IVF/ICSI Support Group

hi gals,
sigh, just got a little red-brown discharge just now, mixed with my usual crinone discharge...i hope it's nothing serious...
sad.gif

hi wei, no side effect for the lucrin injection for the time. But i always feel sleepy... Seems most of them are with KKH, as for me is SGH because is more convenient. My E2 blood test will be on May 15. Any idea what is this E2 for? I'm looking forward for the puregon jabs but scared too cos my FSH is on the high side (above 10)..My hubbie said i'm getting paranoid about this ivfcycle. All the best for your first lucrin injection on 14 May.

petals..

dun worry too much abt the discharge..i think it's pretty common leh.. as long as it's not excesssive and persistant, should be ok i guess.

btw.. check with u hor.. the day we do FET is considered as Day 1 ? or the 1st day after FET is Day 1 huh?

deerdeer,
on wed...

hopes,
i'm not too sure abt the day leh...i count fet day as day 0... Ask u ah, did u go for any blood test last week after ur fet so check whether ur pregesterone level is ok? I just had mine and my progest lvl very low...seems like i'm not absorbing the crinone, so i got a jab instead. sigh...

Hi Fond,

Yah just had my ET this morning and had a good sleep after i reached home, just finish my lunch and here I'm to reply the forum. I'm 28 this year before this year birthday, hmm my puregon dosage is 300. Fond, which stage are you at now? My blood test for pregnancy will be 22 May donno whether do I have the courage to call and ask abt the result

petals,

no leh.. i wasn't called to do any checks on the progest lvl...hmm...i think ur hosp better.. more follow up... sorry..u with which hosp again..?

my bloodtest day on thurs leh...one day later than u...very long hor..? i tot of changing to wed also...coz acording to chinese calender... wed is a more auspicious day..haha..
happy.gif

hopes,
u so funny! hee hee, just like me...i also wondered how come my blood test on D13 instead of D14, but of course i was glad, earlier better...now u mention wed auspicious, I'm even happier. My fet also happened to be on an auspicious day, not planned...hee hee...well, I'll take all the heavenly help i can get as i really want to succeed!
happy.gif
maybe u can change ur test date to wed too? though thur is not bad, just an average day, according to this calendar i have. Do u think we are getting kiasu?

i was asked gynae abt the progest test, he said actually most places don't do it, but he does it just as precaution. I also checked the internet, seems a few ivf sites place little value on progest testing as they say that a low value may not really mean that much as it depends on the type of progest u take, and also that the value fluctuates every few hrs, so a one-time test may not be accurate. So was quite relieved...so don't worry too much, i'm sure ur gynae has a reason for not testing.

hi piggy09,
how are u feeling after ur trsfr? try to rest as much as u can hor during the MC/HL period given... so your 3 eggs did well and u put in all 3?

Hi Petals,

Thanks for the concern, yup resting at home... slept a good 4 hrs after ET, had only 2 usable embryos so only 2 transferred, Dr loh say the quality is quite gd but he didn't give me the rating quality of the embryo and I also forgot to ask abt the what happened to the third egg. I was the first patient today to do ET. Btw the embryologist pass me a photo of my 2 embryos. Didn't expect that I'll get the photos. Mc will last till Mon going back to wk on Tue.. Didn't do much at home today but just walking about at home..

Hope everything is turns out well for you. So you are doing your blood test on May 15 to check if you're pregnant? All the best yah, keep us updated... I'm already thinking abt my own blood test day donno how will i feel... sigh... thinking of asking my hubby join me for lunch and call the hospital together..

hi all...
Did my ER today, not as bad but really sleepy (sleeping whole evening)....
Really like the KKhivf team,I feel I'm in good hands wif them around.
Tot of doing facial on my 5th day of MC...should be ok right??

piggy09,
Hope for your sucess too...I'm also at kkh dis morning and my ET only starts around 8.45am lets hope the best for all of us !!

