IVF/ICSI Support Group

<font color="#ff0099"> Ron, right now... i'm still super positive..so will try to encourage all sisters here... hahaha..cos soon, i think with all the hormones in my body...i may need the sisters here... =D</font>
5219973.gif

<font color="#ff0099"> hehehe..i used to be quite active in the ttc-ing thread... so collected all these icons over the years... =P i've got more..hahaha..a whole collection...it's only that i'm at home today...so can use all these icons...if at work..hahaha..very difficult to come in... but will still come in...just no colors lor..hehee..

and Yes...it's my very 1st IVF... that's why so excited....hehehee..</font>
5220039.gif

hi Ron,
Thank you!

Hi Cuite,
I will be going for the conselling on 12 Apr and 15Apr for KKIV. When is yours? I am also very excited and looking forward. But mixed feelings.... scare too... ;) we can discuss together when we have doubts. ;)

Hi all, I am new to this tread and have been a silent reader, gaining encouragement and tips from this tread since i started Lucrin in late Feb. I am with SF Loh fr KKIVF. I am now in a dilemma and hope to hear ur girls' view on this issue. I am given 2 dates to start Puregon, 17/3 (thu) and 24/3 (thu). Reason being if i start on 17/3, my ET and ER might be done by someone else as Dr Loh is travelling on 26/27 mar and 1/2 Apr. If I delay to start Puregon on 24/3, then Dr Loh will be doing the ER and ET. Really vexed as it seems I am prolonging my Lucrin jabs jus to accomodate his schedule. And it's not helping tat I am one who is scared of needles. But he is the one supposedly with the magic hands, and that was the reason I choosed him in the 1st first... dunnoe what to do now...appreciate if you girls could comment. tk u =)

clb, it depends whether do you wan Dr Loh to do the transfer a not? My lucrin stage was also extended becos I opt to transfer under him for ivf. I was subsidized patient previously for so-iui.

Daylesford,

Yes. im still with dr cheng. Im left with only 5 embies. dont think all will survive the thaw. dr said survival rate is 60%. meaning maybe i will get 3 out of the 5.

it really take me and hubby very long to decide to try again. and this month is the last to catch the baby (if successful) rabbit train. doc said success rate depend alot on the quality of the embies.

you did medicated or natural FET? hw many you transfer?

12bmom, so it is ok to extend lucrin stage? i mean will there be any unwanted effects as a result of this "extra" extension? Btw, how many days did u extend lucrin by?

Hi clb, oh no, I transfer to be under him also and my date is the same as yours. So if I do not extend my lucrin jab, my ER and ET would be done by other doc also.
sad.gif
Sigh... I am going for my E2 scan this Thursday. Have you done your E2 scan already? How long have you been on lucrin jab?

Hi gals, does anyone know that would there be any side effects if we extend the lucrin stage?

Yck,
Initially I had requested to do natural FET as my AF is regular n I m trying to avoid all the jabs. In the end had to settle for medicated FET as dr Cheng did not allow me to do natural FET as I was over-stimulated with 60+ follicles during fresh n even after my induced AF, had some more follicles still sprouting.

I thawed 7embbies n all survived on thaw day n all were optimistic that 2 will become blastocyst but 4 stopped growing the next day n I transferred 3 (2 r v slow growing ones) that very noon.

When r you going back for your scan ?

Hi Melodi,gues u r going the E2 scan on day 13?
i've been on Lucrin for 18 days counting today.jus did E2 today and got clearance to start on 17/3 or 24/3(did one last week but linning still thick). If I extend Puregon to start next week 24/3, effectively, i'll be jabbing Lucrin for 27 days!...tat's why I am quite sian already. already purchased my 2nd bottle of Lucrin..any gals here jabbed Lucrin so long? anyone know side effects if extend Lucrin for longer than necessary?

Joanne, effectively u were on Lucrin for 21 days b4 u started Lucrin? i'll start Puregon after 27 days of Lucrin jab => 6 days more than you... shld be fine ba? =).. coz i read some where prolonged use of Lucrin will lead to osterprosis (if i rem correctly la.. dunnoe is Lucrin or Puregon), but it's prolonged use... dun think we categorise as that..

To all new 'forumers', welcome to this site. Wish u gals success in ur coming ivf.

Looks like many more under sf loh!
happy.gif

CLB
Did kkivf share wif u the effects of lengthening lucrin? If there is no major concern, u may just want to extend. So that u also hv peace of mind.

Hi CLB,

I am going to the E2 scan on day 17 which is this thursday. The nurse that told me last month that tentatively I would be doing ER and ET end of this month or starting of April. So I think if SF loh is not in on the date you mention. I might be affected too.

Oh so means that on the day of E2 scan, it is not necessary that I would start my Puregon jab?
I am just wondering if I have cysts, does supression jab actually help to increase or decrease the size and number of it.

