IVF/ICSI Support Group

Af has not turned up yet. Contradiction .. waiting for it to turn up to start ivf but hoping it will not turn up implying strike 4d

it is ok to take folic acid even before ivf. my doc has no issue with me taking it, except after ET we need to increase the folic acid. my doc asked me to take up to 5mg folic acid each day after ET - during 2ww period.

if you have already seen your doc to discuss about ivf, he most probably will recommend you to take certain supplements which for my case is coq10, arginine and maca during stimm.

I'm going for ivf counseling on dec so now no idea what to eat. I'm taking folic acid daily. I failed my so-iui so decided to go for ivf.

it is ok to take folic acid even before ivf. my doc has no issue with me taking it, except after ET we need to increase the folic acid. my doc asked me to take up to 5mg folic acid each day after ET - during 2ww period.

if you have already seen your doc to discuss about ivf, he most probably will recommend you to take certain supplements which for my case is coq10, arginine and maca during stimm.

I'm going for ivf counseling on dec so now no idea what to eat. I'm taking folic acid daily. I failed my so-iui so decided to go for ivf.

Hi melody2512, I got egg quality issues. I took royal jelly, coq10. Folic acid I wait until I start Ivf then dr prescript to me.

Hi piglet02, do u take royal jelly, coq10 in the morning with empty stomach? I heard royal jelly is good to consume on empty stomach. When u start folic acid, do you take folic acid, coq10 & royal jelly at the same timing?

Ladies, not sure if you heard about adult colouring books. Proponents suggest that adult colouring is a form of active meditation. The repetitive motions of colouring can help to strengthen focus and shift attention back to a relaxed state. This may be helpful in distracting sisters from negative thoughts during the 2WW and deal with the stressful waiting. Anyway, the adult colouring books are simply pleasurably pretty.

I passed by Popular Book Shop and can't miss the prominent displays of various adult colouring books, colour pencils and pens. Just got myself one book and a box of colour pencils, thinking I will do some colouring to distract myself in next 2ww. An option for you to consider :)

Folic acid can continue. For me taking those supplements are to increase egg health due to age. Depending what issue are you have, best is to check with your doc in December. Now u just make sure to include sensible balance diet, no coffee and alcohol, try to avoid tea if not cut down. Less sugary stuff.

Some sisters are saying they are taking Brand’s chicken Essence, some sisters are saying Eu Yan Sang chicken Essence which taste better than Brand’s.
Thank you . Was searching everywhere with the one goji ....though it's was for Brand’s.. Will drop by later to buy...

Ladies, not sure if you heard about adult colouring books. Proponents suggest that adult colouring is a form of active meditation. The repetitive motions of colouring can help to strengthen focus and shift attention back to a relaxed state. This may be helpful in distracting sisters from negative thoughts during the 2WW and deal with the stressful waiting. Anyway, the adult colouring books are simply pleasurably pretty.

I passed by Popular Book Shop and can't miss the prominent displays of various adult colouring books, colour pencils and pens. Just got myself one book and a box of colour pencils, thinking I will do some colouring to distract myself in next 2ww. An option for you to consider :)

Seems v popular these days! I was thinking of getting it some time ago too.

So dawnbb when is your next cycle starting?

Seems v popular these days! I was thinking of getting it some time ago too.

So dawnbb when is your next cycle starting?
After the episode of intermenstrual spotting/ bleeding since CD14 after last AF post failed fresh ICSI, AF started last Tues and was normal. Initially decided to rest this cycle then do FET in Dec. but worry FET in Dec and even Jan/feb may be affected by holidays as I will do natural FET this time. Now not decided yet so will proceed with CD10 consultation this Thurs with doc & consider his advice. Then again knowing Dr Loh, he is likely to advise us not to wait if the scan shows everything ok. Will see ba.

Sister u will be doing your 2nd fresh in Jan?

Hi ladies,
Just did er At Sgh this morning with 20 eggs. I was so bloated n now drinking a lot of 100 plus to prevent ohss. Not sure if I'm up for ET in the next few days. Any advice anyone pls? Thanks thanks ..

