IVF/ICSI Support Group

Thanks princess for consoling. Just feel very down sometimes, why must we suffer all this? I have been always so obedient all my life yet suffer this crap.

Hi mesara, not sure now, seeing doc Tmr to confirm.

How many types of cysts r there?
Will they disappear on their own?
Mine is near the right ovary, does it mean if its removed from the right side, only the right side quantity will be affected??

hi_mei, i know how u feel. Everything had been going smoothly for me, found the best husband, good career etc, but end up there is one thing that i keep failing. I used to tell myself that god think we are up to the challenge, thus make things harder for us so that we can cherish. But after a while, this hope become punctured liao, no more air to hold on to...my hubby told me yesterday that we have tried our best but maybe the time is nt right yet. Tho he is also very sad, but looking at his positivity, i just have to strive on. Have a good chat with hubby, u might feel better, u need his support through the cycle.
For lucrin, u hav to continue all the way till the ovulatin jab before ER and ya, it will delay menses so dun worry.

Princess, when's ur next cycle? All the best!

Hi gals, wonder if anyone remembers me. Did my fresh in Jun 2011, failed and bfp on fet in Oct 2011. Boy is now 2 plus and now Mommy wants more kids. So we are back. Want to give some encouragement to all here. Persevere and don't give up. Soon the bfp will come.

Anyone with CARE here?
Is Angela still around?

Hihi... I will be going for ER this coming mon... super nervous n scared... anyone able to advice what to look out for n wat is e procedure like?? Pain?? Thx ya!!

Hihi... I will be going for ER this coming mon... super nervous n scared... anyone able to advice what to look out for n wat is e procedure like?? Pain?? Thx ya!!
jasjas23, u will be completely knockout. You won't feel anything. Maybe the only scary part is the insertion of needle on the back of your hand.

pink_martini - *wave* I just BFP 2nd round with FET in September. Angela definitely still around, she'll be travelling during Christmas. can PM me if u wan

pink_martini - *wave* I just BFP 2nd round with FET in September. Angela definitely still around, she'll be travelling during Christmas. can PM me if u wan
Hello Audreysu! You definitely sound familiar! Congrats to you!! How old is your #1? I'm still bf-ing my son, waiting for him to self-wean, wait until neck long long. So can't go for medicated FET cos I prefer it. More control. Was yours medicated or natural? Can describe the process? Did you do anything before cycling in preparation for it?

Hi, I am new to this forum. Finally after the 2ww, had the blood test this morning. Unfortunately, the bad news of bfn was received this afternoon and my tears just cannot stopped flowing after that. {

Hi sayap, sorry to hear abt yr bfn. Take care of yrself and come back stronger! Which doctor r u under?

Any sisters here have high ovary??? I did my 1st Ivf in sept and right ovary could not be reached .... Sacrificed a lot of eggs... Very disappointed..

Hi sayap, sorry to hear abt yr bfn. Take care of yrself and come back stronger! Which doctor r u under?

Any sisters here have high ovary??? I did my 1st Ivf in sept and right ovary could not be reached .... Sacrificed a lot of eggs... Very disappointed..

I am under Dr Tan HH. Will get to see him on 6 Dec to understand what happen.

Hello Audreysu! You definitely sound familiar! Congrats to you!! How old is your #1? I'm still bf-ing my son, waiting for him to self-wean, wait until neck long long. So can't go for medicated FET cos I prefer it. More control. Was yours medicated or natural? Can describe the process? Did you do anything before cycling in preparation for it?

