IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi girls,

I wanr to check. Does sick affect e egg quality? Anybody got sore throat,cough and go ahead with ivf,still managed to bfp? I have been sick for 12 days. Only now managed to recover. My ivf is supposed to be in 1 weeks time. Dunno if i should go ahead. I am going private this time.

I actuali applied for 1 month leave in jan le 2 months ago. Delima

Last edited:

Hi Connie, if not in a hurry I think best to wait another cycle before proceeding to do the ivf? After all the ivf process is expensive and you don't want to waste your money unnecessarily if things don't turn up well. Good to rest your body and let it recuperate :) hope u get well soon!

Hi Dearie, as what Teddy75 said, this round of Fet, I did obediently follow the instructions to lie down at least 30 mins, in fact I did more than 30 mins most of the time and indeed I realised not as much discharge or residue as compared to previous cycles. If any discharge, it was more of cervical mucus and clearly not with much of the white residue from the Utrogestan. Try and hope it works for you too.

All the best! Jia you :)
Congrats Dawn!!!!++

Would like to check, how much water to drink so that can lie down 30 mins after ET? I always drink too much until after ET bladder very painful and need to go and pee immediately

Merry Xmas to all!

Had my BT this morn at kkh...its bfp BUT....with borderline low HCG readings...

Was told to take support medication till Sat morn to do another BT.

I think this explain why my HPT's pink line is so faint... Nurse advised maybe is due to slow embryo implantation...im really afraid that is a f**** positive.....:(

Roller coaster ride of feeling today....From anticipating,anxious,excited to worry etc...

Hope i will receive increased Hcg levels this Saturday...

X-ing my fingers....

Hi Sistas,

Happy Boxing day!

Had my 2nd BT this morn...the hcgs readings rose more than double!!im so glad that i PASSED!

Was informed to go bk for Doctor appt at Clinic D n scan appt at AMC ctr 2 weeks later.

Till then considered officially "graduated" from kkhivf ctr...

Now overwhelmed with gratitude n joy...

Spreading baby dust to all~~~~~~~~

Congrats Dawn!!!!++

Would like to check, how much water to drink so that can lie down 30 mins after ET? I always drink too much until after ET bladder very painful and need to go and pee immediately
Hello Gracewithus! Thanks :)

My previous post you replied to actually talked about lying down after the Utrogestan vaginal inserts. If it is ET that you are talking about, it is not absolutely necessary to lie down 30mins after ET. The nurse may advise you to lie down 10-15mins but if you really can't hold your bladder any longer, it is ok to relieve yourself but just try to do it smoothly and not push too hard.

For my last ET, I drank 1L water upon waking up and relieved myself at least twice within 2 hours as per normal after breakfast. Then before leaving for the clinic, I drank about 1.5 full glass water (about 700ml) and I stopped. When the nurse did the first scan to check on my bladder, it was just nicely full so I didn't need to drink more yet I felt comfortable enough without the 'anytime can burst' feeling. So I was still able to lie down for about 15 min after the ET.

Of course everyone is different. You may want to do a 'rehearsal' to test your own bladder capacity before the actual ET day.

When is your ET day? All the best!

Hi Sistas,

Happy Boxing day!

Had my 2nd BT this morn...the hcgs readings rose more than double!!im so glad that i PASSED!

Was informed to go bk for Doctor appt at Clinic D n scan appt at AMC ctr 2 weeks later.

Good to hear that all turned out well for you!! Do take care as you enjoy this special festive season with your little bundle of joy. Cheers!

Hello Gracewithus! Thanks :)

My previous post you replied to actually talked about lying down after the Utrogestan vaginal inserts. If it is ET that you are talking about, it is not absolutely necessary to lie down 30mins after ET. The nurse may advise you to lie down 10-15mins but if you really can't hold your bladder any longer, it is ok to relieve yourself but just try to do it smoothly and not push too hard.

For my last ET, I drank 1L water upon waking up and relieved myself at least twice within 2 hours as per normal after breakfast. Then before leaving for the clinic, I drank about 1.5 full glass water (about 700ml) and I stopped. When the nurse did the first scan to check on my bladder, it was just nicely full so I didn't need to drink more yet I felt comfortable enough without the 'anytime can burst' feeling. So I was still able to lie down for about 15 min after the ET.

Of course everyone is different. You may want to do a 'rehearsal' to test your own bladder capacity before the actual ET day.

