IVF/ICSI Support Group

dun mind me posting up in this thread.. I need some advises frm all the sisters here as i know some of u may have gone thru IUI b4 IVF..

Im sad, dishearted, speechless...

Went for my scanning yesterday and found out that my follicle didn't grow at all..
which means I didn't Ovulate at all.. :(

doc prescribed me tables to be taken CD2 to CD6 and will be back for review.. and will embark on IUI journey..

sisters out there.. please advise me what should I do / should not do during this period.

Upon hearing I was so sad that I nearly cry after my visit to the gynae.. I controlled back my tears..
I blamed myself for not going for fertility checks early.. I blamed myself for the cause of infertility..

totally no mood to do anything.. I am wondering if I am able to request for hosp leave after doin my IUI cos I do not wan to come to work during my 2ww as my job is getting more n more tedious and tiring as deadline for each n everything is so close... any sisters taken b4?

Did ur dr prescribe u clomid? I had 6 mths of clomid b4 n twice for iui... didnt get me preggy. It did work for some ladies tho... but dun tk clomid long term as it will thin ur lining. As for HL... i nv requested for it during iui. Ultimately it depends on ur Dr... but most gynaes quite generous with MCs.

Sisters... just now i unknowingly squatted to take things from my lower cupboard... for abt 5 seconds. Then when i realised, i faster get up. Just had my fet ytd... feel so mad with myself now...

Did ur dr prescribe u clomid? I had 6 mths of clomid b4 n twice for iui... didnt get me preggy. It did work for some ladies tho... but dun tk clomid long term as it will thin ur lining. As for HL... i nv requested for it during iui. Ultimately it depends on ur Dr... but most gynaes quite generous with MCs.

yes i was prescribed clomid (50mg) to be taken day 2 to day 6 of my next cycle.. after that will proceed to IUI..
perhaps i will talk to my doc and request for it.. i know this thing hv to avoid stress.. i intended to tk 1 cycle of clomid.. as i have tiny cyst.. so i do hope to conceive as soon as i can.. said is easier than done..

but are there any food to consume in order to get ready for the journey of iui?

yes i was prescribed clomid (50mg) to be taken day 2 to day 6 of my next cycle.. after that will proceed to IUI..
perhaps i will talk to my doc and request for it.. i know this thing hv to avoid stress.. i intended to tk 1 cycle of clomid.. as i have tiny cyst.. so i do hope to conceive as soon as i can.. said is easier than done..

My fren did get preggy on iui n she went to tcm too... which she believed it helps greatly. Similarly, u can try out accupuncture like most ladies here... avoid cooling n cold food.

Sisters... just now i unknowingly squatted to take things from my lower cupboard... for abt 5 seconds. Then when i realised, i faster get up. Just had my fet ytd... feel so mad with myself now...
Is ok. No harm done. Dont get too upset over that. The worry abt squatting is that it is soemtimes a strain for some women esp those who are weaker. The embbie is safe inside your womb.

To all ladies out there.. *Salute for those who are going through the process, be it IUI/SO-IUI/IVF.. not an easy process .. Gotta to tell yourself that by going through all these.. you can consider an amazing woman ...

Finally, Feb arrived and am waiting patiently for my AF to arrive for my 1st IVF.....Hope that it wont crashed with CNY or else.. got to postpone then...I'm scared.. but think it is normal to feel in this way.. being a slient reader in this thread.. some of you do provide a source of positive energy charge...

*Gambatte*....

My fren did get preggy on iui n she went to tcm too... which she believed it helps greatly. Similarly, u can try out accupuncture like most ladies here... avoid cooling n cold food.

ur fren is those lucky ones.. :)
ya i believe in tcm but now i m not sure is it too late to go as i will be starting soon...

Same here unresponsive to clomid..theres an alternative called femara which they say might work. Maybe u will respond to that? Im currently on it and will have to go for blood test on cd21 to see if I ovulated on it.

ur fren is those lucky ones.. :)
ya i believe in tcm but now i m not sure is it too late to go as i will be starting soon...
Maybe u can try bak foong pills? That one eat for about 1-3 days only. Cant eat too much cos heaty but why not right. My tcm doc tell me to take after finished femara

Same here unresponsive to clomid..theres an alternative called femara which they say might work. Maybe u will respond to that? Im currently on it and will have to go for blood test on cd21 to see if I ovulated on it.

i have not taken clomid b4.. ytd was prescribe to me after my visit to gynae.. will start takin on my new cycle..
and im told to go bk on cd12..
i think different gynae have their own practice..

