IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi all, have done my ET today, after a long wait of 3 months. A year since my last FET. Officially in 2ww now. I think there are quite a number of ET today at kkivf, not sure if they are in here though.

Dunno issit because it has been a whole year, i forgot how it was like. My scheduled et is suppossed to be tmr. Today got called up to do et earlier. Not mentally prepared so cant seem to believe that the embies are in my womb already. I hope they stick firm. :)

Hi all, have done my ET today, after a long wait of 3 months. A year since my last FET. Officially in 2ww now. I think there are quite a number of ET today at kkivf, not sure if they are in here though.

Dunno issit because it has been a whole year, i forgot how it was like. My scheduled et is suppossed to be tmr. Today got called up to do et earlier. Not mentally prepared so cant seem to believe that the embies are in my womb already. I hope they stick firm. :)
Hi sister , u transferred at which day embryo ? Samiliar to my case I was supposed to transferred at day 5, however on the day 4 they called to go down to do 1 day early transferred , I have done mine last Friday , today is 4 days post ET. What is ur embryo grade ? Mine is gaade 2

Hi sister , u transferred at which day embryo ? Samiliar to my case I was supposed to transferred at day 5, however on the day 4 they called to go down to do 1 day early transferred , I have done mine last Friday , today is 4 days post ET. What is ur embryo grade ? Mine is gaade 2

Mine were frozen at day 2...transfer shld be day 4 bah.

I asked about the grade. The embryologist said they were grade 3 at freezing but after thaw became grade 2.

Hi Dreamcometrue, yes both Singaporean. But we uses cpf for 2 iui too due to my high dose of preugon. So now I believe I have about 9k. I do understand from the nurses that high chance we need to fork up cash too. How I wish we use medisave without cap that could help us a lot.

Nuh subsidies patient and private patient the scan and consultation the same price for ivf?
Any idea how much was ur iui? U used puregon for iui? Meaning it was so-iui? I paid cash when I did my so-iui at Tmc as I fear I may need it for higher cost ivf.. And my fear came true..
All those consultation I don't know got subsidy or not. Did u ask the nurses? Have u already underwent a cycle?
A fresh cycle would cost an average of 15k +/- Govt grant 6.3k for each cycle. It's not an easy journey, and financial issues make matter even worse..

Hi Dreamcometrue, yes both Singaporean. But we uses cpf for 2 iui too due to my high dose of preugon. So now I believe I have about 9k. I do understand from the nurses that high chance we need to fork up cash too. How I wish we use medisave without cap that could help us a lot.

Nuh subsidies patient and private patient the scan and consultation the same price for ivf?

Yes. Same price. I think you should do ivf as private patient. Prof Wong more popular there.

Thank you ladies. I felt really bad today as i was ask to abandon this cycle. I have lost my soul and really don't know how to continue my journey. Queby77 and Chubby1314 I started my journey around your time too in Dec 2014. I Rem reading all your post here last time. And that you guys have graduated and I am still here. Really appreciate these comforting words. Thank you

The disadvantage on nuh is I always get different doc and the opinion greatly differs. Every cycle end up crying. Got successful once yet lost it. Everyday looking forward to start a new journey, full of hope yet I fail badly. I lead a life full of obstacle but nv have I felt so bad before. I nv give up.. but unforunately strong forces want me to quit my career of 10 years and now that forces is targeting for me to give up hope on getting pregnant. i feel my strong heart and body is letting go. Really hard to carry on. After every fail cycle I cry myself to sleep for days..

And yes next is ivf. But I doubt I can afford 3 cycle. Life is so tough and cruel. Where else can I seek help ... is there going to be an end. Or is god hoping that I end this myself

Hey! Dont be so negative. Since you choose to embark on this journey, just do your best. Dont think and worry about failure now. Failure did not make appointment with you right? Look on the bright side. Things may not be smooth now but it will eventually.

This is my 4th cycle ivf and I am going to be 40 soon. You know, I have not even strike once in my 10 yrs ttc journey. And even ivf, i have not even go thru any ET. You know what, giving up need alot of courage too. So lets move forward and see what we can do in this life.