When is your ET day? All the best!
Thanks dawn! I kenna chicken pox. So my fresh cycle will now be in Jan. AF has just arrived. So FET should be in February.

Have a smooth pregnancy!!

Hi Sistas,

Happy Boxing day!

Best Christmas gift ever!!

Hi everyone, just found out about this group few days ago.

Had my 1st ivf and supposed to go for BT on 28dec, slight bleeding today with mild cramping so I think AF is coming. :(

Congrats to those who got BFP :)

Last edited:

Had my 1st ivf and supposed to go for BT on 28dec, slight bleeding today with mild cramping so I think AF is coming. :(

Hope your bleeding has stopped and good luck tomorrow

My heartiest congratulations to those who got BFP this mth!

My 1st ivf cycle ended in BFN. Will move forward to the next fresh or FET in Feb.

Happy new year 2016 to everyone! May all our wishes come true in 2016!!
Stay strong dear! Hope that you will recover well physically & mentally for the next try!

Sharing my favourite quotes again to inspire positive energy in all sisters on this journey:
  • "E.N.D. is Effort Never Dies and if you get No. for an answer, remember that N.O. is Next Opportunity. Always be positive."
  • "Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not obssess. Just breath and have faith that everything will work out for the best."
  • "If you could see the size of the blessing at the end, you would understand the magnitude of the battle you are fighting!"
  • "Life is a circle of happiness, sadness, hard times and good times. If you are going through hard times, have faith that the goods times are on the way."
  • "One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve about the past for it is gone. Do not be troubled about the future for it has not yet come. Live in the present, make it worthwhile remembering."
  • "Remember how far you have come, not just how far you have to go. You are not yet where you want to be, neither are you where you used to be."
  • "God (or the higher power out there) answers in three ways: He says yes & gives you what you want; He says no & gives you something better; or, He says wait & gives you the best."
New year, new hope! Persevere on, stay positive, do your best and hope for the best! Jia you :)

Stay strong dear! Hope that you will recover well physically & mentally for the next try!

Sharing my favourite quotes again to inspire positive energy in all sisters on this journey:
  • "E.N.D. is Effort Never Dies and if you get No. for an answer, remember that N.O. is Next Opportunity. Always be positive."
  • "Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not obssess. Just breath and have faith that everything will work out for the best."
  • "If you could see the size of the blessing at the end, you would understand the magnitude of the battle you are fighting!"
  • "Life is a circle of happiness, sadness, hard times and good times. If you are going through hard times, have faith that the goods times are on the way."
  • "One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve about the past for it is gone. Do not be troubled about the future for it has not yet come. Live in the present, make it worthwhile remembering."
  • "Remember how far you have come, not just how far you have to go. You are not yet where you want to be, neither are you where you used to be."
  • "God (or the higher power out there) answers in three ways: He says yes & gives you what you want; He says no & gives you something better; or, He says wait & gives you the best."
New year, new hope! Persevere on, stay positive, do your best and hope for the best! Jia you :)
When is your first scan?

Hi ladies, i am going for my ivf next week at KKIVF. I read e booklet given to me when i went for briefing few wks back, it stated that have protected sex while on injection. Do we really have to abide to that? Since i will be on jab to prevent ovulation, and even on ER day, dr will be retrieving my eggs so i dunno why must have protected sex. I saw some ppl commented that they had sex the day b4 they did ET. Pls advise. Thanks!

Hi ladies, i am going for my ivf next week at KKIVF. I read e booklet given to me when i went for briefing few wks back, it stated that have protected sex while on injection. Do we really have to abide to that? Since i will be on jab to prevent ovulation, and even on ER day, dr will be retrieving my eggs so i dunno why must have protected sex. I saw some ppl commented that they had sex the day b4 they did ET. Pls advise. Thanks!
Hello Melody, this site provides the medical opinion from a doc to address the question of having sex during fertility treatments. Worth a read. All the best!

https://www.shadygrovefertility.com...ss/can-i-have-sex-during-fertility-treatment/

Ladies, can i check - did anyone see fengshui for infertility? Actually it's my 1st time getting a fengshui master to check out my house & we talked about it. Kind of thinking a lot now after our conversation...

Ladies, can i check - did anyone see fengshui for infertility? Actually it's my 1st time getting a fengshui master to check out my house & we talked about it. Kind of thinking a lot now after our conversation...

