IVF/ICSI Support Group

Dear Sistas,

It is of sadness as I'm writing this. Have seen dr tan - unfortunately it will not be a viable pregnancy, there is no way at beta 100 to rise to 1000 ( which it should be by now). This should be concluded as a biochemical pregnancy. I will do another blood test next week to bring it to a close. He say 99% it will not be viable.

I felt better after talking to him. Just have to think it positively that yes the embbies did implant in me however they did not develop. Should they continue to grow, it will be more heartbreaking to learn that they could not carry on after the few weeks.

With this I felt even more grateful that I have my girl and continue and always cherish having her with us as I always do.

Thanks so much to all the Sistas here who constantly gave me encouragement, positivity and energy especially @towkayneo ( my Ah Neo) @DawnBB @mesara @gan1972 @littlemonkies @spinsterella. I will move on with life and stay happy of course.

I will not be trying anymore. Still, I want to wish all of you here success and I'm sure everyone here will graduate to be a mummy eventually!
hi sonique2001, sorry to hear abt this. my prayers are with you. maybe God has a plan that you need will conceive naturally instead. as what Dr Tan says, everything is possible and that one can conceive without needing ivf. Please stay positive and dont give up.
take care...

Any ladies done endo scratch can tell me how was yr experience. Im scheduled for one next week and wondering if its gona be painful that requires me to take MC.

You done pap smear test before? It's almost like that. Few second only and it's done. For myself, I did not experience any pain after that. But since you going to see doc, just take mc and rest.

Ladies who have done endo scratch before, i'd like to request for some advice. My doc has ruled out embryo issue for my last failed FET and we are quite certain it's endometrial issue because the embryo did not even implant. However he doesn't believe in endo scratch when I suggested to him. He said if anything, sometimes it'd cause more damage. Would like to hear your experience if you have done it and bfp, do you believe it's due to endo scratch? Anyone there with implantation issue who did not bfp despite doing endo scratch. Any advice or sharing of experience is appreciated.
Any ladies done endo scratch can tell me how was yr experience. Im scheduled for one next week and wondering if its gona be painful that requires me to take MC.
Gals can i check if the endo srcatch is painful? i've very very low threshold for pain. Can i opt not to do it? saw some videos on it and it sure does look scary and painful
Hi ladies! Dr THH suggested endometrial scratching for my next fresh cycle. Is the cramp during the procedure painful? I am so panicked coz got low pain tolerance. Anyone BFP after the scratching?
i've done this endo scratch thingy prior to my bfp cycle..think i did on that very cycle of icsi on cd14, then a few days later on cd18 started suppression stage with nor e. I think it's a mix of things like this scratch, cabergoline and short protocol instead of long...plus lotsa other factors.. This scratch is believed to renew/regenerate the lining so implantation can take plc in view of previous failed attempts i had very good embryos but still fail, this cycle i had the thickest lining ever measured-- 16mm when i did et. As compared to my another bfp cycle 2nd fresh at 11.5mm. This scratch is optional. You also can request to be sedated..i did so sedated as i scared of pain. Paid ard $900 at nuh with Dr fong doing it. After it not much pain just af like crampings and a tad blood flow.

i've done this endo scratch thingy prior to my bfp cycle..think i did on that very cycle of icsi on cd14, then a few days later on cd18 started suppression stage with nor e. I think it's a mix of things like this scratch, cabergoline and short protocol instead of long...plus lotsa other factors.. This scratch is believed to renew/regenerate the lining so implantation can take plc in view of previous failed attempts i had very good embryos but still fail, this cycle i had the thickest lining ever measured-- 16mm when i did et. As compared to my another bfp cycle 2nd fresh at 11.5mm. This scratch is optional. You also can request to be sedated..i did so sedated as i scared of pain. Paid ard $900 at nuh with Dr fong doing it. After it not much pain just af like crampings and a tad blood flow.
Wow $900 is it because of sedation? Can use medisave?
Before I started ivf journey, I did a scope, can't rem the name. Also by dr Fong to see if my fibroids are protruding into the uterus cavity, but nv do scratch. It was abt $300 plus.. Could use medisave.
I'm also thinking of doing endo scratch for my next FET. Will ask prof abt it when I see him.

