IVF/ICSI Support Group

Till last week, then I know who is my doctor :> I'm subsisted patient, 1st appt at clinic G, was seeing Dr Lim & Dr Elizabeth Margaret. Then after confirm going for ivf, we were seeing Prof Wong twice @ level 3 NUH. After started my NorE, for my 1st scan came back to level 4 CHR then I met Dr Lim & Dr Elizabeth Margaret again. 2nd scan done by Dr Anu, 3rd & 4th scan done by Dr Chew. Finally OR dove by Dr Lim.
Yours scans are done at CHR level 4 or at level 3 women clinic?

Hi gal, what do u mean u didnt do very well in this fresh cycle?
@jkoh Not in this fresh cycle but in fresh cycles generally. This is my 4th IVF cycle. The other 3 times I did IVF, I didn't get pregnant in fresh cycles but I got pregnant in FET - first time was chemical pregnancy though. 2nd time miscarriage in week 11 (fetal heart rate was quite low during week 8 scan) and 3rd time conceived successfully. So doctor thinks I do better in FET. That's why I am not pinning much hope on this one.

@jkoh Not in this fresh cycle but in fresh cycles generally. This is my 4th IVF cycle. The other 3 times I did IVF, I didn't get pregnant in fresh cycles but I got pregnant in FET - first time was chemical pregnancy though. 2nd time miscarriage in week 11 (fetal heart rate was quite low during week 8 scan) and 3rd time conceived successfully. So doctor thinks I do better in FET. That's why I am not pinning much hope on this one.
Ivf sisters are really strong!!! Im only doing my first fresh. In 2ww now. I have so much to learn from you all. Let's jia you together!

hi all.. im a silent reader. recently doc refer me to ivf. nxt wk will be my first appointment with DR THH. i am 26 tis yrs old, and my husband SA is low. Can anyone tell me what will my first appointment be like? it is counseling? and roughly how long is the wait, doc said they gave priority to women who is 35 above.

Pls call your clinic. It might still be ok. Don't give up. Hugz

thanks all.. kkh ivf said if it worsens to the menses flow, i will have to do the BT tmorrow. but if the situation is still ok , they said to bring forward the planned 21st BT to this Thurs 17th.
to continue the progesterone inserts at same dose.

I've no cramping so far though..

thanks all.. kkh ivf said if it worsens to the menses flow, i will have to do the BT tmorrow. but if the situation is still ok , they said to bring forward the planned 21st BT to this Thurs 17th.

Do take care, perhaps don't move around too much.

Your spotting comes and goes right.. As long as not menses flow then there's hope! Hope everything is fine!

hi all.. im a silent reader. recently doc refer me to ivf. nxt wk will be my first appointment with DR THH. i am 26 tis yrs old, and my husband SA is low. Can anyone tell me what will my first appointment be like? it is counseling? and roughly how long is the wait, doc said they gave priority to women who is 35 above.
Hi Anesthesia, usually for 1st appt, Dr will order blood test for both you and your husband. Thereafter, the IVF centre will call you to make appt for for your 1st briefing. September is fully booked and I think the earliest date is Oct. Also, I heard that IVF is full and the earliest date to start is Nov. I am also with THH at KKH. Starting IVF in Nov. When are you seeing Dr Tan?

Hi Koirc, I also BFP in FET and I am starting my 4th IVF cycle too. Which IVF centre are you with?

Hi all, in on a fresh cycle for ivf and after 5 days of injection, today I went back for review to scan on my eggs and apparently I only had 1! Usually I have more than 1 and with the stimulation, isn't it supposed to increase even more? My doc asked me to abort the cycle now. Any advise why my body is reacting this way?

Hi Anesthesia, usually for 1st appt, Dr will order blood test for both you and your husband. Thereafter, the IVF centre will call you to make appt for for your 1st briefing. September is fully booked and I think the earliest date is Oct. Also, I heard that IVF is full and the earliest date to start is Nov. I am also with THH at KKH. Starting IVF in Nov. When are you seeing Dr Tan?

Hi! thanks for the reply! im seeing Dr Tan on 25 Sept.. how old are u if i may ask? have u start ur briefing?

Hi kissryl, have you went for your briefing? I wonder what would they talk about during the briefing. It seem that the process is abit diff from the last time I had my IVF which is in 2012. My 1st briefing is booked on 7 Oct.
nope! mine same date as urs! looks like we will bump into each other! :)
i understand they will share what's ur process and what to expect. went for a talk just last mth and briefly mentioned on the counselling..

I got bad news fr lab this morning. All my eggs failed for fertilization. I'm so sad & down now... Not even an single one!!!!

nope! mine same date as urs! looks like we will bump into each other! :)
i understand they will share what's ur process and what to expect. went for a talk just last mth and briefly mentioned on the counselling..
Wow! :). You seeing any TCM? Are you eating supplements to improve egg quality/quantity?

