IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi sisters. Am a new member here. just did my baseline scan this morning in kkh and will be starting jab tmr. Seems like i got few sisters here currently cycling with me. All the best!

Hi ladies, do u noe whether if I can eat the Uterogestan Progesterone tablets as my hb & I afraid it will keep drop out like my previous cycle if using vaginal ibserts? We tot if consume orally will be more absorbed by the body? Anyone can share?

I was told that inserts can be absorbed by the body better. SGH prescribe s oral progesterone though.. some Drs also prefer to give oral progesterone for natural FET . Best check with your doctor ba .

The nurse called u already to announce result?

Yes. Nurse called and informed me on the progesterone BT results.

The nurse told me utrogestan can be taken orally too, bcos I asked what should i do with the pills when I'm back at work. (she recommended me to do vaginal insert whenever possible.)

She also mentioned some of her patients will feel giddy when utrogestan is taken orally. This could be one of the side effect.

my cyst seems to be with me throughout pregnancy :p thought that it has gone away after given birth, but hey, did a scan 2 months back, it's still there :p lucky cyst? :p

Hi towkayneo,

However, in my case, during pregnancy (though do not have live so far), whenever do the scan, cannot see the cysts on which side the embryo implanted.

dearestmom, Matthew Lau already left..i heard? His cases would be taken over by a Dr Tan (Not Tan HH)..u did not get to see Jerry Chan at all?
Hi towkeyneo, Dr Matthew informed me that Dr Jerry Chan will take over my case.
For the 1st time ever, I saw Dr Jerry Chan ytd during ER.
Looks young, smily and seems ok :)
Seems like the nurses there will have a 'lit-up' smile whenever I asked 'how's Dr Jerry Chan' ... So far, so good la their reaction :)
All 3 different nurses replied (in different occasions), he's good! If not how to be a professor.... Urmm, +ve vibes all around :)

Hi towkeyneo, Dr Matthew informed me that Dr Jerry Chan will take over my case.
For the 1st time ever, I saw Dr Jerry Chan ytd during ER.
Looks young, smily and seems ok :)
Seems like the nurses there will have a 'lit-up' smile whenever I asked 'how's Dr Jerry Chan' ... So far, so good la their reaction :)
All 3 different nurses replied (in different occasions), he's good! If not how to be a professor.... Urmm, +ve vibes all around :)
That's a good start!!! :D

Yes. Nurse called and informed me on the progesterone BT results.

The nurse told me utrogestan can be taken orally too, bcos I asked what should i do with the pills when I'm back at work. (she recommended me to do vaginal insert whenever possible.)

She also mentioned some of her patients will feel giddy when utrogestan is taken orally. This could be one of the side effect.
Ya, think best to insert it through vagina, cos want to the maximum effect. if scared messy, wear a pantyliner?

Hi sisters,

I just went for my scan this morning and was told my follicles are growing very slowly. Doctor ordered to increase dosage of my injection. I need to go back for scan again on Friday morning. The estimated date for my ER is actually Saturday or Monday.

May I know what is the optimal follicle size and lining thickness?

Hi sisters,

I just went for my scan this morning and was told my follicles are growing very slowly. Doctor ordered to increase dosage of my injection. I need to go back for scan again on Friday morning. The estimated date for my ER is actually Saturday or Monday.

I think follicles need to be at least 18-19mm, if too small may not have matured egg in it. Lining I heard at least 9mm.
Which hosp are u with?

Hi sisters,

Kkh -lining 7 or 8mm
Follicles -at least 3 follicles at 16mm before trigger jab
If my memory doesnt fail me

Hi, does anyone know whether can we still bed/unprotected sex if doing endo scratching for that month?
U need to have protected sex cos endo scratch is done after ovulation. Its harmful for the embryo in case there is implantation and endo scratch is done

Hi..just want to update that after yday scan it showed no more heartbeat. I was on FET. Got a bfp. Scan at week 6 saw heartbeat, terrible morning sickness and all. Now I shld be in week 9 but scan showed 8week+ & no heartbeat. I'm so depressed. This will, be my 4th miscarriage. It always happen on week 8.

I'm just giving another wk to see if any miracle can happen. So next week I'll go scan again. I wanna ask how many of u will choose to do D&C or let it miscarry naturally? Previously I did d&c and e other 2x were naturally. If D&C, Dr Tan said can send the mass for lab test, but I've read other countries forums, there were cases where by when they wait &results were different for who knows what reasons.

Does any1 has any experience of just wait? I'm not for D&C coz it's like abortion and I know it's not gd for the womb. Haiz...sorry I don't mean to be such a wet blanket in all e excitement of those trying new cycle.

