IVF/ICSI Support Group

Please ignore my post if you're not a pantung person :)

I have a few invites coming up (baby's one year birthday parties). I have explained to them I won't go. But i can still give angpao right?

Please ignore my post if you're not a pantung person :)

I have a few invites coming up (baby's one year birthday parties). I have explained to them I won't go. But i can still give angpao right?
Should be able to ba. But... Gg ask friends to pass to them?

@Faith-bb and @redvel , so what food or supplement do you recommend after ET?

Also congrats to faith bb. :)
Thanks.. :)

I had the following

- folic acid
- durians (occasionally)
- longan, red dates, wolf berry drink
- 1 bottled chicken essence (daily)
- self-brew weekly
- Brazil nuts
- red bean soup every alternate day for first week aft ET

That's all I think
:p

Sisters, I've just had my fet ytd. Wanna start chicken essence but realise mine has cordyceps in it.. izzit safe to take cordyceps now?

So funny. Got my report but it's only pictures of my embryos without the grading. How would I know how to interpret... Hmm

And since I'm with kkh, I also won't be informed of the status of my remaining embies or how many can make it to frozen. Was told to take the report on my BT day. But I'm sure the report is ready. Just a matter of whether I wanna make a separate trip down. Anyway I'm not in hurry to know.

Hmm they just pass me the report no explanation
Hi Janices, you might want to check out this website.
http://www.advancedfertility.com/embryoquality.htm
But note that the grading is slightly different from what we use in Singapore. But don't worry so much on the grading. The dr will not proceed with ET if they do not see potential in the growth of the embies. Just rest and relax. Don't worry too much. All will be well. Just take care of your body during this 2ww. :)

Haha in that case private at least sends a report. Does government ones even do that?

Yup anyway doesn't matter. Trust your doc

When you collect you report, you can ask them and they will tell if not they won't tell you de..
Cos it's the counter who pass it to me not the embryologist. I had pass the report to my own centre so I can ask her instead :)

Btw anyone know wafts the difference between culture and ICIS? I know what is ICIS but how Abt culture? TFC charged us $2800 for culture and today another $1k+ for ICIS

Culture is blastocyst culture. You have 2 on culture I remember.

ICSI is when embryologist picks the good looking sperm and injects into your eggs.

These are so called value added services which are chargeable.

Hi Ladies.. Just to share... found one tea that can help on your ET in 2ww for Embryo to stick to your Uterine Lining...
'Red Raspberry Leaf Tea has become one of the most popular herbal “fertility teas” that women are using to help aid in fertility. The red raspberry leaf is the green leaf that is found on the raspberry plant. It has been used for thousands of years and is a popular herbal treatment for fertility and can help with various problems throughout pregnancy. The relaxation effect of red raspberry leaves on the uterine muscles may work to help prevent early miscarriage and to assist early embryos in attaching to the uterine wall. It is also one of the main herbs that is considered safe in most cases to use during pregnancy in preparation for labor.
It is also one of the main herbs that is considered safe in most cases to use during pregnancy in preparation for labor."

Culture is blastocyst culture. You have 2 on culture I remember.

ICSI is when embryologist picks the good looking sperm and injects into your eggs.

These are so called value added services which are chargeable.
Hmm this culture cost was charge upon my discharge from my ER so they have yet to know whether there will be a blastocyst culture. I suspect I'll have to pay another sum for the other 2 which are still in incubator.

I already expected ICIS because I had ICIS right from the beginning of my ivf journey, since 1st cycle.

Hi Ladies.. Just to share... found one tea that can help on your ET in 2ww for Embryo to stick to your Uterine Lining...
'Red Raspberry Leaf Tea has become one of the most popular herbal “fertility teas” that women are using to help aid in fertility. The red raspberry leaf is the green leaf that is found on the raspberry plant. It has been used for thousands of years and is a popular herbal treatment for fertility and can help with various problems throughout pregnancy. The relaxation effect of red raspberry leaves on the uterine muscles may work to help prevent early miscarriage and to assist early embryos in attaching to the uterine wall. It is also one of the main herbs that is considered safe in most cases to use during pregnancy in preparation for labor.
It is also one of the main herbs that is considered safe in most cases to use during pregnancy in preparation for labor."
hi pupnui, I tot I previously read that this cannot be taken during 2ww...I always stopped after ovulation. I tot I read it will cause contractions if preg as it tones the lining...

hi pupnui, I tot I previously read that this cannot be taken during 2ww...I always stopped after ovulation. I tot I read it will cause contractions if preg as it tones the lining...

@lainelaine... if this is a case they will not recommend and sell the tea...
This can be take during 2ww de..
Anyway this is just for sharing...

any sisters hv any gd news to share here lately?

juz now was watching this program on cable channel eve "making room for multiples".
a very sad case of this woman whose hub died in an car accident after they were married for 2yrs.
the wife asked the doc to retrieve her hub troopers cos it had always bn their dream to start their own family.
and her journey was tough since she had to do it all by herself.
it took her 4yrs & 10 IVF attempts but i think e wait was worth it.
God gave her quadruplets (think wont happen in SG context haha) - 2 boys & 2 gals, each a piece of her hub.
her courage & perseverance is so admirable...
really happy that she has bn blessed with 4 bundles of joy even though God took the love of her life away...
so once again sisters, lets keep the faith going

Need some advice here ladies.. failed my fresh cycle last month and had my menses on 1 Aug.. however, my menses seem to be super long and heavy for first few days and has been spotting all the way until even today! it has been 2 weeks! These 2 days.. the bleeding starts to get more and got bright red again.... has anyone experienced this before??