OOpss...alamak, type wrongly, its ER not ET...My ET will only be on monday 8.30am...

So piggy09, you'll be back to work after your mc?? Emm....I managed to have a long break till end of may, don tink can face my colleagues till the result day.

hi girls..

My doc also say no need progesterone. But as you girls know.. of course a high progesterone doesnt say you are pregnant. But a high progesterone mean your womb will make it more receptive to the embryo. so I request for a blood test to be done. I did it 1 week after transfer. my reading then was 172. which was good. so I leave it as that.

Jaslyn

i was with sgh for my passed 7 times iui. after all failled, i decided to change another hospital to try my luck. cant say kk must be better than sgh, it's just our luck. ur working place near sgh? i think i wil switch back to sgh once confirm preg as it's easy for me also no need to travel. u under which Dr in sgh? E2 test is to see our response to lucrin. think, e lower e better? at least our sis here said so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi ladies

I just did my blood tests and now waiting to see Dr Loh at KK next week. Should be doing IVF after that....but i will not be sharing it to anyone in the office (just do not want to explain all the times). Can anyone of you share with me how you get through from Day 1 to before ET? how many days leaves is required before ET?...

Worried....

samirah

rest well and hope for a smooth ET for u
happy.gif

does ur facial content of machines? not too sure which kind of facial u can go, but last time did heard my friend said some facial and massage can not do during 2ww/preg. if u said 5th day of ur mc, tat should be after ur ET already, right? think u better check with ur beauty center whether preg can do or not. treat urself as a preg 1st.

piggy

agree with Dr Loh n petals, it's e quality that counts. hav faith in ur embryos, u saw them in e photo, right? so nice u can see them. sure they will work veri hard to stay with u.
happy.gif
r u on any med now?

Hi weiwei,

I'm only on antibotics now for 7 days after my ER, yah a mixed feeling to be able to see my embryos on photo. They are rather cute I thought.

Hi samirah,

Yah I'll be back to work after my mc finish though my hubby ask me to stay home but i dun really like to stay home and do nothing leh, further my dept very small, and already many pple taking leave in May.

Hi ttc_5yrs,

I also didn't let my colleagues know till recently a few days before ER, only told my boss(female) about this as I've to see doc frequently for blood test and scan so told my boss I'll be late certain days and will be on 5 days mc. As my wking environment are mostly females they are quite understanding...

samirah,
good to hear ur ER went well...all the best for your ET tmrw! abt facial, I also think u shld check with ur spa which type is suitable for preg women...like what weiwei said, treat urself like u r preggy first. Better to play safe. As for me, I was thinking of not going for facial for the time being.

piggy,
so nice, they gave u a photo? U can start keeping a diary to take note of all the activities, medication and symptoms u encounter during ur ivf journey...this will help u to remember, cos once preggie, may become quite forgetful during the 9mths...
happy.gif

Hi Petals,

Are you with KKIVF under doc Loh as well? You were saying that you're having your blood test 14 days after FET meaning first embryo transfer? My blood test is 17 days after my ET leh.

deerdeer,
sorry, miscommunication....when i mentioned mt E, i was talking abt my fet...my blood test will be this wed. :p wish me luck! So how are u feeling so far? When's ur next scan?

me on the 17th wor... today like feeling very hot.. but no temp leh.. temp norm.
me damn worried. but the staining is gone. actually you got guts to test now?
happy.gif
can liao leh.

deerdeer,
i'll be testing on D13 post-fet...think will wait until then...no guts today...hee hee.
Did u test using hpt b4 ur blood test? preggy usually feel a bit warmer, but make sure u drink more water to keep urself hydrated... But good to hear ur staining's gone. Did u ask ur doctor abt it?

Hi all sisters here,

Great to see this thread moving fast.

