IVF/ICSI Support Group

I've been silent for awhile. Saw your post and really happy for you.

Maybe I'm pessimistic, but I think I will never have my own biological children in my lifetime... I know cos 2 doctors I've seen is talking abt egg donor as an option...

I did my prayers... Somehow they were never answered... I feel very frustrated and upset abt myself... I feel useless cos I can't start my own family... Never one of my 4 cycles worked...

It's never easy to step in here again. Everytime I see posts of follicle numbers I am so envy. Well, I have low AMH so it's really hard to get embryos. To add on, I have severe endo....My response to jabs is very very poor. Even if have embryo, none is fated to become my child so far ....

Kinda accepted the cruel fact. Gonna try for another 1 or 2 cycles before gg for donor option. I hope sisters here can help me to brave on my journey.

Hi tsf0205, don't give up. Which are the doctors/clinics you been to? I understand your frustration you had but as long as you have the will, there's even a chance. jiayou!

Maybe I'm pessimistic, but I think I will never have my own biological children in my lifetime... I know cos 2 doctors I've seen is talking abt egg donor as an option...

I did my prayers... Somehow they were never answered... I feel very frustrated and upset abt myself... I feel useless cos I can't start my own family... Never one of my 4 cycles worked...

It's never easy to step in here again. Everytime I see posts of follicle numbers I am so envy. Well, I have low AMH so it's really hard to get embryos. To add on, I have severe endo....My response to jabs is very very poor. Even if have embryo, none is fated to become my child so far ....

Kinda accepted the cruel fact. Gonna try for another 1 or 2 cycles before gg for donor option. I hope sisters here can help me to brave on my journey.

Sister don't focus on the numbers. Look at Spinsterella... she had only one and that one worked. Whereas for many others, can have many eggs but end up all fail. I have come to accept that if the embryos cannot be made, or cannot make it to Day 5, it just means that there is something wrong with them genetically. Drag the kids out also they suffer.

The thing is, always be positive. Your self-worth is not determined by whether you have kids or not. You are precious and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Tsf0205, I remember some years back. There is 1sister similar to your case. Dr told her to go for egg donor. But she give it a try in another method (healing) to help her thru IVF. She striked. Now her baby abt 3yrs old if I not wrong. If interested you may try google online. The "laoshi" has a shop called yoga inn.

Dear tsf0205, you have already shown much courage by not giving up. May you find strength to continue to persevere through this journey. Jia you! Hugs

tsf0205, you must stay positive! I know it's hard but isnt that what we are all fighting for? Many ladies are trying over 5 times and eventually it'll work. In fact a gf of mine tried 8 times and she finally succeeded and delivered her twins. It'll come some day ☺

Hi hi @Curiousbabe12

Dun worry... Mine was also like tat...

D10 4.8mm lining 9.5 and 14 blur
D13 7.3mm lining 15.5mm
D15 8mm lining 16.5mm
D17 9.1mm triple

D16 then I ovulate...... So I think ur still ok..

My reading was
D8 5.6mm
(yest) D11 11.7mm triple

What is that triple actually? So clueless.
All i know was the doc then circled my lining measurement and said im all ready. Just waiting for ovulation. She seems like anxious for me tho. :s

hi ladies, Its been a while since my last log in. Need some help here, wanted to know how is the short cycle like? i was on the long cycle before & had 2 transfers which both ended up failed. Now hubby & i wanted to give another try but will do the short cycle one. IF this time fails, we might go for adoption..

Hi hi @Curiousbabe12

Dun worry... Mine was also like tat...

D10 4.8mm lining 9.5 and 14 blur
D13 7.3mm lining 15.5mm
D15 8mm lining 16.5mm
D17 9.1mm triple

D16 then I ovulate...... So I think ur still ok..

Thank @joellejo i feel so stress cannot sleep. I really hope my lining will grow thicker soon. And the ask me to use ovulation kit to test in the morning 7am. If I ovulate I need to rush down. FET can be kinda stressful too.

Hi tsf0205, hello again! In fact you have shown strength and persevere in trying IVF. I am now waiting for my one & only FET in Nov and no more IVF more me. So in a way u are a strong lady.

Not many people can take the toil of IVF especially mentally and we all ladies are doing it without any guarantee of a baby. Since u have decided to try another 1-2 rounds of IVF & eventually move on to donor eggs, I am sure u will be blessed with a baby soon. :)

hi ladies, Its been a while since my last log in. Need some help here, wanted to know how is the short cycle like? i was on the long cycle before & had 2 transfers which both ended up failed. Now hubby & i wanted to give another try but will do the short cycle one. IF this time fails, we might go for adoption..
what is the pros and cons between long and short cycle? I only know long cycle inject longer. I did long cycle for my 1st and only round of IVF, not sure if the doctor is going to tweak the ivf protocol for the next round.

what is the pros and cons between long and short cycle? I only know long cycle inject longer. I did long cycle for my 1st and only round of IVF, not sure if the doctor is going to tweak the ivf protocol for the next round.
Did the dr tell u why long cycle for u?

