IVF/ICSI - cycle buddies

cloe,

thks for explaining yr protocol, i am not very familair with IVF prcocedures, i wonder if it's any different in govt hospitals like kkh or sgh.

i suppose that doing a hormonal blood profile will allow the doc to detyermine the ivf procedure.

hi mandy,

it was via clomid+IUI. had 3 follicles. 13dpoiui hcg is about 39, 16dpoiui 129, 21dpiui was 700, then i started spotting two days later, hcg tested that night was 673. the next day we did another hcg,it gone up to 737. then one week later, we did anothr hcg, and it increased to 768.

but the gyane confirmed that it's not a viable pregnancy as by now it's sweek 6, should be ale to hear the heartbeat and see th sac clearly.

dun worry about thr time inbetween, just get loads of rest, dun overstress yourself.

i ws workin from home most days since i found out i was positive...but due to some unforseen cisrcumstances at work, i had to rush back to work to solve some issues on wed, it was a non stop mad dash on wed..and that affected the baby, the very day, it started to spot.

hi gals

Went to see dr early this afternoon. My left ovary got about 12 follicles, right only has 1 dominant follicle (5 very small ones, which *sigh* dun expect much from them). How? normal or not?? very scared leh...

hi babymaking

Feel free to check with anyone of us regarding IVF/ICSI, i am sure everyone of us here will try to answer ur queries as much as we can.

Well, good to also think thru wat u want to do next. But i would suggest that u take a rest for a while before starting on the IVF prog cos it can be very intensive. My advice to u, should u take up IVF, is to really let go ur work. IVF is not cheap, so it will be good if u can be exempted from ur office work during the 2ww.

akandatang, good luck and do take care of urself. While u move on to the 2ww thread, do remember to visit us hor. i will join u next week at 2ww
happy.gif

akandatang,
Congrats!!! At least there's embryoes to put in... That's what I'm contented with... so scared wait no eggs at all... Take care of yourself ok?
Thanks for your explanations, cause when I go for the first u/s the nurse actually told me there are eggs present and when I go for the 1st puregon jabs, the nurse says no eggs... so a bit confused!!!
kao_blush.gif

Chloe,
I think should not be a problem as long as there's eggs present, they will be able to fertilise the eggs... anyway, so happy you can go with akandatang to 2ww... Hope will see you there when I'm done...
kao_sticktongue.gif

hi gals

Dr just called regarding my blood test result today. My LH has surged from 1.5 to 2.2. So, going to see him on sat to make sure that i have not ovulated, if not may have to bring forward the extraction. Can anyone share whether 2.2 LH is ok? Very worried, close to crying now. How??

hi constantia18

LH is the hormone that will tell ur body that it is time to ovulate. u know those ovulation test kit? They detect whether u have LH surge to determine whether ovulation will be taking place soon.

Will have to see how lor, going bloodtest tomm. Must be careful that the follicles have not ovluated, else the cycle can be subject to cancellation. Upon ovulation, the eggs will escape from the follicles and flow into the tube. As such, extraction will not be able to retrieve them
sad.gif

hi babmaking, sorry to hear abt ur lost but let ur body rest well b4 u start IVF
happy.gif

hi humble.... icic, nt easy to be principal
sad.gif
but dun let it affect the program..... do come in here to "complain", we like to listen.... :p

hi constantia, will look out for u too....
happy.gif

hi akandatang, happy to hear there's 8 eggs & 3 were transferred
happy.gif
rest well & hv happy, positive thots.....
happy.gif

hi chloe, dun b so sad & will pray for u...
happy.gif

hi buddies
wow..i miss out alot...

humble
dun get too stress..relax...my oso sian..everday go to wrk see my manager face(currently the shoes manager)..after i tender she give me attiude liao
sad.gif

babymaking
dun give up..jia you..

akandatang
so now u in 2ww?

constania
ya loh..office job better if i'm going thru ivf/icsi..this lady very good..knw i'm going thu this treatment she create this post as confidential sec for me..
happy.gif

ok..buddies..let's jia you ok..me still ttc before treatment..
happy.gif

hi rachel
she's the director..ya..i hope i'm not wrong to know her
she bought me a new laptop oso..so i guess i will update here regularly
happy.gif

wow hui, she's so nice.... ya hope so too
happy.gif

btw, ladies, as mentioned by akandatang, Lucrin suppress yr hormones so that u go through menopause & u will not ovulate. does tis means i will hv dark brownish spots towards end of my menses?? am asking cos my menses came on 2 may so by 8 or 9 may, it shld hv stopped but it didn't..... so am worry y is tis so?? is Lucrin the cause??
sad.gif
thanks

akandatang,

Thanks, then i can continue to zzzzzzzzz.....after injection. I havnt apply for the leave yet will do it on monday.

went all over the motherhood site to gather babydust for u...........
420637.gif
take care ok.

