IVF/ICSI Support Group

Kumyin many many thanks. At least I roughly knw the days I have to be away from work. Gonal f must start on d2 is it. Coz monday might be my d3 or 4 as I stop nor e tomorrow. Is it ok. Chr never ask me to scan d2. Just say come on 9.

Sisters can I check with u if its ok to dye hair pedicure or rebond during stim phase. Else I must rush coz all got chemicals n dont knw impact on ivf.

Thanks nervous babe n pumpkin pie for the info. Was v useful. Are the jabs with fine needle or fat ones. I dare not self do. Thinking of going gp for jabs. And u knw I am involved in a big project and its launch new yr whereby I think still on mc. Is it really not ok to work after et or still can go alt days but careful in all ways. Will there be any severe pain during tww.

I'm going to seek another beta if I make it until Friday. I have a strong feeling I'm going to m/c after seeing the horrible pee sticks. KKH just told me to go for ultrasound scan next thurs, totally nothing else from them in the 2 weeks meanwhile. I don't even know what's going on with my body, KKH didn't even test for progesterone either.. I've also gotten less bloated and boobs stop hurting >< !!!!!! Can't believe made it so far only to come to this!!

We barely get to see our doc at KKH, just 5 min consultation, then everything handled like conveyor belt system by nurses, then u see ur doc in the ER for 5 min before u pass out, then. 15 min during the ET, etc etc

I think my and hubby going to private next round. Not that the doc isn't good, I have a lot of respect for her and all the hours she works, but we feel that we can benefit from more personalized attention to our case, not like conveyor belt like that.

Kumyin many many thanks. At least I roughly knw the days I have to be away from work. Gonal f must start on d2 is it. Coz monday might be my d3 or 4 as I stop nor e tomorrow. Is it ok. Chr never ask me to scan d2. Just say come on 9.

Sisters can I check with u if its ok to dye hair pedicure or rebond during stim phase. Else I must rush coz all got chemicals n dont knw impact on ivf.

I didn't have Nor E prior to stimulation. So you follow what CHR nurses say and just go back on 9th. There is another thread on Nor E with Prof. Maybe you can find some answers from some sisters there :)
Do dye your hair before ER. I regretted not doing so and now I have lots of white hair sticking out and I look so haggard. No point doing pedi/ mani. Got to remove them during ER.

Hey I suggest u go to aa private clinic and get a second opinion and have your bloods checked instead of stressing yourself out. In private they can run any tests that u requestedapart from the necessary ones. At least it can set your heart at ease. Stressing out well only cause more harm. Since you've alr come so far, do whatever you can and not give up hope! All the best!
I'm going to seek another beta if I make it until Friday. I have a strong feeling I'm going to m/c after seeing the horrible pee sticks. KKH just told me to go for ultrasound scan next thurs, totally nothing else from them in the 2 weeks meanwhile. I don't even know what's going on with my body, KKH didn't even test for progesterone either.. I've also gotten less bloated and boobs stop hurting >< !!!!!! Can't believe made it so far only to come to this!!

We barely get to see our doc at KKH, just 5 min consultation, then everything handled like conveyor belt system by nurses, then u see ur doc in the ER for 5 min before u pass out, then. 15 min during the ET, etc etc

I think my and hubby going to private next round. Not that the doc isn't good, I have a lot of respect for her and all the hours she works, but we feel that we can benefit from more personalized attention to our case, not like conveyor belt like that.

Dear sisters, in the bible, God wants us to endure 'trials and tribulations', as part of our journey as a believer, and a test to our faith. But He also said he will not give us anything too much for us to bear. And when I think about this, I find it's true. Though I always think I can't handle anymore, but somehow, I will be ok and in the process I do grow a bit stronger. There are times I am angry with God, and question why me, but I keep praying for trust and acceptance with His plans for me. I do not know how many more cycles I can handle, but I will just take each cycle as they come and keep trusting in HIM and praying for a miracle soon. I will be praying for each and every sister here in our journey.

