IVF/ICSI Support Group

Allow me to spread some bb dust too... 7+ weeks now.
History: am 37 yo, married almost 9 years. Seen 2 tcm since 2010 but no results. Then went for 2 IUIs, once in 2013 another 2014. one bfn another bfp but ended w MC. embarked ivf this year, one fresh in Mar n 1 frozen in Jul. the frozen one was a bfp but ended miscarrying(chemical pregnancy) 5+ weeks.
Think some of you may hv known that this pregnancy is naturally conceived, which is a miracle considering my history n age... I believe that ivf has helped prepare the body and miracles will happen to all of us who really want a kid.
All the best ladies!!!

Hi sisters,

Understand a lot of sisters take Coq during the IVF cycle . Any sisters are takeing the GNC prenatal supplement ,there are 3 bottles including one bottle of DHA. I still have one set with me now, should I continue to take or change to Coq instead ?
I tink is ok to take separately in a day few 2-3 hrs apart...

History: am 37 yo, married almost 9 years. Seen 2 tcm since 2010 but no results. Then went for 2 IUIs, once in 2013 another 2014. one bfn another bfp but ended w MC. embarked ivf this year, one fresh in Mar n 1 frozen in Jul. the frozen one was a bfp but ended miscarrying(chemical pregnancy) 5+ weeks.
Think some of you may hv known that this pregnancy is naturally conceived, which is a miracle considering my history n age... I believe that ivf has helped prepare the body and miracles will happen to all of us who really want a kid.
All the best ladies!!!
Congrats, so happy to hear more success stories after a tough journey, rest more and take gd care of ur body!!! :)

Hello to all .. I'm going for ivf briefing next week and due to start my first fresh cycle nxt month. How many scans r estimated to be required and usually how many days of hospitalization leave (ET or ER?) Will be given and from when onwards if under kkh? I feel like asking for unpaid leave else got to work around my current leave plus hospitalization leave for ivf cycle .. my direct report is a male and I don't feel comfy telling him
Hi Hopeful
I just did my fresh cycle ivf, now on 2ww. The scanning should start from D2 of AF, in total I had 3 scans done before proceeding for the trigger shot. HL will start from ER all the way till your BT date, which will be around 17 days. U/s scans are done in the morning, prepare to go as early as 7am to queue even though the door will open at 7.30am and starts only at 8am. First appointment from D2 of menses cycle, I took halftime day off as it took me some time before I had the courage to self inject with the help of nurse. From second scan onwards, will need to see doctor after each scan to review the progress and collect medication, so prepare around 2-3 hours for the whole session.

My supervisor is female, she also cannot be understanding :( So don't stress over them and look forward to achieve a BFP. Baby dust to you :)

All the best ladies!!!

Big big congrats! Grabbing your bb dusts.
Wishing you and your miracle bb well and have a smooth enjoyable preggy journey! :)

I went for my scan on Friday and saw the heartbeat so let me spread and sprinkle baby dusts!

Anyway, just to share, the below was what I did for my fresh cycle and FET.

Please do not ever give up ok! I thought I had failed my cycle when there was only 1 embryo that was fertilized normally. But I'm glad I didn't give up. It just takes 1 to stick.

And don't fret if you don't have many follicles. It's the quality, not the quantity that counts!

Jiayou all!

Hospital : Raffles Hospital
Gynae : Dr Sheila Loh

Conditions : Severe Endometriosis, Adenomyosis on the left side and 3.5cm cyst on the right ovary.

IVF Long Protocol
Start with Lucrin – 10 units – 6 weeks
Stimuate follicles with Puregon – 4 units – 2-2.5 weeks (initial scan showed only about 5-8 follicles)
Ovidrel 2 days before ER
ER – retrieved 15 eggs. 14 injected (ICSI) and only 1 fertilized normally
Progesterone too high so have to delay transfer and freeze embryo – Grade-2 4-Cell Day-2 Embryo
7 days HL after ER

Food wise :
Took GNC’s woman multi vitamin and folic acid (from hospital) about 2 mths before IVF.
Switched to Vitamin Code Raw Prenatals about 3 weeks before IVF starts.
Longan red date & wolfberry tea during stims
Brazil nuts
Figs
Avocado
Golden Kiwi every day
No tea/coffee
Continued my Reserve by Jeunesse once a day
1 tsp chlorophyll in water daily

