IVF/ICSI Support Group

Prosepina, how much is the fertility monitor? I heard it's ex... I only use opk.... Ya man...popi popi all of us!!!

Lin, lolx....wah! I sure hope so!!!

Wa I went ko. Suddenly this thread move so first.

Leor: I didn't take brazil nuts. Too much things to take. Brazil nuts, dh also can take before the cycling. Help to improve the sperms. Heehee.

Lin: thank you. I guai guai this time. Keep sleeping only. Hahaha.

Ladies: morning can take ensure milk as breakfast. Then follow by all our supplements like folic acid..... I also under the Tan Family. Dr Tan hh n tcm tan siew bouy. Heehee. Hopefully can 生个蛋 this time

babysmurf> can lah, sure can!! just relax! do u take all the supplements aft food?

ya lor, i ask dh to take brazil nuts liao, me also will be taking since benefitial for both..

lin, cos my dh sperm got morphology problem, so I am trying to see if there is any supplement that helps... looks like none really help lor...

As for egg, I also dun know anything can help further... I think CoQ10 helps, but I need something more powerful.. haha...

Thks to all the sisters for the encouragement !! I will jia you and tiao my body ..

serene .. If ur case could implant Tis x .. There is great hope for the fet too cos they of same batch .. Mayb got to really bed rest during the 2ww n bu ur womb b4 u embark on the cycle .. I tot accup could help to improve the sperm quality cos last x was told by a tmc doc

i'm thinking of seeing dr zou for accupuncture prior to my fresh cycle.

is her clinic crowded during lunch time? how long is one session?

currently seeing tsb now.. tempted by babysmurf to see dr zou for accu.. babysmurf, did you tell tsb that you doing accu?

Ravene
Rest well and we fight together again
happy.gif

Sophie: I didn't tell TSB but I told Dr zou. Heehee. Actually don't matter. Just that u have to go 2 places. When I started cycling, I started TSB medication only do accupture. Actually I find both ot them quite open. They are okie.

Ravene, kudos to sisters who failed few times and still never give up...your strength n courage are really admired. Keep going and GOD shall have mercy on us and bless us with our little ones. Have a good rest!

Prosepina .. Wish u all the best !! May u strike naturally !!
Babysmurf .. Really wish u BFP soon n pass ur bb dust to all of us ..

What is immunical for n how does ensure milk taste like ?

Ravene, I'm not a milk lover n I hate milk! But I'm surprised that I actually like ensure milk. I find it sweet n smells nice! Ive not eaten immunical though...

I1bb, think cost $200something but just wanted to try it out. Anyway this machine can sell to others..many buying 2nd hand one.

I used to have perfect cycle of 28 days but ever since failed ivf it gone haywire. Last month I detected peak on cd12 but cycle length is 34..I also scratch head!!

Bigbear: must be happy go lucky. Don't stress ourselves.

Ravene: if got Ntuc card, can check out unity pharmacy for ensure milk. They got better link points n chocolate flavour. Immunocal cannot be mixed with milk. U can try take immunocal to build up Protein n immunity first. Then nearing to Ur cycle take ensure milk. Ensure milk has a content which helps implantion.

Hi everyone,

I am so sorry to distrurb the exchanges to seek some advices. this is my first post. i have gather many useful information and seen many informatice exchanges. I would like to seek advise on ivf treatment.

we have tried IVF in SGH twice and failed. we have lost confidence with the complicated and often laggy workflow. and many delays.

we are going to try alternative:

we have shortlisted prof wong PC from NUH and Dr Loh SF from TMC.

is there any recommendations?

Our concern are that in
1. private (Dr Loh SF), they may not be so proficient in complicated cases (we already failed twice and doesnt look good) and may be more focus on 'easier' cases to push up their success rate.

2. NUH (Prof Wong), in restructure gov hospital, we will face similar problems with laggy and complicated workflow and limited consultation time with Prof.

any experiences with the drs?

we greatly appreciate any advise. We have already spent a few years in SGH, we need some recommendations to get it right...rather than trying out the different consultations

thank you very very much

okok...so morning i drink warm milk, then folic acid....other things to eat???

i bought extra chic essence and butter cookies to drink/munch during tea break at home...LOLxxx...

hubby just fried 2 eggs for me to eat...later eating with bread...coz need to fast for ET ...somemore my apptment is 1020am! ...Zzzzz....

babysmurf> ya i tink a positive "mood" can do better for us. Like after ER, these 2 days i only come to sistas forum, play a bit of FB talking...the rest of the time do nothing and watch cable tv or go toilet or go shower or fold clothes on bed. Not even doing laundry (which i pestered hubby to do and he is so lazy!!).....

Thks leor n Babysmurf ...ok will try them
happy.gif

Asiafighter n Bigbear .. We will fight together n May god answer our prayers soon !!!

Babysmurf .. For ur 2ww u go to both dr Zhou n tsb ?

Hi dulala,

I don't know about dr loh but i think the ladies here have rave reviews about him.. I don't think he will reject complicated cases just to up his success rate..

I'm under prof wong at nuh as a private patient and the experience has been good.. No lag at all.. Appointment dates are set up pretty quickly and things move quick.. He's a very caring doctor and my hubby and i feel assured under his care..