As to my views on IVF being against nature, I have also discussed this with hubby last time. Eventually, we believe that God is the one who brought IVF into discovery, as a help to those who need it, just as he has led scientists to the discovery of cure for some diseases. And ultimately, it is only God who can create an implantation. So I see IVF as God's help for us, and that through continued faith in Him, we will succeed.
Yes, only Good things come from God.
Just set your eyes on Jesus and what He promise will fulfilled.
Remember He said Children are the blessings of God, the fruit of Our (include mine) womb is His Reward!
Amen Sisters.
It may not be easy or smooth journey, but we can talk to Him, some more all the sisters here are so encourging :)

I'm going to seek anotta if I make it until Friday. I have a strong feeling I'm going to m/c after seeing the horrible pee sticks. KKH just told me to go for ultrasound scan next thurs, totally nothing else from them in the 2 weeks meanwhile. I don't even know what's going on with my body, KKH didn't even test for progesterone either.. I've also gotten less bloated and boobs stop hurting >< !!!!!! Can't believe made it so far only to come to this!!

U can also email ur doctor. Tell her bout ur beta results and ur worries. See what she say.

@pinkbunny21 hello stop stressing out making you nervous does not help - you have to wait And see hpt are not accurate enough leave it to the ones for whom they work
I would rush into some private hospitalier TMC or gleneagles to get 3rd BT and Thats it
Also remember too many endoscan not good take care

Thanks nervous babe n pumpkin pie for the info. Was v useful. Are the jabs with fine needle or fat ones. I dare not self do. Thinking of going gp for jabs. And u knw I am involved in a big project and its launch new yr whereby I think still on mc. Is it really not ok to work after et or still can go alt days but careful in all ways. Will there be any severe pain during tww.

Hi mesara, the needles are super fine. So dont be scared. It feels like a very mild ant bite. I would recommend that you do the jab yourself as you will know better in case you accidentally hit the vein, which could be quite painful. If you did, you just have to take out the needle and poke at the other area. Basically, you just need to pinch the skin near your belly button, say the width of 2 fingers away and jab there.

Attachments

• IVF injection.pdf
    99.8 KB · Views: 601
Hey ladies, chanced upon this forum and a lady by the name of Hadley was sharing her experience... she had 2 successful IVFs!
Tot u might want to read it for leisure.
Noted point #7 - she mentioned taking Ibruprofen and Valium before & after ET to relax the uterus. Anyone has ever been prescribed these by your doc? Will ask my doc abt it when I see him end of this month.

http://www.fertileheart.com/forum/topic.php?id=3570

Masara the needles are very fine. Is normal to feel scare, but once u tried the first jab u will know it is ok, u can do it. I did the jab myself so I have better control. Gona f is the easiest to jab among all. The rest gt to mix , the nurse will teach u. Everything will be fine, the nurses at CHR is very gd, u are in gd hand. Good luck

Thanks honeycombbe and nervous babe. Looking forward and yet anxious n scared abt ivf. Af gonna report soon with vengence. Super sore.boobs n cramps. Wonder if nor e played a part.

Hey ladies, chanced upon this forum and a lady by the name of Hadley was sharing her experience... she had 2 successful IVFs!
Tot u might want to read it for leisure.
Noted point #7 - she mentioned taking Ibruprofen and Valium before & after ET to relax the uterus. Anyone has ever been prescribed these by your doc? Will ask my doc abt it when I see him end of this month.

http://www.fertileheart.com/forum/topic.php?id=3570
Babygrin I didnt know ibuprofen had so much power. Its just a normal small orange tablet painkiller and I have loads of it given for af cramps. Glad to hear that its one of the painkillers safe to take after et

Mesara, I googled other ivf forums & seems like these painkillers are widely used by ivf patients but I do see some commenting that doc refused to give them. Btw, u with prof right? U may want to check with him if it is safe to take before & after ET, just to be cautious.

