IVF/ICSI Support Group

Twinklez: congrats ur on pregnancy! mind to share what you did for this cycle?
happy.gif
happy.gif

Thank u all for the well wishes n advice.

Miracle: what do u mean what I did for this cycle?
Mine is short cycle, 2weeks of injections, after ET, dr prescribed progesterone to be taken 3 times daily.

Congrats twinklez

Thanks, positive & brchow.

Btw, ensure & brazil nuts only to take after start jab. How abt acupuncture? Also after start jab? Planning to start the cycle few mths down the rd, waiting to see doc.

lynx_sea: no lah.... i'm poor responder so not much eggs.
fr my understanding, shrinking ovaries, lesser AF flow n shorter days r syptoms of meno-pausing. so dr request to scan my ovaries.

Miracle: oh... I din do anything special... In fact, when I started reading this forum just recently.... I find all of you so knowledgeable! I was just going thru it as it comes, n do all that the nurses and dr. Say......

Babysmurf: sure... Will pop by... Thanks...

brchow> hw to define lesser af flow? as my af last time was v heavy, like full every 1-2 hr for 2 days with blood clots, then flow for 4 days. then aft lap is lesser, no need change ev 1-2hr, but flow for 3 days, less clots. same for aft ivf. scan can see ovaries shrinking? thot must do the sono thing. hw do u tell dr tan abt yr af flow??

Lin, am here. Kena flu. And very bad nausea. That's why hardly post.

Tomorrow will be my review since after my discharge just before CNY. Hopefully will see and hear good news.

Dear all, this my first time in this forum and signing up as member. I'm 38 this year and was trying very hard to conceive for the past 2 years. Late marriage at the age of 36. My DH and I have decided to try IVF. Currently, we are contemplating to go for the government one at KKH or the private. Was told that long Q at KKH. My gyne had recommended me to Dr SH Loh. Any suggestion? I'm having mix feeling and tones of worries should I go for the IVF and what if it fail will I be able to face it...

Good morning ladies..

Twinkle, congras on yr gd news!!

Prospina, replied your pm... hope it helps
happy.gif

Brchow, yr doc super sweet le...still scan for u... Mine also dun have..

Lynx, poor us.. & when u starting to cycle again??

Hi all,I have fix an appt with dr sahana from kkh in march.. anyone can advice how is she? Is she a kan cheong person when doing clinic appt as told by the appt hotline lady she quite popular and bus..this is my 1St ivf and prepare to ask her a lot.. can advice? Thank..

leor: good to hear that u are well..bed rest more..hope ur appt able to give u assurance..

faith, hello!!! im with Dr Sadhana... If u are seeing her, be prepared to have long waiting time and prepare all yr qtns in advance cos she wont let u stay in her room for long.. lols..
Overall, she is a nice doc fast & straight forward...

lynx,* high 5*!!! me too wor... hopefully we can bfp naturally la.. have u start on yr supplements yet... cny really make me a lazybone lo... lols... starting my immouncal n vits today officially!!

wondersss: i was taking my folic + royal jelly. but i find royal jelly can't be taken daily!! I pu zhua b4 CNY. very bad throat & lost voice

Thanks wondersss.. Huh? I prefer a dr that have patience and will not rush to chase me out de..

Any good subsidized hospital dr recommendation? Coz this is my 1st,I more kiasu..

faith > my missus is seeing Dr Sadhana too.

We found her to be patient and listen to all our questions.

There was once after consulting, i forgot to ask 2 more questions, and i actually went back to see her, she still entertain even though it is past 5.30pm which is her knocking off hours.

I also prepared a list of questions to bombard her during our 1st consultation 8)

faith: Basically Dr Sadhana is quite clean cut. Answer your every qns. But KKH may not be suitable for u if you want a more personalised service. FYI, scanning & Blood test will also not be done by the doctor personally. You only get to see the doctor for consultation, during Egg retrieval & Embryo transfer. Other times will be entertained by the nurses there. Hope the info give u a better idea of the Flow at KKH.
happy.gif

lynx, i bought royal jelly from iherb.com in capsule form. the price is reasonable but the problem is i had very diluted bowel everyday(sorry for TMI). Anyone encountered that before?