Good to go to a doctor you feel comfortable with.. Wishing you all the best for your ttc journey!

i asked tsb a few times on accu, but she say wun help much for ivf.. scared if i tell her i go somewhere else for accu, she'll 'scold' me.. haha.. juz joking.. she is a very nice lady..

for those sisters who transferred from kkh to nuh, do you find it better at nuh? tried 1 fresh and 2 frozen cycles at kkh but still no good news (chemical pregnancy during the fresh).. now considering to start again in nuh.. *headache*

Girl girl .. Gd to b in a positive mood .. U soo cute .. Got to pester ur hubby to do laundry haha .. Tink once after ET he will auto do them for u de
happy.gif
. U got to jia you too .. Enjoy the 2ww ..

thank you thank you min81.

i have been reading many of the old threads as well and found these two drs to be quite popular (of course there are many others dr whom one may be comfortable with and have been successful).

i am thinking of getting an appointment to see both of them before starting treatment..anyway just failed a cycle so cant start anytime soon so have some time to look for a dr.

really low morale now...

thank you

Dulala,

Can understand.. Take a good break first and come back stronger k.. Jia you!

Just a note, prof wong only allows for appointment on saturdays for new patients.. Subsequent appointments will have to be on weekdays, unless of cos if your scan falls on saturday..

Hi sophia,

Yup prof does all the scans.. Unless he happens to be on leave when you're due for scan, he'll probably arrange dr stephen chew or dr anupriya to do it.. They are the ivf doctors on his team..

Ravene: during my 2ww I didn't go to any of them. Actually TSB want to see my on my et day but my et is posted 1 day so went to her earlier by 1 day b4 my et. Got my an tai Yao. Still guai guai taking.

By the way u all taking the pills to support or do the jab one?

hi min 81,

thank you.

for the scans - which one do you mean? in SGH, scans are done by the sonographer (if that is the correct term)...the dr dont do the scans. they only do the scans during retreival.

actually i cannot wait to start another cycle. how long does one has to wait before strating another cycle by the way?

thank you

Dulala: I recommend Dr Sf LoH. A nos of sisters here is consider gone cases at a lot of places n even ask to go for adoption. But they manage to get pregnant n some even delivery twin under him.

Go with whoever u n your dh are comfortable with.

Sophia: just go with Ur heart. At the end of the day is whether u are comfortable anot. Can don't tell TSB just take her medication then slot in accupture on other day. But u will be very packed n busy.

getting quite impatient with the service at kkh already.. think they got too many patients and the doctors can't cope.. sent them a query on my thyriod test result, but still no reply from them on what to do next.. sigh

now brewing tsb medicine.. had to reverse my cup of cold fruit juice i had this afternoon.. haha..

ya, babysmurf, thinking of getting an appt with NUH while waiting for KKH to respond to me.. and considering to do accu with Dr Zou while still brewing TSB's medicine..

getting a headache now on how to juggle my time and manage the extra expenses.. desperate measures..

Dulala,

Any scan that is necessary will be done by prof himself.. It's like at private doctor.. Unless any complication and he can't see clearly, he'll get you to go next door (just beside women's clinic) to the fetal care centre and the sonographer will do a detailed scan.. My hubby and i like him also cos he's very systematic.. He will always explain in detail all the options you can take, and give you his advice to help you make your decision..

Sophie: r u having your dr appt soon. Starting Ur cycle soon? Maybe can call them up. If abt to start Ur program, IVF centre should have your result. No pOint email to them. Dr zou charges still affordable each session abt $30.

babysmurf: actually dr hh tan wanted me to start fresh cycle this month, but tsb advised me to tiao some more, dun hurry..

took thyroid blood test recently, then i requested that kkh send me the test result. it showed that i may have slight hypo-thyroid.. so i'm trying to contact dr hh tan for his views on whether i can still go ahead with my fresh cycle.. waited for a few weeks already.. sigh.. he must be so busy after his ict training that he couldn't find time to review my case..

nurul, i just back from TSB's clinic. indeed the waiting time is long.reach there on time 8pm but only see her at 9.30pm. Given 5 packets of medicine to brew, one packet brew twice and for 2 days then rest 2 days then brew again! guess not to difficult

i told her about my AMH, so indeed is at very low side according to her so hopefully she got my problem right! will see her only on 8 oct. Dont know right or wrong, if this cycle 34days then on 8oct wil be my cd19 already!

babysmurf, can advise? the same medicine for post O and pre-o?

Proserpina: TSB's medication don't have pre or post o one. Take it as normal. It helps to tiao your body. Just take note that if having AF then don't take.

Sophie: just call Kkh to make an appt with dr tan. Tell their cAll centre is urgent as u are starting your cycle this mth. They will get the nurse from clinic d to call u back. This one is the no choice method. Heehee

Prosepina so long uh? Go ther take queue no or wait for e name to be called? Wah 8oct ur 2nd appointment oreadi mine stil haven't go yet by den. Hehehe. Btw how much u pay juz now if u dun mind....

Hi everyone,
I had a failed ivf in Aug. And thinking of seeing TCM to bu my womb. Have been reading ur thread for awhile.. can give the contact of Dr Zou/ Dr Zhou ?!?! And location of the clinic??
Can I ask if anyone felt very very cold or have chills during or after their period after failed in ivf??
Thanks.

Dulala, I also recommend dr loh. He's experienced and has different ivf protocols. For ivf, he sees patients at Thomson fertility centre which is at novena. His o&g clinic is at Thomson medical level 5. The nurses at tfc is very encouraging.

Sunniehope normally my water wil b 1litre. Mayb cos my body is more on e warm side. So nothing happens. So far no sore throat n so far so good

Serene mayb cos mine gone thru twice D&C due to previous miscarriage days y my lining thin. But my lining as et e last scan is oso triple lining. It's juz dat it's thin.

Back