IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi jt
But wht time is ur er apptment that time? Got time huh? I also feel he shd produce at home too...all my soiui done, he produce at home too.. Just thot kk wun allow for ivf as they may want as fresh as possible..;) Since my place to kk only need 15mins...

Hi Moo,

Sorry just now too tired so just woke up from a nap
happy.gif
I did not set anything lei. Let me check did I accidentally select anything that disable PM.

Hi Moo, can you try PM again
happy.gif

Hi gals, have anyone experience back pain or hand or arm aching during simulation. I feel very uncomfortable since yesterday. I do not know is it due to the increase dosage to 400iu of puergon or too much protein. Quite scare actually.

I did not do any exercise recently but the feeling is the same as you have gone through a whole day badminton session and next day you have those aching. I wonder how come like that since yesterday and today worst.

I just google and found that one of the side effect of puregon is aches and pains. Hmm...Could be due to my increase dosage.
happy.gif

Hello, all kind sisters out here,
some of u might hv seen my name here before, asking some stupid qns earlier on.. but m sure u ll see my name even more now, as I continue to ask more stupid qns.. opps..
my AF reported todae.. & this means tt I m officiali a IVF-er le..
tis is my 1st IVF, with no SO-IUI experience bef tt..
so I m reali scared now.. besides, I hv always asked the same qn as many of u might hv asked “y me?” note.. we hv no found fertility problems.. menses come on the dot, soldiers r good..
even had a good cry tis morning, whn I saw the red stain on my shorts..

anyway, like 1 sister (sorry, cant rem who) said, it is not tt we don’t hv a choice but to go thru IVF.. we do hv a choice & we chose tis so tt we can hv our chance of being mummies..
m glad to be here, with all the support and look forward to all the guidance ahead..

Bingo, r u stil here? I rem u r starting Mar too.. cycling with me? Is there anyone starting same time as me?

For a start, wld like to ask..
I hv been trying hard to gauge whn is my ER but m quite puzzled.. my intention is to go on 2 weeks annual leave before my ER so tt I can totali rest my body.. my work is reali stressful.. & I hv to work into the wee hrs each time before gg on long leave.. so I don’t wish to slog then ER / ET.. reali bad for my body.. so can someone pls try to estimate for me whn my ER wld b.. I knw tt each individual is different, so wld b happie to hv a rough gauge.. btw, I m on long protocol.. cos I wan to speak to my boss on my long period of absence..

2ndly, I m taking nw, conceive well, 1 packet of immunocal, red dates drink, Dr Zou’s med… is tis ok for now?

Next qn is I read tt cannot drink milo too.. is it now or later? & y huh? Caffeine?
I read tt someone suggested to mix egg whites with milo.. so if no milo how?
Wat abt choco milk? I nw drink my immunocal with HL choco milk.. completely cant taste the immunocal.. yeah.. haahahaha.. tried with HL strawberry but stil can taste abit..

Sorry for sooo many qns.. & thanks a million..

JT, tks for your reassurance.

J03, yup, supposed to clear old soliders 3 days b4 ER.

Nancy, you can do it. I have always been scared of needles, even till now...so DH does the jab for me..but I force myself to look when the needle goes it...b4 IVF, i cant even bear to look at the needle itself. =)

Hello Sistas

I'm new here. Currently with NUH (CHR clinic). Failed my 1st IUI, now waiting to start my IVF journey in APR'11.

Will be on long protocol. Day 21 - Superfact follow by Gonal F.

Sistas, need your kind advise, any good supplement to consume? What are foods that need to be taken or avoid during this stage?

I'm now taking folic acid and Conceive Well. Drink red dates, longan & wolfberry thrice weekly.

Hi clb
Oh.. Am not sure when is my er yet.. If is wed morning, is it too late to clear tonight?? Can any gals advise?

Hi queenie
Am not sure who step in behind me as when i go in, there is nobody n i can go to doc zou room immediately..;)
All the best to ur coming er et.. Hmm.. Maybe it will be on mid of May...;)

Hi gals
Stress over tomorow scan again.. Arrggg... Follicle pls grow big big woah...lining pls stop grow woah..

hi J03 - if ER Wed morning, clear tonight is probably just nice
happy.gif
Good luck for scan tomrorow.. sure will be ok!