This jounrey isnt easy for some. Our sa results just back and after trying codyceps,response just as bad. E doc suggested needle biopsy to see if can get better quality sperms,but no garantee. Dh n i still pondering to do or not to do. Old eggs. Bad sperms whaohaha sian.
This month my af flow increase from 2.5day to 3 days after i decide not to feel so stressful over this. As there are thgs we cannot change. Except to pray n try our best.

Tsf,watwver yr decision. Wish you all e best!! Hopeful13 jiayou! We have been lingering in this forum for sometime trying for no 1. Reali hope to graduate.

Dawnbb,u have come a long way too. Hope to receive bb dust from you this few weeks!! Oosh!

Last edited:
Thank @joellejo i feel so stress cannot sleep. I really hope my lining will grow thicker soon. And the ask me to use ovulation kit to test in the morning 7am. If I ovulate I need to rush down. FET can be kinda stressful too.

I feel u babe.. My linings are ok but ive yet to ovulate. Including this morning's, I have peed on 4 opk and all are negative. Another one tomrw, really hoping its +ve. Today is CD12 for me. Gg back to kkivf on Monday morning wif my toddler. Prays he behave. :s

Hello!! Are you with KKH too?
Which stage are you at now? We could be cycle buddies!
Ovulated already , just waiting to ET next week. No much can do, ya I am with KK
KK required to insert two progesteron 3 times daily till 2ww completed
Any sister can share how did you do it when you are at work ?

I feel u babe.. My linings are ok but ive yet to ovulate. Including this morning's, I have peed on 4 opk and all are negative. Another one tomrw, really hoping its +ve. Today is CD12 for me. Gg back to kkivf on Monday morning wif my toddler. Prays he behave. :s
Hi how thick your lining is today ?

Ovulated already , just waiting to ET next week. No much can do, ya I am with KK
Hi @winniewinniepooh usually i do the inserts standing up..easier to get the hole and insert it all the way in..hehe

The progesterone is foul. Made me feel nauseous and this morning I threw up :'(

It's not about the numbers but the quality. I think you are v strong to have done 4 cycles.

Must believe in yourself. I have severe endo too. In fact, I've had endo since I was in my late teens and have had 2 surgeries for my endo. I've never been pregnant before and never thought it could happen to me. But we must be positive. We must believe that we can do it! If we say we can't, then our brain will tell our body that we can't. Just keep telling yourself that you just need that one embryo sister! Don't lose hope. Must be positive and keep telling yourself it will happen! Jiayou!

CD12 is quite early, don't worry. It depends on your cycle. For my FET, I ovulated on cd 15 and Dr still think it's fine to proceed with fet.

This jounrey isnt easy for some. Our sa results just back and after trying codyceps,response just as bad. E doc suggested needle biopsy to see if can get better quality sperms,but no garantee. Dh n i still pondering to do or not to do. Old eggs. Bad sperms whaohaha sian.
This month my af flow increase from 2.5day to 3 days after i decide not to feel so stressful over this. As there are thgs we cannot change. Except to pray n try our best.

Tsf,watwver yr decision. Wish you all e best!! Hopeful13 jiayou! We have been lingering in this forum for sometime trying for no 1. Reali hope to graduate.

Dawnbb,u have come a long way too. Hope to receive bb dust from you this few weeks!! Oosh!
Connie & tsf, hope we can really graduate from this thread. To be honest I don't hold much hope for my Fet in nov since I only have 1 embryo. Not sure if it will survive thawing. To manage my expectation, just take it as it is already.

Jia you my IVF buddies!!! :)

Connie & tsf, hope we can really graduate from this thread. To be honest I don't hold much hope for my Fet in nov since I only have 1 embryo. Not sure if it will survive thawing. To manage my expectation, just take it as it is already.

Jia you my IVF buddies!!! :)
I also dun hold much hope if i am trying 3rd fresh. I wonder should i wake up n tell myself to stop wasting e time,money n dreaming for a highly challenged maracle. I think hubby also gives up hope already.

