IVF/ICSI Support Group

@bunnymuimui Hugzz gal. When I read yr post it felt like me practically saying those exact words. Only difference u have a little one and I don't. The rest of the feelings thought pain agony fear depression sadness remains. Pls take care cry it out and move on with life. Wat ever decision you make now or later we sisters fully support you here. Am also yr age struggling for the little one after thru 3 laprascopy 3 fresh and 2 miscarriages since 2010. I am 80 kg now. Before I embarked I was 65kg. I don't care abt anything now except the only thought of getting preggy. The amount of meds we inject stress we go thru all in the darkness called infertility looking for hope and light thru prayers doctors tcm...we live 2 lives...internal and external....no one can better understand us except we sisters here.....hope and pray all our struggles are answered in matter of time. Take care gal.

Last edited:
@bunnymuimui , sorry to hear about that. Cry out loud and don't hold on to your emotion. I admire your courage to try to give your lo a sibling and what you have shared has knocked some senses to me. I realized how unhappy I m coz of the urge to give a sibling to my little one and how ttc has changed my life. I m too focused on the ttc journey that i tend to neglect people around me, my work and life. I surfed like crazy on the web reading up on tww and all the symptoms. Thanks for the reminder that IVF of ttc is just a journey. Most important is 珍惜眼前人.

@bunnymuimui, I'm sorry to hear abt the news. However, to me, u are still blessed as u have a lovely kid.

I'm essentially gg bonkers in this 2ww. I know I should not look out for symptoms but really can't help it... This is my 4th cycle, really looking forward to a positive... Compared to my past cycles, ( I have a BFP cycle with really bad backache during implantation period), I have no symptoms this round! My tummy feels so empty, like my embies are no longer there...

For sisters here who are blessed with a little one, I really envy you. To me, just having a child will be a miracle to me. Yet, it seems like it will only happen in my dreams....

Tsf, your bt is on monday? Re u working?

@bunnymuimui, hugs to u too. Sit down hve a good chat with ur DH. Share ur thoughts with each oth. My philosophy now is, as long as we hve done our best, shall live life without any regrets.

Last edited:
@bunnymuimui Hugzz gal. When I read yr post it felt like me practically saying those exact words. Only difference u have a little one and I don't. The rest of the feelings thought pain agony fear depression sadness remains. Pls take care cry it out and move on with life. Wat ever decision you make now or later we sisters fully support you here. Am also yr age struggling for the little one after thru 3 laprascopy 3 fresh and 2 miscarriages since 2010. I am 80 kg now. Before I embarked I was 65kg. I don't care abt anything now except the only thought of getting preggy. The amount of meds we inject stress we go thru all in the darkness called infertility looking for hope and light thru prayers doctors tcm...we live 2 lives...internal and external....no one can better understand us except we sisters here.....hope and pray all our struggles are answered in matter of time. Take care gal.
Hugs mesara & bunnymuimui. Whatever u all said reflects my mind & thoughts completely. Today is the first day I went to work and everytime someone ask me where I have been the lies I have to say just remind me that I have failed my IVF cycle.

My close friends though try to encourage me by asking me not to give up and continue to try. But it's all easier said than done. They all have kids naturally and never know how we feel and the emotion one goes through during IVF. Sometimes I worry abt the IVF and quality of embryo, they say I think too much and must think positive.

So to all the sisters here, thank u for the encouragement and sharing here. It is really true that nobody understand us except us who have gone through IVF.

To all other sisters who have failed their cycle or miscarriage, time will heal. It may seem impossible to move on but as time pass, your heart starts to heal. And like ringbell said, treasure the people around us now.

To all wonderful ladies here who are trying or struggling in this journey, gambatte! Jia you!

@hopeful13 whatever it may be, we must try live life fullest. amidst our bz trips to tcm or Hospital, squeeze in time to do your fav stuff, be it a movie sports shopping eating. Stay enriched. My friend n her husband are in their late 50s, no kids. They are so engaged n living life happily. I tell myself if ivf attempts fails, will learn to enjoy life like my friends.

