IVF/ICSI Support Group

Eskimobaby--
Omgosh! Didn't know that..I tried to do say abt ave. 40mins only Sunday and yesterday cos Monday period cramps didn't do..how long did your friend do? Did she do immediately after her mc or did she rest for a period of time before 1st? Cos I relax for 2mths then now start leh..hmm..think hv to walk instead..

JoynFaith, haven't started my stimulation. Going for BT and scan on 12 May to see if can start. What made you think abt delaying your cycle, if you don't mind sharing?

Givemehope, you thinking of going back to tcm?

Chrisl, i'm like you, didn't exercise much. Only beginning of last year that I started going for dance classes and found a form of exercise i enjoy
happy.gif
But getting harder to go for classes cos busy with work and dun dare to go when stimulation comes around. Hope you find a form of exercise that you love!

Nurul and Mc, think for long protocol the first scan is abt 6-8 days after start of stimulation. Cos the follicles are small to begin with after suppression. Takes longer to grow than in short protocol where follicles are not suppressed.

Kikigal, your BT will be fine.
happy.gif

Angel, thanks! Will consider the two you recommended.
happy.gif

Egg Factory, take care, drink lotsa water!

Egg factory--
You can also try meanwhile drink plain boiled barley water without sugar too to clear your uti in addition to the medications you have. Hope this helps too..get well soon!
happy.gif

*Yawnz* woken up early today cos hv to accompany hb to hospital routine check..we'll also pop by into the adjacent building which houses the fertility clinic&check with the nurses cos after reading more of the letter they sent, they said most likely they'll do ET 3days after my scan on 16th..so as to say it'll be on next Sat..but they are not open so cycle might be cancelled!! Hv to ask if can do ET friday instead..

fou fou...i rem yr scan abt 4-5 follicles but they may not be big enfu to retrieve and maybe that's why only 3..dun worry, they may all of gd Quality..as long as kk dun call u, you shld be fine for ET.

luv...thks for yr explaination...didn't know the diff..Haha..

kittykatty...still hv time to chiong..what r yr follicles measurements?

Prosepina,
Yes, i'm with Care, Dr Yu. though,i don't get to see her often, the nurse there are so helpful and caring.
Now i'm 30 weeks pregnant with a baby gal.
Fresh and im PCOS. short protocol became long because Dr Yu was very careful not to over stimulate me.
i was very careful treating myself like pregnant during the entire ivf , as in not to eat raw food, raw egg, and lots of high omega food, veg and fruits.chances to reduce food posioning or falling sick during IVF.
i'm not working so i rest a lot , like a lot.

kitty baby, you are with Dr.Matthew Lau right. i read from the spreadsheet, you started puregon on 26 April and going to ET tomorrow. meaning in total you are on 14/5 days of puregon?

MC_007, I'll be doing fresh cycle.

Egg Factory, are you wearing cotton panty? It has better air circulation and prevent bacteria growth. You might want to change every 4 hours or so. Rest well and get well soon!

LuvNhope, I've no idea of the delay. Yesterday I felt some sensation on both pelvic region and more on the right. It's not pull at ovaries. No PMS too. Shall wait and see.

Kitty_gal, congratulations!

Chrisl,
She did it for almOst a yr n even went for competition. Her doc did mention too strenuous exercise is bad for the womb. She did dragon boat before she conceived both pregnancies. Walking is quite good leh. I do brisk walk my neighborhood for abt 20 min n I'm already warm n sweaty. I really lack exercise haha.

Luv, I have not tried hilltop before. I think you can try both as trial usually comes in 5 or 10 days (can more or less cover the 2ww period) and usually cheaper.

Hi prosepina, yup, I'm wif mathew lau. Eh... I start on puregon on 26 apr. last jab on 4 may. So I think total I only jab 8 days of puregon.

Prosepina depends on how long u need to use Puregon. If ur follicles development is fast den u need shorter tyme....like kitty_baby onie 8 days since she's on long protocol.

Prosepina, Baby Ching, Nurul, Fou Fou, MC007: Thanks for your advice and wishes. Feel much better & will continue to JY
happy.gif

My lining is 11mm. I think is ok.
My follicle measurement range between 7mm to 16mm. The big ones are very few.

