IVF/ICSI/IUI - 2ww

Hi stumbledby and moonfairy,

I've been testing myself with hpts since 8dp2dt and have been getting negatives. Today already 11dp2dt and still no clear positive. Yesterday I imagined a faint line on the hpt, and DH said he could see a ver very faint line too... but by this morning it was gone so I'm sure we imagined it.
I've been having quite bad AF cramps every night for past few nights now.

And to top it all off, my SIL who's 5 years youger than me is pregnant with second one. Just found that out last night.

Never mind. It's okay, I keep telling myself. But I asked DH if he still loves me despite being this way(aka infertile) and luckily he said yes.

Haizz..so that's the long story of it.
Moon, I'm glad you're feeling better. IF is so difficult.

googal,
rest well and jiayou!

Btw, this is my 1st IVF but been on countless Chlomid cycles and 5yrs ttc.
Never seen BFP on HPT, sometimes think it's a myth.

qoo,

Wow..in M'sia you can transfer 4 embbies ! Stomach is bloated due to the ER, so it should go away in few day's time. So u have to go back M'sia this two weeks ?

Moon,

Yes. u can rest about 3 months or even shorter, before u start the next treatment. Actually u ovulated and have menses now, it will be like another ordinary month (to your body). Maybe u want to consider TCM during this period ? I had TCM before i start my 2nd fresh cycle. ( i did not have TCM for my 1st cycle)

I also went to Bangkok after my first failure last December! Hope that u can bring the luck i brought with me for the 2nd cycle.

After my 'failure', gynea said usually he will recommend people to try up to 3 fresh cycles, but that is based on the success rates/experience at NUH I reckon. MOH advises people to try up to 6 times though. But yes, its mental resilence and finances that one has to consider too.

Enjoy your trip! Remember to go MBK and Chatuchak.

AnnieSD,

What is 8dp2dt and 11dp2dt ? Don't keep testing on HPT.....u can only see something on the day u are supposed to have period, which is 2 weeks after egg retrieval...Dont stress yourself up!

Hi AnnieSD,

I know how you feel. My SIL was pregnant right after my 2nd IVF failed attempt.

My hd also said that more importantly is we have both of us, the rest is secondary. So if have, if don't have, then it's fated. But at least we know we tried.

So cheer up!!
happy.gif
At least u know u have buddies here who care for each other.

Stumbledby,
I'll try not to test anymore. 8dp2dt = 8DaysPost2-Day Transfer. I'm a POAS addict. Have wasted hundreds if not thousands of dollars on negative hpts in the past five years of ttc. Even tested during my period before to make sure not pg. So stupid and desperate,I know.

Passion,
I guess we're all very lucky here to have great husbands. I'm so glad I found this forum..would have gone crazy otherwise.

Hi qoo,
wah... 4 embries!! Rest well and here is my loads of blessing for u.....!!!
happy.gif

AnnieSd,
I was happy too when i found this site. At least we are not alone. how are u feelin now??

Hi Gals,
My blood test result is next tues. I was quite positive until juz now i had slight bleeding after i pass motion. Got very upset but not too sure if it is AF coz it doesn't look like one. I had this bleeding problem when my AF ends recently and gynae says its coz my cervix was infected but not serious. So not too sure if it still the case. Sigh
sad.gif

Stumbled By
Yes, need to stay in Msia till doc green light. Under observation, as my case is quite severe compared to other patients. I had been buying few new skirts/pants as my stomach is so bloated like 4 mths pregnant. Bgt 2 maternity pants today, as I can't even fit in XL pants. Can't even walk straight, and had to hold my stomach at all times. If i go out, for sure, looks like preggy for few mths
happy.gif

Annie/Passion
Thanks, i'm praying that 4 embries will be strong and be very happy if get singleton. Twins is real bonus for me.

qoo,
The bloatedness will subside in a few days, I was also walking bent whenever i need to go to toilet, the pain was a torture for me...hang in there...

passion
I oso had a bit of blood while passing motion one day during 2ww but later i realized it was not from V but from A. Your bleeding could be implantation bleeding. All the best!

AnnieSd,
We all have been doing what you are doing, for me all i wanted and dreamt of during my 7 years of marriage was to see a positive in the hpt but when finally it did, i refused to believe it. hold on dear your turn will be here soon.

Baby dust to qoo, annie, passion and Ad.
479218.gif

Dear friends,
I think AF is coming soon (it usually comes 15dpo..and it's like clockwork this time).BFNs, Cramping, poor embies..it's all leading to this moment.

Just found some spotting today, and usually that's a sure sign of AF full force by tonight.But remaining calm because I'm still at work. Will go home and cry my heart out this evening.