And if end of it we did not succeed at least we wont have any regrets cos we tried all means and ways.

Anyway, life is not just about having kids? The world is so big waiting for us to explore.

Life is too short to keep on harping on negative thots.

Hey! Dont be so negative. Since you choose to embark on this journey, just do your best. Dont think and worry about failure now. Failure did not make appointment with you right? Look on the bright side. Things may not be smooth now but it will eventually.

This is my 4th cycle ivf and I am going to be 40 soon. You know, I have not even strike once in my 10 yrs ttc journey. And even ivf, i have not even go thru any ET. You know what, giving up need alot of courage too. So lets move forward and see what we can do in this life.

And if end of it we did not succeed at least we wont have any regrets cos we tried all means and ways.

Anyway, life is not just about having kids? The world is so big waiting for us to explore.

You are such a brave lady, lots of perseverance. I have loads of respect for you, and a lot of other lady fighters here.

Anyone tried zou yumin tcm?

Can share w me yr experience?

I am with dr Zou. Her waiting time is no longer as Long as it was in the past. Last time even though u made appt, still got to wait 2-3hours. Now make appt, come slightly before the spot time u get to see her within the same hour.

She will prescribe Med for u if necessary and acupuncture. As ER n et comes closer, she will advise u to come for acupuncture daily till 3days after et. After et, she will prescribe those antai Med to help to improve the chances of implantation.

Any idea how much was ur iui? U used puregon for iui? Meaning it was so-iui? I paid cash when I did my so-iui at Tmc as I fear I may need it for higher cost ivf.. And my fear came true..
All those consultation I don't know got subsidy or not. Did u ask the nurses? Have u already underwent a cycle?
A fresh cycle would cost an average of 15k +/- Govt grant 6.3k for each cycle. It's not an easy journey, and financial issues make matter even worse..

Yes it is so-iui. My 1st cycle of so-iui was $3600 when the dose was not confirmed and do it slowly, another cycle I used slightly below $2k. I have yet to start ivf. Doc push for ivf today while earlier another doc say to try for only so iui cos my dose is hard to predict and he mentioned that I am quite likely for ohss. I am confuse too.

I have yet to check with the nurses. Cos I am suppose to go back g clinic and get referral for ivf. Sound weird. But anyway book appointment with g clinic.

Terrible.. 15k. I guess my fork out will be btw 3k to 5k then.

Dear Purple dragon, really hope I can be as courageous as you. I doubt I will ever be like you. However I will try to divert my thoughts at least for now.....

Hi, I'm new. Also first attempt at ivf after 2 years of contemplation.

Whmc, I also did my ET today... 2nd Nov with dr tan at kkivf. Are u also seeing doc tan? I did my ER on Saturday morning, 31st OctoberOctober

Yes it is so-iui. My 1st cycle of so-iui was $3600 when the dose was not confirmed and do it slowly, another cycle I used slightly below $2k. I have yet to start ivf. Doc push for ivf today while earlier another doc say to try for only so iui cos my dose is hard to predict and he mentioned that I am quite likely for ohss. I am confuse too.

I have yet to check with the nurses. Cos I am suppose to go back g clinic and get referral for ivf. Sound weird. But anyway book appointment with g clinic.

Hello Emma, I am a nuh subsidized patient. Got referred from clinic g to CHR, overall, even though it is different doctor (Between Dr chew, dr Lim and Dr Shakina) , but the care from the nurses are commendable! I was on gonal f and the bill is about 11k, did not fork out any cash.

Hi whmc sis, i have also my ET done at kkh yest (2 nov) after my previous ET 2 yrs ago. I am under under Dr Jerry Chan.
Had retrieved 25 eggs but only 1 grade 3 ia usable, nothing to freeze. A bit upset and disappointing.. but still something to hope for. Dont think so much and relax as much as possible.. dont think abt the BT yet (hopefuly time will fly in this manner)

Actually, after so many so-iui attempts, u should not try iui anymore and waste ur money as the success rate of iui is way lower.
Prof explanation to me was, if u wanna do so-iui and jab urself, might as well jab higher dose for ivf and have higher success rate. That's why he only gave me 2 options, iui with clomid or straight to ivf.

