IVF/ICSI Support Group

tks faith..
congrats to u! after first trimester, u should be enjoying ur pregnancy... i had nauseousness till abt 3 months frm my first pregnancy.. after tat can start to eat things normal... sleep is the best cure...
happy.gif
take care and enjoy ur preganancy...

tks Gan...
saw the update spreadsheet... hope to meet more sistas soon... can i chk with u all if the jab (lucrin) is painful... anyone ever forget their jabs or pills? wat should i eat now... other than ginger red dates tea... and chicken essence... and egg white?

Panda
Ms sounds quite uncomfy... Cant eat and cant go out...
Actually i feel normal.. Must keep reminding myself that im preggy.. Dont walk too much and too fast..
U also must walk around slowly more to provide circulation.. Cannot always lie down.. Somremore we lie down too much during 2ww...

Are u drinking chicken ess now? I took one yday.. Hopefully it will help my little ones to grow strongly.. Im thinking should i take every day or alt day... I usually take before i go to sleep...

What food u are taking now? Eg ensure milk.. Eggs.. Etc?
I never take anything special... And i dont like milk.. So im thinking how to get calcium.. Maybe i go buy soyabean to drink..

karen, the jabs i,e. Lucrin, gonal f are not painful. Do jab at the same time everyday. If u r forgetful set an alarm.
During my fresh cycle, i eat egg whites and drink ensure milk.
For fet i drink ensure milk, red dates tea and eat brazil nuts

just faith...night! Sweet dreams!

panda,gan,blissful,baby and fancy - my spotting progress to bleeding liao.
went to 24hr women's clinic abt 5.30am plus,doc say only spotting to go back if there's any fresh bleeding...went home slpt ard 8 am..then by the time i woke up ard 6pm got bleeding liao.
then went back again, high chance is my period is here.
sigh..shall hv try again lor..need to wait til BT on wed but super high chance BFN. anyways will try again in few mths time.
thanks for ur concern. =D congrats to all the BFPs!!

baby,
MS is very uncomfortable.
see lah, i am up again so early, coz feeling hungry and nausea at the same time..need to eat!! just made a cup of cereal, pray i dun puke.

i dun lie down much..coz i m not sleeping alot..though i wish i can sleep more..most of the time sit in front of tv/laptop..yeah..try to walk around the house slowly also..

i taking chicken ess everyday leh..since 2ww..esp now coz i cant eat much food..so i make it a point to take the ess every afternoon.

not really taking special foods.. all along i drink milk everyday...so just continue w it.. i cant tahan powder milk smell one, i take greenfields low fat milk. hee...

since u r eating normally, dont worry too much. at least u can eat!

Rainzz, wait for BT on Wed. there has been cases tht there was bleeding and still BFP! jia you ok??
happy.gif
*hugz*

rainzz no need wait for wed bt. Go 24 hrs tofay and asked for early bt. If u r pregnant u need immediate support. Some girls have bleeding before bt and whe test was actually pregnant. Go down 24 hrs with the bt form kkivf gives u and ask for bt. I did that during my fresh cycle when my spotting becamw light bleeding. take care

rainzz that time i told the registration 24hrs that i am having light bleeding and said i want early bt coz if pregnant, i need to do something to stop the bleeding.

Rainzz, don't give up wait till BT.

GAN, just faith,pandawife, my friend have return n gave me new maternity.

pandawife, lucky u r not working. But I understand what u r going though as my son was all e way to 9mth was wondering how I manage to go though!!!
happy.gif
but was really happy when he was born. My MS normally hit me after 6 week hmmm

blissful fate, yes! my parents also say its all fated..that i m not working now then get pregnant! my babies know how to enjoy life lor..hahahaha...

now i really admire those who have bad MS and still hv to go to work..

ur first scan quite soon rite? next week..must be looking forward to it! i hv to wait another 2 weeks..hehe.. feels like another 2ww.
happy.gif

blissful, same i also no symptoms, besides some brown discharge when i walk long. was just asking my bb to grow well and give me ms so i am more at ease.
only burp after meals, feel hungry more and wake up with sweat though sleeping in aircon room

blissful, this is first bb so i abit kan cheong. but some says if ur mum has ms, u will have. If she doesn't, u won't.
My mum didn't have any ms when she had me but has ms for 9 mths when she had my sis.
so not sure i am like her when she was preggy with me. hmmmmm

Hi Sistas...

Gd Morning...Just wanna wish everyone: HEPI MOTHER'S DAY...

Eventhough we have yet to be mummy...But we will soon...and hopefully all of us can celebrate Mother's Day with our little ones by next year....

Take Care...;-)

blissful fate, yes..this is another long 2ww. bt u r reaching urs soon!
happy.gif

Gan, i also first bb...feels abit lost actually.
i tink i take after my mum..coz she also had bad MS when she was pregnant...

u both dont hv MS yet, please eat and enjoy ur food! now i tink of all the yummy food also wanna puke! its not a good feeling. even see TV gourmet programmes also will feel nausea..very jia lat.

Nadia,

Thanks, so sweet of you.

Yes, wish all the ladies here will have chances to celebrate Mother's Day with their babies soon!