Well if u believe it will happen if u not believe it will not happen. Fs is good for the house to be set in proper harmony and each dewllers well being. Sometimes to have or not kids is due to one's karma and fate. In Buddhist view to be childless is a blessing because there is no lobger ownage between the other life and ine, sometimea having a child is to return ur kindness in the past life while most is to finish undone business. Again these are some reglion view. Dun dwell too much just carry on doing good deeds with a truthful heart amd mind and good results will come to u. With this I too hope for the best for all tccing including my side.

Hi Wanbaby... Hope it wil work for u. My hubby start taking Coq10 and went for traditional massage something like incase there might be blockage.
Thanks WJZKEV, will try to purchase that for my hubby. And dont worry too much, it will work for you and yr wife. Like what many had said here before, it takes time. Happy 2016 to all of us.

Well if u believe it will happen if u not believe it will not happen. Fs is good for the house to be set in proper harmony and each dewllers well being. Sometimes to have or not kids is due to one's karma and fate. In Buddhist view to be childless is a blessing because there is no lobger ownage between the other life and ine, sometimea having a child is to return ur kindness in the past life while most is to finish undone business. Again these are some reglion view. Dun dwell too much just carry on doing good deeds with a truthful heart amd mind and good results will come to u. With this I too hope for the best for all tccing including my side.
We r in the midst of fine tuning some of the stuff which the fs master has told us. Yap. I m continuing with the good deeds & eat vegetarian on 1st & 15th & whenever possible...

I will be starting my 1st cycle in ard 2 weeks time. Done some reading up... The more i read the more i freak out... For those who have gone though which stage is the most painful, stim jabs, ER, ET or are these all nothing compared to some other stuffs that i have not listed...

I will be starting my 1st cycle in ard 2 weeks time. Done some reading up... The more i read the more i freak out... For those who have gone though which stage is the most painful, stim jabs, ER, ET or are these all nothing compared to some other stuffs that i have not listed...
Actually you shouldn't freak out - just go with the flow and in no time, you will realise it's really not that bad and it will all be worth it when you hear the nurse announce "Can I have your NRIC number? Congrats, you are pregnant! Can you come down and collect your support today?"

We might be cycle buddies! I'm starting my 3rd fresh cycle in about 2 weeks time too. Which doc are u with?

IMHO, the most difficult part of the IVF journey is not about the jabs or ER/ET but managing your expectations and the emotional aspects especially during the 2ww.

I read from a book before that pain is caused by fear. Take away the fear and what is left is just a physical feeling. There will be some discomfort along the way but it's manageable & I do not have very high pain threshold in the first place. So yeah, it's really all in the mind. And if you want something badly enough, the so-called 'pain' factor should be secondary. Focus on your ultimate goal. Don't be scared by the scaremongers or the negative stuffs you read online as everybody's body and reaction is different as well. Once you been through it yourself, it's really not that bad. Good Luck!

IMHO, the most difficult part of the IVF journey is not about the jabs or ER/ET but managing your expectations and the emotional aspects especially during the 2ww.

I read from a book before that pain is caused by fear. Take away the fear and what is left is just a physical feeling. There will be some discomfort along the way but it's manageable & I do not have very high pain threshold in the first place. So yeah, it's really all in the mind. And if you want something badly enough, the so-called 'pain' factor should be secondary. Focus on your ultimate goal. Don't be scared by the scaremongers or the negative stuffs you read online as everybody's body and reaction is different as well. Once you been through it yourself, it's really not that bad. Good Luck!
hello @milogal88, well said!
agree with you, we are all doing this for one goal. and we are willing to bear the pain for it.
it's really not that bad to bear the jabs and all, because you know at end of it you want a baby in hand. :)
the worst to handle will be the expectations and emotions after a bfn. however, ultimately will still have to pick oneself up and try again. willing to pluck up my courage to try just in hope for a positive hpt one day.
jiayou ladies! for this one goal we all are working towards. sincerely hope we can all succeed soon..

Yeah , the pain from the jabs is really bearable. It's akin to ant bites for me .. Just think of how they can help u grow your eggs and u will welcome those jabs haha

I will be doing my endo scratch in Jan soon. Anyone has early menses after endo scratch?
Coz I will be doing my second ivf fresh in Jan but heng heng :eek: my Jan menses is btw 13 - 15 Jan and cut off date start in 16 Jan.

