IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies .. I'm supposed to push the air bubble out from Ganirelix but pulling out the cap of the needle pushes the jab fluid to the needle. Ended up when I tried to push the air bubble out the fluid came out instead and I couldn't manage to push out the air bubble .. is this of any concern when I jab?

Hi ladies .. I'm supposed to push the air bubble out from Ganirelix but pulling out the cap of the needle pushes the jab fluid to the needle. Ended up when I tried to push the air bubble out the fluid came out instead and I couldn't manage to push out the air bubble .. is this of any concern when I jab?
This happen to me sometime too. I saw too much fluid coming out I stop pushing and jus jab on my belly.

Just got discharged from hospital due to bad menses cramps and flow. Adenomyosis git worse and womb enlarged and swell causing horrible pains. Between sisters check with you for bfn cycles does af last longer due to the support medications we took. It's day 10 and still bleeding. Spotting.

I pray sisters in tww spread tonnes of baby dusts in this forum. I failed my first fet last week. Feel like a big lost and hopes diminishing and crashed time and again. Wonder when I can really hold my little one in this life.

Still persevering hearing many sisters success stories hoping one day it will happen to me. And that day comes real soon. We can't be trying forever as age and finance has a big toll on this journey. Told myself after next fet one more fresh with different doctor and that's it. Have done my best will focus on prayers and plead with God to make our journeys successful.

Just got discharged from hospital due to bad menses cramps and flow. Adenomyosis git worse and womb enlarged and swell causing horrible pains. Between sisters check with you for bfn cycles does af last longer due to the support medications we took. It's day 10 and still bleeding. Spotting.

I pray sisters in tww spread tonnes of baby dusts in this forum. I failed my first fet last week. Feel like a big lost and hopes diminishing and crashed time and again. Wonder when I can really hold my little one in this life.

Still persevering hearing many sisters success stories hoping one day it will happen to me. And that day comes real soon. We can't be trying forever as age and finance has a big toll on this journey. Told myself after next fet one more fresh with different doctor and that's it. Have done my best will focus on prayers and plead with God to make our journeys successful.

@mesara I can feel you.. I'm feeling lose too.. My hubby say try another fresh cycle and see how it goes. I think about the jab and the 2ww of waiting then you see Red dot I'm scared. We have done so much and so far why can't we jus have one precious baby.

Sister, sorry that you in such pain. My AF immediately after failed fresh cycle is heavier & longer than natural cycle. Rest well & Hope u feel better & recover soon.

Hi dear,i feel you. Hugs. I have been following your thread n yr strength is admirable.

Lets gather strength from e forum sisters here n brave through this journey. U are not alone in this journey,i am feeling lost too,esp when there are nobody in real life to talk to as we told nobody of this journey. Even if casually told to friends,they do not understand. I will speak to my doctor on my queries bothering my head before i embark in the final fresh journey. E problems are killing me.

Big hugs.

@mesara I can feel you.. I'm feeling lose too.. My hubby say try another fresh cycle and see how it goes. I think about the jab and the 2ww of waiting then you see Red dot I'm scared. We have done so much and so far why can't we jus have one precious baby.
Dear sis, it hurts when don't succeed and it is indeed very frustrating because there are a lot of things we can't control. We can do tonnes of things yet there is no guarantee. Even fail also no exact answer why sometimes. We just do our very best within our means and then hope for the best. I hope you take time to feel but bounce back stronger to try again whenever you feel ready. We are here to support you!

Try pointing the needle upwards let fluid flow to bottom of syringe, tap the syringe to let air bubbles in fluid come to the top all the while with syringe & needle still pointing upwards, then push out the air. Towards the end when all air is almost out, there may be a very small drop of liquid coming out to tip of needle, this is ok, now stop pushing and ready to inject.

I only sleep for 1 hour after each insert sessions. Rest of the time is watching Tv, surfing net. Yeah, I did check my office email on and off and I do agree it makes time pass faster. As Long as u dun get too involved in work is ok. Bake and cook is a good way to destress too. Jiayou.

