IVF/ICSI Support Group

Itjabi
it must be hard for you... the roller coasters after the BFP... but stay strong and positive for the other BB ok...

WY, I had my IVF done at Thomsom Fetility Centre, Dr Cheng. Now, I am back with my gynae Dr Joycelyn Wong at TMC.

Steven, it is really difficult to advise which Dr and IVF centre is good. It all depends on your wife comfort level and how much you want to spend. For eg. myself, I preferred a lady Gynae. So, we asked for a few lady gynae names from friends and visited them one by one. :p My experience : KK waiting time of 1.5-3 hours really put me off, I kept complaining to hubby while waiting. For Glen, we both think it is not worth paying so much and yet waiting time is btw 1-2hrs. This gynae is highly recommended by many of my friends but he is super busy, he actually runs between two rooms to see his patients. The Paragon one is beyond our budget, one normal visit with scan cost us $500 over. *faint*. The TMC one fits my criteria, waiting time btw 30min to 1hr and at reasonable price and distance from our place and office.

As for IVF centre, my gynae was prepared to refer me to any govt hosp or TFC. Obviously, we opted for TFC which has a shorter waiting time... abt 30mins to 1hr at max. So, you see, there are many factors to consider.
happy.gif
Best tht you talk to your wife

lyn, yes i was on tcm (accup+meds) 4 a year, b4 embarking on e ivf journey, but stopped completely as soon as e Lucrin stage.

i guess a high-protein diet will encourage cell formation. but dun just gorge on proteins, remember 2 hv a well-balanced diet. goog quality eggs will in turn improve womb lining, dat's wat Dr told me. i am more a vegetarian person, which probably explained why my eggs were few. even my Dr was surprised.

hi bee, reason i asked is bcos e singaporean fertility dr at my clinic is going back 2 work 4 a certain Dr cheng (unless there r many ard). his wife is a gynea/obst at TMC. His name is Dr CT Yeung

lyn, must go to a sinseh w experience in fertility matters ie seen many cases, not just any one. this dr zou seems quite good.

Humbug

haha, not queen bee at home la... i will still share housework with him but i will do the easy stuff of course... heehee. i believe all IVF hb will tend to be more sensitive, understanding and loving during this period, just like ur hb
happy.gif
my gynae said no need to see her so frequently, once a month will do. my next appt is this Fri. If bb is at the right position, we may be able to see if it's boy or girl
happy.gif

hi bee,

we go to KK for checkup. we dont have any gynae. my wife also perfer to have a female doctor.

how is SGH Dr Yu? One of my friend is from there.

WY - oic, TFC has only one IVF Dr and that is Dr Cheng. There are other Dr at TMC and they use TFC's facility for ER and ET. so, likely that dr u mentioned is joining Dr Cheng

juju,lyn,wy,pau le: juz have b rested n see wat happens..

Juju: Did u do a thalassaemia BT during ur early pregnancy?How's bb by the way??

i just informed my immediate boss + colleagues dat m preggy (2 explain all e long mcs i'm taking), eventhou' don't wish to. No response leh, like silent radio. dun know wat they thinking.

bee, Dr yeung is definitely joining Dr Cheng. Dr yeung's wife is oso a gynea at TMC. thot there was a dr noel leong there too?

hi Steven
When i was at KK The private suite, I was seeing Dr Maria (forgot how to spell her name, an Indian lady, not our ideal choice). Was told tt her waiting time was shorter as compared to others. Anyway, i dun really like her. I dunno any Dr at SGH, but many ladies here are seeing Dr S F Loh for their IVF.

WY - there are many Dr at TMC.. i only know mine and my sis one at level 3 :p TFC quite small actually, i thot they needed more nurses than Dr since there is only one Dr room

hi Libby, hope the embies stick tight tight...Good Luck!

Faith, thanks.

Boon, thanks. we just have a few hours good chat over meal. mayb u can join us the next time.

itjabi,
yes, did dat test. jus dun remember when it was done... nid to dig out the receipts.
bb is ok, still nid more patience

bee/steven,
dat shld be dr marianne hendricks? she do ivf as well, see patients at clinic d too.

hi ltjabi,
hang on, hope the blood clot will clear soon. i recall doing the thalassaemia BT for my 1st child. This time they never ask me to do so i suppose just once will do. Will you be doing the down syndrome test? i trying to decide take the cheaper package or the $300 package test.

hi faith,
i had my mom to cook for 2ww but last time i used to be stay at home mom, so tingkat was the perfect solution. If you need more nutritous food, can take a higher grade menu. some tingkat company got categorize into a slightly ex grade for better ingredients. Some got confinement menu, but i don't suppose that is necessary for 2ww.

hi dream,
all the best for your ET.

hi humbug,
thanks for the update. Hope libby will be fine.

hi bee,
hope you can see the gender at next visit. Take care.

Hi Lyn,

My friend who is a nurse passed me a tube when she knew I was going to embark on IVF... didn't pay for it but shouldn't be that ex...