Had my BT this morning. hCG reading was low (was told that it's 13.5). Had to return for another blood test on Wed.

Slight bleeding on Sat had turned into full flow bleeding yesterday so I'm not very hopeful about the BT on wed

Had my BT this morning. hCG reading was low (was told that it's 13.5). Had to return for another blood test on Wed.

Slight bleeding on Sat had turned into full flow bleeding yesterday so I'm not very hopeful about the BT on wed
*Hugs* very sorry that you are going through this. It is hard not to be worried. Still please try to stay strong and rest as much as possible. Hope for the best while be prepared for otherwise. Just try your best k.

This is my first cycle too and I read up phase by phase. It's more of to know what's coming up and some tips to help me get through it. A lot of the negative things I read didn't happen to me, so I guess all the paranoia was for nothing.

I read on how some people bruised themselves badly during the injections but that didn't happen to me. And the injections were not really painful as well. I read how some described pregnyl as super painful and burning, but it was okay for me as well. And I'm the type who don't dare to look at needles and scared of balloons kind of person...and the injections part went quite smoothly for me.

Before I went for IVF, I had a friend who went through IVF told me that everyone thinks the woman is the only one suffering but the man goes through a lot as well. He worries about his own test results as well, has to produce semen in a totally un-sexy hospital environment multiple times...which can actually be really a big bruise to their egos. Have to soothe their worrying wives throughout the period - I lost temper at him a few times because he was slow to take out the needles from the box :oops:...but he stomach-ed it all. My mother-in-law doesn't know abt the IVF, so he had to cover it up for me by lying to her a few times.

I've never felt as loved as I had been in the relationship and I'm really glad I went through IVF with my husband who had been really supportive throughout the whole time. So enjoy the process! You are not in this alone! :)

Am with NUH Prof PC Wong.
Started duphaston on 27th Nov.
Started 300iu gonal F on evenings since 12th Dec and on 17th Dec introduced Cetrotide on mornings.
Dosage for both jabs maintained throughout.
Suprefact jab on 24th Dec at 10pm.
Every blood test and scans results were satisfactory according to Prof.
12 eggs with biggest at 18.5mm 2 days before oocyte retrieval. Lining at 9mm. No major issues between DH and myself.
Oocyte Retrieval on 26th Dec 10am. Harvested 7 out of 12 eggs.
Received call on 28th Dec at 9plus am... informing 3 out of 7 eggs matured but NONE fertilised.
Anyone been through the same? Embrologist only briefly mentioned problem lies with either the egg or the sperm... seeing Prof soon for detailed information.
I went through like 20 over jabs... plus 4-5 blood tests... total bill almost 10k... yet... NO FERTILISATION.
This cycle ended just like to.
I don't know what's going to happen next...
Failed 2 iuis then this 1st ivf...

Am with NUH Prof PC Wong.
Started duphaston on 27th Nov.
Started 300iu gonal F on evenings since 12th Dec and on 17th Dec introduced Cetrotide on mornings.
Dosage for both jabs maintained throughout.
Suprefact jab on 24th Dec at 10pm.
Every blood test and scans results were satisfactory according to Prof.
12 eggs with biggest at 18.5mm 2 days before oocyte retrieval. Lining at 9mm. No major issues between DH and myself.
Oocyte Retrieval on 26th Dec 10am. Harvested 7 out of 12 eggs.
Received call on 28th Dec at 9plus am... informing 3 out of 7 eggs matured but NONE fertilised.
Anyone been through the same? Embrologist only briefly mentioned problem lies with either the egg or the sperm... seeing Prof soon for detailed information.
I went through like 20 over jabs... plus 4-5 blood tests... total bill almost 10k... yet... NO FERTILISATION.
This cycle ended just like to.
I don't know what's going to happen next...
Failed 2 iuis then this 1st ivf...

Maybe U should ask prof why only retrieved 7 out of 12 eggs. Is it because follicles has no egg or any other reason. When U triggered how many eggs are above 18mm. Some girls need 18mm for mature eggs. I do feel that 3 mature is very little and could it be a trigger issue? From my own research over the yrs using hcg to trigger is better.
I know is hard after doing so many things and can't even go through the 2ww. First cycle is usually trial n error and dr do make adjustment from there as he know how your body react to stim med and what should or should not be done for the next cycle. One failure cannot determine it is doom. Just hope next cycle will be better.

Back