Non-medicated Frozen Embryo transfer following month.
Ovulate on CD 15
FET on CD 18 – 1 Embryo
Crinone inserts twice daily from FET
Progesterone injection on FET morning and every 3 days (in total only 4 injections)
Laugh a lot on ET day
Took 1 week leave after ET as only had 1 day HL.
Massage plus ginger wrap by Rozilah Bani (fb) 1 week before FET
Wear socks at home and when sleeping

Food wise :
Continued taking Vitamin Code Raw Prenatals
Durian a few days before and after ET
Longan red date tea
Brazil nuts
Walnuts
Raisins
Figs
Kiwi
No cold water
No tea/coffee
Confinement food for 2 weeks after FET (from Sizzling Dyyana in FB)
Lots of plain water (I bought bottled water so I make sure I drink)
Continued my Reserve by Jeunesse once a day
1 tsp chlorophyll in water daily
Congrats. So happy for you. Grabbing your bb dust. Can I know, you took GNC pre-natal supp+ folic acid together? Cos prenatal already hv folic acid. Is tt too much? Cos I'm also on GNC prenatal supp n stopped my folic acid thinking it might be too much.

@BlossomGirl, you are already a very brave gal.
Talk to your growing embie everyday.
Take good care and i wish you all the best on your 2ww. :)
DawnBB, so glad to receive your encouragement. Yes, I touch my tummy and look the picture of embryos and pray with my heart. Cheering for you as well :) together we stand strong

Last edited:
Can anyone relate?

I'm feeling like pregnancy is never going to happen and more and more of my friends are getting pregnant off 1 or 2 tries. After a 2 years of Ivf it's taking a toll on my marriage. We are mainly male factor infertile and I feel angry at my Husband although I know it's not his fault. I also feel like my body just won't get there. It's also ruined our intimate life. I just feel so angry right now. Then I feel bad for feeling angry as everyone tells me that I have so much good in my life and that I need to stay positive. It's exhausting being so positive.

Can anyone relate?

I'm feeling like pregnancy is never going to happen and more and more of my friends are getting pregnant off 1 or 2 tries. After a 2 years of Ivf it's taking a toll on my marriage. We are mainly male factor infertile and I feel angry at my Husband although I know it's not his fault. I also feel like my body just won't get there. It's also ruined our intimate life. I just feel so angry right now. Then I feel bad for feeling angry as everyone tells me that I have so much good in my life and that I need to stay positive. It's exhausting being so positive.
Hi Otter
I am also married for roughly 2 years now. Sometimes, I also felt angry with my husband for not being "active during my peak" and end up I have to suffer needle pain through the ivf. But he always give in to me and treated me well so I regretted for throwing tantrums at him. For me, I feel that I chose this guy, no matter what we have to face it together. So give each other some time and medicine is so advance now, there should be a lot of possibilities to explore. Stay positive don't feel unnecessary stress, together we stand strong :)

Hi, has your period gone haywired after a failed fresh cycle?

I got BFN on 21 Sept (from a fresh cycle), period started on 23 Sept, lasted a good whole week, to 30 Sept. (all normal up to here...) Now a week after period ends I got spotting and what seems like menstrual flow again??!! Am so confused now.

Arranged earlier for a endo scratch next week and FET when my next period due (supposedly end of October). Now...

Can anyone relate?

Totally can relate! I'm in the same situation while on IVF coming to 1 year but been through 4 failed transfers (including 1 FET).

You feel angry and under a lot of pressure yet unfair why you, why can't succeed etc and worse have to still be sensitive to others' feelings, including DH's or even parents etc. It is totally natural to feel this way and it is healthy to face your emotions, but you really need to get through and out of the emotions quickly too to be able to ride on this rough journey.

I think you already know this but I hope maybe hearing from someone in the same boat, is more assuring. The negative emotions are not going to change anything but is prob going to strain your relationship with hubby. It's even harder for men to express but trust me, DH is already kicking himself. He wants to try but the fact is, he also feels pressure and his libido will get affected.