Hi all, in on a fresh cycle for ivf and after 5 days of injection, today I went back for review to scan on my eggs and apparently I only had 1! Usually I have more than 1 and with the stimulation, isn't it supposed to increase even more? My doc asked me to abort the cycle now. Any advise why my body is reacting this way?
Hi Schua1019, ur body may not react to the med injected, ask doc whether can change to a stronger med and dosage...hugs... Jiayou

Oh no! Are u the one with 10 matured eggs? I'm sure it hurts a lot..
Now is think of next step

I got 10 matured eggs, not even one got fertilized!!! I'm so sad now!!!! The lab staff said, they will monitor till tmr, maybe it wld be abit slow :( now I'm planning for next fresh cycle liao.

I got 10 matured eggs, not even one got fertilized!!! I'm so sad now!!!! The lab staff said, they will monitor till tmr, maybe it wld be abit slow :( now I'm planning for next fresh cycle liao.
Did they say what could Be the cause? Egg or sperm quality? If u know the reason then can tackle before next cycle.
How much is ur dosage of stim?

Btw for info, After my OR (yesterday), I have no pain & cramp for my lower abdominal side. This morning after applying the Crinone, i dun have any discomfort too. I have very good appetite!

I got bad news fr lab this morning. All my eggs failed for fertilization. I'm so sad & down now... Not even an single one!!!!

Oh dear, I'm very sorry to hear that. You must be crushed to receive the news. I read that poor fertilisation rate stemmed mostly from our eggs factors. Did u try taking any supplements before you start the cycle.

Oh dear, I'm very sorry to hear that. You must be crushed to receive the news. I read that poor fertilisation rate stemmed mostly from our eggs factors. Did u try taking any supplements before you start the cycle.

Dramaqueenie, it is true that poor fertilisation is due to egg factors? My 1st cycle ER 16 eggs and 3 fertilized. 2nd cycle ER 16 eggs and 3 fertilized. 3rd cycle ER 18 eggs but only 2 fertilized. I wasn't sure what was the cause and didn't asked too. If it is due to our eggs factors, can you share how we can improve? I heard about eating rolly jellies or CoQ10 but I'm allergic to it. This is my 4th cycle already & I really hope this time my body is well prepared. I can't afford to go thru another 3 fresh cycles like before.

Dramaqueenie, it is true that poor fertilisation is due to egg factors? My 1st cycle ER 16 eggs and 3 fertilized. 2nd cycle ER 16 eggs and 3 fertilized. 3rd cycle ER 18 eggs but only 2 fertilized. I wasn't sure what was the cause and didn't asked too. If it is due to our eggs factors, can you share how we can improve? I heard about eating rolly jellies or CoQ10 but I'm allergic to it. This is my 4th cycle already & I really hope this time my body is well prepared. I can't afford to go thru another 3 fresh cycles like before.
Some say is because of sperm quality as well. And some say for ivf-ers of higher age group, the quality will drop if too many follicles are stimulated.
Maybe can check with dr for better answers.

Sorry to hear dear, hugs for you. So ur cycle is alr aborted? During my 2nd scan after 3 days of stim, I had 3 follicles on the right and my left ovary didn't respond to stim (no response until stim day 10 as a matter of fact). My doc increased my dosage from 375 to 450 Gonal-F. I did acupuncture every 3 days throughout my stim, after OPU and 3 times after transfer. I also increase my intake of immunocal and egg whites. I think all these helped in some ways as my follicles started to respond better and left ovary also had a sudden revival. My follicles count grew from 3 to 13 during OPU. But with one lone follicle at stake now, I'm not sure if it will be better to try again. I understand follicles counts may differ from mth to mth. So some month, u have a bit more, others a bit lesser.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear dear, hugs for you. So ur cycle is alr aborted? During my 2nd scan after 3 days of stim, I had follicles on the right and my left ovary didn't respond to stim (no response until stim day 10 as a matter of fact). My doc increased my dosage from 375 to 450 Gonal-F. I did acupuncture every 3 days throughout my stim, after OPU and 3 times after transfer. I also increase my intake of immunocal and egg whites. I think all these helped in some ways as my follicles started to respond better and left ovary also had a sudden revival. My follicles count grew from 3 to 13 during OPU. But with one lone follicle at stake now, I'm not sure if it will be better to try again. I understand follicles counts may differ from mth to mth. So some month, u have a bit more, others a bit lesser.
So in the end u have how many eggs fertilised? Which acupuncture you're with?

Ivf sisters are really strong!!! Im only doing my first fresh. In 2ww now. I have so much to learn from you all. Let's jia you together!
I agree we are all very strong... physically, emotionally and mentally. It's an arduous journey and nobody can understand what we go through except those who are taking the same path. So jia you!

I am sorry to hear that. *hugs*

Maybe you can ask the lab what is the reason. During my last cycle, doctor told me my eggs quality are not very good... they are very greyish she said. So this time, I try to improve my egg quality by following a strict diet.

Back