Hi ladies,
Just did er At Sgh this morning with 20 eggs. I was so bloated n now drinking a lot of 100 plus to prevent ohss. Not sure if I'm up for ET in the next few days. Any advice anyone pls? Thanks thanks ..
Continue with your 100+ and lotsa water. Recommend is 2L of water intake. I had 25 eggs.. mild ohss as i have nausea, loss of appetite and v bloated. Had my ET on Day 3(Mon), bloatedness down a bit but appetite still v bad.. just few bites of meat and rice and i can't eat anymore. Oatbar is fine for me though.

How are u feeling now?

Last edited:
After the episode of intermenstrual spotting/ bleeding since CD14 after last AF post failed fresh ICSI, AF started last Tues and was normal. Initially decided to rest this cycle then do FET in Dec. but worry FET in Dec and even Jan/feb may be affected by holidays as I will do natural FET this time. Now not decided yet so will proceed with CD10 consultation this Thurs with doc & consider his advice. Then again knowing Dr Loh, he is likely to advise us not to wait if the scan shows everything ok. Will see ba.

Sister u will be doing your 2nd fresh in Jan?

Whats the difference btw natural and medicated fet? So fet will not start on D2 of AF?
Actually dr loh wanted me to use my frozen embryo next round but i wanted to collect more eggs as i intend to be productive for 2 or 3 kids before i cannot in few years time (ambitious hor) haha...
Finally he asked to go D2 of AF in jan.

Hi ladies,
Eat high protein foods like egg whites, fish & chicken. Egg whites is the quickest to get most protein per whole food. As I was high risk for OHSS, I took up to 6 egg whites after ET then cut down when feeling better. Can drink H2O or 100plus. Drink at least 2L water. Get plenty of rest.

Even after symptoms subside, Must continue to protein rich foods as part of balanced diet to prevent onset or recurrence of OHSS symptoms later in case you bfp & body produces HCG.

All the best! Jia you!

Me too bought it online before singapore bookstores has it. It is really fun. I end up buying lots of colour pencil. Nice and good to have one for this period. Recommend to the secret garden. Really nice.

Eat high protein foods like egg whites, fish & chicken. Egg whites is the quickest to get most protein per whole food. As I was high risk for OHSS, I took up to 6 egg whites after ET then cut down when feeling better. Can drink H2O or 100plus. Drink at least 2L water. Get plenty of rest.

Even after symptoms subside, Must continue to protein rich foods as part of balanced diet to prevent onset or recurrence of OHSS symptoms later in case you bfp & body produces HCG.

All the best! Jia you!
Hello Dawn, just dropping by to tell you I miss you! *big hugs*

Hi sister , u transferred at which day embryo ? Samiliar to my case I was supposed to transferred at day 5, however on the day 4 they called to go down to do 1 day early transferred , I have done mine last Friday , today is 4 days post ET. What is ur embryo grade ? Mine is gaade 2

Hihi I'm same case as you guys. Supposed to be day5 transfer but got call up to do transfer at day4. Done the transfer last Friday too by Dr Jerry Chan. Today is 4dp4dt... Or issit 5dp4dt? Hmm when do I start counting? May I know whose your doc? My BT on 13 Nov!

Anyone knows if it's a standard to thaw 5 frozen embbies for each cycle? For mine , only 2 survived the thaw & felt such a pity for the other 3 which didn't survive but they were so so precious!

One more question ---- Wanted to know why can't wait 1 more day (it would have been a blastocyst)... Issit my day 4 embbies not looking good so better doc thinks it better to up the survival chance in the womb rather than lab environment?? Thought the embryologist was just being nice when he said it's the same rate of success be it day 4/day 5 and tt day5 transfer doesn't mean 100% survival after transfer either... Hope any sisters here can enlighten me... Thanks!!!

Whats the difference btw natural and medicated fet? So fet will not start on D2 of AF?
Actually dr loh wanted me to use my frozen embryo next round but i wanted to collect more eggs as i intend to be productive for 2 or 3 kids before i cannot in few years time (ambitious hor) haha...
Finally he asked to go D2 of AF in jan.
If medicated FET, the timing doesn't rely on your own hormones & menstrual phases. You will start estrogen pills (i.e. BCP) from CD2 to build lining. No ovulation and once lining is ideal, you will start progesterone support meds then ET. Natural FET is just reverse, so we need to monitor lining and follicle growth and test OPK for ovulation to time the ET. Usually first scan for natural FET is CD10-12.

