IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi all,
Did my scanning n BT after Day5 of puregon today. *sigh* doc could only see 1 follicle measuring 9mm on the rite side and none on the left. He said it was still early and it might be too small and to not worry. My lining measured 5.7mm which he said was fine. Will do another scan on Day8. Now awaiting BT to see if need to increase puregon tomorrow. *sigh* quite sad, depressed and dissapointed. Going to crawl into bed to sleep now
sad.gif

Maykel,
My in-laws are OK. Its just that my sis-in-law n her family is also staying with us in the same household. She is always comparing and asking when we are going to have another one... Just don't like the idea of letting her know. BtW, she had her 1st child effortlessly and has been boasting about it... Yesterday, after PM Lee announced the 4 months leave, she also made an announcement that she is going to have another one....So sickening!

Dear Mala,
Do not lose hope. Newspaper will confirm the subsidy next week.

GraceBB,

Don't be bothered with such people. It gets worst during festivities. Aunties, uncles, grandmothers, even unknown neighbours will ask. Aiyah, these pple have got nothing better to do, but only check when couples are doing or not doing it. If they want to appear like some production line, let them be. In fact, I find it vulgar (sorry for the pun) of them asking such questions. Just don't bother abt them, dear. You are not in a race. You will just be pressured by it. Take care!

hi all,

Done my E2 today again. And it is still high. I'm already into 7D of Lucrin injection(20) and it is still high.

Anybody have this problem when u r in stage 1?

Did all of you do this E2 test before starting your stage 2? What is the reasong for a High E2 bloodtest level?

Anything to do with the food I eat? What can I eat to reduce my E2?

Going to see Doctor tomorrow to discuss about this matter.

Hi Mala,

Thanks for your good wishes. Getting anxious now, went to pray at the temple just now. Very scared OHSS worsen after ER and can't go ahead with ET. Sigh... a lot of wild thoughts in my mind.

Don't worry about the govt subsidy lah (I don't think I qualify as going for ER tomorrow), we lucky lucky strike this time round together ok? Then won't feel like we "lu gi (lose out)" on the govt goodies.

Btw, when is your scheduled ER? I realize that you should be around the same time as me and josephine leh.

Hi Austere,

Don't be too discouraged. You must have faith in your gynae, he will adjust the dosage accordingly. Once reach the "trigger" dosage, the eggs will grow fast.

Hi happy,

have your AF come already? I thought AF should be coming soon on around D7 of lucrin? If so, your E2 will drop after menses.

Hi ladies,
just went for my baseline test this morning, lining is 3mm and blood test was told to be good, so I can proceed to stage 2, injecting puregon on the 23 Aug then. Will need to go buy puregon on the 22th then.

Have been drinking Ensure milk and taking egg whites everyday already, I am super kaisu. I hate the smell of milk but have to force myself drinking it everyday.
sad.gif
But for the sake of having baby, it is worth it if can be successful.

Hi,

talking about the baby goodies, I no longer have chance to enjoy the 4 months maternity leave since I have resigned from my work. As for the govt subsidy, I only wish to have a successful one this time round.
Sigh...actually I am a bit worried about the growing of follicles already.

By the way, I prayed for everyone here to have a successful ivf this time and have our own baby very soon when I went to the Si Ma Lu temple. All the best wishes for us.

Rurucat, don't worry too much, you will have a smooth ER tomorrow and all the eggs will be well fertilised!
happy.gif
Be positive!

Hi Bliss,

Thanks for your concern! Sorry for the sorry late answer to your question on how to separate the egg yolk from the egg white. I crack the egg then pour the egg onto a soup ladle with holes (like the ladle we use for steamboat) and the egg white will automatically separate from the egg yolk. Pour the ensure powder over the egg whites then pour boiling water over it and stir. Or if you can't stand milk smell, my gynae says can use cocoa or horlicks or milo.

Egg white is the easiest form of protein to be absorbed by the body so don't have to worry about the extra protein.

Hey, I also went Si Ma Lu temple just now. Maybe we "cha1 jian1 er2 guo4" !

Hi Austere,
I understand how you feel. I was feeling the same yday. Have to think positively. i guess when Prof Ng said it's ok and not to worry, we should take his word for it. Afterall, he is the expert in this field, right? Just wait for the BT result and see how it goes.

Btw, my BT came back and it's normal so i just need to stick to the same dosage.
Was a little bloated this morning. Ovaries are aching and "jiggling" when i was running after the bus.
Just took a glass of Ensure just now and felt much better. Now trying to increase my protein intake to prevent bloating.

Hi Bliss,
To separate egg white from yolk, you can get those plastic egg separator from ntuc/phoon huat. it's alot easier and not messy. I used them for my baking.