Hi snuggly & hope4bb, I'm in my 2ww too. Today is D7 after ET. No special symptoms yet, starting to get a bit worried. Sinseh said D7 or D8 shld start to feel bloated which represents successful implantation. How I wish I can be bloated now!! Lol. Do you gals have any symptoms?

hello hope4bb and mbbhopeful, are you both on fresh cycle and you did et on Day 3?
I actually did a blastocyst transfer and today is my day 13. My blood test is tomorrow :)
I had slight cramps first couple of days and occasional cramps but no other symptoms. I have a baby from my first fet where i was bleeding the whole of the 2ww.
This time I am spared. So I say, relax, stay happy and do not worry about the symptoms!

Hello snuggly, hope4bb and mbbhopeful, I'm also in my tww. Did a natural fet this cycle. Tdy is 10dp5dt. Bt is on 9th Dec. So far no symptoms or having any bloatedness too.... How abt u gals?

Hello snuggly,
I decided not to jinxed myself and get myself depressed with hpt this time round. Going to stick it out till 9th or as long as possible. Haha.
My last 2 fet I also had no symptoms. This time also Nthg different so in not putting too much hope. :(

xxhazel, you must have quite abit of embryos frozen? Always stay positive, you never know till bhcg. Did you do anything special during this 2ww?

hi ladies, just want to check anyone on long protocol ivf? i was wondering how long of injection before you had your egg retrieval? i was on lurin on day 21 of my menses then 2 weeks later started menopur 300units. during this period, my menses came a 2nd time. but now i am thinking, will i ovulate before ER? as if calculate normally i would have probably ovulate anytime within these 2 days. was worried. my 1st scan after stimulating with menopur 300 units daily is on friday which is already day 23 since my lurin injection (day 13 since last menses).

Wow update us on your BT results! I failed my 1st fresh in Oct n now on natural fet. 7dp2dt. My BT is on 13dec. I'm like craving for symptoms so I can be at ease haha. Meanwhile, I'm just relaxing in this super nice weather!

hi all, I am totally new here. I have been thinking of going the IVF route as I have left concieving to let nature take its course for the past few years and have not got any results. Is anyone willing to share with me how to start and the things to take note? I am thinking of going to a public hospital so that I can get some subsidies. I was told I need to get a referral letter from polyclinic first. Am I right?

I
xxhazel, you must have quite abit of embryos frozen? Always stay positive, you never know till bhcg. Did you do anything special during this 2ww?
continued with my tcm accupuncture but didn't cont with the chinese meds though. And smthng different? I went bk to work instead. Haha the last 2 fet I took 14 days home rest. And I was being very careful, rested a lot n googled myself crazy. This time I feel more relaxed going bk to work n cont with my daily activities but also take things easy. At least I occupy my mind with many other things instead of focusing on symptoms spotting. But on n off I'll also start to feel am I now bloated? My boobs more sore? Am I nausea kinda thing. hahaa but had to quickly focus back to work. Heh

Are u going to do hpt?

I'm really scared. I had 10 frozen blasts. Used 3 the last 2 cycles. This time after we switched Dr the embrologist said the blasts are actually not as good contrary tp what we were told. So on my 3rd fet 5 were thawed, 2 transferred, 2 discarded 1 under observation. Left 2 more frozen which he said if need to better to re start a fresh cycle. I am dreading it.

Babygrin yes am with prof and I will check with him on 9 dec.

Wow so many sisters in tww. All the best to all you of and please spread us loads of babydust

pinkbunny,
How's everything today? Did kk allow you to take another beta or do n early scan to assure all's well? If they don't you can go private clinic. I can recommend you my dr's clinic if you want. Beta results are within 45mins. Praying for you!

good luck to all sisters in tww!