Read somebody has asked what should avoid during IVF. This is from the seniors sisters in the old thread:-

Foods to aovid:-
1) Chicken
2) Multivitamins
3) Alcohol
4) All Chinese Herbs (including Dang Qui, Pai Feng Yuen)
5) ginger
6) Soya Bean Products
7) Bean Curd
8) Bird Nest
9) Noni Juice
10) Ginseng

No:-
1) Hair Chemical Treatment (Like rebonding, colouring)
2) No Heavy make up
3) No exercise

For those sisters who are in 2WW, please try to avoid cold drink and try to drink more warm water to warm up your womb. The most important is to have a good rest, don't do any house work, esp bending and raising your hands to do laundry. In Nutshell, just treat yourself like a pregnant lady as this period is most important for the embroys to find a good place in our womb. Implantation will happen in 5 to 12 days after ET. Talk to your embroys everyday...

We all have work commitment and understand that sometimes is difficult to be absence from work for the whole 2WW, but if we spent so much $$ and effort to do this program, please put this as priority. Work you can get it any time, but may be we only have a few chances in our life to fulfill our baby dreams..

Anyway, some senior sisters without taking full rest in 2WW yet still strike. But, but, if we don't take full rest and DON'T strike, we may blame ourselves for life that this may be the reason that make us failed. (esp for the first timer)

However, this is really up to individual if they want to rest in 2WW.

Stay cool, happy and positive, wish you gals all the best !!!

Hi all,

I've ask the KKH nurse what to avoid, she say dun need to avoid anything except chinese herbs cause donno what the herbs contain. The nurse also inform dun need to be completely be on bed rest, light chores are ok, but try not to exercise like swim, jog etc.

Hi petals,

Your IVF is from Mt E? one of my friend did the IVF there too, btw what's 2WW?

deerdeer..petals,

today is my D13 after my FET, took up the courage to do HPT today..it's positive leh... but dunno whether accurate or not... so dare not be too happy..

samriah..

hmm.. would advise u to postpone ur facial until after the 2ww . chemicals and extreme temps are not good for us now. to share with u a personal experience, during my last 2WW after my fresh cycle, i went for stupid hair rebonding.. and ended up negative on test day.. so sad.. so if u can.. just rest and est well these two wks and refrain from any facial and hair treatment.
happy.gif

piggy..

will u be taking more leave after the 5 days MC? suggest u take a few more days.. at least two more days or so..coz 1st wk very critical leh..

u still young.. so very good chance of implantation...dun worry abt the no. of eggs k..? hehe.. once all 3 embies implanted.. u dun need to try anymore already, can close factory liaoz..hehe..
happy.gif

ttc..

i think for D1 till ET, we really need alot of support and understanding not only from our hubbies but bossess and colleagues that we are working closely with bcoz of our constant requirement to take time off and leave to do our scans, tests, checks and MCs etc.. those covering us and an understanding boss really makes it easier for us. i usually tok to them abt my progress etc.. luckily my bosses and colleagues very supportive.. everytime ask me to jia you ...hehe.. boss also nice.. maybe i have worked with them for many yrs already..so they also quite encouraging..
happy.gif

ladies..
anyone knows if our progesterone and estrogen medication that we took during our 2ww are considered as HCG medication?

Wei Wei,

My SGH doc is Dr Yu Su Ling. SGH is nearer to my me coz i live at Tiong Bahru. Based on the sisters here seems that kkivf has higher sucessful rate and even cheaper. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Hopes, congrats on your positive results. Very happy to see many positive results here.

Jia you.

hopes,
congrats on ur BFP result! I don't think progest and estrogen is considered hcg and shld not affect ur hpt. If u had a HCG jab within last 2 wks, then may affect the hpt result...anyway, ur blood test later will confirm ur result...
happy.gif

Hi Hopes,

Thanks for concern, but i think i stay at home will be worse leh...cannot do anything. Already very bored these 2 days at home cause can't go anywhere and do much things. I'll be careful at work. See how maybe tmr then decide whether should I take more leave or go back to wk on tue. Further nothing to do the time like ticking more slowly and waiting for blood test date is even more tormenting.