Prosep: huh u LS, whereas, I pu zhua. OMG...
Anyway, i understand that royal jelly is also some kinda supplement that provide energy. SO I guess that contribute to the heatiness.

Went for my scan and repeat bt for prolactin this morning.. Nurse just called and informed me prolactin level back to normal at 169.. Phew.. But prof did tell me this morning it's not a big issue.. Gotta go again tmr morning to learn cetrotide jab..

lynx, yeah still taking it..
lin, i took 2 tab a day only,actually i got mild constipation, so after taking this can go everyday i am quite happy
happy.gif

Twinkle: Congrats! Hope I can grab some of your bb dust here****

Hi Ladies, any pre- preparation I need to do before my first IVF maybe in April
happy.gif
knowing that the success rate for my age is low so not looking so positive
sad.gif
heard that Dr SF Loh is good. Anyone here seeing him?

Pris: is this going to be your first Ivf? Usually 1st Ivf is a trial-n-error and Ivf protocol is pretty much a standard protocol. If you want personalized service then go private else u can choose like KKH. If you want make use of govt co-fund, u can be private patient of govt hosp too.

Hi Chris, Yes this is my first IVF and that's why kind of worry, especially for my age now. But heard that most of the good doc had left KKH so not knowing which doc is good there in KKH now that I can go to. Any recommendation?

Hi Ladies,

I had brown spotting the day before yesterday (18 Feb) which stopped in the night. When we BD yesterday night, there was pinkish discharge after. Today, there is nothing at all when I wipe. Based on calculations, I should be having my menses today or tomorrow. But am worried it might be delayed. If my menses D1 does come on a Sunday, what should I do? Call immediately on Monday? Or just head down to KKIVF Monday morning?

Thanks!

It's so hard to come back to work after a long CNY leave. Went overseas so wasn't easy to get online.

Thanks Jackzel, yvejen and lin for responding to my query on spotting on CD16 (the cycle after failed fresh ivf cycle). I think my case is the same as lin. The spotting lasted for four days and then stopped. Hope my menses does not take too long to come.

Baby steps: are u starting fresh Ivf cycle? If D1 is Sunday and u are told to go down on D2, then yes u just go down on Monday (your D2), maybe when u are on your way there, u can give them a call first so they can get your file. Hope this helps.

lynx_sea: my bowel was super smooth after RJ... every day also hv, sometimes twice a day.
b4 that, i alternate day release type. so it wasn't heaty for me.

lin: lesser meaning only 3 proper days n each day only abt 2 pads (excl the one used at night).
the norm scan in the clinic can c. cos they the scan hv a measurement function. just like the one which scan our folli size during ivf.
i told doc abt my af flow n that's when he said let's scan to c.

Lynx sea: oh.. that means the scaning of the ovary for egg growth are all done by nurses? Den how dr decide when do er and et? So we must have trust on the nurses in kkivf..

Nitro: thanks for ur reply..from the previous posts,know that ur missus preggy, Congrats..

Any advice abt nuh? I know Prof Wong very popular but he also quick de..

To find a suitable dr is difficult..

Faith- I also agreed with the sisters, see the Drs 1st. Then maybe ask them how the system work, then decide which one u are comfortable with.
I'm with Prof Wong. Though he is quiet & bzy man, he will sure answer all yr queries. But is better to write & prepare all yr qs. Scans are all done by him. Chr nurses are very professional & I personally felt that the overall feeling & support from them are good.
Even after ET, during 2ww, any queries or if any spotting issues, they will advise accordingly

Bluenosebear,

Was your scan this morning? How was it? I went for scan this morning but prof wants me to start cetrotide only tmr, so i gotta go again tmr morning to learn..

Chris - Yup, this will be my first fresh.. I had some brownish red spotting earlier so I think I will be starting AF tomorrow. My hubby will be away from 27th - 2nd Mar for 4 days, but based on my calculation, seems like it will not likely clash with ER assuming CD1 is tomorrow. Hope my calculation is correct and I can start IVF this cycle instead of waiting for the next!

Min- yap, I was there.
Are u wearing green top & shorts?
If yes, I'm the one wearing black top that is after u.
I also starting Cetrotide tmr. Coz is to start on the 6th day of Gonal F jab

Back