IVF/ICSI Support Group

Oh man, I went for my repeat beta today and it's 269.7. Two days ago it was 166.9. The point is, it did not double. I'm quite frustrated, and from what I read online, this is not good, it may not be viable. Worse still, KKH ivf is closed until Monday. Anyway, I wish you girls the best of luck.

Yeah what u said really hits the nail. Everytime see a doctor they always say, why don't u try naturally first? Until they see the sperm count then they realise how serious it is haha. Loh SF is a great guy, hope ur cycle can succeed :) Even if your wish doesn't come true this time, you are def still in great hands as Loh SF is one of the best around to follow up. I wld go with him for ivf if $$ was not an issue.
Yah! My first cycle my Dr only put in 1 cos we are young. After it failed he says we still got time to play ard so wanted to put in 1 again the next cycle. We argued or way and had 2 transferred still fail.

I'm really glad to have changed and we are both really comfortable with dr loh.

So are u waiting for your next cycle?

Pink bunny, keeping my fingers crossed for u. Update us again on mon.

Hazel, how much does it costs to transfer embryos to dr Loh side?
And the cost of ivf at his side? Can't use medisave at his clinic right?
I called O&G and the nurses said must see dr Loh first n he will advise.

I've only 2 embryo left from my first cycle. So thinking of just doing FET at KKH cos transfer seems to be a hassle n much more expensive.

Hi, does anyone know the benefits to immunocol? Are they the same as egg whites? Are there any sisters here who took immunocol during stimming and had better results??

Pinkbunny21,
Did u test ur progesterone levels? They could be low and u might benefit fr hcg jab. But anyway, ur beta did increase..so for now try not to worry so much and let ur body relax. Some preggies just have low hcg, that's why a positive pregnancy only starts with 5.

Last edited:
Today I am pretty disappointed. Went for scan. Seems like this cycle I might not ovulate. CD11 and lining only 5.8mm, no dominant follicle yet. how? Does it mean this cycle of natural fet has to be abandoned? Not sure if lining is due to endo scratching done on CD4 this cycle, though dr said not related.

Anyway, to update, my hysto sampling results came back. The lab results called it "uterine curettings". Basically no polyp nor malignancy seen. However the bottom-line diagnosis was a "regressed weakly secretory endometrium". The dr was spot-on. I am indeed having problems with my endometrium not being receptive. I felt so sad. Dr recommended me to try a SO-FET (ie. Stimulated FET using low dose gonadotrophin injectables). He said my endometrium needs that extra boost of hormones to stimulate it. Do you think if I do ovulate successfully, I should abandon this cycle and try the stimulated one next month? Or just give the natural cycle another shot? I was so looking forward to this cycle. :( Next mth will be into Jan, the busy mth!

princess - thanks for the kind words. I think natural FET must ovulate before CD21 or something, so u still have 10 days to go.. Do what you think is best for ur body, but don't waste ur embryos.. Otherwise have to start a new fresh cycle just to get them.

Where are you doing ur ivf? Ur doc sounds more advanced than ours leh.. I never heard of ur diagnosis before, and neither have I heard of the extra shot of hormones..

:)

mesara: Do you know if we can check for chromosome abnormalities in Singapore? I read that it will be able to determine the better quality of embryo and increase the implantation rates.[/quote]

unfortunately pgd is only done here for thalassemia cases

pinkbunny21,
I meant the progesterone jab. It's like a progesterone booster. Some drs give it when spotting occurs after BFP. I am very paranoid about progesterone cos last yr I naturally conceived but miscarried due to low progesterone. I was spotting pinkish discharge daily. Progesterone was like only 5 when I did blood test when no heart beat at 7 wks. My hcg was decreasing. If I had known abt it earlier, I would have gotten progesterone boost..maybe might help to save the pregnancy. you can check with ur dr abt this booster. No harm to give yourself extra support, though I think you are doing fine.

I'm doing with CARE, under Dr Paul Tseng. His approach is more proactive. Initially i didn't even wanna do this hysto culture sampling thing cos I thought try endo scratch will do. But he insisted I should check the condition of my endometrium since I keep failing despite good lining and good embryos. Well...look on the bright side, I know I don't have fibroids or polyps, else I would have to clear them first. Now just have to let God decide for me what to do.