My #1 is 29 mths. I did medicated fet which I prefer too. But mine was long protocol, start with ocp on day 4 then jab on day 20. Take porgynova on day 1 of 2nd AF then day 10 go back for scan. I took conceive well, coq10 100mg, folic acid & eys cordycep pill 3 mths before Fet. I also stop taking all cooling food & cold drinks but of cos I have my cheat days lah

lainlaine,
this time I think I will try eating pineapple core after ET. Many saw it helps implantation. Actually I wanted to do so last cycle but the nurse specifically told me not to eat it as it's cooling. strange...but I will try this cycle. I am now CD3, will be doing endo scratch tomorrow, then ard CD17/18 should be time for ET. I'm doing natural cycle as everything depends on ovulation. I'm excited again!! Hopes are raised again...really hope it will be my last!

pink_martini,
Im with CARE. Doing natural FET under Dr Tseng. I think CARE is undergoing audit now so they cant take in new patients. You can call them to check again, might be over already. You were with CARE last bfp? Which dr were you under?

sayap,
hugs hugs. I also failed last cycle and was devastated. cried a lot. we decided not to let anyone know of our ivf, so that makes things even harder, as support network is just my hubby. But I try to see it in a positive way...that the right time will come for us. keep praying and having faith ok?

Audreysu
Same leh, my #1 is 28mths now.
Did you go for accu? I wanted to but simply no time and energy go Q at Dr Zou.

Princess
Yes I was all along under CARE & Dr Paul. BFP w him and he delivered my breeched baby via c-sec. Intend to go with him and Angela again. Whatsapped her and she asked me to call her when Jan menses comes.

I'm just very concerned w what I should start doing now in preparation.

="princess14, post: 6533553, member: 20811"]lainlaine,
this time I think I will try eating pineapple core after ET. Many saw it helps implantation. Actually I wanted to do so last cycle but the nurse specifically told me not to eat it as it's cooling. strange...but I will try this cycle. I am now CD3, will be doing endo scratch tomorrow, then ard CD17/18 should be time for ET. I'm doing natural cycle as everything depends on ovulation. I'm excited again!! Hopes are raised again...really hope it will be my last!

pink_martini,
Im with CARE. Doing natural FET under Dr Tseng. I think CARE is undergoing audit now so they cant take in new patients. You can call them to check again, might be over already. You were with CARE last bfp? Which dr were you under?

sayap,
hugs hugs. I also failed last cycle and was devastated. cried a lot. we decided not to let anyone know of our ivf, so that makes things even harder, as support network is just my hubby. But I try to see it in a positive way...that the right time will come for us. keep praying and having faith ok?[/quote]
That's what hb said also but I think need to cry out for a while before I can think what's next.

Dear brave ladies,
I write this to encourage those who are down because of failed fresh/fet cycles.
I am 37. Did my 1st fresh ivf in March. Had 7 beautiful blastocysts. Transfered 2 and got implantation. But sadly, it was a chemical pregnancy. Cried in dr's office when ultrasound at 6 wks did not see anything at all.
Dried my tears there and then with hubby's help. Asked dr what next.
Did my natural Fet 2.5 months later when af finally come after no show for 2 mths. Sad again. Brown spotting started on d2pt of 2 blasts. Bfn. Felt down. How come good blastocysts n good lining still won't strike. Even my dr was expecting me to strike. Felt worried.... Since 4 blasts didn't strike unlikely my remaining 3 will succeed. Cried, prayed, asked God why why why.......but still continue to trust in the Lord. Believe that all the negative thoughts and bfn were from the devil trying to turn me against God.
Did a medicated cycle the next month and transferred back the remaining 3 blasts. BFP!! Had some bleeding and went of max progesterone support. Just passed 1st trimester and had all my support stopped 2 wks ago.
So, ladies, please do not give up. Hubby support is very important. Whenever I was worried about never ever being a mom and him a dad, he was always there to reassure me that he will try together with me as long as i can take it n we will be parents one day.
I did nothing special during fresh/fet. No chinese med, no accu, hardly finished 1 box of Conceive Well because very constipating. Just didn't do any heavy lifting during the 2ww.

Audreysu
Same leh, my #1 is 28mths now.
Did you go for accu? I wanted to but simply no time and energy go Q at Dr Zou.

Princess
Yes I was all along under CARE & Dr Paul. BFP w him and he delivered my breeched baby via c-sec. Intend to go with him and Angela again. Whatsapped her and she asked me to call her when Jan menses comes.

