IVF/ICSI Support Group

I wantahealthybaby when did u start seeing dr loh and how many times before n after et. Did he give u any support medicine. What is intrlipid and can it be done during stim stage.

babe, in fact i started seeing dr loh back then after failed fresh cause i need a 2nd opinion on endo scratch before i start my frozen cycle. he feels that i dont need a scratch and thus he suggest intralipids for me. no test was done to see if i needed one and i also dont know if inside me got killer cells that will reject the embryos and thus stop implantation. but since he say no harm even if i do not have killer cells i just go ahead. the infusion was done during stimulation. the effect can last 1 month so anytime before your et you can have it. mine was done after i detected positive opk which is 5days before transfer as i had a day 5 transfer. suppose dr loh ask me to have it a d10/11 but during scan my follicles and lining is not good so he feel i might cancel the frozen cycle so he ask me to hold on 1st dont want to waste money to do intralipids if no transfer done. so after monitoring for a few days manage to see lining improve and follicles ready and opk detected he then agree with the infusion.

after i bfp i did another intralipds as he mention before some continue to have it monthly throughout their pregnancy but for me i did another one after bfp 1 month later from last session. the infusion alone is around $200 + your consultation charges + gst

dr loh didn give me any support medicine during my frozen cycle. basically i just scan and scan in kkh waiting for the right moment...i did natural frozen cycle so no injections as well. depend on when i ovulate then can arrange et.

Just done the ER & when nurse told me embryologist wants to talk to me & hubby, I got a bad feeling already. So I had 5 eggs retrieved but none are mature enough. So they have to wait & see if my eggs mature. 2 are 1 stage away to maturity and the other 3 are 2 stages away from maturity. If all don't mature, means I have to redo everything again. Haii super Sian & disappointed.

Oh dear. U all are so informative. I dont even know after ops for endo, polyps or cyst, it will effect our follicles. Now i know y the decrease.

Anyway to increase the follicles back after the surgery?

Just done the ER & when nurse told me embryologist wants to talk to me & hubby, I got a bad feeling already. So I had 5 eggs retrieved but none are mature enough. So they have to wait & see if my eggs mature. 2 are 1 stage away to maturity and the other 3 are 2 stages away from maturity. If all don't mature, means I have to redo everything again. Haii super Sian & disappointed.
hi hopeful
from what i understand they stimmed you for only 10 days - immature eggs can be due to insufficient stim
dont lose hope - they have to understand your body and adjust protocole accordingly

mesara do you take dhea? i suspect this is the cause of my cyst - i might stop it - i just sent email to my doc to ask him

Hey babe,

As per your nick, remain hopeful ok?
2 of them are just 1 stage away. If they mature and you can transfer both, hopefully they be able to survive. :)

Not every op will affect the follicles lah. Unless the op involves removing part of the ovary! Dun scare the sisters. I had polyps removed fr the womb. My follicles not affected at all!

Which hospital? No mature eggs mean trigger shot was done too early. A wrong judgement made by the dr!

Thanks all. Before the whole procedure start, I thought I could take it easy even if it doesn't work out. But when the embryologist told me the news, my heart just sank & felt like crying Liao.

@hopeful13 they have "maturation in vitro" in KK??? i went to NUH and TFC they never proposed me to mature immature eggs? i thought they had not this technology in singapore and i specifically asked wong in NUH he said no

yes they have MIV i just saw on their website - this is a good thing - never know they might mature - i wonder if they have in TFC... well now you have to wait no choice... :(

I checked my amh 4 days after kal while warded. It really depends for some ppl fterblap will have cyst n endo recur. I am one good case. I went for a lap in 2010 by dr loh for one dermoid cyst. The rest of reproductive system was remarkable. But after lap a month latet endo recur then got adeno then fibroids n blood cyst on right ovary. Its all dependent on individual. I am just sway lor
Hi mesara, does the doc have any recommendation on when to check AMH after lap? From my readings from the internet, it says tat it will deteriorate even more after post op for 3 n 6 months.

When I visited dr Loh, he was telling me the risk of endo returning. He says 10%/ year. Anyone knows what this means?

The embryologist say they wouldn't know if the eggs are mature before taking them out. Actually my follicles were of good size. At least 16-18 mm (suppose to be good right?) So dunno why still not mature enough.

