How's ur journey so far?
Yah I'm trying not to think too much though I'm rather prep tat money will go down the drain. But is really hard hard hard plus challenging.

Hi ladies... Need some advise...
This is my first round of ivf...
6 day - 125 unit ( Scan show 1 9mm egg, few 5mm)
3 day - 150 unit ( Scan show 1 9mm egg, few 5mm)

Egg size was not ideal and now got ask to jab 200unit for another 3day

Is this normal? Doctor was mentioning the egg size and growth was not ideal...

Any experience to share on this? What can be done to help let the egg grow....

Hi ladies... Need some advise...
This is my first round of ivf...
6 day - 125 unit ( Scan show 1 9mm egg, few 5mm)
3 day - 150 unit ( Scan show 1 9mm egg, few 5mm)

Egg size was not ideal and now got ask to jab 200unit for another 3day

Is this normal? Doctor was mentioning the egg size and growth was not ideal...

Any experience to share on this? What can be done to help let the egg grow....
egg whites and anything that is high in protein like chicken, beef etc.

Hi all,
I need some advice about TCM. As I have been taking TCM before IVF, and stopped during IVF. When is it a good time to restart my TCM again? After AF?

Today is my 10days post ET n i m down with flu n headache. I kept sneezing non-stop. Was worried if all these sneezing hv any impact on my embies. Anyone down with flu n still bfp? Other than this, i m experiencing mild cramps on n off.. Feeling down now..

Today is my 10days post ET n i m down with flu n headache. I kept sneezing non-stop. Was worried if all these sneezing hv any impact on my embies. Anyone down with flu n still bfp? Other than this, i m experiencing mild cramps on n off.. Feeling down now..

Hehehe, your body weakens your immune system upon implantation so that it does not reject the baby. For many people feeling symptoms of a cold or flu are early pregnancy symptoms. So cheer up!

Hi guys, an update on my situation. NUH is closing for renovation somewhere in early feb or late March and reopening only in June 2016. Sigh! So many IVF appointments and nurses are trying to squeeze my appointment in for the next IVF cycel.
Im going for my polyp removal as well as endo scratch this friday. Will be knocked out. Hoping this surgery will clear watever blockage found within and let me conceive at least on this 2nd attempt.
Unlike in my 1st attempt, where i didnt take any suppliements or chicken essence to strengthen my eggs prior to retrieval, now im consuming most of these to help with good quality eggs.
I've been taking chicken essense quite regularly, COQ10 and folic acid. Will be taking fish oil pills soon. Hopefully this time round i can produce some good quality eggs and ET successful.

Hi all,
I need some advice about TCM. As I have been taking TCM before IVF, and stopped during IVF. When is it a good time to restart my TCM again? After AF?
Hi Jenlam15. I think it's best to also check with your tcm doc. Some tcm herbs may be prescribed for different phase of the menstrual cycle. Without knowing the exact purpose or types of tcm herbs, can't really advice.

Drink more water and rest more. Sneezing itself will not affect chances if your embies are healthily normal & meant to implant. Don't think of the worst yet and must hold on to the 'Pregnant Till Proven Otherwise' mentality. What will be will be. When you have done all that you can, the last best thing you can do is to stay positive! Jia you!

Hi Jenlam15. I think it's best to also check with your tcm doc. Some tcm herbs may be prescribed for different phase of the menstrual cycle. Without knowing the exact purpose or types of tcm herbs, can't really advice.
Thank you DawnBB, looks like it's better to go check with my TCM doc when to consume it again. Thanks!

Hi guys, an update on my situation. NUH is closing for renovation somewhere in early feb or late March and reopening only in June 2016. Sigh! So many IVF appointments and nurses are trying to squeeze my appointment in for the next IVF cycel.
Im going for my polyp removal as well as endo scratch this friday. Will be knocked out. Hoping this surgery will clear watever blockage found within and let me conceive at least on this 2nd attempt.
Unlike in my 1st attempt, where i didnt take any suppliements or chicken essence to strengthen my eggs prior to retrieval, now im consuming most of these to help with good quality eggs.
I've been taking chicken essense quite regularly, COQ10 and folic acid. Will be taking fish oil pills soon. Hopefully this time round i can produce some good quality eggs and ET successful.
Fighting! All the best! :)

Back