IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi sisters... a quick qn... sorry may i know what kind of multi vits or supplements are good for a guy's swimmers in terms of improving quality? What brand?

Hi sisters... a quick qn... sorry may i know what kind of multi vits or supplements are good for a guy's swimmers in terms of improving quality? What brand?
My hub takes immuvital n coq10. Tomatoes is good too. Tcm advised him to take coconut, dragon fruits, watermelon as well.

Oops keep forgetting you're not doing ET so soon.

So now are you gonna freeze the eggs or let fertilisation happens then freeze the embies?

Lydia my hubby was recommended coq10, L Carnitine, zinc, walnut.

Lydia, carnitine is a compound in our body essential for transporting fatty acids. L Carnitine is recommended as it is biologically active and it helps to boost the heart and improve fertility and sperm quality. Your man can consume it but not the lady.

I usually get all my vits from GNC or USA drug site.

Last edited:
Just had my ET at KKH.
The nurse kept pressing on my pelvic area with the ultrasound stick.
Bladder almost burst.
ET was almost an hour after the scheduled reporting time. Luckily I drank water half hour before scheduled time and not an hour before. If not, sure have to go toilet before the ET and wait for bladder to be full again.
The queue at the pharmacy is so long.... I'm still waiting.... Haiz...

Lydia, carnitine is a compound in our body essential for transporting fatty acids. L Carnitine is recommended as it is biologically active and it helps to boost the heart and improve fertility and sperm quality. Your man can consume it but not the lady.

I usually get all my vits from GNC or USA drug site.
Thank you very much redvel for the info.

Just had my ET at KKH.
The nurse kept pressing on my pelvic area with the ultrasound stick.
Bladder almost burst.
ET was almost an hour after the scheduled reporting time. Luckily I drank water half hour before scheduled time and not an hour before. If not, sure have to go toilet before the ET and wait for bladder to be full again.
The queue at the pharmacy is so long.... I'm still waiting.... Haiz...
Ya. Think need to press down so gynae can find the most ideal place to place the embryo. Hee..

Jus sit and wait , don't wait around.
Then go hm rest okay?

Stay relaxed and don't think so much..

:)

One sister wrote about her experience in NUH. Apparently, there is more time to rest for both egg collection and transfer. Quite different as compared to KKH.

Yup different hospital different protocol. Go with one that one is comfortable with.

Irisy so transfered 2 day3?

I beg to differ regarding no cycling.. I've asked gynaes (Dr Tan from WC Cheng @ TMC and Dr THH from KKH) and TCM (EYS and TSB) if cycling is bad for men.. They all say no.. It's not scientifically proven.. Both TCM suggested to have cold shower the moment DH reaches home to cool down the body temperature..

Can i know what's the reason for no cycling? Ok my man doesn't cycle anyway. But i have guy friends who cycle regularly and have bundle of children :)

Can i know what's the reason for no cycling? Ok my man doesn't cycle anyway. But i have guy friends who cycle regularly and have bundle of children :)
Some people feel that cycling press on the testi.. So will kill the sperm.. My DH's an avid cyclist.. And we have friends who cycles more than him and still popping babies.. DH's sperm issue is not due to cycling.. So I didnt force him to stop.. Let him be.. A happy man is good for his troopers too.. :D

To me any sports is good rather than lazing. :p Exercise has been proven to do all of us good.
Agree.. But I super lazy bum.. I'd rather sleep than go cycling with him on Sat mornings.. Too early liao la.. Rather.. I try to make it a point to walk home from office in the evening.. Unless weather forbids.. hehe..

Congrats to all for ER and ET!

Can I check,tsb have me some herbs for FET. After FET failed now,can I start taking the same herbs? Or must I stop and get new herbs from her ah? My appt quite late in the month and I thought to start taking herbs ASAP again. Anyone knows?? Thanks!

Congrats to all for ER and ET!

Can I check,tsb have me some herbs for FET. After FET failed now,can I start taking the same herbs? Or must I stop and get new herbs from her ah? My appt quite late in the month and I thought to start taking herbs ASAP again. Anyone knows?? Thanks!
That time when my fresh failed.. and I still have a pack of herbs.. she told me to drink the herbs BUT dont put the powder.. The powder keep it aside first.. Can use at the next cycle..

Alternatively.. U can call the clinic.. Tell them u failed the FET.. They might be able to squeeze in an earlier timiing for you..

Hi sisters, gg for my day surgery tmr. Gotta start fasting by midnight.
Praying all goes well.

@redvel, brazil nuts can take 4? Cos i recently read that while e selenium in brazil nuts has e highest concentration n aids in implantation but too much of selenium is likewise a bad thing. Apparently even 1 brazil nut is more than sufficed to meet e daily requirement.

Irisy i think you don't need frosties :)

Dramaqueenie this is your first ivf right? Enjoy the process. *wink* How many eggs are you yielding?

The internet has 1001 things that we "can't eat". And sometimes my FB also flashes things like "10 foods you shouldn't touch". Haha too many la. Read them with a pinch of salt. I have been taking brazil nuts for years as snacks or on my cereal. I feel totally fine.

Oops keep forgetting you're not doing ET so soon.

So now are you gonna freeze the eggs or let fertilisation happens then freeze the embies?

Lydia my hubby was recommended coq10, L Carnitine, zinc, walnut.
Yep fertilized then freeze. Next cycle see if polyp gone else do D&C. Will do FET in oct ba...

ImageUploadedByForum1407755589.063984.jpg

My first ivf trigger shot was cd12. Current ivf trigger shot was cd11. First trigger shot my largest eggie was 20mm i think. This one is 18mm.

It will depend on how many eggs/sizes you have.

Which day of stim are you on now?

My first trigger shot was CD14.
Scan on CD12 - biggest 16.5mm only. The rest all smaller than 15mm. So took 2 more days of jabs to grow them bigger.
CD14 - 4 follicles bigger than 16mm. Largest at 19.5mm. The other 5 or 6 follicles didn't really grow since CD12

Hi mommies
Can share what supplements you ladies are taking while ttc?
Also any1 here trying for #2 ivf baby? =)
Trying for #1 here. :)
I took royal jelly with COq10, folic acid, vitamin C daily for 6months prior to ivf.
During stimulation, royal jelly with coq10 and conceive well gold.
After ET, conceive well gold and vitamin E.

Hi mommies
Can share what supplements you ladies are taking while ttc?
Also any1 here trying for #2 ivf baby? =)
Took protein shake twice a day. During stmi, took up to 3 times a day.
Other than that, folic acid and vit c.

Aft ET, continue with protein shake once a day, red dates drink (if this consider as supplement. Haa), chicken essence daily too. :p

Took protein shake twice a day. During stmi, took up to 3 times a day.
Other than that, folic acid and vit c.

Aft ET, continue with protein shake once a day, red dates drink (if this consider as supplement. Haa), chicken essence daily too. :p
faith-bb, what kind of protein shake r u taking? My follicles r growing too slow...abit worried. :(

Does anyone hav leftover immunocal u wanna sell? Jus realised I dun hav enuff to last till er...with the slow growth, I will need 2pkts a day liao :(

Back