Fou Fou: Have faith on embies, ya. I pray that they all fertilize and good grades.

KittyBaby: Dr Zhao is really pack. I am the last one yesterday. Ya, heard from one of the gals before that accupunture does helps ease the bloatedness. Hope it works for you too. Her needle on my head really works. I fall asleep snoring during accupunture. lol.
Good luck on your ET and keep us posted!

Kiki_gal: Congrats
happy.gif

Jia You everyone regardless of what stage you are...Hope to hear more good news and babydust.

Hi Babysmurf and Luvnhope, I am not sure if I wanna try tcm for the next cycle since everything will be medicated. Will tcm still helps? *confused*

Joynfaith, I tried the normal vitamins without Vit B but urine still bright yellow leh. But as long as it is not harmful, I guess is okay?

Egg Factory, hope that you are feeling better now. Drink more water, it will help to flush out the bacteria. If you can take organic cranberry juice, think even better.

Kitty Baby, besides protein, try to drink more water too. I bought GNC whey protein during my last cycle and it helped in reducing the bloatedness. In fact, I do not feel bloated at all.

Kiki gal, it's good news, congrats!

Chrisl, by the time you do ET, think my menses haven even come leh... Dont worry, I'll be here to jia you for you!*Pong pong on my hands*

Givemehope, I took one tablet include of two and the urine is yellow. So far no heatiness. Will observe further and drink more water. Thanks fyi.

Dont mention it, JoynFaith! I am also taking the normal multi-vits now before the next cycle starts. Do give me the feedback on GNC Mega Women, thinking of getting that this month. But can we still take Mega Women after ET or better to take the prenatal ones?

Thank you ladies. I'm glad I found this forum where everyone is so willingly to share their exp. Really learnt a lot here.

Babydust to all. Jia you ^^

Haven tell my parents abt it yet.....maybe will tell them aft the scan as i guess they are still coping with the demise of my granny.

BabyChing: I remember the KKH nurse say both also can but via vaginal better absorption as there is more blood vessel there.

Givemehope, previously I'm taking Blackmores Conceive Well and just finish. No promotion so decided to change to GNC. If you are a member, can get 20% discount and the 2nd bottle at half price. I only get one since it's my first trial. After calculating, I find it cheaper than Conceive Well. I just dislike the bright yellow urine from GNC. Not because of trying to conceive, I would have go off from multivitamin pills. It always good to get from the food we eat. During my past 2WW, I continue with my Conceive Well that my Dr also asked me to do so. You can switch to prenatal type once you've confirmed BFP to get the amount sufficient. I just read that Calcium is to be taken sufficient during pregnancy or else the foetus will get from mother's bone and will lead mother to have osteoporosis at an early age.

Hmm, if I din remember wrongly shld be 8 days ba. Cos 1st scan on 6th day then another scan on 7th. Then last jab on 8th. I think different pple have different reaction to it. Better to be prepared to jab for more days.

Givemehope, thanks, I try to drink more water but already very bloated, more water and EWs make me want to vomit!!
sad.gif

Just went acupuncture, feeling a little bit better already.

Kiki gal, congrats!!
happy.gif

JoynFaith, I also agree, natural food is still the best. My friend is a GNC member and she is having her bday discount so thought to get the supplements. Oh, I've heard that during the 2ww, it is not advisable to intake larger amount of vit A. Does Mega women or Conceive Well contain vit A?

Kitty baby, I think one of the ladies suggested to drink a bit a bit at a time, cant rem was that Chrisl... maybe can try? As for the EW, I have tried to steam it and include ingredients like ham and mushroom in it. Cracked my brain to think of new ideas to "deal" with the EW so that I wont feel so er xin.... Glad that you feel better now, jia you!

prosperina..dr zou mentioned normally u jab for 7-10 days depending on yr lining and follicles size.

babyching..do insert in vagina and lie down for 1-2hrs for it to absorb..wear panty liner as it will stain

kikigal..gratz..u will be.looking forward to yr first scan now

Kittybaby..gd luck for yr ET

Givemehope, if it's her birthday this month, can get 25% discount. GNC - Vit A: 5000IU per serving. None in Conceive Well. How much is the maximum intake for Vit. A during 2WW?