Hi Queenie & farisah - welcome !

oh, and Hi to Nancy too! looks like we have a few sistas starting in April.

For preparation, apart from the immunocal, conceive well and folic, can consider taking royal jelly, cut down coffee, and eat fresh - lots of veggies and fruits.

Queenie - recommended to cut caffiene & some sistas take decaf (which still have trace caffiene, or down to 1 cup) or cut coffee/tea completely. Milo has trace caffiene because of the cocoa so u can decide if you want to drink it. Note that most docs will say u can take 1 cup coffee a day. you can take horlicks which has no caffiene.

Eggwhites preferably soft/half-boiled, but some sistas do take it raw into a cup of milo.

long protocol - alot of sistas will have better response as i only did the short but roughly.

CD21 - start suppressions (ie. lucrin), roughly 10-14 days.
if supperssion all ok, start stimulation jabs (ie. puregon, gonal-f) for around 11-14 days depending on growth.
Then trigger shot 36 hours before ER.
on day 3, then ET.
2ww starts from ET.

hi Nancy - don't worry about implantation now! It's the one thing that we will never know as science hasn't caught up with that bit for now...

Hi Queenie, I am still around!
happy.gif
i am waiting for my af to come then can offically start liao, first time wish my af can come faster, should be here a few days time..
btw, how you know you are on long protocol? After blood test doc loh told you?

to prepare my body, i eat royal jelly, folic acid, pre-natal, Dr Zou medicine, red date drinks, and chicken essence as and when i remember.

With regards to Milo, Dr Zou told me is ok to dink leh and when i ask her is it nessecary to take immouncal, she said sometimes taking too much supplements will made the person stress hence which is no good, so ask me if can no need to drink, just eat healthy and the nessecary supplements.

Hi Ron,

Thanks! I am worried about tomorrow scan too. I think for the time being, I have the least follicles among the sisters here.
sad.gif
Hopefully it can be more than 6 tomorrow
happy.gif

Hi J03 and Serene, good luck to our follicles. May they grow big big and sui sui.
happy.gif

Hi ron
Thk u for ur advise..;)

Hi melodi
Jiayou to our follicle.. I really stress and afraid of scan.. Hope can proceed to er soon...U will hv many nice follicle tomorow..;)

hi all again..
brief intro of myslf.

been a silent reader since last year wen i embark on tis journey w kkh/sf loh.did fresh cycle/fail then fet/fail..no heartbeat @6wks.did DnC,waited 3mths b4 next fet.chose Care as DH n i felt we needed a chg of environment and kkh remind us of too many unpleasant memories.

recently went for consultation w Care..so far so good.am very comfortable w Angela and best of all she emphatises and listens to our needs.tho it mayb expsv coz private but at the end of the day...itz all worth it!

Good morning ladies..

Welcome pink, queennie and farisah.

Melodi, serene, j03
All the best for your scan today, tell us your good news immediately after scan ok!!! Hopefully our ER date just next to each other. Jiayou jiayou!

Clb
Good luck for your coming ER.

Morning everyone !!!

Thanks Ron for the advise. Any idea where i can buy the brazil nuts? What is Immuoncal?

Nancy - Looks like we going to be cycle buddies. Are u with Prof Wong too?

Hi Farisah - Not advise
happy.gif
just sharing since all of us are on the same journey. most i learn shared from the seniors here too. i don't take brazil nut. Have seen it being recommended but i dun even know what they look it.. hahaha..

Hi Moo- Good morning! Jab free day today! Enjoy.

Hi Pink - sorry to hear about your failed cycle/FET. Glad to hear still have frozen embbies to give it another try.

Clb
Yup no more needle for me today, do you have to jab lucrin this morning? Tonight will be your turn for hcg, how much (iu) is yours tonight?

Hi gals
Good morning... Monday bluez woah... Nvm.. After stressful today, just tell myself is a short week this wk for most of us..;)

Hi moo
Morning..
Hv just did my scan., waiting to see ms africa.. Wonder is melodi here? Am happy as my follicle biggest is now 17.5.. At least it grows,. She measure 22follicles but i see 8 hv at least 16mm now. wonder when can i do er? Any idea?
Finally can relieve a bit.. Weekend is real good to relax.. Stress weekday again., must tell myself to relax more... Deep breath...

