IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi faith-bb, how do u find Dr Zou? Did u bfp that time when u went for accu under Dr Zou? I am thinking if i shld go for accu in my next cycle... n switch from tsb to Dr Zou... any ladies can help me do a comparison between the 2 tcm docs?
Yup..
Bfp though can't be sure due to what
Went endo scratching
Went acc after ET
Stay zen
Had long protocol

I used to be under Dr Zou when trying to conceive naturally
But stress I suppose, with the bbt taking, regular acc

This time only visit her after ET and acc twice

Aft BFP, went back to her to get "an tai Yao" (powder).

Miracle I've left kkh half hr ago. I wish you all the best in your ER.

My ET was done at 8am. First patient. Out of 18 eggs, 8 are fertilised at grade 3 and above. 2 grade3 will be frozen (from ivf) 3 grade4 will also be frozen (from icsi). So I will have 5 frosties. But whether they can make it to freeze will depend on their development this afternoon. Embryologist will monitor this afternoon.

I had 3 grade4 transfered to me. Dr prescribed me aspirin (last round didn't have) to help blood flow to the womb.

My ET was done at 8am. First patient. Out of 18 eggs, 8 are fertilised at grade 3 and above. 2 grade3 will be frozen (from ivf) 3 grade4 will also be frozen (from icsi). So I will have 5 frosties. But whether they can make it to freeze will depend on their development this afternoon. Embryologist will monitor this afternoon.

I had 3 grade4 transfered to me. Dr prescribed me aspirin (last round didn't have) to help blood flow to the womb.
Nice!
Do rest and don't move too much.
Can consider to take red bean soup and chix essence hor

Other than red dates, wolf berry n longan drink

I went to dr zou after failing my 1st fresh. after about slightly more than 2mths of accu + med, i had my lo under natural FET. thereafter continued with her med for most of my 1st trim. was trying to 2nd one since last yr but no news and while waiting to start for 2nd fresh, i went back to dr zou and started the whole accu + med again. with luck, i am now in my mid 2nd trim. i am very grateful & thankful as i am already past 40. i must say her works works on me. having said, it's really how individual body react to tcm. i wish all you ladies here be strong and may the day of becoming a mommy come very soon!

Thanks Faith. I shall do that.

Night before, me and hubby discussed that we don't want to risk triplet. Who said to me may have to kill one? A turmoil thinking about that. So we thought we should stick to 2.

Just now was in discussion with Dr. She said my age, definitely unlikely 3 will stick. Even 2 is a stretch. With that, we decide on 3.

Night before, me and hubby discussed that we don't want to risk triplet. Who said to me may have to kill one? A turmoil thinking about that. So we thought we should stick to 2.

Just now was in discussion with Dr. She said my age, definitely unlikely 3 will stick. Even 2 is a stretch. With that, we decide on 3.
If really triplet, it's triple fold blessing..

Don't think n worry so much.
Stay zen and rest!

Go do what you will most wish to do and keep your mind occupied. So won't be over focus on 2ww.

Hi hi Redvel. ..

All the best to your ET !!!
That's very good quality eggs.... just relax eat well and still relax. ...

Aspirin is good for blood flow cos it thinners the blood...but if u encounter spotting ... maybe you shd ask doctor if shd continue cos I had aspirin last round ... and my gynae stopped me eating ..then bleeding reduce...

So ...rest well ah...don't move too much.... I am gg for my ER soon.... hee

Hi hi Redvel. ..

All the best to your ET !!!
That's very good quality eggs.... just relax eat well and still relax. ...

Aspirin is good for blood flow cos it thinners the blood...but if u encounter spotting ... maybe you shd ask doctor if shd continue cos I had aspirin last round ... and my gynae stopped me eating ..then bleeding reduce...

So ...rest well ah...don't move too much.... I am gg for my ER soon.... hee
Miracle, rem to rest after ER.
Take more isotonic drink too...

Congrats on ur ET and best of luck!
May i know how old are u if u don't mind to share?
If abv 37, can trf 3 & yet wont hv high risk of having twins or triplets??
Any idea how e eggs were graded? On a scale of 1-5? And 5 being the best??
Did u buy the neonatal insurance? Can share how much u need to pay?
TIA :)

Last edited:
Faith, what happens next will be in the hands of the mighty one (whichever the religion):)

Miracle, indeed the nurse gone thru with me the possible side effects of aspirin. Must go hospital if I get rashes and nausea and spotting etc.

Hear of your update soon.

Thanks dramaqueenie. Me 42. From my Dr experience, she feels quite safe I go for 3 d2 embies.