I think it is a good strategy to do fresh ICSI while you can. This is quite commonly recommended for advanced age patients to optimise the egg reserve before quality declines further due to aging. When I had 1 frosty after 2nd cycle, I didn't do FET and went straight to fresh cycle. I believe what we eat and do before the cycle influences the egg health and affects our chances even more than post transfer measures. So make good use of the 2 months to prep for your next cycle. You go gal! Jia you k!

Hi piglet02, do u take royal jelly, coq10 in the morning with empty stomach? I heard royal jelly is good to consume on empty stomach. When u start folic acid, do you take folic acid, coq10 & royal jelly at the same timing?
I took all 3 togather in the morning. Then coq10 at night again. My coq10 is the least minimum one.

Hihi I'm same case as you guys. Supposed to be day5 transfer but got call up to do transfer at day4. Done the transfer last Friday too by Dr Jerry Chan. Today is 4dp4dt... Or issit 5dp4dt? Hmm when do I start counting? May I know whose your doc? My BT on 13 Nov!

Anyone knows if it's a standard to thaw 5 frozen embbies for each cycle? For mine , only 2 survived the thaw & felt such a pity for the other 3 which didn't survive but they were so so precious!

One more question ---- Wanted to know why can't wait 1 more day (it would have been a blastocyst)... Issit my day 4 embbies not looking good so better doc thinks it better to up the survival chance in the womb rather than lab environment?? Thought the embryologist was just being nice when he said it's the same rate of success be it day 4/day 5 and tt day5 transfer doesn't mean 100% survival after transfer either... Hope any sisters here can enlighten me... Thanks!!!
Same BT date as mine. Actually I have 9 frozen embyries. They thaw 5 last month , but all were not qualified to transferred , this month used the balance 4 to thaw, transferred 2 , 2 to threw away as quality no good enough to frozen. So even though I have 9 embryies to freeze, came out can only used 2.hope this can stick affirmly and grow better. So quantity is not important , the most important is quality. For my case , because they were able to pick up the good quality embryies at day 4 , plus they trend to grow slowly, so doctor think better put it back to natural environment . Hope this can clear your queries. Did you go for acupuncture after ET? I did so

Same BT date as mine. Actually I have 9 frozen embyries. They thaw 5 last month , but all were not qualified to transferred , this month used the balance 4 to thaw, transferred 2 , 2 to threw away as quality no good enough to frozen. So even though I have 9 embryies to freeze, came out can only used 2.hope this can stick affirmly and grow better. So quantity is not important , the most important is quality. For my case , because they were able to pick up the good quality embryies at day 4 , plus they trend to grow slowly, so doctor think better put it back to natural environment . Hope this can clear your queries. Did you go for acupuncture after ET? I did so

I didn't go for acupuncture... Are you experiencing any symptoms so far? I'm having not much symptoms! No bloating, no sore boobs etc... Hope I'm still in the game... Bought HPT but still deciding if I wanna hold out till BT haha

Start counting on the next day from transfer. Day of transfer is day 0.

I didn't go for acupuncture... Are you experiencing any symptoms so far? I'm having not much symptoms! No bloating, no sore boobs etc... Hope I'm still in the game... Bought HPT but still deciding if I wanna hold out till BT haha
It is too early to test , maybe wait till 11 days post transfer then can test. I have not much symptoms too just feel my belly a little bit tight some times, other than this , cant feel anything . I hope I am still in the game too, I have done 2 acupuncture after ET, heard this would help for implantation , hope so.

Last round which I striked 2years back, I think it help to a certain extent. This round I went acupuncture too, but the symptoms not as much too. No bloating (probably becos I only retrieved 2 eggies), no sore boobs (last round not so sore too) but lots of farts. Oops. Dun worry, different people different symptoms.

Last round which I striked 2years back, I think it help to a certain extent. This round I went acupuncture too, but the symptoms not as much too. No bloating (probably becos I only retrieved 2 eggies), no sore boobs (last round not so sore too) but lots of farts. Oops. Dun worry, different people different symptoms.
Ya not everyone got symptoms

Oh yes I have lotsa farts too opps. Lol.