Its a matter of Time more than size
My ivf 1 size 16 16.5 17 17.5 only one mature
Ivf 2 8 follies below 16 And 5 mature out of 9 eggs
Crazy no?
Ivf 1 - 10 days stim
Ivf 2 - 13 days stim

Ladies.. I am going to go through my endo scratch in another 2 weeks time... Nurse say that Lucrin is to be inject the day after the endo. So for long cycle, does it mean that I have to do injection all the way up to the ER?

Hi ladies, I did intralipids with Dr loh before I start my frozen cycle. No test done to see whether I need it but since no harm done I go ahead with it since I got no other fertility issues nor my dh. Intralipids was introduced by one of the sisters in this forum and when I visited Dr loh he himself suggested before I can ask him about it. I do not know if this intralipids infusion helps in my bfp but I would say go for it since really no harm done. We come so far in the ivf process so an additional step to help in increasing the success rate is all worth. After my bfp I did another intralipids with Dr loh just to make sure my beanies stay strong and firm inside my womb. Hope this info helps. I didn't do any endo scratch.

Hi Iwantahealthybaby,

How long did the whole process take? Where did you have it done? AT TMC, O&G or at Novena Fertility? I am seeing Dr Loh this Friday afternoon for intralipid after I am done with my scan and review at KKH in the morning. It is going to be a long day of waiting for me .......

Like you, I am also trying to do everything possible to increase my chances for a BFP this round. After the last failed cycle in Jan, I have been to TSB for her chinese herbs, Dr Zuo for acupuncture twice weekly and continuing with supplements such as royal jelly, CQ10, Conceive well gold, immunocal and red date tea daily. I hope that all these additional stuff together with the endo scratch and intralipid will give my both quality and quantity of oocytes that will lead to a BFP.

I really hope this will be the round for me... otherwise, I really dunno what else I can do any more.

What type of cyst? How big is yr cyst? I waited one month and the size did not reduce... Dr Loh strongly advise me to do lap.
He said ovarian cyst corpus something
He asked to wait for 1 month it should be gone
I forgot to ask for the size Will Know tomorrow
What about you ?

@tsf0205 since you have this cyst do you Feel sharp pain after ovulation till AF ? Does it bleed ?
I wonder if my Cyst Will go away or not i Hope so but in the meantime am in pain :(

Portia at which stage r u in?? I dont knw if I can get dr loh appt asap as my be mite be next week. I want ro try all I can also. Maybw I will walk in on sat after my kkh appt

Portia at which stage r u in?? I dont knw if I can get dr loh appt asap as my be mite be next week. I want ro try all I can also. Maybw I will walk in on sat after my kkh appt
Mesara,
I am currently on my 4th day of stimulation. This Friday is my 7th day and will be going for scan at kkivf and intralipid at Dr Loh's clinic.

Hey we v close. U doing fresh is it gal. I am on day 5 stim n tomorrow n sat scan
Yes, mesara. I am on my 2nd fresh cycle. I had one consultation with dr loh 2 weeks ago and got an open date appt for intralipid treatment. I called up on Monday to get the appointment for friday.

Ok I will try to get an appt with dr loh gal.

Tinga good to hear its shrinking. Try to avoid lap
I had a hard time getting through his clinic phone line on monday. Think it is because of the long weekend. Try leaving a message or email for them to call u as well.

@mesara, u are at kkivf? I was there too but left already. Embryologist called us down & get hubby to produce 2nd sample. Happy that 1 of the egg was fertilised yesterday. 2 of the eggs today are showing signs of maturity so they will try to fertilise them today. Will do egg transfer either tomorrow or Friday.

@mesara, u are at kkivf? I was there too but left already. Embryologist called us down & get hubby to produce 2nd sample. Happy that 1 of the egg was fertilised yesterday. 2 of the eggs today are showing signs of maturity so they will try to fertilise them today. Will do egg transfer either tomorrow or Friday.
Yay.. Happy for you @hopeful13.. 加油 and stay positive.. :)

Can anyone tell me.. Usually how many scans did you ladies have to to before ER?.. And does KKIVF give any mc or time off sheet?

He said ovarian cyst corpus something
He asked to wait for 1 month it should be gone
I forgot to ask for the size Will Know tomorrow
What about you ?
Oh I know. Corpus luteum cyst. Remains of the folicle after ovulation. Will go away one. Dun worry : )

@tsf0205 since you have this cyst do you Feel sharp pain after ovulation till AF ? Does it bleed ?
I wonder if my Cyst Will go away or not i Hope so but in the meantime am in pain :(
I actually realized the increase in pain during ovulation in the past 2 months. Was quite painful tat I had to take mc. No bleeding though. Doesn't hurt every cycle too.

Back