Rainz
The gals are right.. Request for early bt.. At least if bfp can have additional support.. If really bfn then can stop all med and let af come.. Waiting for another 3 days for bt with bleeding is risky and mentally torturing...

Panda
Do u nap during the day? Cos u always wake up so early where got enough sleep leh...
I usually can sleep till abt 11plus.. But now cos alarm wake me up at 8plus to take med.. After that cant get bk to slp liao..

Yr mum has severe ms when she is preggy?? Just like u now??

gan/blissful
The 2 wks wait for scan is just as xinku like the 2ww... Esp for us who dont have ms.. No other symptoms... Dont feel anything... If have abit of ms.. Then at least we know the embryos are growing well... And with ms to manage.. The 2 wks like easier to pass thru...

Somemore i have to take another bt on tue to check my hcg... Another milestone to worry... Hopefully my hcg is growing very nicely... So i can stop worrying...

Morning ladies,

Rainzz - all the best to you, agree that best to monitor and if bleeding continues to go for BT.

Baby/Pandawife/Gan/Blissful - Like baby, I also don't hv much symptoms already. The bloating is starting to go down, my appetite still good. I don't hv any BT or dr appts till my scan, so quite nervous also. Told dh I'll do HPT every few days for some mental assurance..

baby,
i go to bed earlier...usually about 10pm bah.
i will nap for another 1-2 hours either in the afternoon or late morning.
just now wake up 5am, 6am i went back to sleep...work up at 8am again... now waiting for my 2nd round breakfast..ask hb go buy fried bee hoon..wanna try to eat ..:p

yeah..my mum also bad MS when she had me..she says everytime eat halfway..will like choke and puke.. bt she says she din hv it so early in her pregnancy..about 7 weeks like tht..then the MS kicks in.. so she puzzled how come i havent BT start puking..hehe...

ur gynae not doing anymore hcg test?? hmm..i m going CARE twice weekly for bt, dunno if they are testing HCG again...tmr i will know.

nadia thks!

jbean good idea will buy hpt and test every few days. Kk also dun have any bt after the bt confirm the pregnancy.

Baby dun worry abt the bt, i think u r doing fine.

girls, i finally had my first decent breakfast in days!!! *burp*.. hee.. cant eat alot...bt its an accomplishment to be eating solid food so early in the morning...
happy.gif

Yup this will be my 3rd bt to monitor hcg...
Cos my first on d12 is 356. Second bt on d14 is 599.
Dr says its not doubling as it should be so ask me to go bt another on tue... If i didnt go for earlier bt on d12... The d14 bt results will be good enough.. Then i wont have to worry these few days liao....

Cos i notice most ladies only go for one hcg bt.. Then if its positive then will just have to wait for scan... Unless the hcg level is low then need to monitor with repeat bt..
Cos i had mine earlier so did another bt on actual d14... So there is comparison.. The repeat bt is 2 days later.. I read it should double every 2-3 days.. So i console myself that maybe mine double in 3 days tats y the 2 days later bt show its not doubling... But still worrying la..

Dr did say the most accurate way is the scan 2 wks later..

pandawife, good for u!! Fried bee hoon yummy right? I had that yesterday. =)
for CARE when u go for all these bt, is it part of the ivf package or u pay each time u go bt?

Gan, yes yes...very yummy! i managed half a chicken wing, half a sunny side up w the bee hoon...
happy.gif

no package leh..its pay each time i go BT one. i still dunno how much coz the last HCG/prog test havent make payment yet. tht day alot of pple at the clinic, the admin lady says pay during my next visit.

Yeah.... I poo this morning at 7am+. Went back to bed and talking to mummy until now.

Still on empty stomach. Dunno what to eat for breakfast .... thinking of roti prata at jalan kayu leh.

Just Faith, i had the need to poo at 530am..hahah.. after tht went back to sleep also.. hahahaha...very strange hor.. so early need to poo..

ur constipation ok already?

wow! prata.....hmmm.. bt curry leh... spicy...try not to eat too oily / spicy if having MS..

PandaWife. Bo bian lah. When my craving is here, u hv to let me have it. Hehehe. Otherwise I keep bugging DH. Change destination Liao. We are going to casuarina. Hehe

nm, u hv a good day too!

i went for jab last night...angela was out of town.. ning gave me the jab. i just got sms from angela, asking me if i m feeling ok now. so nice of her....

u went down last night? I thought they close on sundays?

I am going to CARE this coming Thurs and Fri
happy.gif

Yes ..she is very concerned over her patients..
happy.gif

Pandawife ur first scan by Paul Tseng or at CARE? waa CARE really monitor the patients.

Just Faith, ur prata and pandawife's bee hoon making me very hungry now. Felt like eating something again. Had cake in the morning and a glass of soya milk but now hungry le

yeah...last night i sms ning at 7pm..told her i hv cramps. she ask me to go down at 8pm ... so happen tht she had another patient going down for pregnyl trigger shot....

mine is mon and thur... u still going at 4pm?? i usually go in the mornings..coz do BT...results will b out within the same day..

u r going for scan and to take BT for ur E2 next week right? very soon will start the stimulation jabs.
happy.gif

Pandawife:
Thurs i am going in the morning before 10am. Cos hubby got to do SST and sperm storage and I got to do blood test for E2.
happy.gif

Yup will start stimulation jabs next fri....very scary....

are u still taking the immunocal?