Call in and see what's the nurse advise for u.

Really? If u dun mind me saying, the nurse gave me a different instruction for the inserts eh -_- both the nurse and pharmacists told me to walk around for 15 mins after the inserts and never lie down. Apparently it's the motion that rubs the gel onto the lining logic. But i really dunno which is the most ideal :(

@piglet02 Thanks for your reply. Will try calling up later. This morning spotting still continues... Maybe I'm out of the game for this cycle... :(
It's daunting but stressing out doesn't help your blastie to fight this battle. Since you really do not know yet, choose to think positive and root for yourself & blastie to hang in there. Praying all goes well. Jia you k.

Really? If u dun mind me saying, the nurse gave me a different instruction for the inserts eh -_- both the nurse and pharmacists told me to walk around for 15 mins after the inserts and never lie down. Apparently it's the motion that rubs the gel onto the lining logic. But i really dunno which is the most ideal :(

Hi dear, are u using crinone gel inserts? Was on that previously and also told to walk ard 30 mins right after. However, other sisters on utrogestan tablets insertion are told to lie in bed for better absorption.
So I think it depends on what your progesterone supports are.
Cheers

I did the same as babycomecome. Last time I inside lying down for 15-30min but I feel some of the medicine will come down. Then Dr Zou say is better to lie down for 1-2hrs so the medicine will totally dissolve inside. I feel what she say also got logic.

The author herself was battling finished ovarian reserve issue. She thus put her degree in molecular biology and biochemistry to good use to research on what lifestyle changes and supplements would help to improve her chances. For CoQ10, one of her bases was a research involving women on fertility treatment being given 200-300mg equivalent Ubiquinol. As such, she recommended those on advanced age having difficulties conceiving to consider 200mg and those like herself with DOR to consider taking 300mg.

Mitochondrial disorder (defective energy production in cells) affects ability of egg to develop with normal chromosomes. CoQ10 has been used to address mitochondrial disorders. That aside, CoQ10 is an antioxidant proven good for reducing oxidative stress on body cells, not solely for sake of fertility. As we age, effect of oxidative stress becomes more apparent as our regenerative ability declines.

Dosage of 200-300mg is safe and side effects are rarely encountered. If concerned with side effects, dividing the total daily dose to smaller amounts taken 2-3 times daily can help. Can also consider info from webmd - http://www.m.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-938/ubiquinol/source-3

Just based on my personal reading & what I follow. If in doubt, pls check with your doc. Just as I did, I would advise that everyone should let doc know all the supplements u r taking so that there is no contraindications with any meds doc would be prescribing you.
I am currently with dr sadhana. I have asked her about taking extra supplements such as coq10 etc. but she replied that all these does not help to improve quality. I am puzzled by her reply, not sure if she is concluding based on my personal record or in general. Nevertheless I still go ahead with the supplements, never try never know what outcome. Any sisters here having same experience with dr sadhana?

Hi, how did yr endo scratch go? Was it painful? Im doign my tomorrow and am worried sick abt it. I cant take pain la.
@Wanbaby, i probably cant give u accurate info if pain or not.. cos i didnt do a full endoscratch..
i had a bit of cramps after but it was bearable. maybe like what other sisters reco, u can pop a panadol first. :)

hi all

My mense report last friday....call up KKH ....schedule to start scanning this coming friday 13/11..D8 of the cycle....as D10 fall on Sunday....

I told the nurse can i start scanning on 17/11 D12 as my mense cycle is 36 to 38 days....so most probably will not be ready so soon for Natural FET....the nurse say must start scan on D8 or D10 only cannot later then tat....but i did ask Dr Tan...he say ok...but the nurse say cant.....No choice....so going to start scanning this friday morning.... It will take me at least 4 scan before ready for ET. my prediction my scanning date...hahah 13/11 , 17/11, 20/11 and 23/11 hahha... if ovulating as plan it will ET on 25/11 to 28/11 one of the days...