I'm just very concerned w what I should start doing now in preparation.

I never do accu for both my fresh cycle & Fet

Thanks kum yin. Very comforting and inspiring. Today, doc told me that he will do blastocysts for me next cycle. I was asking him, since this time round my D3 embryos survived the freezing n thawing and become blastocysts, they shoulde be very strong, yet still cannot strike. He have no answer except say they are just not the right ones. I guess we just have to be strong and continue trying. Wish u all the best and enjoy the rest of your 6 mths!

But im also starting to be abit confused. Im turning my faith towards god but in the bible, it says that no one will become barren as long as we believe in him. Now that we are doing ivf, is it against him? In a way, we are not trusting that he will bless us? Sorry, just confused and dunno who to ask this question...

Good question lainelaine. I have also read the verse and a few others when I could not conceive. I was quoting it back to HIM when I thought I was going to have another chemical pregnancy during the bleeding too. But I kept praying in my heart and multiple entries in my diary asking and begging HIM to let me keep this pregnancy. There was nothing else that I could do since some bleeding has started. If I don't trust in HIM, I have nothing.

It did cross my mind that doing ivf , taking matters into my own hands and also other human hands, sounds like not trusting HIM. I am guilty of that. I am an impatient person and looking at my age, I am sure any female would, if I want more than 1 child. So I did pray to HIM for forgiveness for doing this and ask HIM to continue to help me and hubby, do not forsake us. Because ultimately, no one can make implantation happen except HIM.

HE allowed humans to come out with ivf. Many ladies conceived through this process. Sometimes I felt that HE uses this process to humble us women who are going/ went through it, teaching us humility, understanding of others who have been trying to conceive and not yet successful, the emotions that women like ourselves felt along the way, the multiple disappointments, heartaches, anger, envy, fear and how to overcome them and become a better person. I can see all these emotions and how women changed as I read the every post for the last 1 year.

In the end, if God wants to give us a child, we will have one, just the timing. If you are tired, rest a while, but don't give up.

Kum_yin...though I m a Buddhist, I found comfort in what you have shared. Thanks. Still trying to get over this emotional state. Hopefully when I see Dr Tan in 2 wks time, I m in a calmer state.

hi ppl, been a while since I drop in. My first fresh cycle ended with a bfn in Oct and I am waiting for my first proper period after the bfn. Is it common to experience late period after ivf? I had some pms earlier this week and even rushed out to buy more pads. Gua gua.. still waiting .. Kim Yin did you say your period came only after two months? OMG, now i understand why Dr Tan insists that I rest and wait after fresh cycle. It is frustrating though since my period comes clockwise each month. Arghhh...
Kim Yin, I love what you wrote. Indeed, God is using this process to humble and mold us. I am also a very very impatient person. Type A personality sort. Very prideful. My husband also said that God has changed me alot since I knew the Lord 3 years ago. In fact, he said without Jesus our marriage would not be able to hold out till now through this very difficult period of ttc. I give all glory to our Mighty God.
lainelaine, i wrote a blog post on the verse you are referring, I believe is from Exodus and Deuteronomy. Have a read and hope it will help clear your doubts.
All good things come from God. And I believe medical help including IVF comes from Him too. But at this point, we know too well that even when the best egg and best sperm fused to be the best embryo to be placed in the best lining does not mean implantation or successful pregnancy. Science can only do so much. Only God can give life. Of cos I struggle mightily in this journey to surrender to Him completely but I know He will certainly carry me through. I will place my trust in Him that He will provide in His timing and in HIs will.

Thks kum yin and believeinjesus! I see the light! Actually, i've been a buddhist all along till recently i found faith in god. I find talking to god makes me at peace and focused in what im doing. Also believing in him give me a sense of hope! But for the past weeks when reading the prayers, the question keep popping in my head whether im doing the right thing. At least now i know that im not alone...thks gals!