Need some advice here ladies.. failed my fresh cycle last month and had my menses on 1 Aug.. however, my menses seem to be super long and heavy for first few days and has been spotting all the way until even today! it has been 2 weeks! These 2 days.. the bleeding starts to get more and got bright red again.... has anyone experienced this before??
think you maybe get in contact with the doctor or call up the nurse to check..my menses is back to normal after 3 cycles after the proc. the 1st two cycle just the arriving date got a bit haywire

any sisters hv any gd news to share here lately?

juz now was watching this program on cable channel eve "making room for multiples".
a very sad case of this woman whose hub died in an car accident after they were married for 2yrs.
the wife asked the doc to retrieve her hub troopers cos it had always bn their dream to start their own family.
and her journey was tough since she had to do it all by herself.
it took her 4yrs & 10 IVF attempts but i think e wait was worth it.
God gave her quadruplets (think wont happen in SG context haha) - 2 boys & 2 gals, each a piece of her hub.
her courage & perseverance is so admirable...
really happy that she has bn blessed with 4 bundles of joy even though God took the love of her life away...
so once again sisters, lets keep the faith going

This is so touching and we should keep going.

Don't think I have that perseverance. Nor courage. Her determination is surely commendable. I guess as the saying goes good things come to those who wait!

well, thanks for all e ideas on where to get brazil nuts...
juz ordered brazil nuts from iherb among other supplements...
initially thought of starting IVF in sept but think will prob start 2-3 mths later at e end of yr to prep my body prior to treatments :)
juz curious, do other sisters here also prep ur body first or jump right in? haha
not saying those who prep first sure tio & likewise, those who dont, wont...
juz speaking for myself only... cos we'll be having only 1 fresh cycle so juz wanna do my best & well, at least i know i tried lah :)

well, thanks for all e ideas on where to get brazil nuts...
juz ordered brazil nuts from iherb among other supplements...
initially thought of starting IVF in sept but think will prob start 2-3 mths later at e end of yr to prep my body prior to treatments :)

Its good to rest and strenghten your body for your next battle. Jia you.

Btw, for sisters taking supplements, can i ask if u take all supplements (for the first time) one shot or intro them day by day??
i hv ordered like 5 diff supplements (haha) and not sure if i shd do it gradually or all together on the same day but diff timings?
any advice will be much appreciated :)

dramaqueenie, for normal supps shld be ok to take all at one go, altho if you hv the time then intro one by one is always better to allow body to adjust.

it is recommended to phase out the supps oer the day ( say 2 in morn, 2 in afrernoon etc). but i am too lazy so i take them all at one go with my morning coffee :)

Dramaqueenie I think it's great you're having good prep work prior to your ivf. Ivf is a very demanding journey. It took me a long time to convince myself and more so my hubby before we decided to embark on it. So you're a very smart gal :)

If I were really serious, I would have done a body detox before my ivf. Haha but I don't have the patient la. For me my doc and sinseh also puzzled why I still didn't get bfp as I'm generally quite healthy and i hardly fall sick. To be honest, I think ivf or even just ttc is all about stress free and timing. Maybe my time is not here yet.

I think don't need to go through extreme measures but I believe staying active (exercise) and eating healthy play an important part. If you believe in tcm, let her help you for 2-3 months. The rest just take daily supps and keep our mind healthy and the good things will eventually come.

Oh Ron i thought we should not mix caffeine with supps? I will keep 2 hrs apart if I have to drink one. My sinseh and doc told me so.

Haha I was lazy last time too. When we first go to our tcm, she was commenting we were the only couple she had seen so far who were so lazy and bo chap. We only started ttc-ing after 10 years of marriage of course trying naturally first for the 1st 10 years. Never thot of ivf so extreme. Went thru 6-7 times of iui and a so-iui, MC twice and I finally told hub why don't we try ivf? At least we tried and will not regret when we grow old since we had tried. Hub was ok as long as I'm ok since it will be a tough journey. My first fresh was with kkh, not preparing anything or take anything except tcm. Couldn't find this forum until I bfn.

Decided to go private CARE though much more ex. Logic? I go 1 time CARE with much higher chance than go kkh many times. Cost may be higher and more suffering and takes longer time. Cos CARE expenses higher and it was my 2nd fresh, highly active in the forum & very determine, I was very extreme. Avoiding all the NO NO food, taking all the supps, doing all that I could. BFP with my girl but after that cannot go back to the past of what I had done. Now doing and eating all the NO NO :p

Only avoid my daily milk tea during my stim. But the day after my ER, knowing no ET for me, hub started buying it for me everyday again haha... Difficult to go back to what I had done. I do not have good experience in public hospital, the worst was at SGH!!!!

redvel, yes you are right - shldnt mix w caffiene. but i too don't hv the strength of the past to follow and avoid this round.

janices, ahh. we got there at 10am so wld hv missed each other. You said dr paul wasnt around, so who did your eR?

redvel, yes you are right - shldnt mix w caffiene. but i too don't hv the strength of the past to follow and avoid this round.

janices, ahh. we got there at 10am so wld hv missed each other. You said dr paul wasnt around, so who did your eR?
Eunice Chua. Angela said both paul n Eunice are good at egg collection. The thing I like about Eunice is that she is very friendly, will tell me what happen and what she will do. At least make me feel at ease. She actually chit chat with me while waiting for the anesthetist to come. Actually Eunice deliver for me cos that time paul also not around and I had an emergency csect done by her. Maybe we really got 'yuan' hor?

Back