Anyone going to scan this friday at kkh?

I am currently with dr sadhana. I have asked her about taking extra supplements such as coq10 etc. but she replied that all these does not help to improve quality. I am puzzled by her reply, not sure if she is concluding based on my personal record or in general. Nevertheless I still go ahead with the supplements, never try never know what outcome. Any sisters here having same experience with dr sadhana?
I guess it's based on the fact that like most supplements, none is a specific medicine for treating egg quality issues or fertility issues. We can take this and tonnes of other measures but no guarantee. Even if see improvement you can't scientifically pin point it is attributed to this or other things we do. My view is to see supplements as what they are meant to be, ie to improve overall health. With improved health condition, hopefully can better handle the stress & excess hormone meds from ivf treatments then hopefully up our chances.

Dear ladies,

I'm new here. Have been reading thru the forum for a few weeks, as me and my husband is considering for IVF. I'm 35 yrs old and my husband is 37 yrs old. We have been trying for 1 yr. Last month, we decided to go for IVF and selected SGH as I wanted to see Dr Yu Su Ling after reading the reviews.

Just 2 days ago, we went to see her and review our test report. To our surprise, she told me that SGH is undergoing renovation from Jan to Jun/Jul next yr, therefore, she can't take in anymore patients. We are very shocked by this news and she further added that, we shd go and consult alternative hospital like KK or NUH to proceed with IVF. What I want to say is, last month, when we see her for 1st consultation, she told us that if we are suitable candidates for IVF, her earliest schedule is mid Dec. Then, this month, she told us SGH going for renovation soon. We are lost for words when we heard that.

But we didn't argue further during the consultation. My husband feel tat we should call up SGH again and see if we can get a slot again. I'm in a dilemma now.
I called up KKH today and they have a slot with Dr Sadhana on 24 Nov for me. I have read good and bad reviews on her and also the long waiting time worries me. We wanted to start our IVF asap.

Any idea when will my IVF start if we go for KKH? Thanks ladies in advance.

Hi dear, are u using crinone gel inserts? Was on that previously and also told to walk ard 30 mins right after. However, other sisters on utrogestan tablets insertion are told to lie in bed for better absorption.
So I think it depends on what your progesterone supports are.
Cheers

I'm on crinone 8% progesterone vaginal gel! I was told to lie down after the insert for 20mins for the medicine to absorb. So which is accurate?

One or 2 drops of fluid coming out is fine, I think most importantly is, so long as all the fluid in the jab goes into your body, that should do the job.

Dont give up.. you are halfway there already. The nurse at kkh told me spotting is normal after ER and ET. Call kkivf and see what the nurses say.
It's daunting but stressing out doesn't help your blastie to fight this battle. Since you really do not know yet, choose to think positive and root for yourself & blastie to hang in there. Praying all goes well. Jia you k.

Thanks for the encouragement and support.

This is my first IVF and I have little knowledge of what to expect. At first I thought the spotting looks promising cos maybe is IB but spotting for 6 days now is really worrying. The spotting is brownish though which still gives me some tiny little hope that the game is still on. Hopefully it subsides soon. 5 more days to BT!!

Anyone knows if the hospitalization leave slip from kkh indicates kk ivf? Better not state down .. I never inform that I'm on ivf programme .. just that I'm going on minor day surgery

I'm on crinone 8% progesterone vaginal gel! I was told to lie down after the insert for 20mins for the medicine to absorb. So which is accurate?
How about lie down 20 mins as you are told then plus walk around 15mins. So long as the insert doesn't slip out in whole, some discharge is fine as I was advised by nurse. Don't worry too much as it causes stress and that's no good for u.

So means with diminishing ovarian reserve, have to take a higher dosage? 300mg is good?