Dear sisters, in the bible, God wants us to endure 'trials and tribulations', as part of our journey as a believer, and a test to our faith. But He also said he will not give us anything too much for us to bear. And when I think about this, I find it's true. Though I always think I can't handle anymore, but somehow, I will be ok and in the process I do grow a bit stronger. There are times I am angry with God, and question why me, but I keep praying for trust and acceptance with His plans for me. I do not know how many more cycles I can handle, but I will just take each cycle as they come and keep trusting in HIM and praying for a miracle soon. I will be praying for each and every sister here in our journey.

As to my views on IVF being against nature, I have also discussed this with hubby last time. Eventually, we believe that God is the one who brought IVF into discovery, as a help to those who need it, just as he has led scientists to the discovery of cure for some diseases. And ultimately, it is only God who can create an implantation. So I see IVF as God's help for us, and that through continued faith in Him, we will succeed.

Ladies, may I know if we do natural FET, what happens if we don't ovulate that cycle? Im concerned because my last failed cycle, I tested with my clearblue fertility monitor and it only detected "high" (ie. a surge in estrogen). But it never detected a "peak" (ie. LH surge). However, after 4 continuous "high" days, my blood test did show Im in ovulation phase. But urine never detected LH surge. Im wondering if this can be possible and accurate?

Hi sisters, jus want to ask for some opinion.. Is it worthy to do a lap just to lower my ovary at the right side? Doctors say I have high right ovary and no eggs were retreived from my right diluting my 1st Ivf, and doing a lap does not guraantee that the right ovary will be lowered. I have also been hearing stories of lap causing scarring and lowering AMH. Dr sadhana feels that I can proceed to my 2nd fresh and try to partially retrieve from my right ovary but will pierce through part of the uterus wall... Which means I cannot have a fresh transfer for 2nd fresh... Frozen cycle one month later... What do u all think???

By the way, so far prof Wong and dr sadhana feels that lap should not lower AMH. For those sisters who have gone through lap, can share yr opinion on this.

princess 14 - was also worried I would not ovulate during my natural FET. But I was seeing an acupuncturist as well and she gave me some herbs to make sure I will ovulate. You can take some chinese herbs to confirm u will ovulate like I did.. In the end I only ovulate on day 17

Kum yin I remember you:) and am very very happy for you. Congrats gal. Perseverance and faith certainly pays off well. So is it three beanies in you? Take care and wish you a smooth and safe pregnancy dear.

Princess 14 : during my natural FET, I had LH in blood checked and also scan looking for follicle size & endometrial thickness from d10 of my menses. Prof said that if I did not ovulate by d21 then will abandon natural fet, move onto medicated fet when menses come again. I ovulated on d16-17 that cycle.

Mesara : thanx for well wishes. A singleton is growing inside at the moment.

There is one sister that bfp earlier that inspired me to keep going. She went through ivf 6x to reach her goal.
Jia you everyone!!!

Hi ladies, I still have 1 fertilised egg being frozen. Instead of using this egg, do you know if can embark on 2nd fresh cycle hopefully to get more eggs for transfer and freeze? This is because of my age.

double_line, dun think so much. Wait for your bt.

sayap, it depends on the quality of your frozen embryo? If u wanna get more embryos, i guess no harm in doing fresh. Follow your heart n see what your doc recommend? :)

Tsf0205, for me, i have fewer eggs produced frm the ovary where a cyst is removed. Doc do not know if this is due to lap...n no one knows...i guess you just have to weigh the pros n cons. Im sure the doc have a reason for suggesting that and if it gives a hgher chance to strike, why not? Staying in status quo might not improve the current situation :)

All my embryos of grade 3. The two that were transferred probably didnt get implanted that's why I am worried that the same will happen to this remaining one. Will bring this up for discussion with the dr.

Gals...

Anyone jab till got blue black? I got it on both sides for this cycle. Just now tried poke right side but have not push in all already pain. So changed to left, less pain. Right side a few spots I tried oso pain. How to get rid of the blue black?

