IVF/ICSI Support Group

Just finished... now busy bossing my husband around from my bed.... since we are enforcing 'at-least-5-day-in-bed' rule. :D

I only had one 'nice' blastocyst which was ready for implantation today. There are another 2 - 3 embies which made it to become blastocysts but they are still looking '50/50' according to embryologist. I am praying very hard that my little blastie digs into my lining soon, and that my other blasties grow well over the next 2 days to qualify for freezing.

Lying in bed is sooooooo hard right?
Jia you !

I didn't use HL. Took annual leave instead. Didnt want office pple to know abt it. Mine is the pill. So i put 3 pills in the morning say 645am and rest on bed for 30 mins. Then again 3 pills at 730pm (cos that is the earliest time i can reach home)
Oh I got it. I also don't want office plp know even though they all assume I did . But don't care . I just say nothing . Ha ha .... Only my direct boss know . That is it

Hi dearie. I'll be lying if I say I'm not anxious. 10dp2dt now. BT on 3 Oct. Went for acupuncture this morn and then just laze around at home trying to not think about it.

Don't worry... we'll keep reminding one another not to be worried ok. Less than a week to go!

So far the signs good?

Just finished... now busy bossing my husband around from my bed.... since we are enforcing 'at-least-5-day-in-bed' rule. :D

I only had one 'nice' blastocyst which was ready for implantation today. There are another 2 - 3 embies which made it to become blastocysts but they are still looking '50/50' according to embryologist. I am praying very hard that my little blastie digs into my lining soon, and that my other blasties grow well over the next 2 days to qualify for freezing.

Lying in bed is sooooooo hard right?

All the best!

Don't worry... we'll keep reminding one another not to be worried ok. Less than a week to go!

So far the signs good?

I have been through cycles where I felt hopeful with and without signs/symptoms, all BFN. In 1st fresh, felt body temp dropped 6 days before BT and cried my heart out then brown spotting started 2 days before BT which just gets heavier till bloody AF showed up. By next day I already can't bring myself to do the progesterone insert anymore.

In 2nd fresh, as I had additional PIO shots which increased PMS symptoms. Despite PIO shots, I spotted fresh red blood 2 days after the 2nd PIO jab and a day before BT. Just to be safe, they gave me a 3rd PIO shot on the BT day itself but then BT turned out BFN. Again heart-wrenchingly depressed. To worsen matters, overload of PIO wreaked havoc to my cycle and I suffered inter-menstrual bleeding so couldn't start any new ICSI cycle till in Sep.

This cycle round, I have additional PIO shots again. While I do experience some different symptoms this round, I really do not know if any is due to the progesterone raging in my body or anything I could count on for hope.

Yet yesterday afternoon, I started having some brown spotting and it just reminded me of my first cycle. I told DH it's over and literally cried my heart out till I slept. It was our 14th anni and I felt so sorry. I know it's silly to self-pity, but i felt so bitter why I have to endure such a cruel joke.

I think no matter how many BFN you have been through before, it just doesn't make you better able to handle another BFN. Def not for me. I have not mustered the courage to do hpt and there is nothing more I can do now, really just to wait out.

Jia you everyone! all the best

Yup..my DH is happy that i don't have to go through a surgery again. Thanks for having me in mind. Ha!
jkoh, you are really a strong lady to have gone through so much and yet staying positive.
You are an inspiration. Thanks for being around here.
Jia you and hope you get your heart's desire very soon.

I've been silent for awhile. Saw your post and really happy for you.

Maybe I'm pessimistic, but I think I will never have my own biological children in my lifetime... I know cos 2 doctors I've seen is talking abt egg donor as an option...

I did my prayers... Somehow they were never answered... I feel very frustrated and upset abt myself... I feel useless cos I can't start my own family... Never one of my 4 cycles worked...

It's never easy to step in here again. Everytime I see posts of follicle numbers I am so envy. Well, I have low AMH so it's really hard to get embryos. To add on, I have severe endo....My response to jabs is very very poor. Even if have embryo, none is fated to become my child so far ....

Kinda accepted the cruel fact. Gonna try for another 1 or 2 cycles before gg for donor option. I hope sisters here can help me to brave on my journey.

tsf0205, I feel u.. don't worry, we will all be here for u.. keep on trying and don't give up!

I have been through cycles where I felt hopeful with and without signs/symptoms, all BFN. In 1st fresh, felt body temp dropped 6 days before BT and cried my heart out then brown spotting started 2 days before BT which just gets heavier till bloody AF showed up. By next day I already can't bring myself to do the progesterone insert anymore.