Last edited:
Sorry pinkbunny21, do you mean the extra shot of hormones, referring to the stimulated FET my dr recommended? That is like SO-IUI, using gonadotrophins to stimulate ovulation. It's using natural proteins to stimulate our hormones. I tried the regulated FET (medicated) before but that's different from stimulated cycle.

princess - It sounds like you're in better hands than us at the local hospitals.. Ours quite hands-off approach compared to private leh, a lot of blood tests never do (like E2 levels), even first BT test also a lot later than other pple. Sometimes have questions also nobody to ask one. Anyway, this cycle for me started out really really stress-free so I guess that was the difference. I know I shld be hands off the computer now but it's quite difficult not to obsess, finding stuff on the internet etc. Ok I think I shld focus on TV now.. goodluck!

Princess shudnt endo scratch be done prior to jvf cycle?? Is hysto culture sampling same as endo biospy?? Glad to hear yr doc is proactive m infact has almost identified cause of failures n addressing it. Be positive.

mesara,
My dr said endo scratch can be done either CD4/5 or CD21, or both. As long as ard 2 weeks before ET is ok, cos lining needs to grow again. I opted for CD4 cos I wanted to continue natural FET this cycle. Didn't wanna waste time. But if I don't ovulate by CD 18, think I will do another endo scratch on CD21, since my endo is so stubborn and lazy!

Actually I do not exactly know what test it is. But I have a feeling it could be same as endo biopsy cos the report commented a lot abt the endometrium. The procedure is not done under any sedatives. Dr just washed and suck some tissue out fr endometrium, that's all. After that he used pipelle to scratch. Very quick procedure. He kept calling it hysto though.

Oh man, I went for my repeat beta today and it's 269.7. Two days ago it was 166.9. The point is, it did not double. I'm quite frustrated, and from what I read online, this is not good, it may not be viable. Worse still, KKH ivf is closed until Monday. Anyway, I wish you girls the best of luck.
Hi pinkbunny21, don't over stress urself. Continue talking to ur embries. Some HCG just delay in raising. Pls do not give up. Must believe in miracle. Take more rest. Wish u all the best!!!

Pinkbunny u r doing fine and its just hcg rise is slow. But numbers still look good. Be positive. Waiting for your babydust.

Princess mine doc put procedure as accurette. Dont know what that means ar. Read for biospy its pipelle and pure scratch acurette. Maybe its diff equipment for scratch bah. Mine no sedative too.

Sisters does nor e cause cramps??. As of tomorrow will be 8 days of nor e. Experiencing quite bad cramps. Which cd day does stim begin normally. The nurses said they dont care abt af during ivf cycle. Is it true?

I searched the whole forum for other people's repeat BT and nobody's HCG rise as slow as mine.. :/ I don't think you all want my baby dust yet if lidat one, when the situation stabilizes I'll throw a big bag of baby dust around!

pinkbunny,
Don't stress by searching answers on internet. Rest your mind and keep calm. I understand your feelings now..u are searching for assurance. But believe us, you are fine! Are u scheduled for another beta test?

Sisters, may I know which day of the cycle does the dominant follicle appear? If by CD11 no dominant follicle appear, does it mean there might not be ovulation this cycle?

Princess - no idea leh.. So KKH closes on Sat at 12pm and Sunday. I did my beta at 10am and had to go to the A&E to retrieve my BETA results even. They said they will call me Monday and let me know what's next. Not sure if need to redo beta (sian) or meet their passing mark 250 is ok alr?? Imagine, I almost had to wait until Monday just to find out my beta results!

Princess - no idea leh.. So KKH closes on Sat at 12pm and Sunday. I did my beta at 10am and had to go to the A&E to retrieve my BETA results even. They said they will call me Monday and let me know what's next. Not sure if need to redo beta (sian) or meet their passing mark 250 is ok alr?? Imagine, I almost had to wait until Monday just to find out my beta results!

If success u need to go back on mon to collect the duphaston n folic acid n start eating Liao :)

Dear sisters, thank you for replying to my threads earlier.

I have a few more questions, still new to the terminology. What is the difference between natural FET and medicated FET? Actually I really dunno whether I am doing natural or medicated. KKH doc nv tell me. All I know is I am trying again using the frozen embryos that I have. I am taking Aspirin and Progynova now. Does this mean that this is medicated FET?