Hi purpledragon, per the nurses, we need to press the wound wif e alcohol cotton immediately once u took out the needle... else there will be blue black... I hav finished my 2 weeks injection, no blue black seen, thus I think shld be useful? :)

pinkbunny21,
which tcm dr did you see? herbs so powerful? can ensure we ovulate ah? Actually I have af every month, though not clockwork type but usually under 35 days. but this also does not mean we will ovulate every mth right?

kum_yin,
Im worried natural fet has lower success rates than medicated. Are your periods regular? Why did you try natural fet and then switch to medicated fet? my lining is very good, so I would think it means my estrogen levels are sufficient right, and no need to supplement with progynova?

Last cycle, the weird thing was when I test using urine kit at dr'c clinic, there was no LH surge. but at the same time I also drew blood for ovulation, E2 and progesterone tests, and results showed I am in ovulation phase. But why wont the dr's urine test kit show LH surge then? Is there some hormone that Im lacking? This was the only question I have for my last cycle.

Hi purpledragon, per the nurses, we need to press the wound wif e alcohol cotton immediately once u took out the needle... else there will be blue black... I hav finished my 2 weeks injection, no blue black seen, thus I think shld be useful? :)

JasJas,

I did. Right side when i pull out i feel the pain. Left is no pain but blood ooze out. Keke...

Tmr dunno wanna jab whr le. U on long protocol? This wed i gg scan and think shld start stim soon.

purpledragon,
its normal if little blood ooze out. You have less fats that's why! Just apply pressure on the wound for a few minutes and the bleeding should stop.
You should gather as much fats as possible, squeeze it and inject.

Ladies, an update from my endo scratching yesterday. I'm surprised it was quite painless. Just some cramping when dr scratched. Before scratch, dr washed and cleaned the endometrium with some solution (forgot the name). The scratching was only about a minute and the cramping stopped after a few mins. There was no need for any pain killer meds or any numbing stuff. At the same time, dr took out some tissue from the endo and sent it for a hsyto culture. It looked grossed and bloody. Don't know exactly what is that but its to check for infections in the endometrium.

pinkbunny21,
which tcm dr did you see? herbs so powerful? can ensure we ovulate ah? Actually I have af every month, though not clockwork type but usually under 35 days. but this also does not mean we will ovulate every mth right?

kum_yin,
Im worried natural fet has lower success rates than medicated. Are your periods regular? Why did you try natural fet and then switch to medicated fet? my lining is very good, so I would think it means my estrogen levels are sufficient right, and no need to supplement with progynova?

Last cycle, the weird thing was when I test using urine kit at dr'c clinic, there was no LH surge. but at the same time I also drew blood for ovulation, E2 and progesterone tests, and results showed I am in ovulation phase. But why wont the dr's urine test kit show LH surge then? Is there some hormone that Im lacking? This was the only question I have for my last cycle.

Natural FET do not have a lower success rate. Dr prefer natural FET if u can ovulate on your own. Progynova is not needed unless u are on medicated FET.

purpledragon,
its normal if little blood ooze out. You have less fats that's why! Just apply pressure on the wound for a few minutes and the bleeding should stop.
You should gather as much fats as possible, squeeze it and inject.

Keke... I was thinking maybe too much fats so blood come out. Lol
Ok thanks. I will gather more fats tmr.

Purple dragon, I have blue black during I was jabbing too. Its normal. Find some spot a bit further from the blue black then jab. Blue black can use a small bottle of hot water to roll over the spot. Should helps.

Princess 14 : What jumbo girl said is true. If doc knows that his patient can ovulate he will try natural fet first. Less medication is actually easier to bear and the success rate is about the same between natural and medicated based on all the forums and internet info that I have read. My menstrual cycles are not regular, it varies between 33-40 days. I have been seeing Prof since last July 2012 and he knew my ovaries can ovulate most of the time maybe just a bit later so he said to try natural first. After this we knew that natural FET doesn't suit me. It took some time for my lining to reach at least 8mm and the dominant follicle was growing quite slow at the beginning. My blood test was only to check for LH level , no E2/ Progesterone. I went back on d10, d13, d15, d16 and d17 for scans and blood test.

Back