The last FET i did not ask abt the grade. So wasnt sure if they were also grade 2 after thaw.

Maybe ask too much also no good. Cos keep thinking. But i am thankful there are still 2 good enough ones to be transferred.
Ya as long as they allow to transfer , should be good one....

Hi IVF mummies,
I just had ET on last Sat, now is in under 2WW.
Can anyone advise to me what shoud I take note?
Thank you.
Hi, i am also in my 2ww now. I try to relax and think positive. Take brazil nuts and logan red dates drink & no gas h20, no cold n cooling food. Hubby insist i hv max bed rest and no go out before the BT. Basically i only eat, sleep, n tv these 2 ww. Any other advice from the sis here?

Hi, I'm new. Also first attempt at ivf after 2 years of contemplation.

Whmc, I also did my ET today... 2nd Nov with dr tan at kkivf. Are u also seeing doc tan? I did my ER on Saturday morning, 31st OctoberOctober

No i am seeing Dr Jerry. Funny that he spoke the most with me during this ET. And he thought i am Dr Matthew's patient...haha!

Hi whmc sis, i have also my ET done at kkh yest (2 nov) after my previous ET 2 yrs ago. I am under under Dr Jerry Chan.
Had retrieved 25 eggs but only 1 grade 3 ia usable, nothing to freeze. A bit upset and disappointing.. but still something to hope for. Dont think so much and relax as much as possible.. dont think abt the BT yet (hopefuly time will fly in this manner)

We are under same doc. What time were u there? We might have seen each other.

Yup i am trying not to think too much and leave everything in God's hands.

We are under same doc. What time were u there? We might have seen each other.

Yup i am trying not to think too much and leave everything in God's hands.
I was there before 8am as was told need to wait 1hr for the blood test result before ET can be performed. My BT is on 17 Nov. Same for u?

Actually, after so many so-iui attempts, u should not try iui anymore and waste ur money as the success rate of iui is way lower.
Prof explanation to me was, if u wanna do so-iui and jab urself, might as well jab higher dose for ivf and have higher success rate. That's why he only gave me 2 options, iui with clomid or straight to ivf.
Ya, IVF is like full main course. IUI is like appetizer...

Hello Emma, I am a nuh subsidized patient. Got referred from clinic g to CHR, overall, even though it is different doctor (Between Dr chew, dr Lim and Dr Shakina) , but the care from the nurses are commendable! I was on gonal f and the bill is about 11k, did not fork out any cash.

Hi Cowmoomoo thank you for your comment. May I know who does your ET and ER?

Any differences for bills other than blood tests for subsidized and non subsidized patient? Any different for the scans etc ?