Also, does anyone feel more tired than usual after taking Aspirin and Progynova? I went for a scan on fri and my lining was 6.6 triple and the nurse told me to increase my intake for Progynova from 2 tablets to 4 tablets. After I increased the intake, I felt myself more tired than usual. Is this normal? Feeling stressed actually...

lydialovely,
natural FET means going natural letting your body ovulate naturally without the use of any drugs. Once ovulation is detected, ET is schedule about 3 days after, and we also start progesterone inserts then. It's relatively simple and stress-free on our bodies, but cycle could be abandoned sometimes when our body doesn't respond the right way, and natural FET needs more monitoring as timing is crucial.
Medicated FET means taking estrogen to build up our lining and dominant follicle till body is forced to ovulate. This is a sure cycle. I tried both and definitely prefer natural fet simply because I don't like to introduce drugs unnecessarily. But now that I tried both and failed, my next cycle I will be trying a stimulated fet cycle. injections again...sigh..

By the way, I didn't have any side effects when I was on progynova, which is an estrogen drug. Could you be feeling stressed? Maybe other sisters can comment more.

Dear sisters, thank you for replying to my threads earlier.

I have a few more questions, still new to the terminology. What is the difference between natural FET and medicated FET? Actually I really dunno whether I am doing natural or medicated. KKH doc nv tell me. All I know is I am trying again using the frozen embryos that I have. I am taking Aspirin and Progynova now. Does this mean that this is medicated FET?

Also, does anyone feel more tired than usual after taking Aspirin and Progynova? I went for a scan on fri and my lining was 6.6 triple and the nurse told me to increase my intake for Progynova from 2 tablets to 4 tablets. After I increased the intake, I felt myself more tired than usual. Is this normal? Feeling stressed actually...
Hi Lydia, I just ended my medicated FET and was on progynova too. I felt a little more tired than usual too with the drugs but had thought it was because of work. Perhaps this is one of the side effects then. I didn't feel any other side effects btw.

lydialovely,
natural FET means going natural letting your body ovulate naturally without the use of any drugs. Once ovulation is detected, ET is schedule about 3 days after, and we also start progesterone inserts then. It's relatively simple and stress-free on our bodies, but cycle could be abandoned sometimes when our body doesn't respond the right way, and natural FET needs more monitoring as timing is crucial.
Medicated FET means taking estrogen to build up our lining and dominant follicle till body is forced to ovulate. This is a sure cycle. I tried both and definitely prefer natural fet simply because I don't like to introduce drugs unnecessarily. But now that I tried both and failed, my next cycle I will be trying a stimulated fet cycle. injections again...sigh..

By the way, I didn't have any side effects when I was on progynova, which is an estrogen drug. Could you be feeling stressed? Maybe other sisters can comment more.

Thank u for ur reply, princess14. Something I don't understand, why must ET be after ovulation? The nurse was saying they are looking at 8mm but after that I read online and saw that some sites suggested 9-10mm.

Sorry to divert a bit... I feel that the KKH doctor / nurses do not even explain such things to me, such as the procedures for the FET, what I will be expecting, etc, in details and they expect me to ask questions when I could not really ask on the spot as I could not think of any. I find that their service is really below my expectations. I don't think it's about govt/non-govt hospitals. I went through my fresh cycle with very little knowledge about how to take care of my body during the cycle. I think I better prepare a list of questions and ask the doctor/nurses when I visit them again for another scan.

Yah! My first cycle my Dr only put in 1 cos we are young. After it failed he says we still got time to play ard so wanted to put in 1 again the next cycle. We argued or way and had 2 transferred still fail.

I'm really glad to have changed and we are both really comfortable with dr loh.

So are u waiting for your next cycle?

Wow yeah nv heard of doctor insisting on putting in 1 embryo, from statistics, the chances are def lower. Glad u made the switch.

Yup waiting to start fresh cycle in Jan... Doing long protocol. If it (and any subsequent FET) doesn't succeed I might consider switching to Loh SF.

I hope don't have implantation problems.... That's why going for a womb sonogram next month to check next month. If all clear will start fresh cycle.

Anyway just wanted to share with everyone not to give up after a failed cycle.