It actually doesn't help if you don't communicate and he thinks you are miserable and maybe blaming him though you appear brave and positive. I actually have moments when I come clean with my feelings and literally express what i actually think. It usually happens at the height of the devastation of every BFN. Each time i cried very hard, tell him i know it is not his fault, he doesn't want this too, that it's not about him, i feel angry and unfair because i already tried so hard yet things still come to nothing. I even told him hey, I'm not that strong one, I'm tired and don't know how I can take another BFN. I just whack and he just accompany me then we just do things that make us happy together. Life goes on and be kind to yourself - eat something nice, go for a movie and get back to simple usual routines to feel normal again.

Then pick up from there, understand the facts of your situation and focus on next options. My motivation is still the fear of living with regret if I have not tried all options within my means to carry a pregnancy with my own body.

It's tough but perseverance is very key in this journey. A lot of wonderful ladies here give support and are very inspiring. So I hope you don't give up and find the strength to ride through this and get bfp soon. Let's jia you!

Last edited:
Hi, has your period gone haywired after a failed fresh cycle?

I got BFN on 21 Sept (from a fresh cycle), period started on 23 Sept, lasted a good whole week, to 30 Sept. (all normal up to here...) Now a week after period ends I got spotting and what seems like menstrual flow again??!! Am so confused now.

Arranged earlier for a endo scratch next week and FET when my next period due (supposedly end of October). Now...

Yes me, experienced this for my 2nd fresh icsi in May/June. there is a very recent discussion on this same topic which you will find helpful. Don't worry too much. Go read page 3794 and the posts on Sunday morning onwards.

Feel free to ask if you still have any questions or if you like, can also pm me.

Totally can relate! I'm in the same situation while on IVF coming to 1 year but been through 4 failed transfers (including 1 FET).

You feel angry and under a lot of pressure yet unfair why you, why can't succeed etc and worse have to still be sensitive to others' feelings, including DH's or even parents etc. It is totally natural to feel this way and it is healthy to face your emotions, but you really need to get through and out of the emotions quickly too to be able to ride on this rough journey.

I think you already know this but I hope maybe hearing from someone in the same boat, is more assuring. The negative emotions are not going to change anything but is prob going to strain your relationship with hubby. It's even harder for men to express but trust me, DH is already kicking himself. He wants to try but the fact is, he also feels pressure and his libido will get affected.

It actually doesn't help if you don't communicate and he thinks you are miserable and maybe blaming him though you appear brave and positive. I actually have moments when I come clean with my feelings and literally express what i actually think. It usually happens at the height of the devastation of every BFN. Each time i cried very hard, tell him i know it is not his fault, he doesn't want this too, that it's not about him, i feel angry and unfair because i already tried so hard yet things still come to nothing. I even told him hey, I'm not that strong one, I'm tired and don't know how I can take another BFN. I just whack and he just accompany me then we just do things that make us happy together. Life goes on and be kind to yourself - eat something nice, go for a movie and get back to simple usual routines to feel normal again.

Then pick up from there, understand the facts of your situation and focus on next options. My motivation is still the fear of living with regret if I have not tried all options within my means to carry a pregnancy with my own body.

It's tough but perseverance is very key in this journey. A lot of wonderful ladies here give support and are very inspiring. So I hope you don't give up and find the strength to ride through this and get bfp soon. Let's jia you!

Thanks for the reassurance that I'm not alone. It's just so damn difficult atm. My hubby also works really Long hours so We don't have a great amount of time together. You made me feel a bit better though, thanks heaps. Right, on with the day then.

Hi sisters,

It's my D6 of stims today and having lots of ewcm (sorry TMI) since D4 of stims. Is it normal or should I be alarmed that I'm ovulating early?

TIA

Can anyone relate?

I feel you. I struggled and anguished over this when we found out e problem by further investigation of ttc with gynae after 5 yrs of natural trying. But remember this is e man we have chosen. We should love him for wat he is. For better or worse,like wat was sweared in e moment of oath during marriage. He also doesnt want things to turn out this way,and both of us doesnt know this problem before marriage. Problem also might be due to old eggs. As i did heard of very very young eggs are able to combat males fertility challenges.

Be kind to him and yrself. And feel e other little gratitude in life if thgs doesnt turn out wat we wish it to be. As long as you have tried,other thgs aee beyond our control. So..angry n self pity are pointless.

Stay happy.

T
Yes me, experienced this for my 2nd fresh icsi in May/June. there is a very recent discussion on this same topic which you will find helpful. Don't worry too much. Go read page 3794 and the posts on Sunday morning onwards.