Hi Josephine (Jun3)

Thank you for your information. I just called KKH today and the nurse said if company called to check, they will review. So I dun know what to do now....and if I do IVF (FET), then KKH only give 3 days MC ...I thought 14 days hospitalisation? why so different...?

hi blesswbb,
i'm glad to see your post again! indeed i've not been contributing in this thread for quite some time... but i've yet given up hope.
had been taking time to re-condition my body, while waiting patiently for my AF to come naturally after my failed ivf attempt. well...it came but took more than 2 months! guess will attempt my FET when my next AF comes.
anyway... what about your current status?? have you attempted your FET?? m hoping yourself & zeena are still "fighting" this "battle". all the more since our govt had "promised" a bigger "present" for all female S'poreans... hope everything are doing fine for both of you.
to all other gals here.... congrats to those who succeed! while the others.... keep your faith!

bakaholic and rurucat,

thanks for explaining how to separate the egg white and yolk!
happy.gif
But still kinda scared of taking raw eggs. Maybe will keep taking half boiled eggs first.

Dear ladies,
I checked the MCYS website about the current baby bonus, it reads "Twins and triplets (and other multiple births) are counted as separate births. They must be of the first to fourth birth order to be eligible."

Anyone knows what it means? If my first birth are twins, does it mean that both are considered 1st child and both will get 1st-child benefits? Or only one will get the benefit? Very confusing leh...

Hey ladies, Dy Prime Minister Wong Kan Seng will be having his press release tomorrow releasing more details on the baby package. After 1pm tomorrow will have news on website! Stay tuned wor!

Hi. I am new to this thread. I have been TTC for 2 years.

I have just started on ivf and am wondering if anyone has the same problem as me and what did your doc recommend you do?

My doc found fluid in my womb after 10 days of Lucrin. So my ivf cycle was stopped. Now, doc wants to observe one normal cycle (so I'm back on 21 day pill today), do a D&C to clean out the "old" blood (the fluid mentioned above) and then, on this clean slate, start me on my next cycle. sigh... I may have to postpone IVF till Nov. So disheartening...

Anyone has a similar experience?

Hi Catzeye,
Thanks for ur encouragement..
I've already activate my PM, u can try to PM me..
To all the rest, thanks for your advise..I'm still not back on my feet yet...Just a matter of time now..Just trying to keep busy with work now..

Grace BB,
for twins birth, the first twin will enjoy the first child benefit and the second twin will enjoy the second child benefit. meaning both twins will get $3k each but only the second twin will get the dollar-for-dollar of $6K

Thanks Bakaholic and Rurucat,
Kinda feel better now. Will see how it goes on Friday.

Anyway, has anybody experience anything similar to mine? After Day5, doc spotted only 1 follicle measuring 9mm on the rite side and none on the left with lining appox 5.7mm.

Josephine and Rurucat,
All the best for both of your ER today. Hope more good follicles being retrieved and fertilized. After ER you will feel extremely bloated, just drink Ensure Milk and more water to ease it.

Government Co-Funding for Assisted Reproduction Technology (ART) Treatment

Currently, couples can tap on their Medisave to pay for assisted conception procedures such as intra-uterine insemination (IUI) and in-vitro fertilisation (IVF).

Among the assisted conception procedures, ART treatments such as in-vitro fertilisation are clinical and laboratory techniques for enhancing fertility that involve the mixing of eggs and sperms outside the body. These are more advanced than simpler ACPs such as IUI, and are often costlier. However, the success rate of ART treatment is likely to fall with age. Couples who may have difficulty conceiving should try to seek treatment early.

In addition to the Medisave measures, the government will help to make such ART treatment more affordable by co-funding the treatment costs. This will start on 1 Sep 2008 at the public hospitals and couples who qualify will receive 50% co-funding of up to $3,000 per treatment cycle, up to a maximum of three cycles.

The eligibility criteria are:

Both you and your spouse are Singaporeans at the start of the ART cycle;
You have no more than one child with your spouse;
You are below 40 years of age at the start of the treatment cycle;
You have been assessed by an AR doctor to have met the clinical requirements for ART;
Your treatment must involve a fresh cycle;
You should have no more than two embryos transferred during the cycle; and
You have not received three co-funded cycles in the past.

Nicole

Do you know how do they determine who is eligible for the co-funding i.e. Those who start lucrin from 1 Sep 08 onwards, those who did ET from 1 Sep onwards or those who are still receving ART treatment from 1 Sep 08 onwards.

Or is there any website I can read more about it?

Thanks for sharing

Hi Nicole G,
Thanks for the info. I won't be able to qualify for it since i am doing it in private hospital and my ER could be next wk. Oh well...

Hi Ladies,
I am getting more bloated now. I am at my D7 puregon. Is that normal? trying to drink 2x ensure milk a day to ease it.

Hi

I'm thinking of doing my 2nd fresh cycle again. Not sure if I wan to go back to KKH again. I am thinking of switching to NUH instead. Any of the ladies here with NUH? Which doc of you recommend? Anything I should take note of?

Thanks in advance

Dear Nicole G,
Hey, thanks for the long awaited news. Sure only for public hospitals only? Or they will extend to private ones at a later date?

Dear Hangong,
I'll be doing mine at NUH. Seeing Prof PC Wong.