Don't think I'll be as lucky as Stumbledby this time, but I wanted to thank you ladies for being so kind and generous with information and help. Will take a break for a while, save some more money and try again someday.

Haven't told DH yet, wait till tonight.

Thank you friends for giving me courage and hope. There are so many role-models here.

Passion, qoo,Ad,
good luck and plenty of baby dust to you girls. Hope to meet you all on the other side one day.

Hi Everyone,

I think my AF is really coming soon. I was so upset that i decided not to go in office yesterday. Cried and cried until so sleepy..
But strange the blood is a quite blackish red. Does anyone had this same problem for FET?? Today not much bleeding but quite sure that my AF shld be coming. Sigh... i think i will do HPT to calm my anxiety. Better know earlier than drag so long.. since the symptons are there. sigh..

Hi Annie,
I think i am in the same fate like u. It's not easy, mentally and financially. Glad to get to know u... hope i meet u one of these days...
happy.gif

Dear Passion and Annie

Take good care and now the most important thing is to rest, rest and rest. Big hug to both of you.

annie and passion
Please dont lose your hopes as AF is not here full flow. The blood test is done regardless of bleeding or not so u may still be pregnant.

passion, good idea to do hpt, when is your blood test day and how many days pt are u now?

Annie/Passion,
I am praying for you gals. Please do not give up be positive. Could be like stumble, it's implantiation bleeding. KKh nurse told me there are cases where some started spotting and they are pregnant. Blood test is the best way to ensure this. Good luck.

moonfairy,
how many cycles have u gone thru so far? sorry i may have read it but forgot. I dont think u should think about donar or adoption at this time, my first gynae who said we have severe male factor also said this, but we didnt want to listen to him.

I knoe acu is horrible, i went only for 2 sessions and i gave up. y dont u just go for a few session before starting lucrin? Take care

Hi ladies,
thanks for all the words of encouragement. Me still spotting , but I feel better, kind of. At least had a good cry last night.

Passion, don't let me bring you down okay? Anyway, I know we are meant to have children because otherwise God would not have made us want them so much. We just have to be more patient, so our joy when we finally meet our children will be even greater.

Moon,
I'm glad you're feeling better and seeking 2nd opinion. I agree with 2nd gynae, you should try again...I will pray for you and all of us here!
One day we will get there!

AnnieSd, Passion,

My spotting was brown. Although once it was very very slight red. So if yours is like mine, maybe there is still chance !

Passion/AnnieSD
Don't give up , do HPT first. How's the blood test result, today? Lots of blessing and baby dust for you gals. This morning, I also had a shock of my life, suddenly something hot flushing out from V (like AF signs), phew, it's nothing. I don't why I have this feeling at all times.

Stumbled/Passion/AnnieSD
Do u gals insert progestron capsule every day? Mine 3 times a day, 2 caps each time.

Humble
Thanks, the bloatedness and cramp had gone. The pain is worthwhile. Mine HPT on next Wed, and I'm very very anxious everyday. Told myself this 2ww is really 'xinku' but being pregnant is the most joyful /happiest moment in my life. How's yr 3 little humble doing? How many weeks are u in now?

Stumble/Humble
U did your HPT on Day? Mine is 18days from ET.
What is HCG? I got lot of questions on my mind.

Humble/Chloe
How much is the scan cost in Spore? Is it a weekly or monthly scan? Or those in package which include monthly urine test? I'm comparing the cost in Msia. Just an estimate figure will do. Can we use medisave ?

hi qoo_gap88

i am with Gleneagles, not sure is it becos i am expecting triplets, it costs me $120 each time. i do it once every 2 weeks, when i see my doc. My doc does not offer any package for multiple pregs, so can't advice u on that. Yes, in s'pore, u can use medisave to pay for part of the pre-delivery and delivery charges. As for how much, i read that the hospital will let u know after u have delivered. u may wanna find out the details from the MOH website under "Medisave Maternity Package" http://www.moh.gov.sg/corp/about/faqs/policy/details.do?cid=cat_faqs_pol_mpschemes&id=27262977

Hi Chloe
Thanks for the info. If +ive next week, I was considering to go back to Msia once a mth or twice a mth for scan/check up. My doc says it's perfectly fine for me to fly to and fro every mth. Well, haven't really calculate the cost. Anyway, based on the estimate figure, of course Spore will be much cheaper, save time, $$, etc.. Keep fingers crossed for next week result and DH and me will discuss further. Thanks again!
How's yr 3 little bb doing? Had know their gender?

hi qoo_gap88

no prob, all the best to u.
happy.gif
Nope, yet to know whether they are boys or gals. Hopefully will be a mixture.