Hi IVF mummies,
I just had ET on last Sat, now is in under 2WW.
Can anyone advise to me what shoud I take note?
Thank you.
I hv this list from what I gathered from this forum & from doc & TCM physician:
  • Eat healthy balanced diet.
  • Drink at least 2L of water to keep well hydrated.
  • Have ample good rest.
  • Do light exercise like walking to enhance blood flow.
  • Continue pre-natal supplements (min. folic acid) and post FET support meds.
  • First week post transfer ie. hatching and implantation window, take things easier. Talk to and encourage your embie to attach, implant & stick! (If have, can listen to hypno/meditation cd for post transfer)
  • Can take foods that support implantation as suggested by many sisters here - brazil nuts, walnuts, avocado, double-boil chicken essence (http://jewelpie.com/homemade-chicken-essence-to-relief-tiredness/)
  • Ensure adequate protein to support growth, regeneration and esp. in fresh cycle, to prevent OHSS - e.g. Egg whites, fish, chicken
  • Take fruits & leafy veg that are not too cold/cool - e.g. can take golden kiwi, broccoli, cai xin
  • If not heaty, can take warming foods/ drinks - e.g. longan red date tea, durian (signs of heatiness include heavy headed feeling, swelling tongue that is more red than usual, sweating too easily, very warm palms and soles to extent of discomfort, constant thirst; don't let heatiness escalate to constipation)
  • Avoid cold and raw foods - e.g. NO papaya, banana, watermelon (any melons), sashimi, salads, ice-cream
  • Avoid pineapple which may cause uterine contractions
  • Avoid dairy foods esp. if you hv phlegm-damp constitution (see http://www.maryzhang.com/food_function.htm)*
  • No unpasteurised milk which causes risk of listeria infection
  • Avoid eating mould-ripened soft cheese, e.g. brie and camembert, and blue-veined varieties, such as stilton or Danish blue, etc as these are usually made with unpasteurised milk.
  • Limit soy foods (GMO corn crops very prevalent in soy foods; also very high in phytoestrogen so higher risk of excess)*
  • Avoid seafoods high in mercury, e.g. mackeral, shark
  • Avoid spicy stuff esp. even more so for those with poor digestion
  • Avoid caffeine - no coffee, tea, chocolate (caffeine is not good for blood flow)
  • Avoid alcohol - may affect kidney function and hence metabolization of meds, affects fetal growth & health
  • NO soaking in hot baths, no sauna, no massage, no spa
  • Avoid smokey/hazardous areas
  • If red spotting or bleeding, no need to panic, just call clinic & follow advice
  • Keep feet warm -can wear house slipper/ socks
  • Laugh a lot!
  • If in doubt, take the path of least regret.
  • Breathe, be positive and hang in there!
    "If you Think about size of the blessing coming, you would Embrace the magnitude of the battle you are now fighting."
    If you really have to think about it, focus on at least the one reason it will work and forget all the reasons why it won't work.
* it is ok to have a bit milk or tofu sometimes. We don't usually eat these excessively so will be fine. The key is overall healthy balance diet, drink at least 2L daily & adequate rest so your body function optimally.

Don't obssess as no good for u & your embie. All the best! Jia you k!

Hi Cowmoomoo thank you for your comment. May I know who does your ET and ER?

Any differences for bills other than blood tests for subsidized and non subsidized patient? Any different for the scans etc ?
Dr lim did the ER and Dr shakina for ET. I'm not sure about the bill difference for subsided and non subsidized patient. I just thought not to spend extra money and just go with the subsidies.

Just wanna check if everyone here double boil and drink chicken essence regularly? Can we drink those bottled chicken essence from brands/yu ren sheng instead? For working women is quite hard to find 2-3 hours to prepare and boil :(

Just wanna check if everyone here double boil and drink chicken essence regularly? Can we drink those bottled chicken essence from brands/yu ren sheng instead? For working women is quite hard to find 2-3 hours to prepare and boil :(

I bought the brands bottled chicken essence cause really do not have time to do it on my own. Checked with my tcm physician, she said is the same efficiency. So i just continue with it.