In 2nd fresh, as I had additional PIO shots which increased PMS symptoms. Despite PIO shots, I spotted fresh red blood 2 days after the 2nd PIO jab and a day before BT. Just to be safe, they gave me a 3rd PIO shot on the BT day itself but then BT turned out BFN. Again heart-wrenchingly depressed. To worsen matters, overload of PIO wreaked havoc to my cycle and I suffered inter-menstrual bleeding so couldn't start any new ICSI cycle till in Sep.

This cycle round, I have additional PIO shots again. While I do experience some different symptoms this round, I really do not know if any is due to the progesterone raging in my body or anything I could count on for hope.

Yet yesterday afternoon, I started having some brown spotting and it just reminded me of my first cycle. I told DH it's over and literally cried my heart out till I slept. It was our 14th anni and I felt so sorry. I know it's silly to self-pity, but i felt so bitter why I have to endure such a cruel joke.

I think no matter how many BFN you have been through before, it just doesn't make you better able to handle another BFN. Def not for me. I have not mustered the courage to do hpt and there is nothing more I can do now, really just to wait out.

Dear Dawn88,

Everyone here hopes to get BFP however it will not be so all the time. We all have experienced sad moments and it's never easy to face BFN. Don't feel so negative now because you have yet to do hpt. Whatever happened in your past cycles doesn't mean it will be the same this time.

You did your best in preparation and that's what you should tell yourself. You did a good job so far. Sometimes we cry to release, however we have to move on after that.

There is still hope for you, don't lose heart, hang on my dear. It ain't over till it's over. We are all here to support one another.

Hospital just called to say that the rest of my blasties didn't qualify for freeze grade. We refused to allow them to dispose and told them to freeze the embryos.

I am devastated now, and worried that there is something wrong with us which is why the blasties didn't work out well... and that the single beanie in my womb is at risk too. :(

Just had my day10 scan and Dr say my lining is looking gd at 8.6mm. Will be doing a natural FET, Dr say start to test on Fri for ovulation. Need some advise as this is my lst FET, anything to look out for?

Dear,brown spotting maybe got chance as its not red. Could be implantation bleeding. Dun give up yet since verdict no out. U never know. Jiayou n stay hopeful.

Dear Dawn88,

Everyone here hopes to get BFP however it will not be so all the time. We all have experienced sad moments and it's never easy to face BFN. Don't feel so negative now because you have yet to do hpt. Whatever happened in your past cycles doesn't mean it will be the same this time.

You did your best in preparation and that's what you should tell yourself. You did a good job so far. Sometimes we cry to release, however we have to move on after that.

There is still hope for you, don't lose heart, hang on my dear. It ain't over till it's over. We are all here to support one another.

Thank you for your encouragement.
Grateful for this forum and ladies like you here.
What come may, we always have to move on.
Right now, I just try to relax, viewing funny videos on youtube for some laughs and bagging positivity from here to get by

Hospital just called to say that the rest of my blasties didn't qualify for freeze grade. We refused to allow them to dispose and told them to freeze the embryos.

I am devastated now, and worried that there is something wrong with us which is why the blasties didn't work out well... and that the single beanie in my womb is at risk too. :(

try not to think too much le. Must have faith in the blastie in you now and root for it.
Let's jia you!

Hugs and I wish the best for you!
Take care and happy 14th anniversary. Maybe try to focus on celebrating your anniversary for now. As a couple you have gone though a lot together with 3 IVF and having each other through these journeys is worth celebrating! I think IVF can actually make a couple's love for each other strengthen as it shows how much we are willing to give each other because of the love and hope to build a family together.

*hugs* Still got a few more days. Stay positive. Maybe THIS is the cycle you strike. When is your BT?

Hi tsf0205, have you tried elonva before? I have low amh and elonva works got me. Managed to retrieve 4follicles whereas with the other stimulating drugs, none was being retrieved.
Hi, I used elonva before I had low AMH.... It's sad... I see post of ppl having low AMH but yet able to stimulate folicles. But my follicle stimulation is very slow... 2 cycles of IVF and growth is slow... Doc says slow could mean poor quality... Sometimes I wonder if I have good eggs left...

I have a colleague whom was also trying for bb via Ivf 2 years ago. Now her son is born and she keeps showing her son photo and talking abt her son in front of me. She may not mean or but I think she is very insensitive. Makes me dislike her alot...