Are there any ladies here who doesn't feel any symptoms in the 2ww, not even side effects from progesterone and can BFP?

This cycle is so strange... Compared to my 3 previous cycles, I'm basically symptomless... It's like before I did Ivf... Never felt so normal... Tdy is my 8dp3dt....

Morning ladies. Today is my ER, abit nervous as this is my lst ivf. Not sure how the procedure will go. Just to check if there will be spotting or blood flow after ER?

@hopeful13 whatever it may be, we must try live life fullest. amidst our bz trips to tcm or Hospital, squeeze in time to do your fav stuff, be it a movie sports shopping eating. Stay enriched. My friend n her husband are in their late 50s, no kids. They are so engaged n living life happily. I tell myself if ivf attempts fails, will learn to enjoy life like my friends.
Thanks char mee. I am telling myself to lead a fulfilling life though without kids. Hubby has been encouraging throughout the IVF journey and hope we can do more for the society and give thanks for all the blessings we have so far. :)

Morning ladies. Today is my ER, abit nervous as this is my lst ivf. Not sure how the procedure will go. Just to check if there will be spotting or blood flow after ER?
I had heavy spotting for a few hours, almost like first day of period.. Then less blood the following day

Asked nurses and doc, they said it's ok as long as the blood is not flowing

@Domokunn ER will be done sedated so other then needle pick nothing to be scared abt I think. After ER maybe slight cramps and bleed for a day or two. That's all. Might feel bloated but also will subside. I took alot of h2o. All the best to you.

Sisters I got first af after miscarriage last month. Last cycle came after I stopped inserts. ..menses came 3 days later lasted for 10 days...was heavy and super pain. But this cycle flow is lighter and lesser cramps. Is this normal.

@jas249 @hopeful13 @Baby1979 hug gals. Let out the emotions and get back on track track fast. We have to get up and get moving in this journey as time is a big factor we ladies have to race against with many other challenges.

@char-mee How Many Embryos Thawed gal. U froze them at D3 and transferred the D3 embryos is it. All the best in the tww gal. Awaiting baby dusts.

@bunnymuimui thanks for explaining abt the thaw cycle. Believe u will be doing ET on Monday. All the best to you.

@Twinkleting rest well and keep positive thoughts.

@twinkletot and @littlejo I might be cycle with u gals in Aug or Sept. I just got my Af last nite. Not full flow yet. But since kk lab close I think must abandon this cycle right. So next af shud be likely in aug and same time but dr tan away. But since transfer shud be only on cd 17 expecting him to return by then. Wow this planning of af and Dr tan schedule already stress me even before start cycle. Are u both doing medicated of natural fet?

@tsf0205 relax and take it easy tho tww is a long painful wait. Hope all well with you and awaiting good news on 27 Jul.
Hi mesara,
I'll be doing fresh. Not frozen.

Hi ladies.. i have failed to keep my beanies.. i just lost my twins on sunday nite as all the sudden blood clots keep gushing out.. no chances to save them even with extra support.. im so sadden thinking tht my happiness is so short... have to re-start my final cycle once i see Dr Tan on this coming friday and seek for his advice.

@mesara is yours a natural mc? I remembered my earlier mc was like yours too... v heavy the immediate month n light thereafter.

@wondersss sorry to hear you lost your beanies *hugz*. how many weeks was it? it must have been devastating. Cry it all out and stay strong thereafter. Many of us here have been through what you had and we know time will heal and give us a chance again. Stay positive.

@mesara is yours a natural mc? I remembered my earlier mc was like yours too... v heavy the immediate month n light thereafter.

@wondersss sorry to hear you lost your beanies *hugz*. how many weeks was it? it must have been devastating. Cry it all out and stay strong thereafter. Many of us here have been through what you had and we know time will heal and give us a chance again. Stay positive.
Hi char-mee, 5+6weeks.. it was a nightmare when i see my beanies leave me within hrs.. cant stop crying..