Maybe u can try bak foong pills? That one eat for about 1-3 days only. Cant eat too much cos heaty but why not right. My tcm doc tell me to take after finished femara

im takin ba zhen soup once my af cleared.. think to boil this weekend to drink again..
my hub v cute he ask me to tk Yu Gan You (sccotts).. told me inside a lot of Vitamins.. but im afraid it will grow my tiny fibroids n cyst

@rainbowbb , here are some of the them.. there are more under the thread - "Good TCM for infertility". Good luck!!

Dr Zou Yumin
Blk 505, Ang Mo Kio Ave 8#01-266
Singapore 560505
Tel: 6456 0833
Opening Hours: Monday – Thurs 9.30am – 1pm, 3:30pm – 8:30pm, Fri 3:30pm – 8:30pm,
Sat, Sun & PH: 9am – 1pm
Closed on Wed
Tan Siew Buoy (Chen Qiu Mei)
Clinic 1: NTU Chinese Medicine Clinic 60 Nanyang Drive SBS-01s-68 Singapore 637551 Tel: 65921732/ 65921733 (By appointment) Consulting hr: 8.30am to 12.30pm (Mon, Wed, Fri) & 1.30 to 4.30pm (Tue & Thurs)
Clinic 2: Health & Beauty Pte Ltd, Traditional chinese medicine centre No. 38 upper cross st, Singapore 058341 Tel: 65344131 (By appointment) Consulting hr: 3pm to 8pm(Mon, wed & fri)
Tan Kian Sing
TCM Healthcare Medical Centre
Blk 433, Clementi Ave 3,
#01-266, Singapore 120433
Tel : 68723237
Consulting hr: 9.30am to 1.00pm, 2.00pm to 6.00pm (Mon and Sat)
1.00pm to 8.00pm (Tue and Thurs)
1.00pm to 6.00pm (Fri)
Closed on Wed, Sun and PH
Thomson Chinese Medicine
L3 Thomson Medical Centre (via Lift Lobby A)
339 Thomson Road S307677
Tel: (65) 6350 8850 Tel: (65) 6354 3981
Fax: (65) 6258 1476 Fax: (65) 6258 0917
Email: [email protected]
Opening Hours: Monday – Saturday 8.30am – 5.30pm

thanks chubby1314 :)
i been to TSB but stop seein her cos she dun talk much during the consultation.. so i give up.. :p

mayb can go to clementi as is nearer to me.. im at the west side of sg.. :)

I don't like TCM doesn't talk or talk much. My previous TCM, all I heard was him typing on the keyboard. The room was dead silence and it was unbearable. Moreover each visit costs more than $150. Talk a bit will die meh?

just a quick check, any one takin raspberry tea?
which one is better n buy from where?
TIA :)
Rainbowbb, am taking the raspberry tea and i get it from http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=QJH776. You can use my code QJH776 and get $10 off your first purchase. Much cheaper than retail and it ships direct from US. I used to get the tea bags - Traditional Medicinals, Herbal Tea, Organic Raspberry Leaf, Caffeine Free, 16 Wrapped Tea Bags, .85 oz (24 g) but change to the tea leaves which is more economical - Frontier Natural Products, Cut & Sifted Red Raspberry Leaf, 16 oz (453 g)

I'm so devastated…after all the injections, ER and looking forward to 2WW, i couldn't proceed to ET. :( All the fertilized embryos didn't make it in the end. Any encounter this before? Is it very extreme? I feel so dejected and i really don't feel like going back to work. I know i must stay positive and look forward to the next cycle in a few months. But i can't help but feel so lost. Suddenly, i don't know what to do with myself. Work is extremely busy and i know i'll be lost in busyness once more when i go back. I feel so torn.

Rainbowbb, am taking the raspberry tea and i get it from http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=QJH776. You can use my code QJH776 and get $10 off your first purchase. Much cheaper than retail and it ships direct from US. I used to get the tea bags - Traditional Medicinals, Herbal Tea, Organic Raspberry Leaf, Caffeine Free, 16 Wrapped Tea Bags, .85 oz (24 g) but change to the tea leaves which is more economical - Frontier Natural Products, Cut & Sifted Red Raspberry Leaf, 16 oz (453 g)
Hi, can I check.. Raspberry tea to take b4 the cycle or throughout even during 2ww?