Wow $900 is it because of sedation? Can use medisave?
Before I started ivf journey, I did a scope, can't rem the name. Also by dr Fong to see if my fibroids are protruding into the uterus cavity, but nv do scratch. It was abt $300 plus.. Could use medisave.
I'm also thinking of doing endo scratch for my next FET. Will ask prof abt it when I see him.
it was cos i did kiv hysterscopy with endo scratch..(in the end just endo scratch cos hysteroscopy cannot find anythng unusual like cysts etc ..and they hv to book the ot room and sedation, that is the bulk of the cost.. yes i paid all thru medisave no cash..

Ya I remember u :) are you also doing endo scratch or intralipid?

The other day the sisters talking about intralipid and I'm interested to do on next round hahaha...
But now i look at my AF calendar... i think by time i start stimm will be 1st feb and if wanna start in jan meaning my stimm gotta start end dec which will kena New Year... aiyo...

The other day the sisters talking about intralipid and I'm interested to do on next round hahaha...
But now i look at my AF calendar... i think by time i start stimm will be 1st feb and if wanna start in jan meaning my stimm gotta start end dec which will kena New Year... aiyo...
Yalo, suddenly I hate holidays, ruining our important date. I think if AF comes before 20/1 then we shd be on schedule... I am also interested, but not sure if it is available at kkh

I checked with the staff at TFC confirmed that they will be closed from 23rd to 26th Dec inclusive. Don't worry too much. Now focus on building your egg health. Jia you sister!

I BFP in Sep and now in week 10 pregnancy, I also did polyp removal in Jan 2015 as claimed by the doctor there is a need to remove prior to IUI. But I failed two times IUI and main issue is actually my hubby weak sperm. Move to IVF beginning of Sep and BFP end of Sep this year. Jia you.

Grabbing your baby dusts. I think I m too relaxed for this cycle. Other than the crampy feeling a few days back, not much symptoms leh. Hopefully I m still in the game.

Hi Everyone, I've been a silent reader and had been TTC-ing for the past 8 years. This year I found out through blood tests that the reason for infertility is due to genetics. I only have a 25% chance of conceiving of which majority may be abnormal. This is my last fresh cycle and I'm doing PGD. This will ensure that only the healthy embryo is selected. Need lots of baby dust too.

Greeting to all, may I check if anyone under nuh? I am deciding btw Prof and Dr Chew. Anyone have any recommendations?

Hi jewel, i m under prof wong in nuh..camt compare with dr chew as never seen him before..

As for prof- he is very straightforward always positive, and answers all yr questions patiently.. n i m comfortable with him!!

Research more and wait for more sisters to tell their experiences..

I checked with the staff at TFC confirmed that they will be closed from 23rd to 26th Dec inclusive. Don't worry too much. Now focus on building your egg health. Jia you sister!

Many thanks for sharing dawnbb! Will make sure I'll not call them during that period. :)
If my AF is accurate based on the apps calculator, then hope tfc not close on 30dec then i can start my cycle.
Yep... now shd focus on building up egg health! Yeah!!

Yalo, suddenly I hate holidays, ruining our important date. I think if AF comes before 20/1 then we shd be on schedule... I am also interested, but not sure if it is available at kkh

Yalor... suddenly i hate holidays too!! Unfortunately my AF started 30th and if its accurate then I'll have to start end dec or end jan... and by time for ER/ET is CNY period... :(

Drie, try not to worry too much. Maybe u can make appointment for Sat or Mon first. If not needed them cancel. Then try not to worry too much k. All the best!
Hi babe. Thanks. There was mild brown color when i wiped with tissue after visiting the loo. Subsequently all back to normal. If I test HPT tomorrow a positive will be real positive and if negative will imply delayed mensus right? Hcg levels should be able to be detected by HPT if it is a positive by tomorrow?