Was speaking to friends yesterday. All of them know people who have gone thru ivf, and not a single one of them strike first time. All of them had to do multiple times and one was even had twins. So see, it is a chances game and we are blessed with technology that enables us to improve chances from low to 30-40%. Though the odds are still against us, it is better than before, so always take heart and hope for the best :)

For those ladies doing a Dec cycle, wishing you all the best and hope u can get ur bundle of blessing this season :)

Thank u for ur reply, princess14. Something I don't understand, why must ET be after ovulation? The nurse was saying they are looking at 8mm but after that I read online and saw that some sites suggested 9-10mm.

Sorry to divert a bit... I feel that the KKH doctor / nurses do not even explain such things to me, such as the procedures for the FET, what I will be expecting, etc, in details and they expect me to ask questions when I could not really ask on the spot as I could not think of any. I find that their service is really below my expectations. I don't think it's about govt/non-govt hospitals. I went through my fresh cycle with very little knowledge about how to take care of my body during the cycle. I think I better prepare a list of questions and ask the doctor/nurses when I visit them again for another scan.

Hi lydialovely, I feel that way too. U have to be very proactive with KKH. Always know ur procedures and medications, ask the doctor/nurse. Though the medical staff are taking care of you, you are responsible for ur cycle and with so much$ at stake, it is better to be an informed patient.

BTW ET gotta be after ovulation as lining wld be thicker and more receptive to implantation.

Im just wondering will my period still come on time if I'm on natural fet cycle? However I am on utrogestan inserts 200mg twice a day, will that withhold my period we even if I'm not preggy?

Hi lydialovely, I feel that way too. U have to be very proactive with KKH. Always know ur procedures and medications, ask the doctor/nurse. Though the medical staff are taking care of you, you are responsible for ur cycle and with so much$ at stake, it is better to be an informed patient.

BTW ET gotta be after ovulation as lining wld be thicker and more receptive to implantation.

hi_mei, thanks for your info. Now I have a better understanding of what is going on.

If I had known that there is natural FET and medicated FET, I would opt for natural FET. The stupid medication is making me very tired and I wonder how I can be successful in this cycle with all these tiredness. I wasn't even told there is a potential possibility of this kind of side effect after taking it. Because I thought I should be in my best condition during such cycle. Why am I not given the choice of natural FET? KKH should have known better and give such options to the patients and let them choose unless they have other conditions which do not favour in natural ovulation.

Sisters anyone starting stim this month. I feel v scared thinking of stim next week. Saw my case notes prof indicated gonal f 225 and cetrodite or something like tat. Since its my first cycle can I know after stim what happens. Which day can I expect er n et. Will natural ovulation be stopped with jabs. Normally how many injections a day and timing pls. Scared worried n stressed as day is nearing. Appreciate advise. Many many thanks.

Nervous babe wonder if I gave u tcm address. Its blk 128 jalan bukit merah. Hua mei acupuncture. When r u cycling?

Hi mei thanks for wishes. When do u start cycle.

Mesara thks for the address, I plan to start in mar. Gd luck to your cycle. After stim, once ur follicles reached a certain size doc will tell u when to take trigger shot and ER will be planned, stimm range from 8 to 13 days I think. Really depend on hw fast ur follicles grow. If is NUH normally they do 3dt. Starting is 1 jab a day then is 2 jabs for my case I need 3, nt sure all will have pergoveris as my response was slow initially, if u are responding will to gona f maybe you won't need, I am nt sure.

Mesara, Tks for the web links.
Useful info.

Don't be scared.
Just follow the dr/nurses instructions and u will be fine. :)

I have a short protocol chart from KKH from 2 yrs back.
Don't think the procedure would have changed too much.
For everyone's ref and info

image.jpg

Ok.. At the risk of sounding crazy here, but did anyone keep on POAS after their bfp?? Mine is the same shade for 5-6 days now, I'm not sure if my hcg levels are rising or not?! I've been peeing on almost 20 sticks now.. Once a day sometimes twice. But my 2nd beta has a doubling time of 70 hours so I'm kinda worried. KKH seems to have given up on me as soon as I hit 250 on their beta pass mark, they didn't even care that my beta didn't double from the previous number. I searched all over Google and lots of girls got increasingly dark lines as the days go by.. Mine didn't change color! It's quite a few shades lighter fr the control line! I hope my hcg isn't going down and I'm not losing my baby.. :( or my mind!!! I used clearblue btw.

Pink bunny, if I were u, I will seek 2nd opinion from private clinic to do a blood test again. At least it give me a piece of mind than keep checking hpt for lines.