moonfairy, u back from bkk already?? or u've not yet gone there?

hi moonfairy

ic, make sure u enjoy urself in sep.
happy.gif
well, too early to feel any kicking. Now besides feeling bloated, dun really have any sensation yet at the tummy. Maybe in another 1-2 months' time.
happy.gif

Moon
My doc assure me 1st trimester is fine to fly and max is till 35 weeks. Flight is bout 2 hours. My doc is a really a nice guy and he had been sms/calling me to check how i'm doing. We will see how it goes and pray for good news...
happy.gif

Chloe
Wow, for sure mixture. Then close shop liao. Not easy to carry triplets, but u will have triple joy..
happy.gif
How many weeks are u in now?

hi qoo_gal88

yeh, not easy cos must be very careful about prematured labor. Dr will be checking my cervix tomm to make sure it is not showing signs of dilation. Hopefully everything will be fine. i am in my 14th week.
happy.gif

qoo_gal88,

i only have prostegon gel for the 2WW. i did hpt on day 15 (exactly 15 days After egg retrieval) - but i din have any jabs like HcG during the 2WW. Those who had HcG jab during 2WW may not get accurate hpt reading before day 18.

Chloe
So fast, u are in the 2nd trimister. Read from the other post, that for triplets, u might need to rest from 20th week onwards. U working now?

Stumbled
Gel? Mine is a white round capsule. Like the big 'sago'. After ET, I had 2 Progrestrone Jab for 4 days. I don't have HCG jabs. Hhmm... wish I can HPT early (if 15 days after ER, that's means this Thursday)...hee...hee..
happy.gif
. But I don't dare, better bear till next Wed.

Hi Gals
Any1 of you here have a pet like cat/dog? My mum been nagging to me and ask me not to touch the dog too much, better leave her at my MIL house for them to take care. So called pantang. My dog didn't gave me much problem, as my DH travels a lot and lucky I have her as my companion. She is with me since she is 2 mths, and there's really a bond with her. DH dotes on her a lot also. And during this 2ww, I can't mop the floor, clean the house, so I had arrange a part time maid to come over on Wed which include mopping, clean the window grill, window, toilet, ironing, etc. Just now told my mum bout it, and she likes 'pantang' again. She say can't move our furniture, table,..etc. I say I will be careful, i just need the PT maid to clean, and if she need to shift the sofa out a bit, shldn't be a big prob. Aiya, i know my mum is naggy abit but nags for my own good. Anyone encounter the above problem?

hi qoo_gal88

i am on no-pay leave now. My working env is very stressful, so i thot may as well take no-pay leave and focus on my pregnancies.

i dun have any pets at home. Not sure about dogs, but my dr told me to stay away from cats cos their shit contains some sort of bacteria that could harm the babies. So i think u better avoid cats lor. haha... my family also forbids me to do housework or move things around. But hor, i dun mind lor, cos i by nature lazy bones mah. Hey, u just sit back and relax lar, no housework for u, that's very good leh.
happy.gif

Hi Chloe
At least yr employer is so understanding and allow u to take no pay leave. Not much employer will allow that, and heard lot of wrongful termination during pregnancy. Stress is no good for pregnancy, so stay at home and relax. Kepoh a bit, govt is giving baby bonus rite, but only for 1st pregnancy. If twins/triplets, do we entitle more? No right? Singleton,twins,triplets only $3K baby bonus + 3 months maternity leave. How I wish all this will be doubled or tripled...haha...
happy.gif
very greedy. Anyway, as long as can get pregnant, never mind of the baby bonus. We already came so far away.

I don't have cats, only 1 dog. She do her business outdoor and as long as I don't touch her shit, shldn't be a prob. But she is too furry for me to cuddle. I try not to hug /cuddle her too much also. Must control. Well, bout housework, Dh only sweeps the floor, mopping is a no no to him. I also don't want him to mop. But I really can't stand the dust, and greasy feeling on the floor. I will just arrange the PT maid to clean and don't move any furniture. Not even sofa, if she wants, she need to bend down and crawl inside...haha... Thanks a lot for yr advice. It helps me on my decision
happy.gif

qoo,
i did the hpt on 14dp2dt, cos the hcg shot given to us before ER will ligner in our body until 14 days so i waited for that 14 day. Actually you can test anytime after 14 days from ER or hcg shot. Good luck!! I had pm you something leh!