Grabbing your baby dusts. I think I m too relaxed for this cycle. Other than the crampy feeling a few days back, not much symptoms leh. Hopefully I m still in the game.
Dearie, repeat "Babycomecome" as mantra to summon the positive energy and encourage your beanie to stick! :)
Feeling relaxed is def not a bad thing and you must stay positive.
All the best to you! hoping to catch your bb dusts! Jia you!

Hi Everyone, I've been a silent reader and had been TTC-ing for the past 8 years. This year I found out through blood tests that the reason for infertility is due to genetics. I only have a 25% chance of conceiving of which majority may be abnormal. This is my last fresh cycle and I'm doing PGD. This will ensure that only the healthy embryo is selected. Need lots of baby dust too.
Sister, the past cannot be changed and even if you have to look back, you have to think on the brighter side of things. We may take longer and need more help than majority of women who can conceive naturally. So be it. That is no longer in our control. Never be hard on yourself. Now that you have embarked on an option that you believe is your best course of action, you must have faith in yourself.

Regardless of the cause, sisters here are all bonded by the same motivation & goal, i.e. the courage to endure the arduous ARTs all for the hope of eventually conceiving a first or second child. We also know that there is no guarantee and everyone has their own criteria for deciding for themselves what is the final option to complete their own families. We just try our best and have no regrets.

Don't feel alone in the fight! If you share, someone will 'listen' (read). If you have questions, someone will share to their best knowledge. We are here to support each other. What best than to get positive energy & support mentally & emotionally from sisters who truly get you on this journey. All the best! Persevere and jia you k.

Last edited:
Dawnbb, wen r u going for yr FET? How r u feeling now??
I'm doing natural FET this time. Just did my first scan at CD10 yesterday & also started daily OPK tests yesterday. Once positive, will call clinic then standby for embryo updates & transfer date confirmation. So now not sure when transfer but est end next week or early part of the week after next.

Lining & follicle size ok'd by doc and no need 2nd scan. On one hand relieved, on the other hand anxious. Hv been psyching myself to be zen as bfns many times. Then just keeping busy with daily routine & building positive energy by finding & giving support from/to sisters via the forum. Will do my best & hope for the best. U doing med or natural FET?

Last edited:
Hi babe. Thanks. There was mild brown color when i wiped with tissue after visiting the loo. Subsequently all back to normal. If I test HPT tomorrow a positive will be real positive and if negative will imply delayed mensus right? Hcg levels should be able to be detected by HPT if it is a positive by tomorrow?
Dearie, your last msg so early in the morn! Hope you got enough good sleep.
If +ve, should see gynae for BT & support. If -ve, you would want your AF to be normal. So keep monitoring ba.
Must stay positive k. All the best!

Dear Ladies, how many days Medical Leave be given at KKH for those FET? Want to plan my leaves. Otherwise, just continue to work after the transfer. Thanks.

Hi babycomecome, which day at you at now? I'm at 7dp4dt, not much symptoms too. Only felt fuller boobs but no soreness... Occasional shortness of breath/tightness of chest... Are you going to do HPT? Good luck to us both! >.<

Hi mummies-to-be,

I am back again for my second fresh. my 1st fresh started late last year.
Somehow today when I began my jabs ( 2 for today , m on short protocol this time round) seems to be more painful than I recall. My first, was long protocol and I breeze through the jabs somehow....Today first day already lots of needle scars from trying a few areas :(

3 more days and it will be 3 jabs a day....arrrghhhh

Hi mummies-to-be,

Somehow today when I began my jabs ( 2 for today , m on short protocol this time round) seems to be more painful than I recall. My first, was long protocol and I breeze through the jabs somehow....Today first day already lots of needle scars from trying a few areas :(

Take a deep breath n jab it. Short protocol faster n u will reunite with your beanies earlier

Joellejo n towkayneo, me too!!! Going for FET.. cant wait for my AF!