Take care.

Hi ladies,
This is my 2nd fresh cycle. I'm in my 2ww. Today ia my 9th post ET. I start having like pre-AF kind of cramp since few days back. But the cramp sometime is strong that wokee up from sleep. I do experienced like pre-AF cramp during my last 2 cycle. But nvr had pain as this. Although the strong cramp comes and go but it make me start worrying bout ectopic pregnancy. Do any of u experienced the same cramp during 2ww. Hope to get some assurance from u all. Thanks.

Sisters anyone starting stim this month. I feel v scared thinking of stim next week. Saw my case notes prof indicated gonal f 225 and cetrodite or something like tat. Since its my first cycle can I know after stim what happens. Which day can I expect er n et. Will natural ovulation be stopped with jabs. Normally how many injections a day and timing pls. Scared worried n stressed as day is nearing. Appreciate advise. Many many thanks.

Hi mesara.
Prof is starting you on antagonis protocol/ short protocol. I will share with you roughly what will be happening as I was on the same protocol too. With more info hoepfully it will bring down your fear.
1. I started gonal F on D2, prof did a baseline scan and see how many antral follicle that you have and test your baseline E2 level.
2. Went back 5 days later on D6 to see how many follicles grew and their sizes and check E2 level. On this day you will start on Cetrotide. CHR nurse will teach you how to do it as this is slightly different from gonal F. From today onwards, you will be jabbing cetrotide in the morning and gonal F betwen 6-9pm . CHR nurse will call you in the afternoon to tell you the dose of gonal F prof wants you to jab until he sees you again.
3. I went back on D9, D11 & D12 for scan and E2 level. On D12, my follicles were big enough and my E2 level was ok so prof decided to go for ER on D14.
4. ON the midnight of D13, I had to inject suprefact, the ovulation trigger. This one you have to do it at the exact time that CHR nurse told you to so that your follicles don't rupture prematurely and it is timed with when you will be going in for your ER. Prof does several cases a day, so the timing of the ovulation trigger depends on the timing of your ER. I have heard that sometimes it could be 2-3 am in the morning that a patient need to jab this trigger.
5. After ER, the embryologist will perform ICSI . She will call you the next day to update you how many mature eggs are there, how many are successfully fertilized with hubby's soldiers. If they are going to continue to culture them further, the embryologist will update again the next day. When it is time for ET, either CHR nurse or embrologist will let you know the day before. The day of ET depends on your embryos.

Hope that this help.

Pinkbunny21, what is the next the nurse told u after ur more tham 250 beta? Did they schedule an appointment for u to see ir doctor soon? Meanwhile u need to relax (I know is easy to says than do). Maybe u want to call kkh ivf centre self request to do another beta HCG rather than POAS and stressed up with the line. All the best!
Ok.. At the risk of sounding crazy here, but did anyone keep on POAS after their bfp?? Mine is the same shade for 5-6 days now, I'm not sure if my hcg levels are rising or not?! I've been peeing on almost 20 sticks now.. Once a day sometimes twice. But my 2nd beta has a doubling time of 70 hours so I'm kinda worried. KKH seems to have given up on me as soon as I hit 250 on their beta pass mark, they didn't even care that my beta didn't double from the previous number. I searched all over Google and lots of girls got increasingly dark lines as the days go by.. Mine didn't change color! It's quite a few shades lighter fr the control line! I hope my hcg isn't going down and I'm not losing my baby.. :( or my mind!!! I used clearblue btw.

Hi ladies,
This is my 2nd fresh cycle. I'm in my 2ww. Today ia my 9th post ET. I start having like pre-AF kind of cramp since few days back. But the cramp sometime is strong that wokee up from sleep. I do experienced like pre-AF cramp during my last 2 cycle. But nvr had pain as this. Although the strong cramp comes and go but it make me start worrying bout ectopic pregnancy. Do any of u experienced the same cramp during 2ww. Hope to get some assurance from u all. Thanks.

Hope4bb,
I had pre-menstrual like cramp with each 2ww. I took 2 panadol each time it woke me up from sleep and it was alright. Ectopic pregnancy pain doesn't come on so early. In ectopic, the embryo has to start growing to the point of being visible on the scan before you will feel pain , and this will be like 3-4 weeks after ET. Stay calm ok. Fear will not be good for your baby :)

Back