Yap. I have govt co-fund + medisave. So need to top up about 1k cash after all the deduction. But was thinking if I had ET, then I would have to fork out more cash liao. Think sgh really more expensive as compared to kkh & nuh...
Yes. SGH cost comparable to private like TFC

I am with Dr Stephen Chew at NUH.

My DH has azoospermia and he recently underwent a Testis Biopsy. The urologist managed to find sperms in his testis and they have been frozen. We have also done all our bloodtest and completed the counseling session.

Now all that's needed is for me to give the clinic a call when my period arrives in Nov. I only intend to start my IVF cycle in Dec.

Don't give yourself too much worry and stress! Have faith that eventually all will be well :)

Thanks for your encouragement.
Gotten the result from the doctor and all seems ok...
Just done the last blood test and gg back to see the doctor again on 16/10/2015

I just hope we are able to start the procedure soonest....

Just had my day10 scan and Dr say my lining is looking gd at 8.6mm. Will be doing a natural FET, Dr say start to test on Fri for ovulation. Need some advise as this is my lst FET, anything to look out for?

That's quite a good number for lining *thumbs up*

I think nothing much...eat more protein, take your folic religiously and prepare for 2WW!

I have a colleague whom was also trying for bb via Ivf 2 years ago. Now her son is born and she keeps showing her son photo and talking abt her son in front of me. She may not mean or but I think she is very insensitive. Makes me dislike her alot...
Some people are just like that - they get too overwhelmed in their own world..just ignore lor.

Pardon my ignorance. By blasties, I am assuming they are blastocysts?

Yup i agree. Only ladies here in the same journey understand

Dear ladies. Thank you for your encouragement. Unfortunately red bleeding started past noon so I called the clinic & they made me go down for a PIO jab immediately. They do not want to do BT yet cause they said it's still too early. By now bleeding has increased to like AF like previous cycles. Good thing that DH took urgent leave to accompany me. Not having much hope. We grieved hard and discussed next steps. Now it is really matter of letting wounds heal and move on.

Jia you everyone! Hope we all get our hearts' desired child soon.

Yes. SGH cost comparable to private like TFC
Oh. Didn't know about that. Cos I was given choice between kkh, nuh & sgh when I asked for referal letter from the polyclinic. Chose sgh as it's the most convenient from my workplace & home lor. Didn't do any research on the cost then...

Hi sisters, I'm sorry to ask but for those going thru failed pregnancies, how long did it take for u to feel back to normal.
My last beta taken last Thurs was 29, down from 73 on 21/9. These 2-3 days, been having tingling sensation in left boob, heartburn and some nauseous feeling. I didn't have them last week. Stopped all progesterone support since Thurs too

Last edited:
Last Thurs, after passing out the big chunk of fetal tissues, I continue to bleed/spot till Saturday then there's nothing till now. This was after 11 days of blood flow. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have anymore menses / bleeding. I read that some sisters have blood flow following a mc.

Dear ladies. Thank you for your encouragement. Unfortunately red bleeding started past noon so I called the clinic & they made me go down for a PIO jab immediately. They do not want to do BT yet cause they said it's still too early. By now bleeding has increased to like AF like previous cycles. Good thing that DH took urgent leave to accompany me. Not having much hope. We grieved hard and discussed next steps. Now it is really matter of letting wounds heal and move on.

Jia you everyone! Hope we all get our hearts' desired child soon.

No matter the outcome... don't give up. We are all here with you, and one another. *Hugs*

Last Thurs, after passing out the big chunk of fetal tissues, I continue to bleed/spot till Saturday then there's nothing till now. This was after 11 days of blood flow. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have anymore menses / bleeding. I read that some sisters have blood flow following a mc.

Hi dramaqueenie,

How about you calling back KKH to ask ur queries? I think it might be better for you rather than you freak out yourself?

Hugs, my heart goes out to u and pp like us, sometimes have to brush it off when some pp are self center n tink only abt themselves, don put into ur heart and brood over it, ok?

BT done this morning. Negative result for this fet. Sob but still need to move on to 2nd fresh. My review with Dr THH is in early nov. Any ladies know if it is normal for the review to be scheduled so late?
Hi twinkletot, I tink we b cycle buddies, I may hv to go for 2nd fresh, jus failed FET,
usually after a failed cycle, next doc review is ard 1month time depend on doc schedule too, my review is end oct. Are u ready to go for earliest next round iVF ??i failed my 1st fresh in July. I am still in the midst curing my mental n physical health. :(

Back