IVF/ICSI Support Group

Dear Sistas,

It is of sadness as I'm writing this. Have seen dr tan - unfortunately it will not be a viable pregnancy, there is no way at beta 100 to rise to 1000 ( which it should be by now). This should be concluded as a biochemical pregnancy. I will do another blood test next week to bring it to a close. He say 99% it will not be viable.

I felt better after talking to him. Just have to think it positively that yes the embbies did implant in me however they did not develop. Should they continue to grow, it will be more heartbreaking to learn that they could not carry on after the few weeks.

With this I felt even more grateful that I have my girl and continue and always cherish having her with us as I always do.

Thanks so much to all the Sistas here who constantly gave me encouragement, positivity and energy especially @towkayneo ( my Ah Neo) @DawnBB @mesara @gan1972 @littlemonkies @spinsterella. I will move on with life and stay happy of course.

I will not be trying anymore. Still, I want to wish all of you here success and I'm sure everyone here will graduate to be a mummy eventually!
Sonique, so sad to hear this! but trust that God has greater plans! Take care!

Hi ladies, just seen Dr Tan at KKH for the first time. He said I may be menopausal. Need to wait 4 wks for blood test results. Any ladies know if a woman in meopause can still conceive by frozen egg IVF? Is it possible to get donor egg here?
Why i ask why he think so?Any indications to share?

hello, me too! =)
starting in Nov.. doing endo scratch today.
pray hard all will be well for all of us!

Hi dear, read that u r doing endo scratch and starting cycle this mth? I'm scheduled for endo scratch on 20 Nov, does that mean I will be starting my frozen cycle during Nov menses or Dec cycle? Kinda confused. I wanna do my frozen in Dec, does it mean I shd do my endo scratch in Dec too?
Btw, u rec'd my pm? Let me know if you are coming by tonight?

Ahh.. u already on it.. what is cd 10? Alittle slow on short forms..

Me on medicated FET cos of irregular periods.. my period r usually 3 days only is it ok?
No worries :) CD10 means cycle day 10 where day 1 is first day of AF (Aunt Flow meaning menses).
The length/ duration of AF itself actually is not the factor for deciding if med or natural. It is more of regularity of total cycle days & ovulation. AF 3 days is ok as women can hv AF of 2-7days across different ppl and months.
If u hv irregular cycles like some months for e.g. 24 days, others 28, 30 or 38 days, it may indicate that you do not ovulate regularly or hv no ovulation on certain months so medicated FET is more suitable for you.
Don't worry too much. Trust your doc & follow his advice. Stay positive ya!

Hi dear, read that u r doing endo scratch and starting cycle this mth? I'm scheduled for endo scratch on 20 Nov, does that mean I will be starting my frozen cycle during Nov menses or Dec cycle? Kinda confused. I wanna do my frozen in Dec, does it mean I shd do my endo scratch in Dec too?
@dramaqueenie the nurse told me endo scratch can last to 3 months coz very hard to calculate the timing. Eg For me, I will do my endo scratch after dec menses and start my ivf in Jan but bcoz jan cut off date 16th - 2nd Jan 2016. So if my menses come after 16th, my ivf will fall in feb. in this case I do not need to redo my endo scratch. Hope this helps

Depends on your menses. If you are scheduled for 20 Nov, most likely your menses will come approx 1 week plus later. When your menses come, you can start your FET. Could be end Nov to early Dec

Hi ladies went for review/consultation just now after failed FET last mth. Dr also quite puzzled y I failed again as there is no issue with me. Then Dr shared w me n DH on chromosome, it may be the reason for the failures.

Dr suggest DH to take blood test to check for chromosome. Results will be out in 2weeks. Dr did asked if I wanna start the next FET this mth but I decided to do it next mth Dec as I feel not prepared n too rush and also wanna wait for DH test report out lst.

Quite worried if chromosome is really the cause of it and does it mean my chances are low?

Hi ladies went for review/consultation just now after failed FET last mth. Dr also quite puzzled y I failed again as there is no issue with me. Then Dr shared w me n DH on chromosome, it may be the reason for the failures.

