IVF/ICSI/IUI - 2ww

Thanks Chloe and humble.....I heard about it too.....so now only praying hard for miricle........humber today is D16, 2 more days to go......

Wonder how's constantia.........

Hi gals,
sorry... but I bring bad news... I'm not pregnant... think AF coming too cause yesterday have brown spotting... I'm fine now after crying my heart out just now... will try with my frozen embryoes 2 months later... hope everything will goes fine then... anyway, I've not given my "story" yet to all of you, coz planning to wait till result day, anyway, here goes...

Customaried 2 years ago... have been trying since then. After trying for about 9 months, knew something was wrong and went to see a chinese sinseh and found out maybe my womb too "cool" as all along my AF was never regular... he mananged to cure it and bring my AF back to normal after taking the medicine for more than half a year... while taking it, he says we should continue trying... but still in vain... we stopped for a month or two as my AF was very regular... but after stopping, it went back to irregular again... so this time I went to see a gynae instead... I have been going to KKH previously because of irregular menses too so Dr Tan actually made me do all the tests to confirm is there any problem with me... but results came back and I'm very normal... so she prescribe clomid for me to take. This goes on for about few months yet still in vain... then Dr Tan actually suggested my hubby to do the test, and results came back to be no good and refer us to see Dr Loh and he refer us to IVF. That's how we started the program... and while starting, I've stopped on clomid and AF become irregular again... maybe it's both our problem... God's will...

Dear Constantia...so sorry to hear the news.....anyway, I don't bring much hope too cos I had tested the HPT and it's negative....I think you are right...it's really god's will....now I also leave it all to god....

A BIG HUG FOR YOU AND MYSELF......TAKE CARE.......

TTBS,

My ER wouldnt be so soon. I havent even started suprefact and Gonal-F yet ;P

Constantia18,

I have been through it and I know how u are feeling. I think married for 2 years is still not that long. Don't give up. In fact, places like Thong Chai u must try at least two years THEN they will advise u to see them. I dont think irregular menses is a problem as long as u ovulate. I have two friends who have irregular and they got pregnant.

constantia, sorry to hear it... do take care of ur health for now till the next cycle using FET..... BIG BEAR HUG FOR ALL OF US ON 2WW.....
happy.gif

hi constantia

So sorry to hear that it is not successful... It is indeed a sad news for all of us. Are u working tomm? Maybe should just take a break and let urself cool down. So sorry, i know no matter wat i say will not make u feel better... Do take care and we will all be here for u. All the best for ur FET.

hi gals,
thanks for your wishes... we have already thought of the worst scenario... so we are ok now... hope my FET can be done cause I know sometimes they will not be defroze... so keeping my fingers crossed again... but I won't give up!!! Life has to go on...

Chloe,
I'm not working for this whole week cause I'm afraid of bad results (can't face my colleagues) or good results (have to celebrate) (in this case bad result lah) but will start working on monday... hope I'll be able to cope on that day... good luck to me...

hi constantia.... am sure u can cope...
happy.gif
you can come in here to vent ur frustrations, unhappiness etcetc... we will b here...
happy.gif
i dun dare to tink too much too.... it's all fated, mayb our time is not here to hv kids yet.... some day, it will ;)

constantia,
BIG HUGSS TO U DEAR, i know its not easy, I hav been there once and i cant explain how much i grieved for my failure. I admire your courage in accepting and moving on ahead. I m sure you can make it with all our support. WE ARE HERE FOR U K...

Hi Constantia and Huangling,
lots of hugs to both of u. Like what Humble said, we are here for u.

Hi Ladies,
A question for those that did their SOIUI before at KKH. May I know, did you proceed to 2nd SOIUI IMMEDIATELY if failed 1st cycle? Or you rest for a cycle? Did you need to see a doctor first and get his/her approval for next cycle?
Because Dr Loh will be on leave next next week. If I fail (touch wood), I wish I try one more cycle immediately. If need to get his approval, I need to wait for another cycle...

Hi all, my progesterone blood test is out. It is 440.8. Dun know what is the unit. KK's nurse said it is normal. Can tell anything from this value?