Ladies normally during stimulation wat r e things u avoid? Juz now went out wif family. Forgotten dat I m on stimulation. Carry my nephew aged 7 months. Been squatting for about 5 mins too. Aiyoh! I so forgetful. Now my stomach on e right side feels uncomfortable.
sad.gif
sad.gif

Nurul, MC, kittybaby & kittykatty, thanks! Can only hope for the best...

red_velvet, my last scan was showing about 4 - 5 big ones...was hoping at least all the 4 big ones are retrieved. Disappointed.

Nurul, me also only have my scan on the 7th day during simulation.

Givemehope, wow... there's a lot of saving. Should have ask you to buy for me. Maybe next round then.

LuvNhope, received and replied your PM.

Eskimobaby/joyNFaith
hmm..think i'll go walk walk then..actually weather has been cold and windy so didn't even dare to walk outside but now going to summer soon, i'll be able to go with my hb accompanying me
happy.gif

Been to the clinic and was good to clear my doubts with the nurse, scanning next week 16 and doc will inform around the days when to test 'O' using a O test kit at home and when the kit shows positive then go down to have ET. But if suay suay the kit shows positive on either sat or sun then cycle has to be cancelled
sad.gif
*bleah*

May i know why r u ladies taking vitamin A? Excess vit A can cause deformities in babies.

Chrisl,
In sg, ET is about 2-3 days after positive on opk. Over At ur end, ET is on the day of positive? I thot If show positive on opk then ovulation will happen in the next 48hours rite? So should still be in time of u test positive on opk.

Hi Ladies,
I'm a graduate from this thread last Nov and before I start my enquiries, I would like to wish all sisters here sucessful in the IVF/FET try and have positive thoughts ok, I find that having positive thoughts is very important.

I was with Dr Sf Loh then. I am now considering going for my FET later part of this yr but not too sure if I wanna follow Dr Loh.
Anyway, I would like to find out from sisters here, what is your experience in TMC with Dr Loh. Cost, delivery experience, the nurses there, enviroment.
Dr Loh ever mention, for patients from KK following him over, the FET cost would be about the same, how true is that? and he also menetion he could go back to KK for delivery if we requested but i think it will come in as extra fee,anyone enquire abt this? and is the support given after tested positive the same like in KK? And is there any other things that I am unaware of?

TIA
happy.gif

red_velvet, luvnhope, givemehope, joynfaith, chrisL: thank you for your concern, I am feeling much better today, but will continue taking the medications. Now I just have a bit of backache, must be becos I have been lying down too much. The 2ww is such a torture. Hope this torture for all of us will end soon with a BFP.

eskimobaby: there are 2 types of vitamin A: one is from vegetables (betacarotene) and one is from animals (retinol). The vegetables one is safe to take in high doses. Usually the vit A in supplements is the veg one.

Hee Hee, actually JoynFaith were discussing about the supplements as I was deciphering on which one to try during 2ww. Suddenly thought that too much vit A may not be good so asked asked lo. Oh, JoynFath, anything else u wanna get from gnc this month? Can only get a one time 35% off in may cos of my friend's bday mth. We will be gg there next week. I can help u get if u want ^^

Nurul, I also think ginger tea will help
happy.gif

Egg factory, there is a kind of small magnets that will help to ease backache leh. Now can't use those medicated plasters right? The small magnets not medicated de and rather effective.

Hi Bobzai, thank you
happy.gif
I am with Dr Loh. Many questions I can't answer you cos I failed my fresh with him. Overall, TFC is ok. Though their services really cannot be compared to NUH de. Dr Loh can be very attentive at times and can be annoying at times, hahaha...

Hi Givemehope,
Dun feel dishearted ok. I also failed my fresh n only suceed in the following FET. So your next try will be a successful one. Do some execrise n have positive thoughts
happy.gif
and dun feel stress during 2ww, treat it as u taking leave away from work n enjoy the quiet moments at home.

Back