Hi char-mee, 5+6weeks.. it was a nightmare when i see my beanies leave me within hrs.. cant stop crying..
I am a mostly silent reader on this thread. Just wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss. I know no words can offer any comfort now but please know you are not alone. Take care of urself and rest. Give urself some time to grieve. Hugssssss!

that could be implantation bleeding.. awaiting good news
Orh no la. The post was in reply to whether a person spots after ET.

I meant I was having heavy spotting immediately after ET. Like when I pee, it's bloody one. But they assured it me it was ok cos I came out of the toilet with bloody toilet paper haha.

As long as it's not flowing blood it's considered ok

Yes gals mine was at week 6 natural mc. Did yr cycle resume to normal after tat. Mean the flow. Used to bleed heavy day 2 and 3. This time no clots nothing just stain. Like 2 pads a day can liao. Have started disciplined lifestyle. Will start acu n herbs soon.

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Be kind to yourself. I'm relatively new to this forum and had followed your journey as a silent reader. I feel your loss. Cry if you need to. Take care and give it another shot when you are ready. Hugs.

Yes gals mine was at week 6 natural mc. Did yr cycle resume to normal after tat. Mean the flow. Used to bleed heavy day 2 and 3. This time no clots nothing just stain. Like 2 pads a day can liao. Have started disciplined lifestyle. Will start acu n herbs soon.
My usual cycle is very very light. So when back to normal means can do w less than 2 pads a day. did you take confinement food immediately? Was chided by tcm for not doing so, weakens one's constitution and causing low iron and blood. take lots of iron rich food n less cooling stuff. Everything will be back to normal.

Hi ladies.. i have failed to keep my beanies.. i just lost my twins on sunday nite as all the sudden blood clots keep gushing out.. no chances to save them even with extra support.. im so sadden thinking tht my happiness is so short... have to re-start my final cycle once i see Dr Tan on this coming friday and seek for his advice.
Take care of yourself ya..

Hopefully the doc is able to help determine what could be done in the future..

Don't let the past haunt u, just keep looking forward *hugs*

ladies this maybe of help to know when to test for pregnancy
3-Day Transfer

One
The embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula

Two
The cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst

Three
The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell

Four
The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus

Five
The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation

Six
Implantation continues

Seven
Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop

Eight
Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream

Nine
Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted

Ten
Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted

Eleven
Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy

Hugs wondersss... No words can describe the feeling. It is very very sad.. Take time to heal and cry. But it's true that as time pass u will start to feel better.

My usual cycle is very very light. So when back to normal means can do w less than 2 pads a day. did you take confinement food immediately? Was chided by tcm for not doing so, weakens one's constitution and causing low iron and blood. take lots of iron rich food n less cooling stuff. Everything will be back to normal.
I took chicken essence fish essence n ginger drink. Tats all la. Hmm hope things back to normal for me to cycle soon. Can't wait actually ;). If kk never close will do this cycle ;). But now start tcm n build health meanwhile. Hope my warriors survive the battle for mummy dearest. Wait is too long.

I'm so sorry to hear this....... Wondersss, you have been a brave girl. Don't ever think it's your fault. We may not understand why this is happening... But let's keep the faith in this ttc journey.

Gals, just want to say no matter which part of e ttc jouney you are in, jiayou.i feel you as only pp in this journey will understand in a tiny way or another. I believe we have done our part in this difficult jouney by making crazy sacrifices n doing crazy jabbing that others may find difficult to comprehand. We deserve to give ourselves a pat n a hug.

Big big hugssss to u, wondersss!!! Im sorry to hear ur lost..we know no words can ease the pain u r gg thru now...cry it out n hope u wl feel better..meanwhile, take gd care of urself n build up ur body for the nxt cycle...take care!!!

Last edited:

Back