Feel free to ask if you still have any questions or if you like, can also pm me.

Thanks so much! Going to read now

Can anyone relate?

i can relate to u! and worse, i havent even embark on journey..
married for 3 years, wanted to try immed after but hub wanted some time to ourselves and he was very confident that once we start trying we will get it.
so despite me saying a few times, cant convince him. till we started trying and he still think it was too soon to fret when i ask for both of us to go through body checks.
so ya, loads of frustrations faced. anger towards him for delaying my time and not listening to me in starting earlier..
i also dont dare to hold hopes that i will hv one in my arms anymore even as much as i try to be positive.
worse when friends come to u, announcing their pregnancies and telling u what posture to try agen they already know u are scheduled for ivf. irks me for their insensitivity.
so ya u are not alone.
and let's jiayou!!

Last edited:
Hihi,

Should we continue our supplements during 2ww or should stop? I'm taking blackmores conceive well, iron, zinc and vit C.

Also for raspberry tea, do we still take during 2ww?

Can anyone relate?

What you are feeling is natural. But you can try to combat it by thinking, what if the tables were flipped and the problem was with you instead? Or what if you can conceive, but your womb is not strong enough to carry the pregnancy through? We never know, with this journey of pregnancy.

When we had difficulties conceiving, I used to be terrified that the problem was with me cos my health has never been very good. Eventually, we realised that the problem was entirely something else altogether, I felt so relieved. Before that, my assumption had made me feel so guilty all the way.

If this is troubling you so much, as it had troubled me for so long, perhaps you should see a counsellor. Chin up....

Hi Otter
I am also married for roughly 2 years now. Sometimes, I also felt angry with my husband for not being "active during my peak" and end up I have to suffer needle pain through the ivf. But he always give in to me and treated me well so I regretted for throwing tantrums at him. For me, I feel that I chose this guy, no matter what we have to face it together. So give each other some time and medicine is so advance now, there should be a lot of possibilities to explore. Stay positive don't feel unnecessary stress, together we stand strong :)
You can torture him for 9 mths when your IVF is successful :) Make him do this, do that and everything. You just sleep.

Hello to all .. I'm going for ivf briefing next week and due to start my first fresh cycle nxt month. How many scans r estimated to be required and usually how many days of hospitalization leave (ET or ER?) Will be given and from when onwards if under kkh? I feel like asking for unpaid leave else got to work around my current leave plus hospitalization leave for ivf cycle .. my direct report is a male and I don't feel comfy telling him

Hey hopeful! I thought we would be in the same cycle. You are one month later than me.

I had one scan on Day 3 AF on last Monday. I will be going for a scan this Thursday. So it's 11 days later second scan. Not sure if I need to go back for more scans.

@Camilla008, re. TCM. Actually my acupuncture n tcm doc are the same doc. I think a good tcm doc will assess your conditions thoroughly and advise if u need tcm meds with acupuncture or just acupuncture will do. I only started taking tcm meds in addition to acupuncture in June when I needed help to recover from the inter-menstrual bleeding. Otherwise when body condition is healthy, and already regularly having nutritious soup appropriate for the cycle phases, doc suggest tcm meds may be optional. The doc may hv suggestions but ultimately my hubby and I get to decide if we want to have the tcm meds.

I also think you need to feel good about being treated by the doc. If feeling no good, hard to communicate then consultations can be dreadful and counter effective. Also tcm / acupuncture requires a longer term commitment before feeling benefits so you really want to feel comfortable about it. Hope it works out for you. Feel free to pm me if you like to chat more.
Hi h0peful,
Good luck you you.
I have to quit my job as my bosses and HR not understanding at all. They are a bunch of old aunties whom not married. They are not understanding yet they gossips on my IUI and IVF cases. Not helping that I'm in retail and shift hours so going for scans in the morning make it worse.

Any sister going for 1st briefing tomorrow at KKIVF? Though this is my 4th fresh cycle, I am feeling so anxious. Argghhh.... I hate this feeling....

Anyone know the usual waiting time for the scan during the stimulation stage? Need to start planning for my work schedule or take time off. In the past (2012), the waiting time was about 1.5hr in the morning. Wondering whether it is the same now or shorter waiting time?