Hi gals,
Ok i m finally graduated to 2ww thread!

Had 8 embies in total, 3 grade 4 embies transfered and 5 frozen. I have to go back for the progestrone injection everyday and the nurse says i should look out for OHSS in next four or five days. If tummy gets tight or swells more must be admitted. Did they tell all of u the same? all the nurses and doc s f low too said must drink minimum 2 litres of water everday to stop OHSS. I m thinking of doing the injection at the GP near my place cos dont feel like travelling to KKH everyday.

Today after ET, tummy does look like swelled a bit more than yesterday and a little bit of pain.

HOPE FOR THE BEST!

blue rabbit,
today only ET la, my test date is 26/6 long way.....Thanks for the good luck! how's the little one doing? I hardly check the MTBS thread lately, hee hee!

Hi Constantia18,
sorry to hear your result. But don't give up! I was married 7 years ago, tried IUI for 2 yrs and TCM for 1.5 yrs. And finally I tried IVF in 2005, also went tru Dr SF Loh from KK. So far 2 failed attempts and I am left with 2 frozen embryos.
I just found this website recently and I am so so happy coz after having read thru so many threads, i realise that i can get so much support and motivation here. And I have now decided that I will go for my 3rd attempt after my next AF comes. I was suffering in silence since i started IVF last year.

So good luck to all the gals out there! Lets share with one another and give each of us support.

Hi, ladies.....Thanks for all the support.....As I expected, I did not make it this time. I thought I am strong cos I already sense that it will fail but just keep thinking there will be miracle...but too bad...I actually hug my hubby and cry....lucky he is around. Anyway, I am better now. Spoke to my Chinese Doctor...she want me to tiao my body 1st and she told me not to give up cos she had cases like failed IVF but get pregnant by natural the following month. So I think I will seek her advice and try natural for 3 month before decide whether to try for 2nd attemp.

Thanks to all of you and hope the rest of the 2ww ladies will bring good news. Good Luck!

hi huangling

so sorry to hear that ur IVF attempt is not successful. Do take care and let us know ur progress. Looking forward to hear good news from u after 3 months. Come visit us if u need somewhere to vent ur frustration, we will be here for u.
happy.gif

hi humble, welcome to 2ww
happy.gif
guess the ET went well....

hi huangling, BIG HUG for you......tiao ur body for next 3mths & let nature takes it's own course, who knows u conceive naturally...
happy.gif

next up my turn..... scare, scare..... a bit tired lately.... mayb the progestrone every morning at KKH has taken a toll on my health....humble, am nt sure if u can take the progestrone jabs at GP, u may want to check with the nurses on Mon cos dun tink the 24hr clinic of KKH is able to advise...
happy.gif
take care for now....

Hi Huangling,
I admire your courage, but guess to be strong and move on in life is the only logical thing to do.... Take a good 3 months break, who knows we may hear some good news from you.

Rachel,
U turn soon... bet u must be feeling excited and scared. BTW, do you experience bloatedness since ET ? I know it is a natural side effect. Are u still experiencing it ? If not, when did your tummy go back to the normal size ? My case is weird. I thought improve already but today, it appears to be bigger than before, like 4 months preggy ??...even feel uncomfortable after meals. Will be going back to work one week later. hope things will improve otherwise, it is just not possible to hide my tummy, normal clothes hard to fit in, only hipster, but work clothes no hipster leh...

Tell u something that happen last night.... suffer from emotional outbreak... practically cried all the way to sleep, kept thinking how upset I would be and how to cope if I fail ....esp when hubby said he is not keen to cont. should this fail... I know I may seems pessimistic, should maintain PMA.. thought I should be strong enough to face any outcome but did not seems to be the case... I guess I am just an ordinary woman desperate to be mummy...

hi rachel

All the best to u. Will be here to wait for ur good news.
happy.gif

ttbs, i know how u feel, i've gone thru that myself. The 2ww is no ordinary wait. Do continue to be strong, we will be here to support u.