But i know deep down, I will try ivf again as for our case,becos for us no ivf = no hope for natural ttc. Thats e contridiction. Want to wake up but holding a little glimpse of hope that maybi 1 day,we can

Today,i give myself a break n go for facial to relax. Long time no pamper myself liao. Feeling better n relax after that! :)

Last edited:
Hello, anyone here with eczema and used desowen lotion during IVF? I have an eczema flare up on my face today after I ate something wrong yesterday. I went to see my skin doctor this morning but she said there's not much she can prescribe to me. She assured me that it is safe to use desowen on my face during this period. I guess I'm just being extremely conservative and trying to hold off desowen if I can but at the same time, it is frustrating to cope with eczema. I'm in between my cycle now. Did ER in mid Sep. ET in early Nov, still a month away... I'm currently on mercilon so perhaps it is ok to use desowen once? My eczema usually subsides after one application. I read that desowen should not be used on pregnant woman. Although I'm not there yet but I also read that it is good to give our body a 3 months break from these kind of med before getting pregnant. Dilemma...

Hello, I was also really afraid of self administering the injections. The first time I had to do it with the nurse, I cried before we started (but crying is my way of stress relief and I always feel better after crying). Then the nurse did the first jab for me. I was amazed it didn't hurt at all when the needle went in but it hurt when she was pushing the medication in (she later explained it is because the med she used is less concentrated unlike the pen filled injections I will use at home). Then it was my turn to inject myself with the pen filled needle. Again it didn't hurt when the needle went in and when I push the med in, it didn't hurt too. After that, I was laughing with the nurse. She said I'm so funny, cry and laugh... So I just want to tell you the pen filled needles are very easy to use. No pain and no blood after injection (even for my skinny body).

The second type of injection is the normal needles they use at the hospital. This one looks more intimidating and more steps to follow but if you learn to do the following, it will be fine too:

First, do not be overwhelmed by the long needle you use to draw the med into the syringe. This does not go into your body.
Second, make sure you remove all the air bubbles by tapping the inverted syringe. Injecting air in hurts.
Third, always find a good spot on your tummy (3 fingers away from the belly button, not too low and not to high)
Fourth, while preparing the injection, ask your hubby to put an ice pack on the area you are going to inject to numb it (about 10 minutes and you will need time to dissolve the med and transfer to the syringe anyways)
Fifth, once area is numb, wipe off the water from the ice pack on your tummy so it is dry
Sixth, use alcohol swap to clean area and fan it so it dries completely (it hurts if the alcohol or water goes in during injection so make sure your skin is dry)
Seventh, pull up sufficient flesh with your thumb and finger, in a swift motion, push the needle into your flesh (no pain if you are fast)
Eighth, push in the med slowly then count to 5
Finally, remove the needle and press the alcohol swap in the area to prevent bleeding. Do not rub as rubbing will cause the blood to clot and result in bruises.

I normally rotate my left and right side so there's time for the area to rest before the next jab. For me, there is not much pain during the injection when I follow the above steps but I do feel some slight pain in the area after injection maybe because the med is working inside.

I hope this helps you! Be brave!! Hubby is super supportive and will do anything on command during this period when he saw me braving the jabs every day for two weeks. On top of this, I made sure I reward myself to keep my spirits up. Another way to encourage myself is to think of what diabetic patients go through everyday. My grand mother had to have these diabetes jabs before she passed away and thinking of this gives me strength. It is not easy but we women are actually very very strong. We can do it if we want to. Good luck!

PS when you go for your blood test and scans and you see so many women carrying the same purple IVF bag, then you know you are not alone. That is another source of strength.

Sorry, another super long one from me! I'm very long winded!! Haha

Toolbox, I can't thank you enough for your kind sharing. It is very useful and very detailed. I could imagine doing it as I read your post. Thank you for your encouragement and positive attitude. Many who are clueless and fearful like me benefits from reading your post. You are right, we woman are strong and can overcome the impossible (to me also because there is God's love and grace).
I have been wondering and wondering how am I going to go through ivf journey, sometimes I feel blank and stone.
I pray for courage for all ladies who are fighting on.

Toolbox, I can't thank you enough for your kind sharing. It is very useful and very detailed. I could imagine doing it as I read your post. Thank you for your encouragement and positive attitude. Many who are clueless and fearful like me benefits from reading your post. You are right, we woman are strong and can overcome the impossible (to me also because there is God's love and grace).
I have been wondering and wondering how am I going to go through ivf journey, sometimes I feel blank and stone.
I pray for courage for all ladies who are fighting on.

You are most welcome. Best of luck for your IVF journey! :)

I did endo scratch and I believe it helps increase chances of implantations. Got bfp in my subsequent month FET

I agree with you. my wife did endo scratch after 1st fail FET. Accordingly to her, it's real painful (and I was standing next to her), but eventually, it's worthwhile. many nurses we spoke to in the clinic mentioned it's really useful and they have seen many successful cases after scratching.

Back