I am not confident I can do natural fet this cycle. Today is CD 15 and no LH surge yet!! I use clearblue fertility monitor which detects estrogen surge prior to LH surge. But I don't even have an estrogen surge yet this cycle. Strange because this cycle I did acupuncture from CD5 2x a week, so thought acu will help. Anyway if by this Friday's scan still no surge, I think abandon liao.

hi blue_dress, i think getting the referral letter means you will see the gynaes at a cheaper rate. This also mean you have to take any gynae they assign to you.
However, I opted to see a specific doctor so need to pay private rates BUT i still enjoy subsidies for my IVF/FET cycle as those are granted by the govt. So long as you meet the eligibility requirements, you should still get your subsidies.
What you should do first is to make a appt to see a doc at KKH, so decide if you can use any doc or prefer to choose one. Hope this helps!

I

continued with my tcm accupuncture but didn't cont with the chinese meds though. And smthng different? I went bk to work instead. Haha the last 2 fet I took 14 days home rest. And I was being very careful, rested a lot n googled myself crazy. This time I feel more relaxed going bk to work n cont with my daily activities but also take things easy. At least I occupy my mind with many other things instead of focusing on symptoms spotting. But on n off I'll also start to feel am I now bloated? My boobs more sore? Am I nausea kinda thing. hahaa but had to quickly focus back to work. Heh

I'm really scared. I had 10 frozen blasts. Used 3 the last 2 cycles. This time after we switched Dr the embrologist said the blasts are actually not as good contrary tp what we were told. So on my 3rd fet 5 were thawed, 2 transferred, 2 discarded 1 under observation. Left 2 more frozen which he said if need to better to re start a fresh cycle. I am dreading it.

Are u going to do hpt?

Did you say 10 blastocysts frozen or do you mean embryos? I am surprised they allowed u to have all developed to blasto to freeze? It's good to work. I did not take off from work too although I did request for HL to cover myself :) Do not think about your next cycle coz you still dunno the results to this one. Hang in there!

I already did my hpt but will wait for BT tmr to confirm :)

Are u going to do hpt?

Did you say 10 blastocysts frozen or do you mean embryos? I am surprised they allowed u to have all developed to blasto to freeze? It's good to work. I did not take off from work too although I did request for HL to cover myself :) Do not think about your next cycle coz you still dunno the results to this one. Hang in there!

I already did my hpt but will wait for BT tmr to confirm :)
Sounds like you've got great news :)
Yah 10 blastocysts. I had 38 eggs retrieved n 34 fertilized. Ohss developed as a result and can't proceed for fresh then.
Hoenestly I told my hubby with the progesterone inserts if I'm preggy then shld at least feel some side effects from the increased progesterone right? And im starting to feel some af cramps. 10dp5dt is 15dpo alr...

This is my 2nd fresh cycle. Beta on 12. I really feel like doing Hpt. But also scare of the disappointment. Beside tummy cramp, I don't hv much symptom. Taking one Brands chicken essence every day. Taking 3-4 Brazil nuts daily. Initially I took 2-3 eggs every day for bout 5 days after ET. But I'm kind of phobia with eggs after that.
Hardly step out from house as I easily get tired when walking for far. My activities during this 2ww is sleep eat sleep eat. Though im counting day til my beta, but still feel nervous for the result.

Sounds like you've got great news :)
Yah 10 blastocysts. I had 38 eggs retrieved n 34 fertilized. Ohss developed as a result and can't proceed for fresh then.
Hoenestly I told my hubby with the progesterone inserts if I'm preggy then shld at least feel some side effects from the increased progesterone right? And im starting to feel some af cramps. 10dp5dt is 15dpo alr...
WAH WAH WAH....10 blasto so lucky! Yah...i tested on 9dp5dt :) I never had patience....it was the same with my first fet. I tested ard 9dp5dt too.
I am a bad example, so you hang in there!