Hi..just want to update that after yday scan it showed no more heartbeat. I was on FET. Got a bfp. Scan at week 6 saw heartbeat, terrible morning sickness and all. Now I shld be in week 9 but scan showed 8week+ & no heartbeat. I'm so depressed. This will, be my 4th miscarriage. It always happen on week 8.

I'm just giving another wk to see if any miracle can happen. So next week I'll go scan again. I wanna ask how many of u will choose to do D&C or let it miscarry naturally? Previously I did d&c and e other 2x were naturally. If D&C, Dr Tan said can send the mass for lab test, but I've read other countries forums, there were cases where by when they wait &results were different for who knows what reasons.

Does any1 has any experience of just wait? I'm not for D&C coz it's like abortion and I know it's not gd for the womb. Haiz...sorry I don't mean to be such a wet blanket in all e excitement of those trying new cycle.
I guess letting it miscarry naturally would be a better choice cos D&C means scraping the uterus / womb and lining may be affected..then again, really depends on what THH says.

Yes it is..im with sincere ivf..im kinda depressed this time round ..
Don't be...try again. I had 8 embryos in my previous cycle and I failed until I was left with 2 embryos and I struck BFP. Was also very depressed then, but luckily nv gave up.

Don't be...try again. I had 8 embryos in my previous cycle and I failed until I was left with 2 embryos and I struck BFP. Was also very depressed then, but luckily nv gave up.
In my case, i have 7 embryos..used 1..left with 6. How many did you put in ur second try? All the other times u did fet?

In my case, i have 7 embryos..used 1..left with 6. How many did you put in ur second try? All the other times u did fet?
why used 1 embryo? why not 2? you can put max 2 unless you are 1. 37 years old 2. This is your 2nd IVF, then you can put 3 embryos

Hi missyserene, pls dont be sorry for sharing your sorrow. We are here to share the ups and downs. I totally understand how you feel as i had 2 early miscarriage as well at 6 weeks. Its so painful but time will heal. Be strong. Regarding ur ques on natural miscarriage vs dnc, there is pros and cons for every method. If natural, its better for ur womb since no surgical intervention. But the process will be long and painful. U have risk if infection and ended up with dnc if everything doesnt come out clean. For dnc, the process is fast and painless but u will have risk of scArring to your womb which will make ttc harder in the future. why not you get advise from dr tan. I think he will have the right solution for you for ur situation. Sorry again for your loss.

why used 1 embryo? why not 2? you can put max 2 unless you are 1. 37 years old 2. This is your 2nd IVF, then you can put 3 embryos
Just seen the dr..he said he was being conservative the first time round as im still young, below 35 yrs old..

Done an endo scratch , will be trying again nxt cycle FET with 2 embryos..
Not sure if it helps

Just seen the dr..he said he was being conservative the first time round as im still young, below 35 yrs old..

Done an endo scratch , will be trying again nxt cycle FET with 2 embryos..
Not sure if it helps
Hugs,are u with prof sc ng?is e endo scratch done by him painful?

Hi sisters,

Hi, follicle size should be 17 and above. Lining should be above 7 I think. During my scan, my follicles were 16.5 and was told to jab again and come back. Had my scan the next day and they were 17 and 18. What's weird is my lining is 5.4 but I've been scheduled for the trigger tonight.

@xiuwenx @missyserene jia you! We will all get our beloved BFP soon as long as we dont give up.. *hugs*
Hugs,are u with prof sc ng?is e endo scratch done by him painful?
Hugzzzz......

@GreenTeaLatte : thanks babe. I wish u all the best in getting yr bfp soon!

@missyserene i certainly hope so. Cus i dun haf ani symptoms..xcept for some spotting..tht it will be bfp..but when results turned out otherwise, i held back my tears ...='(

@connie_hopeful yep im with prof ng s c.. its quite similiar to fet ..but mine was more difficult as the uterus or wat is further in..but he said its normal..

Lets jiayou together! Wat stage are u in now?
Tmr will be starting my first gonal f jab. Past 3 days on orgulatran.. Just went to see TSB and she says to stop my med until the day after ET.. Im also keeping my fingers crossed cos previous attempts of iui and so iui failed.. But need to keep the positive mindset!

Thx u for ur emtional support. Im wondering if anyone has send a week 8 embryo for lab testing and got some scientific results why the miscarriage?

Coz if it's just untreatable, unexplainable chromosomal issues, then I'll just do it naturally.

Thx u for ur emtional support. Im wondering if anyone has send a week 8 embryo for lab testing and got some scientific results why the miscarriage?

Coz if it's just untreatable, unexplainable chromosomal issues, then I'll just do it naturally.
Take care gal! What has doc advised u so far?

Back