Rachel,
ya loh, I m actually having some serious issues to settle by june at work, once i settle that i think should be ok. Praying hard that my new strategies will work.

Chloe,
I know how u will feel now, keep up the PMA, everything will turn out to be good. Will keep my fingers crossed for u.

Hui,
U really lucky leh! Thats goot for your cycle, dont care the shoe company manager, just ignore!

constantia,
When is your ER?

babymaking,
so sorry to hear that dear, please take care and stay positive. My job is also like your's can get vry stressful at times, wonder how am i going to relax during the 2ww.

HAVE A GREAT LONG WEEKEND EVERYONE.

hi rachel

my period was very light, it came 2 days after i finished my contraceptives. My dr puts me on contraceptive to make sure that my period will come. My menses came when i am on suprefact (eq KKH lucrin), lasted about 4-5 days. When i started puregon, menses had ended already. Suggest u check with ur dr?? Have u started puregon already??

Hi all

i'm new to this thread and would like to join you all in the forum as i'll be going for my ivf this jun.all the best for those of us in the process now! take care, ok?

hi strawberry

Nice to see u here. Here's our cycle buddies list, have added u in, see if the info i entered for u is correct:

CYCLE BUDDIES
akandatang - icsi/KKH/SF Low (April/May)
Chloe - icsi/Gleneagles/LC Foong (Apr/May)
Rachel - ivf/KKH/Sadhana (April/May)
Humble - icsi/KKH/SF Low (May/Jun)
moonfairy - icsi/Gleneagles/LC Foong (May/Jun)
constantia - icsi/KKH/SF Low (April/May)
teddybaby - icsi/Mt E/Dr Fong Yang (April)
Jolene - FET/Mount E/Dr Fong Yang (May)
TTBS - icsi/NUH/PC Wong(May/June)
Hui - ivf/KKH/Sf Low(Aug/Sep)
30s - ivf/KKH/SF Low(May/June)
strawberry - icsi/Gleneagles/LC Foong (June)

Rachel,
my menses like Chloe, already stop when I started on puregon. Lucrin didn't affect my menses and it stop after 4 days. Best to check with the nurses or docs again, just in case...

Strawberry,
420808.gif
and welcome!!!

Humble,
If nothing goes wrong, nurses actually say I'll be starting this week... mon going for u/s to see the result... wish me luck!!!

Hi Chloe - sorry I can't help with yr qn on LH - i actually don't know if KKH checks for LH levels during the IVF cycle or if they do, they sure didn't share that info with me! I was also like u, my left ovary had more follicles than my right. Hang in there, don't worry too much. Just eat healthily and relax.

Hi Rachel - my menses came & went as per normal while I was on Lucrin - perhaps you'd consider having a chat with the nurses so that you'll feel more at ease?

Wah Hui! you solid lah! This job seems to have come to you at the perfect time! All the best!

Humble - thanks for collecting the babydust for me
wink.gif

kao_welcome.gif
Babymaking & Strawberry!

thks chloe/constantia/akandatang, i hv nt start puregon...coming monday will start....mayb i will chk with nurses on monday...
happy.gif

akandatang, hw r u feeling nw??

welcome strawberry...
happy.gif

Hi Rachel!

I found that the treatment process seemed to pick up when I went onto the Puregon stage. When I was on Lucrin, it seemed like the same thing everyday for 3 wks, then when on Puregon, it was like 8 days jabs, then scan then 3 days jabs then ER then ET already but after all that 'speeding up', it's now waiting time again!

I'm feeling less pain in the ovaries area! I still occasionally feel tugs/pulls in my lower abdomen area - my mum thinks it cld be the ovaries healing after getting pricked. I still feel bloated but not as bad as 1day post ER - that was the worst for me!