Huangling,
I m sorry dear, but i m sure you r one strong women, like rachel and ttbs say you may get preggie naturally, keep up the faith and have good rest.

chloe,
scan on tue rite? soo excited hor?

rachel,
Ya ET went ok, the bloatedness and pain was very bad thru out the whole day after ET, was much better the second day and now the bloatedness seems like subsided. Oh, i asked the nurse abt the injections yest and she gave me a letter to GP to administer the injection. Today i had my injection with my GP cost me $10 and no pain keke...
YOur turn next liao! Good luck to u...

TTBS,
pls dont worry, I know wat u mean, i did the same crying many times before i started this cycle, but once i started i told myself, whatever be the result i'll handle it later and just have fun now..he he. I know its easy said than done, but i m sure we can if we try.

The nurse told me that the bloatedness would become worst abt four to five days after ET if the embie implants (hope i heard her correctly). So dont worry, just enjoy the feeling of carrying the embies for now, k...

Hi humble

Tks for your consolation. Funny, I can get emotional sometimes...

It's been a week since my ET. Initially was fine but do not know why these 3 days.. had been waking up in the middle of the night cos tummy too tight.. to make things worse, my sitting posture had not been correct, so suffering from backache now but do not dare to take medicine. sigh !! so "sway".

My tummy feels like bursting and very tight and hard .. have been walking with body slightly bend forward cos cannot stand straight, also cannot eat too much or else have problem standing up.. will call the hosp tomorrow.. hope I am not having OHSS.

For you, have a good rest. Glad that u are feeling better now... wow with 3 embroys, good chance of success ....

Passion,
thanks for your support... I'm fine already and going to start working again from monday onwards after resting for 3 weeks... so slack now... don't know whether can I still work... :p

Huangling,
so sorry to hear about your news... by the way, where are you seeing your chinese doc? me also feel like going back to mine but it's a bit far for me so thinking of looking for nearer and cheaper one... anyone has any recomendation? me live in the north... thanks

hi TTBS, my bloatedness was only 1st few days after ET....& i had mood swings too... something like PMS.... was frustrated when i returned to work but things were fine after 2days.... so ur outburst shld be normal
happy.gif

thanks chloe
happy.gif
btw, i realised that i had a HPT kit at home but it's expired... u tink i shld test it & results accurate? it's clearblue & digital type??

hi humble... i shld hv check with the nurses too if jabs can b done at GP... but tt's ok now, test date soon
happy.gif

TTBS,
My pleasure! Its ok to get emotional, after all women are emotional beings rite!
Yes its best you call the clinic and tell them your symptoms, meanwhile drink plenty of water and avoid beans, potatoes kinda food that will cause wind.

rachel,
Nurse sara told me that Hpt may show false positive sometimes due to the hormone medications we hav been on so she said best to rely only on blood test. But guess what i hav decided to test on the 16th day morning if AF doesnt show, choy choy what a thing to say...he hee...

Hey Ladies....Thanks again. TTBS, your chance should be high...I remember I read that OHSS is a good sigh...so don't worry.

Rae....All the best.....

Humble....u 2....

Chole....excited and happy for you too.....

Constantia, You may want to try the Tong Chai Medical. I am seeing Dr Lu.

hi rachel

Expired har? Not sure whether can still use or not leh... since expired, how about waiting for the 13th to do blood test? 2 more days to go... if cannot tahan, u wanna consider buying a new clearblue?

TTBS,

how many follicles/egg did PC Wong retrieve from u ? How is your E2(hormones)level before ER ?

Ya...your tummy still feels bloated and it is 1 week post ET...like what Huangling said, OHSS is 'good' in this case. but u got to be careful. Take the egg white/protein drink. Measure your waistline and weight everyday..

Huangling,

Though i didnt follow your story, i can emphatise how u feel. Jiayou during this period! TCM is good in 'tiao' your body. Did u have TCM together with IVF ? Some recommended but some dont..

Humble,

Rest well! Some people recommend total bedrest to me; but i dont know if it really helps.