Lets jia you!!

We all Jia you together !!! now 4 of us liao in Nov Fet. me, towkayneo, Dawnbb and babyluck. anyone else?

Can anyone tell me the no to call at KKIVF...my mense report liao...paisei i cant find the no to call...most probably last week of nov then put in...as my cycle 36 days....longer then normal....

TIA !!!

I'm doing natural FET this time. Just did my first scan at CD10 yesterday & also started daily OPK tests yesterday. Once positive, will call clinic then standby for embryo updates & transfer date confirmation. So now not sure when transfer but est end next week or early part of the week after next.

Lining & follicle size ok'd by doc and no need 2nd scan. On one hand relieved, on the other hand anxious. Hv been psyching myself to be zen as bfns many times. Then just keeping busy with daily routine & building positive energy by finding & giving support from/to sisters via the forum. Will do my best & hope for the best. U doing med or natural FET?

Ahh.. u already on it.. what is cd 10? Alittle slow on short forms..

Me on medicated FET cos of irregular periods.. my period r usually 3 days only is it ok?

Hi
Im considering doing an IVF .. but is worried on the numerous test which might affect my job ... just to check, whats the frequency of requiring time off for the test and procedure for the entire IVF process?

Hi mummies-to-be,

Jiayou!!! You can do it! Hold on to the reason why you wanna do this and think about holding your Rainbow BB in your arms one day. All the best!

Exactly.. this is what i ask dr loh this morning and he said ministry dont allow. Argh...
So he asked me to take many types of supplements these 2months to improve my egg qualities although my embryos are grade 1.
Hi ,may I know what are the supplements he asked u to take?

We all Jia you together !!! now 4 of us liao in Nov Fet. me, towkayneo, Dawnbb and babyluck. anyone else?

Can anyone tell me the no to call at KKIVF...my mense report liao...paisei i cant find the no to call...most probably last week of nov then put in...as my cycle 36 days....longer then normal....

TIA !!!
hello, me too! =)
starting in Nov.. doing endo scratch today.
pray hard all will be well for all of us!

Dearie, repeat "Babycomecome" as mantra to summon the positive energy and encourage your beanie to stick! :)
Feeling relaxed is def not a bad thing and you must stay positive.
All the best to you! hoping to catch your bb dusts! Jia you!

Haha, calling my nick. But I like it. The last cycle I striked was probably partly because I changed my nick to babycomecome. Haha.

Hi babycomecome, which day at you at now? I'm at 7dp4dt, not much symptoms too. Only felt fuller boobs but no soreness... Occasional shortness of breath/tightness of chest... Are you going to do HPT? Good luck to us both! >.<

Chanel83, I m at 13dp2dt. Ya ya, I got a bit of fuller boobs with no soreness and occasional tightness of chest too. I feel like doing hpt but totally no guts. This cycle simply too lax. Lol. Yeah, good luck to both of us.

Ahh.. u already on it.. what is cd 10? Alittle slow on short forms..

Me on medicated FET cos of irregular periods.. my period r usually 3 days only is it ok?

Cd 10 means cycle day 10. From 1st day of menses to the current day.

My period only last for 2-3 days too. But I have no idea whether is it ok or not.

Hi ladies, just seen Dr Tan at KKH for the first time. He said I may be menopausal. Need to wait 4 wks for blood test results. Any ladies know if a woman in meopause can still conceive by frozen egg IVF? Is it possible to get donor egg here?

Hi ladies, just seen Dr Tan at KKH for the first time. He said I may be menopausal. Need to wait 4 wks for blood test results. Any ladies know if a woman in meopause can still conceive by frozen egg IVF? Is it possible to get donor egg here?

No donor eggs in SG. Ministry doesnt allow us to freeze our eggs. But u can check with your doc if he has agent in Malaysia who can provide u the donor eggs.

Hi may i ask which hospital are you with? How much more does it cost on top of ivf? Thanks!

Back