All the best as you start on your next stage!
biggrin.gif

hi akandatang.... feel happy for u tt u r in 2ww stage now bt it's a nerve wrecking process
sad.gif
all the best to u....
happy.gif
and thanks...
happy.gif

hi rachel

Dun worry, hopefully ur staining will go away soon. Well, u still have sat and sun before starting puregon. Do check with the clinic on monday to set ur mind at ease.

Humble,
thanks a million!!!

akandatang,
yup me feel the same too... now getting more and more "kan cheong" liao... mon will be my 8th day on puregon... hope can be like u can start on my ER and ET... good luck to u again...

rachel,
are u still having spoting? I remember the nurse told me that the menses may last a few days or more and not to worry if it doesnt stop in time. Like chloe said its best to check it out with the clinic.

Days are moving very slow for me gals
420978.gif

hmmmm.......think time will shoot up once we start stimming.

hi gals

Just came back from the clinic. So relieved to find out from dr that i have not ovulated after he did v-scan for me. He will call me this afternoon to let me know my blood test results. i have my HCG on standby, once he confirmed the timing, i will go to the nearest GP for the HCG injection. Looks like Monday is confirmed for ER. Will keep u gals posted later today.

hi gals

Dr just called. My blood test is ok, ER confirmed on monday morning. Check with u all, do ur husbands produce the sperm sample in the hospital or at home? My husband cannot do it in the hospital, so after sending me there, he will have to rush home to produce. *sigh* think i am very mean to think this way... if i can endure all the jabs and medications, all i ask for is for him to produce the sperms at the right time and right place. But seems like he cannot even do that for me.
sad.gif
Hope the sperm sample will be able to "tong" the journey from my home to the hospital for the ICSI process.

Hey Chloe - Glad everything's looking good for you. Regarding the husband's 'deposit'. Cld he produce a sample at home then send you down to the hosp?

What we did was DH produced a sample at home, then he dropped me at KKH, I brot in his sample & they got me ready for ER, then he came & picked me up when it was all over. There's an allowance of 1 - 1.5hrs for the spermies to get fr home to hosp so there shouldn't be a need to rush. Hope my sharing this helps you.

ER on Monday! I'm getting excited for you. Take care ok?

hi akandatang

i checked with the nurse, she said better to deposit when i am doing the extraction. i will be admitted 2 hours before the procedure, and according to her, better not to deposit the sperm at that time cos it will be too early.
sad.gif
See how lor. Let my hubby go and worry about his logistics. i have gone thru a lot already, think now is his time to contribute and do some thinking.
happy.gif

Saw ur posting at 2ww thread. That thread not very active recently right? Will join u soon.
happy.gif

Hi Chloe,
Did the nurse offer another option if you hubby hv to deposit sperm at home? I did know that you can keep in under body temperature. What I did before was to keep the container under my bra so as to maintain the body temperature. This is what I have done when I did my IUI whereby we have to rush back to clinic from orchard to Tiong Bahru. Of couse it would be better to do it at the hospital.

Good luck to you and Akandatang.
I am suppose to join you gals for the 2ww but things happen, will have to wait for another 2 - 3 months before I can proceed with my FET.

Thanks Chloe, my info are correct. my fingers and toes are crossed for you this coming Mon!

just remember, if you are doing icsi, you only need a few good sperms, so let your hubby do whatever he feels best - at least he can relax and produce good quality and quantity ;-)

hi gals

thanks to all ur encouragement and support. i will update u on my progress, may not be on monday, see how things go first.

Chloe,
Great to know that everything is going on plan for u. I agree with strawberry, just let your husband decide wats best for him cos its important that he doesnt stress himself as it will affect sperm quality. All the best oki!

Humble,
Just want to say all the best and good luck. I won't be cycling until June/July but will be hanging around to jia you for you and all the others.
Looking forward to more gals joining the MTB thread soon.
kao_clap.gif

Hoping4baby,
Thanks a lot, we'll be around (hopefully at the mtbs thread) to jia you during your cycle. Thank you for your well wishes. Take careU
happy.gif

Chloe - all the best for your ER tomorrow!

Jolene - sorry to hear you can't start when you had originally planned to - hope you'll get to do/eat/experience the things you want to do during this 'resting' period. take care!

Jolene,

Take good rest during the waiting time and rejuvenate your body ok?