Dr suggest DH to take blood test to check for chromosome. Results will be out in 2weeks. Dr did asked if I wanna start the next FET this mth but I decided to do it next mth Dec as I feel not prepared n too rush and also wanna wait for DH test report out lst.

Quite worried if chromosome is really the cause of it and does it mean my chances are low?
Ya, if chromosome is the cause, then chances of success would be low. Risk of m/c quite high even if implantation is successful.

But you have frozen embryos in the cold storage, why not just try them out and see? Never try never know. Even if the DH report is out, you are going to leave the frozen embryos in the cold storage?

Hi babycomecome, which day at you at now? I'm at 7dp4dt, not much symptoms too. Only felt fuller boobs but no soreness... Occasional shortness of breath/tightness of chest... Are you going to do HPT? Good luck to us both! >.<
Stay positive & Jia you with your growing embies. Hope to catch your bb dusts soon. All the best!

Ya, if chromosome is the cause, then chances of success would be low. Risk of m/c quite high even if implantation is successful.

But you have frozen embryos in the cold storage, why not just try them out and see? Never try never know. Even if the DH report is out, you are going to leave the frozen embryos in the cold storage?
Ya still have 3 frozen gold embies :)

Anyone here have chromosome issue but succeeded?

What about if we can find own donor?

I think you might want to check with your doc concerning your own donor. They may ask your donor for tests to confirm health is perfect etc..
Even doc wont ask you opt donor eggs unless it is the last resort!
Might have to hear from other sisters if they know some information.

Dear sis, worrying now won't help anything and causes stress which is no good for you. Agree with Towkayneo that the results will not change the frozen embryos so you can consider going ahead with the FET. At least you don't waste one cycle's time. Moreover doc already confirmed no issue with you as long as you are mentally & emotionally ready. Time is so precious to us ladies on this journey. Whatever your decision, must have faith & stay positive ok. All the best!

hello! ya.. it seems u are doing cycle in dec? cause endo stratch is done on 3rd week of mense. then next new mense then start ivf. today happen to be 3rd week of my oct mense.. so im starting this nov.

i'll whatsapp u shortly! =)

Hihi
Chances of preggie with abnormal chromosome is low. even if embryos succeeded in implantation, and livebirth, the little human will have issues which is also heartbreaking.
But don't worry the unnecessary. Maybe your DH has no chromosomal issue. just prepared for your next FET.

Hi ladies, any female gynae to recommend for ivf in kkh or other hospitals? My hb does not wan male gynae.. thanks

Last edited:
I need some advise from you, ladies. For my 1st fresh IVF cycle which is on short cycle, I managed to retrieve 13 eggs and cultivate 8 embryos (6 Grade 4 and 2 Grade 3). So now, Dr Tan asked me if I want to try long cycle for my 2nd fresh. With this result on my short cycle for 1st fresh, should I continue to short cycle or try long cycle?

I had conceived naturally this year during Ap. But had a missed pregnancy due to chromosome issue at around 9/10 weeks. I dint know the sac stopped growing till i went for my 12th week scan. My gynae said by record the oldest fetal to survive was 15th weeks.

Hi ladies,

Im new to this forum, decided to go for ivf this cycle after 2 failed IUIs post ectopic surgery in july. However dr wants me to go rest a month with bc pills to let my cysts dissolve. I was looking forward to 2 exciting weeks of jabs! Kinda disappointed. But i guess its for the best. Any december cycle buddies? Would love to join a support group rather than go thru this alone...

Hi ladies,

Im new to this forum, decided to go for ivf this cycle after 2 failed IUIs post ectopic surgery in july. However dr wants me to go rest a month with bc pills to let my cysts dissolve. I was looking forward to 2 exciting weeks of jabs! Kinda disappointed. But i guess its for the best. Any december cycle buddies? Would love to join a support group rather than go thru this alone...

Hi clairechua,
I am also new to this forum. I had a failed iui during jul after a missed pregnancy which was natural.
I m considering ivf since it seems difficult for me to conceive naturally again. Which doc r u seeing?