• Have ample good rest.
  • First week post transfer ie. hatching and implantation window, take things easier. Talk to and encourage your embie to attach, implant & stick! (If have, can listen to hypno/meditation cd for post transfer)
  • Can take foods that support implantation as suggested by many sisters here - brazil nuts, walnuts, avocado, double-boil chicken essence (http://jewelpie.com/homemade-chicken-essence-to-relief-tiredness/)
  • Ensure adequate protein to support growth, regeneration and esp. in fresh cycle, to prevent OHSS - e.g. Egg whites, fish, chicken
  • Take fruits & leafy veg that are not too cold/cool - e.g. can take golden kiwi, broccoli, cai xin
  • If not heaty, can take warming foods/ drinks - e.g. longan red date tea, durian (signs of heatiness include heavy headed feeling, swelling tongue that is more red than usual, sweating too easily, very warm palms and soles to extent of discomfort, constant thirst; don't let heatiness escalate to constipation)
  • Avoid cold and raw foods - e.g. NO papaya, banana, watermelon (any melons), sashimi, salads, ice-cream
  • Avoid dairy foods esp. if you hv phlegm-damp constitution (see http://www.maryzhang.com/food_function.htm)*
  • Avoid eating mould-ripened soft cheese, e.g. brie and camembert, and blue-veined varieties, such as stilton or Danish blue, etc as these are usually made with unpasteurised milk.
  • Limit soy foods (GMO corn crops very prevalent in soy foods; also very high in phytoestrogen so higher risk of excess)*
  • Avoid caffeine - no coffee, tea, chocolate (caffeine is not good for blood flow)
  • Avoid alcohol - may affect kidney function and hence metabolization of meds, affects fetal growth & health
  • If red spotting or bleeding, no need to panic, just call clinic & follow advice
  • Laugh a lot!
    "If you Think about size of the blessing coming, you would Embrace the magnitude of the battle you are now fighting."
    If you really have to think about it, focus on at least the one reason it will work and forget all the reasons why it won't work.
* it is ok to have a bit milk or tofu sometimes. We don't usually eat these excessively so will be fine. The key is overall healthy balance diet, drink at least 2L daily & adequate rest so your body function optimally.

May i also check can we take all the berries? Strawberies, blueberries and cranberries?

You just need 1 to BFP. Jiayou!

• Have ample good rest.
  • Laugh a lot!

Thank to DawnBB & Rainflower.

I have slightly constipation, can i take fibrogel? Thank you.

I bought the brands bottled chicken essence cause really do not have time to do it on my own. Checked with my tcm physician, she said is the same efficiency. So i just continue with it.
Ya really lack the time and energy to prepare. I am taking the chicken essence with red dates and goji berries made from yu ren sheng, they categorise it under the pre natal supplement for 补血, you can check it check out :)

Hi Rainflower! When I had constipation for my first cycle, I asked TCM doc if can take some prune juice and she said ok. I never take fibrogel before. If u really need this, I would suggest to check with your nurse/ doc for advice to be safe. Make sure drink a lot of water, take more veg & fruits daily. All the best :)

Last edited:
May i also check can we take all the berries? Strawberies, blueberries and cranberries?
Hi Hearty15! I have never seen any restrictions on these fruits so I would include them along with variety of other fruits if you like them. I would make sure to wash them well since fruits like berries & grapes usually hv huge amt of pesticides. All the best! Jia you!

Sorry i dunno abt fibrogel as am taking tcm meds and it will ease the bowels.
If you really have concerns, maybe check with your gynae? Or as the sis here suggest, take prune juice.

I just started doubled boil chicken essence today. Last week I took those ready made chicken essence. Both are having same effects. Just those home made ones are fresher than the bottled ones and are without preservatives.

Hi ladies, i going for my first ivf on jan 2016. Just wondering is there any supplements other than folic acid that we can eat? Can I take royal jelly? I read online that royal jelly improve egg quality. I am currently taking folic acid every morning and drinking longan red date tea on alternate day.

Hi sis, just take the original chicken essence. At most with wolfberry nothing more.

Hi ladies, i going for my first ivf on jan 2016. Just wondering is there any supplements other than folic acid that we can eat? Can I take royal jelly? I read online that royal jelly improve egg quality. I am currently taking folic acid every morning and drinking longan red date tea on alternate day.
Hi melody2512, I got egg quality issues. I took royal jelly, coq10. Folic acid I wait until I start Ivf then dr prescript to me.

it is ok to take folic acid even before ivf. my doc has no issue with me taking it, except after ET we need to increase the folic acid. my doc asked me to take up to 5mg folic acid each day after ET - during 2ww period.

if you have already seen your doc to discuss about ivf, he most probably will recommend you to take certain supplements which for my case is coq10, arginine and maca during stimm.

Ya really lack the time and energy to prepare. I am taking the chicken essence with red dates and goji berries made from yu ren sheng, they categorise it under the pre natal supplement for 补血, you can check it check out :)
Yummy, their chicken essence is quite nice! It makes Brands taste artificial :p

Can also take multivitamins and COq10. Folic acid can start early.

Back