Hi steven,
I am seeing Doc Sadhana in KKH, I feel comfortable with her throughout my souiu, ivf and throughout my pregnancy. She is the senior consultant of the KKivf centre. You and your wife may like to consider her.
happy.gif

Good morning, ladies! I had a good night sleep ytd and feeling very good tdy.
happy.gif

Looking forward to go KK tmr for HCG BT. At least can leave the house for a walk and breathe some fresh air. Haha! Hubby super kan cheong. Dun allow me to go out....

Hi serene,
envy u to have a good night sleep...hee..
happy.gif

Me still as usual, woke up in the middle of the night at 2am... then couldnt sleep, so did some reading until 4am... then went back to rest. Anyway, due to tummy discomfort, I didnt sleep well. But I am thankful to be able to rest a few hours at least daily.
Baby boy still doesnt want to give me any labour signs... so I also bo bian... trying to stay relax as much as possible. He seems to move more often these few days... not sure what he wants to tell me.
happy.gif

If really cannot tahan... can check with your gynae see if can induce or not... 38 weeks conseidered ful term already. Kester was born at 37 weeks... Now he is such a BIG boy...

Serene, Good luck for your BT tomorrow, BFP to you all the way.

Hi Tori, Can you share when did you start your suprefact injection and how long were you on gonal F?

Serene,
I am also unsure... sometimes it was terrible, just suffering whole day, sometimes just used to be so uncomfortable lor... I just hope that I would have already dilated on my next appt next wed... then can admit for labout str liao, no need for me to decide induction or not...heehee...
happy.gif

Steven-The head of SGH (IVF) is a lady doctor, heard not bad, pls check their website for more precise details. If u can't decide, like Bee said, u have to meet up with them personally and thereafter to make the decision.

ltjabi-Hope your baby is fine and the blood clot will clear soon. Continue to stay positive and relax your whole body will help for a good circulation.

Hi Bliss,

Dun worry lah... Try to enjoy these last moments with the little one inside you. Trust me, you'll miss this feeling after delivery.
happy.gif
Sometimes I wish that I can squeeze Kester back to my tummy again when he gets very naugty. haha!

Serene - glad that you are feeling happy and good..
happy.gif

bliss - you are going back on the 20th?? hmm, so am i.. but i already scheduled a c-section for 21st.. yahahaha... my doc made me schedule.. we shall see how... the boys better co-operate and stay still till 21st..

itjabi - oh dear.. pray that your baby is fine.. relax and think positive... your body will know what to do.. in my other forum, there is an ang moh lady who got pregnant with twins.. one of twins water bag started leaking at 16 weeks.. and she immediately got hospitalised.. but there was nothing the docs could do.. thus, after 3 days, they scaned and found that the baby with the burst water bag, has pass on, with the waterbag and placenta wrapped around the dead fetus, stuck next to the other twin... she had to be really careful.. she remained very positive throughout her ordeal.. and interestingly enuff, her body decided to expel the dead fetus within 3 days.. luckily her cervix closed up again, straight after her labour and delivery of her dead twin... it was a horrible time for her, but she was so positive that i could not help but cry and admire her at the same time..
happy.gif
be strong like her...
i believe that your body will know what to do.. will be praying for you..

Serene,
thanks, yes I will try to enjoy these few weeks. I heard of how tiring and different it will be once bb is born.
happy.gif

Mel,
wow, so you know the exact date of your princes' arrival... so good...
happy.gif

If I were to be in labour on the 20th, then our bbs probably will arrive on the same day... heehee...
happy.gif

All the best to you! You will see your cuties in another 1 week! WOW... :D

Was in very good mood until I saw my boss email. She wants my home number so that she can contact me. i put my hp on silent so there was a few times I didnt pick up her call. She must be very mad and now she wants my home no... sigh... have to give her. After i gave her the no. regretted so much... hope she wont call and disturb me all the time... damn sian now...

Serene - turn off your hp and hang up your house phone.... Say that you didn't notice hp is out of batt.. And your son play with house phone... :p

Dear all
Had my HCG BT ytd. It has rises from 71 to 120.

However, i started to have pink spotting to brown spotting, to fresh blood bleeding accompanied with cramps. I went to KKH 24hr clinic last night, the doc said my cervix is still closed, no sign of miscarriage yet, but since i have cramps and fresh blood bleeding, this is not a good sign.
I asked the doc if can give me any jab or med to stop the bleeding, she said there's nothing she can do to stop the bleeding. She just gave me another progesterone jab.

Till now.. my cramp and bleeding has not stopped overnight. I'm quite sure this is my AF.

I will have to wait for my HCG BT tom, to confirm that it's gone. I don't want to have anymore false hope, another roller coaster. Life still goes on, i want this episode to quickly be over..

Take care libby.
I will be at KKH for bld test tom too. I agreed it is really a roller coaster and it can be so emotionally taxing,anyway we still have to move on.

Back