Valteen, u are under Dr Loh of fresh or FET?
i din have chance to tok to Dr Loh, but the nurse said some pple also delay to fit his schedule, and it's ok to be on prolonged Lucrin for this purpose. i guess they have to say tat ba.. To accomodate Dr loh's schedule, I will have to finish nearly 1 bottle of Lucrin before start Puregon , and kick start 2nd bottle of lucrin ..so prob 37 days or more on Lucrin...any one on Lucrin for 37 days or longer (suppression + stimulation stage)?

Hi Valteen,

Wow, you are in lucrin stage for 28 days. Is your stomach bloated? Or it will only be in Puregon stage then our stomach would be bloated?

Melodi, yup has to be thin, 5mm or below tat...my E2 today states 5mm.. sorta jus passed.. guess tat's why delay 2 days b4 start puregon, maybe urs will be thin by thu? =)..but ya, u'll be in sitution as me hor... will u delay puregon jab too? i'm sorta gearing towards tat delaying thought now.. not sure abt the cysts though, can anyone advise on tat? =)

Hi clb,

I am in a dilemma too when I read your post about SF loh going away again. I think we are left with not much choice right. I purposely transfered from other doc to him because I want him to do my ER and ET. So if that prolong lucrin stage does not affect my cysts I would extend to wait for him too. Hopefully this thursday when scan, they said my lining is still thick, then i would feel much more better :p

Clb
Yes i am wif dr loh too. I had my fresh in jan this yr but was not successful. Going for fet in the coming one or two cycles.
happy.gif
I remembered i am close to finish my bottle of lucrin then hv to buy anthr one just for one time usage cos i forgot to bring my balance to let them check whether hv enuff for one more jab or not.

Melodi
Actually thats what i remember leh, abt 28 days lucrin or v close to it. Just checked my calendar, yes wor i think i did a 28 or 29 day lucrin. The last week was done wif puregon. Er i had no bloatedness during lucrin and puregon. In fact i was feeling normal except on one occasion when i felt giddy during puregon stage.

hi clb
Oh no!! Really sf loh going on leave on that two dates?? Omg!! My er et maybe on the 1st apr... Siao liao lah!! But why they give u the dates so far apart to inject puregeon??

Hi sticky
Thk u.. My bleeding had subsized after the clot comes out... Phew...hope the scan tomorow will be fine for me..;)

Hi melodi
We r buddy as will go for my scan and e2 testtomorow... Sadz n lost now.. But if we delay puregeon one wk, wont the lining become too thick when we start er et??

Hi Joanne03 and melodi, if we continue with the Lucrin, our linning will be thin as it's still being suppressed... i asked why only thurs 17/3 and 24/3 to choose fr.. they said based on experience.. if gals start puregon on thurdays, then ER and ET will prob not be a weekend, else troublesome... so it's more for tat purpose.. ttyl later

Hi clb
Oh i see... Omg.. But will our eggs get too old by then?? Me today already inject thirteen day of lucrin.. ;(
Why so many hipcup for me? First delay menses, follow by polyp removal and now gynea not available... Sigh...

Hi jo
Thks .. U r lucky to hv avoid this date..;)

Sunstillshines,
This my 1st fet and i think will be e last too.

Previously strike in my fresh cycle. I have a pair of boy girl twins just turn 2 yrs. Since im left with 5, just try again to see whether god plan to give me another 1
happy.gif

Daylesford,
I hate all e jabs. So opt for natural. But i will still have one painful hcg jab to trigger ovulation. This time round im so much more relax
happy.gif

How many bbs r u carrying now?

Hi CLB, sorry went for dinner just now. Yes I be at KK around that time too.
happy.gif

Joanne03 n you will be my this round buddies :p think our ER n ET date will be quite close. This is my first IVF too so quite nervous actually
happy.gif

Err... Another question, will be our lining as thin as 1mm if the lucrin stage is too long n on the other hand the eggs are too big in the end. Hee anyone know the answer :p

Actually very tempting to ask dr loh all these questions. > < Maybe after Thursday see how my scan is then email him all the questions :p

Hi Melodi, ya i've alot of reservation abt the prolonged Lucrin stage. 1s time doing ivf also. will prob email Dr loh tomor... hopefully he'll reply and I will share with u here... yup.. we prob cycle buddies if i delay till next thu... haiz.. still feelin sian abt this delay..

Hi melodi n clb
This is my fresh and first ivf too.. Quite scare n worried..

Hi clb
So u confirm inject puregeon next week?

Hi melodi
When u intend to inject ur puregeon?

HI Joanne,

It all depend on my thursday scan. I already on 17 days of lucrin jab thus if nurse say ok can inject puregeon, I will delay until next week too.
happy.gif

Back