This is my 2nd fresh cycle. Beta on 12. I really feel like doing Hpt. But also scare of the disappointment. Beside tummy cramp, I don't hv much symptom. Taking one Brands chicken essence every day. Taking 3-4 Brazil nuts daily. Initially I took 2-3 eggs every day for bout 5 days after ET. But I'm kind of phobia with eggs after that.
Hardly step out from house as I easily get tired when walking for far. My activities during this 2ww is sleep eat sleep eat. Though im counting day til my beta, but still feel nervous for the result.
hope4bb, eat sleep eat is good! I would love that! I am also drinking chicken essence every day. My last FET, I also drank immunocal. Never did this time round. Let's all have good news to share soon. Jiayou!

WAH WAH WAH....10 blasto so lucky! Yah...i tested on 9dp5dt :) I never had patience....it was the same with my first fet. I tested ard 9dp5dt too.
I am a bad example, so you hang in there!
But last 2 times with blasts also no chance. Im not going to test. Mayb going for early bt. 9th is 14dp5dt it's so long! What made u test? Is it cos u had some symtoms or tell tale signs?

But last 2 times with blasts also no chance. Im not going to test. Mayb going for early bt. 9th is 14dp5dt it's so long! What made u test? Is it cos u had some symtoms or tell tale signs?

Impatience is my only reason.... :p
14dp5dt is nearly 19th day liao...indeed very long!! This time i am having bhcg on 17th day...already very long to me.
My last fet...i had bhcg 12th day after my transfer. And it was not my choice, that was the date given to me by KKH but I had to repeat test 3 days later as HCG did not pass their std 250 yet.

Princess- thanks for asking, today is the same, clear blue peesticks are not darkening at all. I'm just in bed all day, going to wait until Friday then get a BT at KKH again. My pregnancy symptoms seem to have gone away tho, less bloat, boobs not as painful etc. :/ what clinic are you at?

Snuggly- what happen during your last fet? Was it successful?

Hi mesara I am starting cycle in Jan/Feb, long cycle. Also quite worried for it. Now just enjoying my overseas holiday... With alcohol somemore. Have been abstaining every time ivf going to start so better get my fill now haha. How are you?

Hazelnut, how are you doing? Not long til your BT, jiayou, take it easy at work :)

Hope4bb, all the best to you too :) personally I refused to use hpt, if positive, scared it will not last til BT, if negative, super disappointment yet hoping that by some miracle it will be positive during BT.... Yeah but just a personal choice. Take it easy (haha but guess it is easier said than done).

Princess14, yeah like what the others said, mb it is better to see private doc to do blood test if KKH doesn't do. Or are u able to get those kind of HPT that can tell u how many weeks pregnant? I dunno whether that kind of HPT is more accurate? Will pray for u... On the bright side u alr passed 250 mark.

Hi if some sisters can share their long protocol experience, it wld be great. Does the stim only start when ur menses begins? Then what if menses delayed by lucrin wouldn't it be a v long period of injection?

Hi mesara I am starting cycle in Jan/Feb, long cycle. Also quite worried for it. Now just enjoying my overseas holiday... With alcohol somemore. Have been abstaining every time ivf going to start so better get my fill now haha. How are you?

Hazelnut, how are you doing? Not long til your BT, jiayou, take it easy at work :)

Hope4bb, all the best to you too :) personally I refused to use hpt, if positive, scared it will not last til BT, if negative, super disappointment yet hoping that by some miracle it will be positive during BT.... Yeah but just a personal choice. Take it easy (haha but guess it is easier said than done).

Princess14, yeah like what the others said, mb it is better to see private doc to do blood test if KKH doesn't do. Or are u able to get those kind of HPT that can tell u how many weeks pregnant? I dunno whether that kind of HPT is more accurate? Will pray for u... On the bright side u alr passed 250 mark.