Btw only had 2 embryos implanted..Sorry btw what test have u did that you know you might be pregnant? So many abreviation used here i'm still not used to them.

hi piggy..

u into korean series..? hehe.. during my 2WW, i was chasing some korean series.. so... time just flies..
happy.gif

oh...what i did was the HPT (Home Pregnancy Test) kit.
happy.gif

Hi hopes,

Nope i'm not into koren series, not a tv addict or dvd or series addict. Oic so about how long from your Et u use HPT kit? Btw what's 2ww? as in 2 week rest??

Hi sisters...
thanks for your advice, will not go for facial then.

Hopes....
HPT I think if it is a very strong positive color change should be a very good sign.Let us know of your blood result...really happy for you sister !!

thanks Samirah..
happy.gif

it will be ur turn soon ! i sure hope that HPT is accurate..hehe.. keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi hopes,

Congrats, the HPT should be accurate, at least not so stressed when going for blood test
happy.gif

hi piggy09,

I will be starting my Lucrin tomorrow although not so scared of injections but still a little worried on the side effects. Dun think so much if your work not stressed then maybe will be good to return to work as time will pass faster. I am sure both your embies will stuck to the lining.

By the way did Dr Loh do the ET for you? Do you have chance to talk to him before/after the ET?

Would like to check if anyone know if we can take ginger during IVF? Is it good? What about Dong Cong Cao can we take it during injections? Is it considered chinese herbs?Starting my injections so a bit confused now. Hope anyone who knows can reply

hopes

congrats!! take good rest & pls update us of ur bld result. tat wil b veri encouraging
happy.gif

ya, agree with u that we need a understanding working enviornment. i also told my boss and some close colleagues abt e whole program. they r veri supportive and even help me arrange for long leave after ET. i think tat helps a lot and somehow release my pressure as well.

jaslyn

hi, i m staying in tiong bahru also. maybe we passed by each other everyday without knowing. hee hee...... hav u start on anything yet?

piggy

u got antibiotics? why? never heard before leh?

koala

thanks for e info, veri useful. how many mth u r now? forgive me if i ask again, how many babies u having?

Thanks fond..!

actually i took the HPT bcoz i wanna prepare myself for the worse... coz i dun wanna get all emotional when i'm at the office after the results.. now it's positive...gave me a little bit of hope..
happy.gif

U under Dr SF Loh too..? me also leh! he's really nice! got a little chance to chit chat a little just before the ET in the ET room. but a while only.. after that..dun really get to see him liaoz..the nurses will take care of us..and advise us accordingly.

I did took some ginger drink during my last cycle..esp after the ER, so bloated...gotta drink ginger tea to soothe the tummy... ginger is natural.. should be ok i guess..?

as for Dong Cong Cao, not very sure.. maybe got chance i ask my chinese physician for u..
happy.gif

Hi hopes,

I forgotten to congrats you, do keep us updated for the blood test ok, didn't know you're with Dr SF loh as well.

Hi weiwei,
Yah i'm on antobiotics, the nurse say that it'll keep us healthy away from getting ill so easily, the name of the medicine is Doxycycline, my husband took the antibotics when i was on the puregon jab.It's only a 7 day course

Hi Fond,

Actually didn't really get to see Dr Loh till ET he was late so didn't get to talk to him much as I was the first patient and there are 2 more patient to go that day. But I did visit him at The Private Suite to follow up on my endometries, there he ask me to continue on my Lucrin a few more days before starting on puregon. But he's quite nice, he just told me that the quality of the embryo is quite good loh.

About what tonics you can take you better check with the nurse. Dun worry too much about the Lucrin injection, have to relax throughout the process and ask your hubby to jab you fast and remove fast so that it's not so painful, but Lucrin jab is quite ok. Everything will be fine dun worry.

Back