If medicated FET, the timing doesn't rely on your own hormones & menstrual phases. You will start estrogen pills (i.e. BCP) from CD2 to build lining. No ovulation and once lining is ideal, you will start progesterone support meds then ET. Natural FET is just reverse, so we need to monitor lining and follicle growth and test OPK for ovulation to time the ET. Usually first scan for natural FET is CD10-12.

I think it is a good strategy to do fresh ICSI while you can. This is quite commonly recommended for advanced age patients to optimise the egg reserve before quality declines further due to aging. When I had 1 frosty after 2nd cycle, I didn't do FET and went straight to fresh cycle. I believe what we eat and do before the cycle influences the egg health and affects our chances even more than post transfer measures. So make good use of the 2 months to prep for your next cycle. You go gal! Jia you k!

thanks my dear for explaining the difference! :)
I also think if Dr Loh say can start then don't wait until Dec. Nov is not far from Dec. Unless you don't feel comfortable or unwell then postpone.
Sis, go for it! yeah!

Hi sister ,

ET on last Fri, should implantation be completed by today?
Hi

Depends on which day are your embies. Got this info from Internet :

This is what happens in a 3 day transfer:

1 day post transfer - embryo is growing and developing
2 days post transfer - Embryo is now a blastocyst
3 days post transfer - Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4 days post transfer - Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5 days post transfer - Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6 days post transfer - Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7 days post transfer - Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
8 days post transfer - Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9 days post transfer - More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10 days post transfer - More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11 days post transfer - HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

This is what happens in a 5 day (blastocyst) transfer:

1 day post transfer - Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2 days post transfer - Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3 days post transfer - Implantation begins, as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4 days post transfer - Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5 days post transfer - Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
6 days post transfer - Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7 days post transfer - More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8 days post transfer - More HCG is produced as fetus develops
9 days post transfer - HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

Hi sister , the calculation should be calculated from ET day ? For FET cycle , there is no egg retrieved date and if base on the ovulation date it may not be accurate as ET is a few days after ovulation date .

Ern, FET then this webby is not so accurate leh. But this webby is using the logic that 2day transfer. Means u got to minus 2 days back to get ur ER day. Hope it helps.

It is too early to test , maybe wait till 11 days post transfer then can test. I have not much symptoms too just feel my belly a little bit tight some times, other than this , cant feel anything . I hope I am still in the game too, I have done 2 acupuncture after ET, heard this would help for implantation , hope so.
I just done my 3rd acupture with Dr Zou today. Let togather

I asked the same qn to Dr Jerry. He told me they could have waited till day 5 but then it wont make a difference.

I asked the embryologist abt the grade and he explained in detail to me the growth of all the 4 embryos. I remember 1 of them was growing very well in the beginning but later didnt make it in the end. So by day 4, growth is more or less there, so they decided to transfer earlier.

Sisters am out of the game this natural fet. Disappointed. Everything looked good embryos lining ovulation womb progesterone e2 but still bfn. Tomorrow bt. But today when I did inserts already got blood stains. Hpt also negative. I still have 2 frosties. Anyone knw hw long shud I wait before starting next. Hope to rest this cycle and Dec fet. Wonder if possible. If this was a bfp it wud have been my best bday present this week and the due date wud have been arnd hubby bday. Upset that things didn't work out.

Sisters am out of the game this natural fet. Disappointed. Everything looked good embryos lining ovulation womb progesterone e2 but still bfn. Tomorrow bt. But today when I did inserts already got blood stains. Hpt also negative. I still have 2 frosties. Anyone knw hw long shud I wait before starting next. Hope to rest this cycle and Dec fet. Wonder if possible. If this was a bfp it wud have been my best bday present this week and the due date wud have been arnd hubby bday. Upset that things didn't work out.
Sister continue to stay strong and persevere!
Usually recommended to rest this cycle to let body clear of the support meds and when next AF cycle, you can try again when you feel ready.
Try not to think too much. There is still BT tmr to confirm.
Keep occupied and get ample rest for your body and mind.
Whatever will be will be. Even if this may not be the time yet, have faith that your time will come eventually.
*HUGS*

Gal don't give up yet. Nothing is confirm until the BT. I had bleeding 5 days before BT...it doesn't mean is negative. Although my case is still an unknown...

you can start next month once your menses come by. Dec FET seems tough IF your doc is super busy, plus you must meet him BEFORE your next menses. Otherwise, it would be the following menses, presumably in Jan?

Back