Hi if some sisters can share their long protocol experience, it wld be great. Does the stim only start when ur menses begins? Then what if menses delayed by lucrin wouldn't it be a v long period of injection?
Hi mei! I'm still refraining myself from the hpts. Like u say I'm more scared of the disappintment and will keep wishing for a miracle if it's negative. In 10dp5dt tdy and so no symptoms. I've got occasional period cramps n lower back pain on n off. Kept feeling like my period is here and ran to the toilet. But I know my period won't come until I off the utrogestan inserts for a few days. I also found out that folic acid can cause nausea and stomach cramps. I only started taking them this cycle so mayb that explains the cramps n nausea.

Oooh do have lots of fun overseas and soak up all the liberty that u can't do while ivf-ing! :) I'm also going to book for a trip with my hubby soon. Don't care alr come what may. At least can look forward to a good holiday instead of xconstantly planning ard the ivf :)

Princess- thanks for asking, today is the same, clear blue peesticks are not darkening at all. I'm just in bed all day, going to wait until Friday then get a BT at KKH again. My pregnancy symptoms seem to have gone away tho, less bloat, boobs not as painful etc. :/ what clinic are you at?

Snuggly- what happen during your last fet? Was it successful?
hello Pinkbunny, yes my last fet was successful. I have a healthy 20mth old baby boy now. Having him was difficult as I was bleeding throughout my 2ww. Had to return to KKH everyday during my 2ww for support jabs. I thought I had lost him for good.....After 2ww, I was bedridden for nearly 5 mths as i suffered from hyperemesis. So to all the mummies here, do not ever give up!

Snuggly- I also had to retest BT at KKH due to low hcg. But I think levels still low and not rising like it should, so quite worried. My sore boobs have disappeared though.

Hazel- I thought AF was coming before I got my bfp tho. It did not feel any different from all my unsuccessful months. I did IUI and first fresh ivf cycle, both times AF came even tho on progesterone tho.. Seems to not prevent mine fr coming leh.. Both those times did not make it to BT even.

Hi there! I have a new box of GONAL - F 1050 IU/1.75ml brought from my gynae in Oct . Due to some family planning, we decided to cancelled our IUI plan. If you or know anyone required GONAL-F, pls email me at [email protected]. Thanks.

Snuggly- I also had to retest BT at KKH due to low hcg. But I think levels still low and not rising like it should, so quite worried. My sore boobs have disappeared though.

Hazel- I thought AF was coming before I got my bfp tho. It did not feel any different from all my unsuccessful months. I did IUI and first fresh ivf cycle, both times AF came even tho on progesterone tho.. Seems to not prevent mine fr coming leh.. Both those times did not make it to BT even.
Hey pink bunny how are u doing? Rest a lot n not stress yourself up. See another dr if u think u need for sypport. Hang in there!
I didnt get my AF both times when I was in medicated FET. It only came ard 3-4 days after I stopped the inserts. This time I'm on natural FET. No symptoms as of now. When I thought Af is here, checked n only to find like clear watery discharge (sorry tmi!)

hi everyone...i am back again after a failed Fresh cycle in sept...was told that my embryo's quality was no good.Since i had no Frozen embryos, will be doing my 2nd fresh cycle in january and i am really getting nervous abt it.. any one went thru the same thing?...any way, congrats pinkbunny21!!!!no worries..everything will turn out well for ur next BT...

Realized today I didn't submit insurance form :(
Nurses say its unlikely great eastern will accept but I can still try. Anyone submitted insurance late before?

Pinkbunny,
My clinic is TLC gynecologist clinic at thomson medical centre. Dr paul tseng practices there. You can just call to enquire with the nurses what you should do. They can advise too.

Snuuggly,
You are so lucky! Its worth it to suffer a bit to have our bundles of joy! Heheee
May I ask what you ate or drink during this fet? You did natural right?

Pr
Snuuggly,
You are so lucky! Its worth it to suffer a bit to have our bundles of joy! Heheee
May I ask what you ate or drink during this fet? You did natural right?
princess, I did medicated as I do not ovulate naturally. Never ate or drank anything special except chicken essence everyday. I am still waiting for results of bt......*nervous* unexpectedly I am more nervous than I thought......

Back