Any sister going for 1st briefing tomorrow at KKIVF? Though this is my 4th fresh cycle, I am feeling so anxious. Argghhh.... I hate this feeling....

Anyone know the usual waiting time for the scan during the stimulation stage? Need to start planning for my work schedule or take time off. In the past (2012), the waiting time was about 1.5hr in the morning. Wondering whether it is the same now or shorter waiting time?
Hi missyscorpio,
Waiting time seems to be longer now if you were to go early. I have waited from 9am to 11.30am before. So prepare for the long wait especially if the day before is a PH

Hi h0peful,
Good luck you you.
I have to quit my job as my bosses and HR not understanding at all. They are a bunch of old aunties whom not married. They are not understanding yet they gossips on my IUI and IVF cases. Not helping that I'm in retail and shift hours so going for scans in the morning make it worse.
I'm sorry to hear that sweetie. But if finances permit, it is not a bad idea to rest at home while you are on IVF.

Jia you :)

So many of you sisters all going for your cycle soon... I am envious because during my cycle, not many sisters could be my cycle buddy.

Sisters who are IVF-Cycling, the next 10 or so days will be nerve wrecking and stressful. Rest as much as you can, eat as much egg whites as you can tahan without throwing up, start stocking up on Gatorade. Go easy on yourself and don't blame yourself for anything - not even if you have to prick yourself a few times before you get the needles in... I think that's the rite of passage for many of us IVF cyclers.

In the midst of the fatigue, stress and anxiety, you may ask when is it going to end. Don't worry, the 2ww will be here before you know it... I started feeling a lot better a couple of days (around the 4th?) after my ET. Now I'm just enjoying my 'holiday' before going back to work and, of course, praying that beanie sticks. But this is much more comfortable than during the cycle itself.

Jiayou, ok? We are here for you!

Helo any sister here can share longan red dates recipe? Is it boil red dates n dry longan then add brown sugar?

Hi.
No need to add sugar anymore. It is sweet enough.
Boil red dates, longan and wolfberries under big fire. Once it's boiling, tune down to small fire and continue boil another 30mins.
Then u are done. Enjoy!

Hi.
No need to add sugar anymore. It is sweet enough.
Boil red dates, longan and wolfberries under big fire. Once it's boiling, tune down to small fire and continue boil another 30mins.
Then u are done. Enjoy!
Thanks! Can I re boil the ingredients again or have to use a new batch?

So many of you sisters all going for your cycle soon... I am envious because during my cycle, not many sisters could be my cycle buddy.

Sisters who are IVF-Cycling, the next 10 or so days will be nerve wrecking and stressful. Rest as much as you can, eat as much egg whites as you can tahan without throwing up, start stocking up on Gatorade. Go easy on yourself and don't blame yourself for anything - not even if you have to prick yourself a few times before you get the needles in... I think that's the rite of passage for many of us IVF cyclers.

In the midst of the fatigue, stress and anxiety, you may ask when is it going to end. Don't worry, the 2ww will be here before you know it... I started feeling a lot better a couple of days (around the 4th?) after my ET. Now I'm just enjoying my 'holiday' before going back to work and, of course, praying that beanie sticks. But this is much more comfortable than during the cycle itself.

Jiayou, ok? We are here for you!
Hi littlemonkies- what's the reason for drinking Gatorade? And during which period we drink it?

Hi ladies, those who have embarked on 2nd fresh, may I ask what is the max amt we can use from CPF for 2nd fresh cycle? Understand CPF withdrawal cap at 15k.
Thanks