J03, moomoo,
Thanks for the reply..
Ron, thanks.. Very useful info...

Bingo,
I always assume tt I ll b long protocol cos I m a 1st timer.. But no leh.. A fren told me to call KKH to ask.. So I asked. Perhaps u may wan to chk with them too..
Btw, wat is pre-natal? Buy fr where & wat brand huh? Chicken essence drink nw? Wat's the benefits huh?
With regards to immunocal, I took cos I m scare I can't take so many egg whites.. So at least I hv alternative..
I called KKH juz nw to tell them my menses came yest.. They say ll call me back cos dunno if my med has been prescribed.. Is it supposed to b like tt? Do I hv to go down todae? Aiyah.. Reali lost in a maze like tt.. So sorry for the bullet qns...

Good morning everyone! Thank you all so much for sharing, and hi Ron, thanks for the advice too.. Hi Farisah, are you starting in April too? perhaps we would bump into each other in the clinic too.
happy.gif

where can i find conceive well?

J03 - yeah! very good news. the follicles grew during the weekend. Must must must relax more to prepare for ER now.
happy.gif

Nancy - ConceiveWell is manuafactured by Blackmore. Can find from the pharmacies.

Sistas - do you feel <nua> after taking ConceiveWell ah? i always feel yucky after i take the 2 tablets.

hi everyone, I would like to join in the thread. I have just started my 1st IVF cycle at KK. So far, it's only Lucrin jabs for me...I still have another 10 days or so before I start Puregon in addition to Puregon.

Question...I kept reading about the eating of 'egg whites'. Can someone share why women going through IVF should eat egg whites? At which stage should one start eating the egg whites?

j03-congrats, shld be really soon =)

Moo- how was the jab last night, are u feelin alright today... really worried as heard very painful... any advice?.. i was on 200 puregon..

hi Sami - Welcome! eggwhites is the "easiest" source of proteins which helps the follicles to grow. If you have started suppression, u can start now with the daily 2-3 EW but maybe no need to up 6-8 yet that "challenge" can leave until you start Stims, unless u like eggwhites hehehe.
happy.gif

Hi clb. Dont worry about the hcg jab. All of us will have to go thru this. It's certainly more painful than lucrin &amp; puregon but it is a MUST jab before our ER/ET... what to do right?

jt- did you choose to do it on butt or thigh? worried cant walk or sit .. coz still need to report to work tomor...btw, did u continue to work after the hcg jab?

Hi Ron
Thanks for the reply. Nope.. I don't like jabs nor egg whites! Thankfully, hubby is a medic so he's the one doing the jabs for me. When you say stims, you're referring to the Puregon stage right? To get the follicles to grow?

I didn't read too much of the earlier threads. Are you at the ET stage already or 2ww?

It's really quite a long process...with no certainty of success. Sometimes, I find it quite hard to stay 'positive' when the gynae gives you the low success rates for my age group (> 35 yrs)

clb - the nurse never let me choose. She just jab on my thigh. Dont worry. Can still walk and work after the jab. I only started taking leave from ER day

Clb
Kk usually jab on thigh, but if you do it in gp, cN request dr to jab on butt, less discomfort. How much of hcg you meed to jab? Mine is 10000iu.

Hi clb, I had the hcg jab on butt during my iui
happy.gif
very painful but after a while it will go away. I think still ok to go work but ivf I am not sure.

J03, great to hear your good new
happy.gif
where u ready for ER? Mine not really good news but consider has hope ba. My left ovary they still cannot find any but right ovary have 2 right one, n two potential one. The rest are 5 smaller one. Total I have 9 today. 17, 16, 15, 13.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 7, Lining 11mm triple. Today reduce puregon to 300iu n jab one more day to see how the other two grow. If the two potential did not grow has to jab again. Hmm... If tomorrow scan ok, will my ER on this Friday or sat? Enough time for DH to clear? Because of little follicles, I would be doing ISCI. Anyone sis doing that? Higher chances of fertilized eggs through icsi?

Back