All,

anyone work during the 2WW ? For my IVF coming soon, I have to work during the 2WW. Maybe after 1 day post ET, I will start working (though not everyday). Wonder if it is a good strategy. Due to 'professional ettique' and the obligation which I committed months ago, it is not very good to 'take leave', though my job is a free lance one.

hi humble/chloe.... ya tt's wat i feel too....so i bgt a new HPT & tested it.....aiya, itchy hands but at the same time wanted to find out kekeke....1 sharp line = -ve, 1 sharp line & 1 fade line = +ve..... i had +ve but cannot be too sure cos reading was nt very clear.... told the nurse abt the HPT & she suggested to take my blood test today since it's D18 & me to call for the result this afternoon..... very kan chiong... hope for the best but prepare the worst...
sad.gif

Huangling,
thanks! U take care k..

Rachel,
did u do hpt today? All the best gal!

Stumbled by,
I was also thinking of total bed rest during the first 3 days but cant tahan liao, i m the type who cant take nap or lie still in bed and rest during the day, so end up walking to the toilet and kitchen every now and then. Moreover, walked a lot in KKH immediately after ET. And going down to the GP for injection every morn and wait there almost 45 min. so dont think i hav really rested well. Well, i'll leave it to god now.

Rachel,
Yeahhhh! good news, now kan cheong for your bld test leh! Will pray hard for u k.....Let this little angel be with u...
438421.gif

hi stumbled_by, i worked during the 2WW.....& find tt i can cope. jus tt i'm very frustrated during the first 2 days of work.....
happy.gif

hi humble, i did hpt yesterday, after my gf urged me to
happy.gif
tink she's more kan chiong than me
happy.gif
thanks for the angle
happy.gif

yes Rae=Rachel... :p

started work few days after ET. My ET was on 27 May & i start work on 30 May...
happy.gif
hope it's really a gd sign
happy.gif

hi rachel

wow, wow, faint positive is most likely bingo liao! Results will be out this afternoon?? Must update us ok? heehee... ur case is like mine... i went for the blood test earlier cos when i test HPT at home, it was positive, 2 days earlier than the blood test date.

hi chloe..... thanks... hope so too
happy.gif
definitely will update u gals, regardless of results
happy.gif
ya, cos tt time u afraid u may hv UTI rite?

btw, i had my hair permed & coloured on last Sat... :p dun ask me y i did tt cos i oso dunno kekeke...... mayb to change image

hi rachel

yes, i had UTI, but actually i tested for pregnancy becos i got one extra kit at home. That time itchy-handed also lor, tested and so happy it was positive. Quickly contacted dr and rushed to gleneagles to do blood test. Time flies, that was 2 weeks ago. Tomm going for the scan, now a bit worried whether can see baby's heartbeat...

hi gals, i called KKH - confirmed am pregnant!!!! was holding my breath, waiting for the reply...
happy.gif
still can't believe it...... :D

hi chloe, must be excited rite... waiting to see baby's heartbeat & all...
happy.gif

CONGRATULATIONS RAE!

Pls share with us your story and anything special you did during your 2ww. Did you do bedrest after ET? Like Humble, I find bedrest a torture.

Humble,
Sorry I'm a bit behind, but did you experience any pain during and after ET cos' you were saying that you were in so much pain after ER?

Hi Rachel
Congrats, wow u are pregnant... please do not be a workaholic, must really rest well now onwards, so happy for u, I even clapped and cheered u even though you cannot see or hear me.

Hi Stumbled By
I had 12 eggs retrieved, 10 matured but only 2 made it in the end for ET...Went to see Prof this morning, thought not too correct its been 9 days since ET yet still bloated. My previous E2 reading was low, ( don't know the reading ) so that is why I need the extra jabs after ET.

Prof said I had slight OHSS. He found it weird cos my E2 reading was not high previously. So, I must monitor my weight and waistline from tomorrow onwards, if weight increases by more than 2 kg a day or waistline increases by more than 2 cm a day, must go back to clinic..

Had gone shopping with hubby after seeing the doc. People stared at my tummy cos really big, I meansured my waistline, it is about 86 cm now, i.e. 34 inches, normal is abt 27 to 28 inches.

Initially still thought of going back to office this week, like this don't dare to go back, cannot imagine what type of commotion I can cause amongst my colleagues esp I have been absence for 2 weeks already...

Hi Chloe
Must tell us abt your baby scan tomorrow... wish my turn soon...

Back