Hi chloe, understand that u r on no pay leave. Do u know if we will still be entitled to paid maternity leave? Is there a no. of days of working before u can take no pay leave and still get entitled to maternity leave?
My working environment is also very stressful. So am also planning to hv no pay leave if necessary. I just test +ve last wed. This is my 2nd fresh IVF attempt.

hi rainbow7

congratulations! i cannot advise u on ur company, but for my case, i am entitled to 3 months of paid maternity leave. Reason given was although i am on no pay leave, i am still their staff and i think MOM does discourage companies from terminating preggies at any stage of their pregnancies. However, still depends on whether ur company is ethical enough to practice that lor... i'm not sure whether there is a no. of days i need to work in my company before i am entitled to no pay leave... i've been with them for quite a while, so i might have taken for granted that i am eligible. But as for paid maternity leave, i understand that under the labor law, so long u work for more than 180 days in the same company, u are entitled to the paid maternity leave.

Here are some articles that u may wanna refer for ur knowledge:

http://www.mom.gov.sg/PressRoom/PressReplies/20060718-UnfairlysackedpregnantmumscanseekMOMshelp.htm

http://www.mom.gov.sg/PressRoom/PressReplies/20060719-LostjobMumstobecanseekredress.htm

http://www.mom.gov.sg/PressRoom/PressReplies/20060630-Lawforbidsdismissalongroundofpregnancy.htm

http://www.mom.gov.sg/NR/rdonlyres/82B35B3F-E22D-4326-AA30-8F6DDDDD985F/1007/3079_20040823_NTAP_Guidelines_Final.pdf

Good to know ur rights but there again, it will still boil down to ur own HR policies. Of cos, not forgetting sometimes, it is the unwritten factors that ur employers may cast upon u... there are cases where employees are terminated when they are pregnant, and reason given was they were unable to meet their performance targets... this kind of reason for termination is very subjective...

Congrats Rainbow7.
Not much company allow employees to take too long unpaid leave. It really depends on your employer.

Humble
Thanks... i love baby dust..hee
happy.gif

hi rainbow7

wat qoo_gal88 said may be true, it all depends on ur company. Although my HR policies allow, but my boss is quite sore about it... i was also told that i must be prepared that my position will not be reserved for me. For me case, i really cannot work anymore cos i am expecting triplets. So, i got no choice, got to take the risk. But if u feel that ur health may not be able to tahan ur working condition and may threaten ur pregnancy, then u should really really consider going on no-pay leave. In my opinion, the baby is more impt, not forgetting u have gone to the extent of IVF to have this baby. Treasure it.
happy.gif

Chloe
U are right, most boss is very unhappy about that. But so far my boss is quite understanding guy only the HR dept. I wish I can tell that "Hey, look govt is encouraging ppl to give birth as our Spore population is getting lesser". I'm helping the govt..heee..heee.. I can talk so loud here, but don't dare to tell this to my HR Director. Anyway, most MTB endure this 9 months just for the sake of babies, 3 months maternity leave, financial , etc.

Rainbow
Only yourself understand your boss character. I think as long as your immediate superior gives you the green light, then HR Dept really can't do anything also. Diff boss diff pattern. Usually male boss are more understanding. If our immediate boss is a single lady (40++) , then can forget bout unpaid leave. No offence gals.

Chloe/Stumbled/Humble/Rainbow
Today is D10 after ET. Last nite I got mild cramp on lower stomach. This morning the cramp still there. Did any1 encounter this symptons? Is it good sign if bloatedness and cramp prolong?

My doc told me that this 2ww, I won't have the symptons of swelling breast, nausea, vomitting Occasionally, some ladies may experience some brownish discharge or light spotting which is usually pain free.

hi qoo_gal88

i also experience AF cramps just before i tested positive. So, it does not mean anything. Dun read too much into it. Good luck!

hi didi

About 14DPO, cramps that are similar to AF cramps started for me. They dun come at the same time everyday, but the feeling is exactly the same as if AF coming.

hi moonfairy

Just to let u know, the gals at the Dr L C Foong's thread were asking about u. i told them u are fine. Do drop by and say hello when u free.
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
just had my HCG blood test today. It was unfortunately a BFN for me but I'm okay by now as I've been having AF since a few days ago, so sort of already knew. Fortunately have my mom and DH who're so supportive.
My boss was so nice and he said, "At least ,it was worth the try..don't give up!" So nice hor?

Will see doctor for review 2wks from now. Maybe will start next cycle in Oct or Nov.

Googal, Passion, good luck k!

Rainbow, congratulations!

To all the pregnant ladies here, please take care of yourselves, okay? You are all so nice, always thinking of others.

Annie
Sorry to hear that. Lots of hug hug to you. Don't give up. It's more important to nourish yr body now and try for another cycle. Check with you u did IUI/IVF/ICSI?

Thanks, keeping fingers crossed
happy.gif

Back