Dear all
I'm grateful to those who are concerned / worried abt my status and I'm sorry I have not been replying to your pm or WhatsApp
I'm really hoping I have bb dusts to spread ard but sadly I dont
Sat, I went to retake my beta and it did went up from 2049.6 to ard 3913. They did a scan and couldn't find a sac and can't cfm if the mass found earlier is in fact the sac as there have not been an increase in size. Was told to come back in another week for scan and I remained hopeful until Sun morn when the brown/red spotting started again then followed by more fresh bleed with blood clots. There was no pain or cramps and I was alr on extra support so didn't rush to O&G immediately. Thereafter the spotting continued on and off. Until tdy when I had bad cramps and sudden heavy flow like menses again then off to O&G. Again they couldn't locate any sac and the mass still didn't increase in size (which means it isn't the sac after all since it will continue to grow). Was diagnosed with blighted ovum and given meds to dissolve the pregnancy.
Was pretty gutted by the entire episode. Felt somewhat bitter and like I'm been taken on a wild goose chase.... Have... Don't have... Have again and finally, still don't have
I rather skip all of these and got the straightforward BFN, at least there won't be so much anguish. Was quite traumatised by it all... Not sure if I wanna proceed with my FET next. I learnt that no amount of time, efforts, money, supplements, TCM and acupuncture etc will create magic if God is not willing in the first place. I'm sorry if I sounded negative, I just kinda come to terms with myself and accepted that it's not meant to be but I have tried my best so I have no regrets I guess.
I embarked on this journey becos of my stillborn baby, couldn't truely get over it but it's time to let go and move on with life. I have other children so even though I do feel gutted and heartbroken, maybe it's easier for me to move on. I have been so obsessed with having another baby that I have neglected my kids during these period. Everything happens for a reason. I should count my blessing and cherish ppl that's already in my life. Maybe God wanted me to set my priorities right.
This will be my first and last fresh. I have 3 frozen embryos, maybe I will give them my last try. But right now, I feel I need to embrace a healing journey instead.
To sisters still pursuing ur dreams, I sincerely hope each one of you gets what your heart desires. If for whatever reason, things doesn't work out for you, I hope you will be at peace with yourself too and find other meanings in life (whichever that is)
Apologies for the long-winded post. I prob won't be ard here much but jiayou to all and take care. With love.

Dear all
I'm grateful to those who are concerned / worried abt my status and I'm sorry I have not been replying to your pm or WhatsApp
I'm really hoping I have bb dusts to spread ard but sadly I dont
Sat, I went to retake my beta and it did went up from 2049.6 to ard 3913. They did a scan and couldn't find a sac and can't cfm if the mass found earlier is in fact the sac as there have not been an increase in size. Was told to come back in another week for scan and I remained hopeful until Sun morn when the brown/red spotting started again then followed by more fresh bleed with blood clots. There was no pain or cramps and I was alr on extra support so didn't rush to O&G immediately. Thereafter the spotting continued on and off. Until tdy when I had bad cramps and sudden heavy flow like menses again then off to O&G. Again they couldn't locate any sac and the mass still didn't increase in size (which means it isn't the sac after all since it will continue to grow). Was diagnosed with blighted ovum and given meds to dissolve the pregnancy.
Was pretty gutted by the entire episode. Felt somewhat bitter and like I'm been taken on a wild goose chase.... Have... Don't have... Have again and finally, still don't have
I rather skip all of these and got the straightforward BFN, at least there won't be so much anguish. Was quite traumatised by it all... Not sure if I wanna proceed with my FET next. I learnt that no amount of time, efforts, money, supplements, TCM and acupuncture etc will create magic if God is not willing in the first place. I'm sorry if I sounded negative, I just kinda come to terms with myself and accepted that it's not meant to be but I have tried my best so I have no regrets I guess.
I embarked on this journey becos of my stillborn baby, couldn't truely get over it but it's time to let go and move on with life. I have other children so even though I do feel gutted and heartbroken, maybe it's easier for me to move on. I have been so obsessed with having another baby that I have neglected my kids during these period. Everything happens for a reason. I should count my blessing and cherish ppl that's already in my life. Maybe God wanted me to set my priorities right.
This will be my first and last fresh. I have 3 frozen embryos, maybe I will give them my last try. But right now, I feel I need to embrace a healing journey instead.
To sisters still pursuing ur dreams, I sincerely hope each one of you gets what your heart desires. If for whatever reason, things doesn't work out for you, I hope you will be at peace with yourself too and find other meanings in life (whichever that is)
Apologies for the long-winded post. I prob won't be ard here much but jiayou to all and take care. With love.

I'm sorry to hear that, drama queenie. Please take time to heal, and do update us on how you are doing.

We are all rooting for BFPs....

Hi, I started visiting Eu Yan Seng at Jem since August as my OR was in Sept. Kind of last minute as it was a last minute decision to take tcm & acupuncture. Did weekly acupuncture with consultation & tcm. I don't want to travel so I chose Jem. It's about $100 per wk with members discount...

Thanks so much cherylng for the info. But how's your experience with them?

Back