I'm so devastated…after all the injections, ER and looking forward to 2WW, i couldn't proceed to ET. :( All the fertilized embryos didn't make it in the end. Any encounter this before? Is it very extreme? I feel so dejected and i really don't feel like going back to work. I know i must stay positive and look forward to the next cycle in a few months. But i can't help but feel so lost. Suddenly, i don't know what to do with myself. Work is extremely busy and i know i'll be lost in busyness once more when i go back. I feel so torn.

@ribbonz
So sorry to hear that. Hugs.

Were u planning for d2 or d3 transfer?
Did embryologist say what went wrong…how many embies are there? Which clinic r u at?

@ribbonz, felt sorry for you.. Have a good rest first and don think so much. Slowly get back and move on, check with doc on the reasons then start to look forward to your new cycle ya. In term of work, possible to talk to your boss on the workload? Don stress don stress....

Thanks gal...
But is it to tk thru out the cycle?
I heard alot ladies r drinkjn but im nt really sure wat is it for..

*hugs* sorry to hear that. Get doc to give you a few days off from work to let yourself recover physically and emotionally. All jiemei here can feel you. Don't give up ribbonz!

Big hugs to you. Don't give up!

take some days off from your work...
if cryin will make u feel better, just cry it out..
dun give up. continue to jia you..

Can I ask how is endo scratch procedure like?
Is it v painful
N how long is the procedure

This is supposed to increase success rate right?
for me as I scared pain so I opt to be sedated ..so done in op theatre ..costs more too ard 900 but I dun feel pain..just slight cramps and light bleeding after in the ward

Thanks gal...
But is it to tk thru out the cycle?
I heard alot ladies r drinkjn but im nt really sure wat is it for..
I drank sometimes during suppression ..or normal days after af..dun drink during stimulation and 2ww though..it cause uterine contractions..no no for preggy woman (only later part if bb over due then some drink this to speed up labour) else in other days this tea is said to condition ur womb.

im takin ba zhen soup once my af cleared.. think to boil this weekend to drink again..
my hub v cute he ask me to tk Yu Gan You (sccotts).. told me inside a lot of Vitamins.. but im afraid it will grow my tiny fibroids n cyst
I know for myself -one cycle I kiasu took extra strength royal jelly ended up with a cysts and that cycle aborted ..as for fishoils is it good for immune system ..moral of story ..in moderation

@ashley11 Hi ashley11, it was supposed to be D3 transfer. By then, there was only 1 embryo left…but it was too bad for transfer. I'm with kkivf. Some things are difficult to explain the exact cause. The cells just didn't multiply in a good way.

@Chubby1314 , @moinie , @Enchanted , @rainbowbb, thanks so much for your encouragement! It helps to air my thoughts here. Really blessed to have the support here. I'll embark on another cycle few months down…good that the doc has a plan. i hope there'll be one special egg which will be strong enough to develop. This process has really made me see how intricate life is, made me realized that there are also limitations to ivf and all the treatments, and often it's up to nature. i mean, how the cells develop is really nothing within man's control. Thanks everyone for listening ear! :)

@jmamee and @rainbowbb, from
What I understand red raspberry tea is suppose to "tone" the uterus and strengthens the uterine lining. It supposedly to contain tons of different vitamins and minerals that make conception easier and improve overall health and well being. I am
Not sure if it is useful but I have been drinking even before I started on my fresh cycle. Now waiting to do fet sometime in march.

Dear Ladies, I am new to this thread. I just had a failed IVF fresh cycle in Dec'14 and am supposed to start natural FET in Jan. But menses came very late and the procedure got delayed. My elder sister who had a successful IVF shared that must wait at least 3 months in between cycles, for body to recover, does anyone have experience with that? My gynae did not do any scan on my uterine lining, for my 1st cycle, to determine if the cycle could proceed? What is the recommended thickness for uterine?

@ribbonz dun mention.. this platform is for us to vent our sorrows and giving each other a support in whatever we do/go..
so feel free to vent out ur sadness and everything.. sometime only we will understand what u, me, everyone is going through..

I know the journey ahead is not easy.. I myself will be entering the journey of IUI.. I know said is easier than done but we hv to go through all these.. is not we want it either.. god has plans for us.. some people are able to conceive easily but we are the ones who needs extra hand in order to let us conceive ...