Hi Cale,
I didn't call regarding the blood test result, cos was already told to go ahead with 1 more last dosage of pregnyl this fri.

Hi GraceBB,
Dun bother abt ur SIL. Aiyo, all these pple really ejoy making pple feel upset. These pple had it easy and did not consider other pple's feelings. Dun worry, you jia you and dun let her affect you.

I agree with Mystyy, we are not in a race, having a baby is a lifelong committment. Most impt is the quality (how you nurture ur child), not quantity.

Hi Nicole,
Thanks for you info
happy.gif

Hi Nicole G & all ladies

Thanks for the info. Do you know what is the cost of ivf at kkh now? So how much do we need come out from our pocket (eg. for 1st IVF )?

Hi autumn,
I am doing at kkivf now, doc told us initially that the estmated cost is abt $7-8k depending on the progress. But i calculated that i had spent more than that, abt $9-10k cos my reaction to puregon is slow and was on longer and higher dosage. Can deduct $6k from Medisave for 1st ivf
happy.gif

Hi autumn_08,

the cost of ivf at KKH is around 8K to 9K. We can use $6K from medisave for first ivf, so the rest come from our own. But for the new scheme about the co-funding of the govt, not sure how much lesser is needed to pay in cash then.

Dear ladies in 2ww,
Today is my 8dpt and i am starting to get a bit depressed...dun know whether is it because i feel guilty at going out these 2 days. Went kkh yest and temple today. I am oso having constipation 1 day and diarrhoea the next day, makes my tummy uncomfortale and crampy, hiaz....does anyone experience this? I had already stopped taking milk but is still like that leh.
Maybe i'm oso worried abt my beta test next fri...still long way to go but i'm v anxious already....

Hi autumn,

I am also doing at kkivf, was told the estimated cost by the nurse about $7k-$9k. I haven't got my final bill yet. My total expense is estimated to be around $7k.

Maykel,

don't worry too much. I know it is really hard not to think about it, but must really try to make your mind occupy with something else. Try to do things or go places that make you feel more relaxed and happier.
Must stay positive and tell yourself to have a happy life no matter what. Always have good thoughts, you will be blessed.
Will pray hard to hear good news from you.

hi maykel
don't get stressed. just relax and sometimes too much of milk could cause diarrhoea. may be try taking some yogurt drink it also has enough protein.
Yogurt (8oz)
Protein (g)
Yogurt, fruit, low fat 9.92g
Yogurt, regular, low fat 11.92g
Yogurt, regular, skim milk 13.01g
Yogurt, regular, whole milk 7.88g
may be take a walk to near by park to see kids play then you will be ok.
do not stress and don't think about your test.
Take it easy dear

Hi Maykel,
Have you tried drinking Ensure milk? You can drink tonic soup and I believe it helps. Keep remain positive yah. Don't worry too much coz it will affect the embies. Take care.

all ladies,
if you don't like ensure or need a change take some yogurt drink or you can also have some chick pea (soak overnight and cook it will a little bit of salt) tastes good.
These are other mode of protein and the protein level in them is way higher than egg.
hee hee...i am a vegetarian so had to check all this.

Maykel,

Ya, don't worry too much ok, you maybe just tired after going out. You went out for good reasons. Do some breathing exercise to relax.

At least you are in your 2ww. I can't start yet, starting another round of 3 weeks Gynera bec my past two BT for E2 is high. Did a UScan this morning, confirmed is bec of the cysts from last month affecting the E2 level.

Jia You! You are one step nearer to your goal my dear!

Maykel, Bliss Tan, Cale, juju78.

Thanks for sharing. That means we still have to come out from packet abt 1k - 2k after the co-funding, am i rite ?

Kalki,

You are vegetarian. So am I. What type of vegetarian are u? Lacto-Ovo or Vegan? Can u take eggs and milk? I'm a Lacto-Ovo. So nice to know a veg buddy here.

Rurucat and Josphine,
How are both of you feeling after your ER? should be tire right?

Hi Maykel,

Did you not curious on your progesterone test result? Thought it could give us an insight if our current progesterone level is enough to support the lining.

You are not alone, I am also getting more anxious and worried. My beta is one day after yours. Very tempted to test with the HPT strips at home, but i know it's too early now. Just a thought, not really dare myself to do it yet, not sure if i am mentally prepared to accept the outcome. All ladies in 2WW, let's jia you together
1653013.gif

I did not really have diarrhea. Only constipated and gassy. May be you are too mentally exhausted? Try to rest more these few days. If really feel very uncomfortable, can go to KK women 24 hours to seek treatment. Take cara ya.
1653014.gif

Kalki,

Do you face a lot of pressure from pp around you asking you to take meat inorder to build up your body for pregnancy? I was worried at first but am was not willing to compromise my ideals.

I'm glad I found this book Vegetarian Pregnancy in Borders. I find it very useful and is more confidence to explain to others now.

http://www.storknet.com/bookshelf/hroberts.htm

Back