I'm not very sure how the grading is derived but I do know Kkh grades them 1-5. 5 being the best. Anything 2 and below, they won't do transfer. Not sure about other hospitals.

Yes the neonatal insurance is a must. And i agree we should be insured. 2 embies cost only 200 ish. 3 embies is 900ish.

@redvel, btw, ur eggs are of very gd grades. May i know if u take any special supplements to improve egg quality etc.

U manage to BFP previously ya... have a gd feeling abt u. Hope to catch ur baby dust soon. :)

Are u sisters on FB?

I generally eat pretty healthy. Low salt low sugar. Seldom touch junk food. Don't eat red meat. But occasionally I can't resist cakes. But carbo is my biggest weakness :p Supps wise i take Biomin, topped with folic, royal jelly, evening primrose, DHA, and of course calcium for my aging bones!

Having said that, sometimes good grades embies also don't stick. Contrary, some have lower grade embies transfered and they got bfp. So anything is possible lor. These numbers are no guarantee.

In any way, we all keep positive mind.

All the best Redvel. I just went for my scan, have 1 that's ready but 4 others not ready yet. After tmr's scan then will decide whether can do ER on mon or tues. I've also another 4 more but behind my ovary which doc says might not be able to retrieve :/ meaning I'm going to waste those 4 which I already don't have many

janices, dun be too sad. Lets see tmr's scan first? Meanwhile load as much protein as possible :) im oso scared of next wk, gg for my first scan after starting stim. Haiz..endless worries for us...

pepper, hope its not too serious. What is deep vein thrombosis? Got danger to bb? Most impt is bb is safe. Take care!

Thank you Hope42014 and janices.

Pardon my limited knowledge but is this "eggs behind ovary" a common thing? So there's no way to retrieve them?

Faith, what happens next will be in the hands of the mighty one (whichever the religion):)

Miracle, indeed the nurse gone thru with me the possible side effects of aspirin. Must go hospital if I get rashes and nausea and spotting etc.

Hear of your update soon.

Thank you Faith .... have been drinking .... so painful....

Hello Redvel.... I also don't know how...in the end left 3 eggs only retrieved ..... I just pray that all can fertilised .... if not .... I don't know how liao......
Do u feel very pain and bloated ? I feel very pain and bloated.... sigh don't know tmr can go ndp or not...haha

All the best Redvel. I just went for my scan, have 1 that's ready but 4 others not ready yet. After tmr's scan then will decide whether can do ER on mon or tues. I've also another 4 more but behind my ovary which doc says might not be able to retrieve :/ meaning I'm going to waste those 4 which I already don't have many

Janices. ...don't be sad or worry .... I also worry a lot but then ... we can't control this... I also don't have much ...only 3 retrieved. ... u relax ah...

Miracle aiyo you feel pain still wanna go NDP? Haha.

I had more discomfort the last round than this current ER. This round I recover very fast than the last. Just a little bloat n cramp which I don't feel them anymore last night. Your pain is crampy pain? When's your ET? And maybe pop some painkiller? Hope you will feel better by tomorrow and all 3 eggies get to meet the soldiers nicely.

Redvel...haha...yeah hoped tmr will get better....actually is bloated and cramp .... hopefully pain go off tmr...
Yah crampy pain.....

My ET is on monday....

Yeah I hoped my eggs will hang on.... hopefully there's chance for ET ....haha

Thanks thanks... Hopefully tmr's scan is ok and doc able to retrieve those behind the uterus as well.

Redvel, not sure if it's common but need to retrieve from below (think through the womb) or from the tummy. Risk will be injuring the womb or bowel which will cause infection. Doc will not retrieve from tummy cos mine are below the intestines

Hi Miracle, hope u r feeling better already. My ET is also scheduled on Monday. I guess urs will be before mine again. See you then. :)

Yup..
Bfp though can't be sure due to what
Went endo scratching
Went acc after ET
Stay zen
Had long protocol

I used to be under Dr Zou when trying to conceive naturally
But stress I suppose, with the bbt taking, regular acc

This time only visit her after ET and acc twice

Aft BFP, went back to her to get "an tai Yao" (powder).
Hi faith-bb, what is long protocol? I saw this term being used frequently but i hv no idea what it is. I also saw before the term "short protocol". What is the difference? I am not sure whether i am on long protocol or short one.

I did endo scratch and tot it would give me higher chances, bit sadly no. Sigh... guess i hv to do accu next time. I am kinda afraid to do accu de... so it nv came across my mind. How long is the accu session? Shld not feel anything right?

Hope all is good with your scan today Janices.

Irisy good luck on monday ET.

Miracle are you feeling better for NDP tonight?