Hi ladies,

me! me! Doing my first IVF in Dec! I also went through 2 failed IUI :(

Hi clairechua,
I am also new to this forum. I had a failed iui during jul after a missed pregnancy which was natural.
I m considering ivf since it seems difficult for me to conceive naturally again. Which doc r u seeing?
I had the last 2 IUIs with Dr SF Loh. I had a feeling that I ovulated on my left side where I lost my tube in July... So he said, just do IVF...

Finally spotting. Expected full flow tom so kkh said mon to go over for 1st scan then start jabbing. I'm on short protocol. Usually how many days of jabbin for short protocol prior to 2nd scan? When to start taking opk?

Finger crossed for you. Shall wait for your update.
hi twinkletot, just got it done.
cause i didnt give birth before, dr tan hh couldnt do an internal, told me he jus did an external one. erm dunno how would it help..
so i guess i didnt really did an endo scratch lol.
felt like pap smear but went in deeper, not as bad as imagined. but since i didnt do a full endo scratch... i probably not in gd position to say how pain it is..

cause i didnt give birth before, dr tan hh couldnt do an internal, told me he jus did an external one. erm dunno how would it help..
felt like pap smear but went in deeper, not as bad as imagined. but since i didnt do a full endo scratch... i probably not in gd position to say how pain it is..
@kissryl Gd for you that it is over. I oso never give birth before so does it mean I oso do external one? lol... :p

Other than being preggie or not before, whats the difference with the internal and external scratch? Both also helps implantation?

Hihi
Chances of preggie with abnormal chromosome is low. even if embryos succeeded in implantation, and livebirth, the little human will have issues which is also heartbreaking.
But don't worry the unnecessary. Maybe your DH has no chromosomal issue. just prepared for your next FET.
Chromosome is gene issue? Can it be improve or 'cure'? Not very sure on this.

@kissryl Gd for you that it is over. I oso never give birth before so does it mean I oso do external one? lol... :p
Hmm din know about internal or external. I never give birth before and did endo scratch with Dr Tan too & he never mention abt internal or external. My threshold for pain is high but for at least 1 min I felt like someone has given me 10 punches to my tummy & feeling winded. & the action not very nice also.. Dr Tan looks like plumber trying to clear the clog in there! Lol in-out motion.. :D

Finally spotting. Expected full flow tom so kkh said mon to go over for 1st scan then start jabbing. I'm on short protocol. Usually how many days of jabbin for short protocol prior to 2nd scan? When to start taking opk?
Depending on your response, short protocol stim jabs usually 10-12days before last jab, i.e. the trigger jab to mature the eggs for egg retrieval 36 hrs after last jab. Usually doc expects at least 2 if not most of the follicles to grow to at least 18mm before last jab. Jia you!

Curious, do you guys get to choose if u wish to do ivf or icsi? Understand it is a different procedure. Also, does the price differs?

@towkayneo n @patn I knew of 1 case where a lady had 20 embryos retrieved and she did a chromosome test overseas on the embryos as it is Not allowed in sg and out of the 20 only 1 tested normal to transfer. Not very encouraging though

Hmm din know about internal or external. I never give birth before and did endo scratch with Dr Tan too & he never mention abt internal or external. My threshold for pain is high but for at least 1 min I felt like someone has given me 10 punches to my tummy & feeling winded. & the action not very nice also.. Dr Tan looks like plumber trying to clear the clog in there! Lol in-out motion.. :D
hello @hopeful13 i also dont know. dr tan say one. haha
i didnt feel the 10 punches but felt something went all the way up. dr tan did mentioned he didnt go even further..
oh well, let's see how it goes!!

@twinkletot, i think probably.. lol! he says too tight for ladies who didnt give birth before and might be uncomfy.
he was very concerned if i am uncomfortable, it felt a little but ok. guess he really did a quick n short scratch only.. ;)
Must have at least 4 lines~~~actually bo bian, uncomfy but end of the day must be effective.

Think those going can pop a panadol before you head for the scratch.

Curious, do you guys get to choose if u wish to do ivf or icsi? Understand it is a different procedure. Also, does the price differs?

Intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) differs from conventional in vitro fertilisation (IVF) in that the embryologist selects a single sperm to be injected directly into an egg, instead of fertilisation taking place in a dish where many sperm are placed near an egg.

ICSI seems to be more effective.I guess there's a price difference.

Back