I believe 1 day we will be holdin our rainbow baby in our arms...

Never give up... we must have faith and confidence in ourselves and gynae who has plan for us too....

Let's jia you together!! :)

I drank sometimes during suppression ..or normal days after af..dun drink during stimulation and 2ww though..it cause uterine contractions..no no for preggy woman (only later part if bb over due then some drink this to speed up labour) else in other days this tea is said to condition ur womb.

okie.. will take note of that.. means after af and be ovulation will be able to tk raspberry tea..

okie.. will take note of that.. means after af and be ovulation will be able to tk raspberry tea..

I know for myself -one cycle I kiasu took extra strength royal jelly ended up with a cysts and that cycle aborted ..as for fishoils is it good for immune system ..moral of story ..in moderation

yes.. agreed.. will tk in moderation.. mayb I m too kan cheong.. wan to absorb whatever I can to my body..

Dear Ladies, I am new to this thread. I just had a failed IVF fresh cycle in Dec'14 and am supposed to start natural FET in Jan. But menses came very late and the procedure got delayed. My elder sister who had a successful IVF shared that must wait at least 3 months in between cycles, for body to recover, does anyone have experience with that? My gynae did not do any scan on my uterine lining, for my 1st cycle, to determine if the cycle could proceed? What is the recommended thickness for uterine?

for natural fet, your doctor will scan you few days everyday before your ovulation and until you ovulate for lining thickness. it must be 8mm above to proceed. depends on your doctor.

@ashley11 Hi ashley11, it was supposed to be D3 transfer. By then, there was only 1 embryo left…but it was too bad for transfer. I'm with kkivf. Some things are difficult to explain the exact cause. The cells just didn't multiply in a good way.

@Chubby1314 , @moinie , @Enchanted , @rainbowbb, thanks so much for your encouragement! It helps to air my thoughts here. Really blessed to have the support here. I'll embark on another cycle few months down…good that the doc has a plan. i hope there'll be one special egg which will be strong enough to develop. This process has really made me see how intricate life is, made me realized that there are also limitations to ivf and all the treatments, and often it's up to nature. i mean, how the cells develop is really nothing within man's control. Thanks everyone for listening ear! :)
Hugs! Jiayou!! Ttc via ivf is stage by stage crossing hurdle...hope it be better next round or best is naturally strike!

Who is yr doc at kkh?

I got a friend who went thr 5 ivf but not successful. She got pregnant naturally in the end. I believe it's 上天安排for u to have the baby. Let's jiayou together! Our time will be here!

Thanks for sharing. At least your embryos are of good grade. Mine are just average with 2 and the other one under observation. Actually quite worried if the embryos will survive after thawing.

Did your doc share why our progesterone level is high? So your doc advised u to do a fet instead of fresh transfer?

Yes, it's because I was started on the suppression drugs (usually it's lucrin/suprefact/cetrotide) too late - only started on d10 of my cycle. By which time I had an lh surge which caused progesterone to be too high on ER day. Doc didn't want to do fresh as the lining would be too mature and out of sync with embryos.

Not sure about your case, whether it's the same reason.

Ribbonz, cry it out and allow yourself to grieve. Actually my first cycle was similar to your. Nothing was transferred as embryo multiplied abnormally. The Dr the other time told me its egg quality issue. During your review ask the doc if he can include any medication to improve quality in the next cycle. Also, if u are not seeing TCM, maybe can consider seeing to boost health since some pple say TCM can help improve quality. For me I went TCM and change of protocol from short to long, at least I am now in tww.

Ya o n g is like that. They r too swarmed.if not u can try making appt at Thomson fertility center to see Dr Loh. The nurses there more efficient n better

i have called o&g again today, the recep said already submit my request for appointment to the nurse, but its end of the day again and no call again from them. Haiz

I also call the Thomson fertility centre, i wanted to do intralipid. But the way she handle is so courteous and calm. Saying sorry she cant make appointment for me thru fertility clinic on her side because only O&G clinic does intralipid. She gave me Dr Loh email and also O&G email and ask me try to email them. Which i already did. Haiyoh want to do treatment and somemore must pay also so difficult. And not even done yet so difficult to reach them. Just give me an appointment also SO DIFFICULT. HELPPPPPPPPP........

Back