ER was Friday. Since KKH is not opened on Sunday, the ET has to be a 3rd day transfer.
So hopefully at least 2 of the 4 can be fertilised and survive till day 3 for the transfer. Fingers crossed!!!

Hi Miracle, hope u r feeling better already. My ET is also scheduled on Monday. I guess urs will be before mine again. See you then. :)

Hello Irisy. ..

Yeah mine is 11 15 so guess urs is 1130 ? Good luck to both of us ah ...heee...... I also not much egg..hopefully at least 2 survives...

Praying so hard...but hor my right top eyelid kept twitching ...alamak ..it's bad omen...

Redvel ..yeah am feeling much better...but still bloated leh...

But i will still go for the ndp if not my hb and son will be very disappointed. .. keke

Alamak. Don't take it as a bad omen. No such things. It's just a sign of stress or not enough sleep or deficiency in certain vitamins. Enjoy your day out with your hb and son! Bring an umbrella. It's gonna be hot.

My ET is at 12noon. I guess Dr Tan might have some appointment in between.
Good luck to us!!

Alamak. Don't take it as a bad omen. No such things. It's just a sign of stress or not enough sleep or deficiency in certain vitamins. Enjoy your day out with your hb and son! Bring an umbrella. It's gonna be hot.

My ET is at 12noon. I guess Dr Tan might have some appointment in between.
Good luck to us!!

Hee I really am praying hard and hoped no such things ah...Praying for the best...

Going to enjoy the ndp today...

Thanks a lot for ur wise words it relax me lots...

Good luck to us ☺ see you on Monday ....ya....

Hi faith-bb, what is long protocol? I saw this term being used frequently but i hv no idea what it is. I also saw before the term "short protocol". What is the difference? I am not sure whether i am on long protocol or short one.

I did endo scratch and tot it would give me higher chances, bit sadly no. Sigh... guess i hv to do accu next time. I am kinda afraid to do accu de... so it nv came across my mind. How long is the accu session? Shld not feel anything right?
Long protocol or agonist protocol will cross over 2 cycles. around cd21 of the 1st cycle, you start the suppression jabs (eg lupron, lucrin, suprafact, etc) to quieten the hormones in to prepare the body for stimulation in the nxt cycle. After menses, you will start the stimulation jabs. Long protocol hopes that the quietened hormones will allow the follicles to be stimulated more evenly.

Short protocol eliminates the supressions. Around cd2 (or cd3 for some), the stimulation jabs start. no suppression period required.

Which is better? which is more successful? in the end it depends on a woman-s body. Some respond better to one instead of another. some have same response to both.

hope this helps.

Long protocol or agonist protocol will cross over 2 cycles. around cd21 of the 1st cycle, you start the suppression jabs (eg lupron, lucrin, suprafact, etc) to quieten the hormones in to prepare the body for stimulation in the nxt cycle. After menses, you will start the stimulation jabs. Long protocol hopes that the quietened hormones will allow the follicles to be stimulated more evenly.

Short protocol eliminates the supressions. Around cd2 (or cd3 for some), the stimulation jabs start. no suppression period required.

Which is better? which is more successful? in the end it depends on a woman-s body. Some respond better to one instead of another. some have same response to both.

hope this helps.
Hi ron8129, thank u v much for ur explanation. I think mine is short protocol becos it was over one cycle only.

Scan was good. Have 3 already at 23-25mm n I think another 6 (?) still at 12mm. The good news is the left side eggs hiding behind seems to move out already so possibility of retrieving is high. Monday will be my ER :)
Congrats, janices! All the best to ur er! :)

My aunt cooked pig stomach soup prior to my et. For me it's disgusting as i don't take red meat nor innards. But i drank them all for goodness sake. It helps to warm the womb.

So drink some before ET if one can take it.

Morning faith. NDP was staying home n rest. I watched the first performance segment on TV and then switched channel. It wasn't interesting -_- . And suddenly felt emo when I saw our LKY is now extremely frail :(

Ya... That scene is so emotional...
Full of gratitude for him yet seeing him so frail, makes one sad.

:(

Oh ya.. Rem to take Brazil nuts if u got buy..

Miracle how was your NDP with your family last night? I was there last year but disappointed because i was lookin forward to the female parachute segment. Btw are you still feeling uncomfy?

Yes faith I take 4 brazil nuts daily. Gonna make LRD now.

Yesterday there's one female parachutist I think.

Make red bean soup if can. Heard good for lining.

Haa.. A lot to eat n drink hor..

My lining is quite alright already. Was 8 mm during trigger....had red bean soup 4 x during stim.

Oh I also bought prune juice. One of the nasty things to get is constipation during 2ww!

Back