Gan, first scan can be either Dr Paul or Angela. Depends on Paul's schedule. i am fine with either..they are both very experience...

yeah... they are really very careful and look after us very well. i m impressed.
happy.gif

hmm..cake dun sound very satisfying... since u can eat, go ask hb buy something more interesting!

nm, i m still taking immunocal, and taking it 3 times a day coz still very bloated.. so angela says increase the frequency.

ohh..so mayb thurs i will see u there! usually they ask me to go betw 10-1030.

wht time is ur appt on fri? if its by Paul, shld b very early in the morning before 830am kind of timing... otherwise it will be Angela. Paul is a nice gentleman, dont worry.
happy.gif
bt first scan is to just check to make sure no cysts....so mayb its angela..

i am buying immunocal this thurs too..
happy.gif
ya...maybe can see u on thurs too..
happy.gif

oh ic...then maybe angela lo..cos i doubt i am going down so early ..heheh after seeing angela on friday i will go for hair treatment (steaming only)

btw can pregnant women steam hair?

pandawife, we are boring, just ordered pastamania, it's my 4th order since hearing about the delivery service from Nancy and you! kekeke
coz now both of us are busy comparing the renovation quote we got so lazy to go out.
happy.gif

For your first trimester will be monitor by CARE or you will have Dr Paul as ur gynea?

panda,gan,blissful and baby - when i went yest 1st visit oreadi hv hpt and it was negative.
then when i went at nite..doc say high chance is negative coz shld b my period is here.
if there's clotting then i shld stop the meds.
i c her face i oso noe not good news.
and by the time i rch home got clots liao.haiz..
anyways,mb not meant to hv BFP 1st time round.
i juz take it as my period is here lor.
somemore my hubs very funny,still can tell me..
we leave it to fate.maybe like my driving,i need to take twice.kns..but he very sweet lah,he's more worried abt me coz he said we can try again.
i ask the doc whether izit due to my flu,she juz like very vague like it could happen due to anything.

nm- yes,pregnant women can steam hair BUT if massage is involved,try to avoid massage.
but try to avoid doing full head coloring,unless u die die wanna do then do highlights as it avoids the scalp.
i use to work in a salon, and we do get women getting hair done even when preg.
esp caucasians who likes to get highlights done.
chinese is usually the younger generation who likes to color but cnt they do highlites.

rainzz: is this the stipulated BT u did...maybe wait a few days more....anything is possiblee....
happy.gif

thanks for yr advice on steaming....hmm message as in head message?
i go to phyto hair spa....so the stuff is botanical...i go there to cleanse scalp and steam hair ...cos hair super dry type

nm - hopefully,but i no high hopes liao.haha
no prob abt the steaming.
coz the massage,the pressure given by the therapist might b too hard or wat.
somemore it's better not to take the risk.

Rainzz

when I bfp last year, on the same day I had my hcg done, I had flu the moment I got home. Then start to LS 20 over times a day. The LS lasted 3 days. I cud feel it was virus attack. Though dr loh prescribed me with vitamins, it didn't help me then, though my Hcg was high. I lost it eventually. Like you, the lining was thick n menses came. I din hv d&c. The period lasted abt 10 days. Mum did a mini confinement for about two weeks.

Have a gd rest n dun think so much.

This tim

rainzz, sorry to hear that. *hugz* Do take care of yourself now.
My first fresh cycle, the af also report 4 days before the BT.
Take a break and tiao your body and try again ok. Do you have any frozen embbies? Can do FET when u r ready.

Gan, pasta mania again! hahaha... my hb just went out to buy me porriage for lunch. my in laws they all coming here for mother's day celebration, in case i cannot eat the food my sil is bringing, so special order he go and buy. keke..

hmmm.... i tink 1st trimester monitored by CARE...

nm, enjoy ur hair steaming on friday! do wht u can now coz 2ww will be very bored at home one...hee..

Rainzz, u hv good attitude, i m sure if hv to try again, u will BFP! alot of us here all tried more than once to BFP.... bt still go for ur BT, maybe there is a miracle.
happy.gif

just faith and gan - dun worry i am ok. hv 7 embbies left.
hmm...muz wait how long b4 do FET?
hv to get over it and no point crying over it.
juz not meant to be lor.

rainzz, Dr Loh advised me to wait for 2 AF cycles before doing FET. After your BT, make an appt to see Dr Loh for a review. FET no need to q, once Dr Loh says go ahead u can proceed. I personally find FET less stressful. For my failed fresh, dr loh says maybe too much hormones in body, embbies cannot grow. I don't quite understand but like you I also felt maybe it is not meant to be.
Just take good care of yourself, go accu and keep ur womb warm. Next try will succeed. Jia You!

Pandawife, we had the mother's day celebration yesterday. I think my dh very lazy...kekekeke. but he cooked some black chicken soup for me la, will have that later else i ate too much junk food le.

Back