The appt to see dr Tan is very long lor. They scheduled me to see him on 16-Dec but I pulled the appt in to 4-dec. As for when u can start, wait for dr Tan to advise u ba. Recommended is 3months, I tink.
Oh no have to wait another 3 months ay. Haizzz

gan1972, post: 8176491, member: 59306"]Baby dusts to all sisters here ..:: just got call from TFC and is a BFP. Hope all sisters cycling , will hear good news from you.
Congratz and grabbing your baby dust[/QUOTE]
@gan1972, Congratulations!! Grabbing your bb dusts! Wish you an enjoyable & fulfilling preggy journey! :)

Dear ladies,

I'm new here. Have been reading thru the forum for a few weeks, as me and my husband is considering for IVF. I'm 35 yrs old and my husband is 37 yrs old. We have been trying for 1 yr. Last month, we decided to go for IVF and selected SGH as I wanted to see Dr Yu Su Ling after reading the reviews.

Just 2 days ago, we went to see her and review our test report. To our surprise, she told me that SGH is undergoing renovation from Jan to Jun/Jul next yr, therefore, she can't take in anymore patients. We are very shocked by this news and she further added that, we shd go and consult alternative hospital like KK or NUH to proceed with IVF. What I want to say is, last month, when we see her for 1st consultation, she told us that if we are suitable candidates for IVF, her earliest schedule is mid Dec. Then, this month, she told us SGH going for renovation soon. We are lost for words when we heard that.

But we didn't argue further during the consultation. My husband feel tat we should call up SGH again and see if we can get a slot again. I'm in a dilemma now.
I called up KKH today and they have a slot with Dr Sadhana on 24 Nov for me. I have read good and bad reviews on her and also the long waiting time worries me. We wanted to start our IVF asap.

Any idea when will my IVF start if we go for KKH? Thanks ladies in advance.

I'm with Dr Sadhana. Saw her for the first time in mid Sep and I'm scheduled for IVF for Dec cycle.

Same for me... First one already busted..... depress till quarrel Wif hubby... Tmr is the BT don feel like going.... I know the answer for my result.

Anyway most of you went to kkh..... Is there any diff between kkh n sgh. I'm under Dr Yu.
My BT will be Fri, just go there to close the case as I already know the result Liao .... Not much can do just close the case and prepare for next fresh cycle lor...

Hi dear, I have previously Google on this and according to what I have read, it seems that walking after insertion of Crinone gel aids best in absorption. Maybe you want to clarify with the doc or nurse again. I don't experienced much discharge from the gel myself. What about you?

I just ended my second fresh cycle. Retrieved 14 follicles but no fertilisation at all. So nothing to transfer at all.

Disappointed with the result of this cycle, but there is nothing much to do now. Just have to decide whether wanna do another round in the future.

Chasing rainbow, tks for ur reply. I guess we hv to wait till Feb or March then. Do u find Dr Sadhana gd?
I only saw her once and it was a chop chop one and I didn't ask many questions. I chose her coz my friend's sister was seeing her for IVF (and it was successful). I didn't research much about the KKH doctors.

Thanks for the encouragement and support.

This is my first IVF and I have little knowledge of what to expect. At first I thought the spotting looks promising cos maybe is IB but spotting for 6 days now is really worrying. The spotting is brownish though which still gives me some tiny little hope that the game is still on. Hopefully it subsides soon. 5 more days to BT!!
Are u also with kkh under Dr Jerry Chan? I did my ER on 30 0ct appt at 8am & there was another lady also waiting tgr. Was that you?

Are u also with kkh under Dr Jerry Chan? I did my ER on 30 0ct appt at 8am & there was another lady also waiting tgr. Was that you?
Nope, I'm with SGH CARE. But I did my ER on 30 Oct too. ET on 4 Nov. When is your BT?
If this time not a success for me, I also dunno what to do next cos SGH CARE will be undergoing renovation soon. Might have to switch clinic.. not sure. Is Dr Jerry good?

Back