Yesterday half way during acu the burner dropped from my tummy and landed on the bed i almost freaked out and thot the bed is going to catch fire and i m going to be injured. I quickly pushed it down and tried to call the doc or staff to help as i was unable to get up. but they only managed to come in a little later looks like its very unsafe. Please watch out when u go for acu in the future. It was really painful yesterday. Think i dont want acu anymore
421539.gif

I should really salute who and other gals u can tahan it. Thanks for ur support during the painful hours yesterday.

hi buddies
long time nvr cm in got new buddy..
welcome strawberry
happy.gif

chole
good luck to u tomolo
happy.gif

humble
are you ok?these few days my body very hot..u knw yest my colleague help me to climb high to get shoes for me while i'm serving..she fall frm the ladder.is quite high,,she hit her head n faint a few sec..i'm so scared n worri dat i nearli cry out..nowshe in hospital..
sad.gif

dunno how is she..hope she's fine...

Hi everyone,

I failed in my attempt of IUI process recently. Could anyone educate me on IVF process? I know that there are lots of needles poking for how long???

Should there side effects like bloatedness, are there ways to reduce these??? What if the side effects are not bearable???

I am just very frustrated......with myself, husband and everyone around me lah!!!

Someone out there, Pls help!!

My gynae will be recommending me to do IVF.....but I do not know if my body can take it??? What are the necessary tests???? I am not mentally prepared to go through this.....

I am in a state of confusion.......if someone can advise!

hi all,

u can add me to June/July cycle buddies. Will be doing stimulation round in late June..suppression of hormones in mid June...

ER/ET should be early July..

JC,

I posted in 'INFERTILITY - Support Group' on 13 May 13, 2006 - 12:21 pm. Maybe u can read there. Tests u need to go through is just for HIV and hepatits B. Sorry I am in a hurry now :p

hi chloe/humble, thanks... my spotting stopped yesterday
happy.gif
so did not check with nurse.... :p am starting puregon today & last till tis Sunday..... v-scan on next monday morning....was prescribed folic acid for me and Doxycycline for HB. Did any of ur HBs prescribed this medicine b4?
happy.gif

humble, tt acu sounds scary!!! i dun dare to try cos am afraid of hotness/heat etc :p

Hi JC, sorry that your IUI attempt wasn't successful. Besides what Stumbled_by has posted in the Infertility-Support Gp thread, you should also be able to get more information on all the local hospital websites. They will explain what the IVF process is all about & what you have to go through - hope this helps.

Hi Rachel - all the best in your stimulation stage - may you have lots of good quality eggs! My husband was also prescibed Doxycycline - it's an antibiotic but we chose not to take it because he's already on another daily antibiotic which he was prescribed by his renal doctor (HB is a kidney transplant patient).

Humble - I agree with Rachel, the acu you went through sounds terrifying! ouch!

Hui - what happened to your colleague was awful! I hope she's okay.

Hope Chloe posts soon!

hi stumbled_by, had already included you
happy.gif
, pls advise the hosp & Dr., sorry if i had missed your earlier posting if you had posted the info.

CYCLE BUDDIES
akandatang - icsi/KKH/SF Low (April/May)
Chloe - icsi/Gleneagles/LC Foong (Apr/May)
Rachel - ivf/KKH/Sadhana (April/May)
Humble - icsi/KKH/SF Low (May/Jun)
moonfairy - icsi/Gleneagles/LC Foong (May/Jun)
constantia - icsi/KKH/SF Low (April/May)
teddybaby - icsi/Mt E/Dr Fong Yang (April)
Jolene - FET/Mount E/Dr Fong Yang (May)
TTBS - icsi/NUH/PC Wong(May/June)
stumbled_by - ivf/?/? (Jun/Jul)
Hui - ivf/KKH/Sf Low(Aug/Sep)
30s - ivf/KKH/SF Low(May/June)
strawberry - icsi/Gleneagles/LC Foong (June)

thank akandatang
422040.gif
i will check with my HB if he wants to take this antibiotic....if yes, he has to finish the course...
happy.gif

Hi Rachel - as far as I understand from the nurse, the HB has to take the antibiotic - the only reason my HB didn't have to take it is because he was already on another antibiotic. Perhaps it'll be better for you to check with the nurse as to whether it's an option if he wants to take the antibiotic or not, ok?

hi gals

i'm back from hospital after ER. Was under GA, so din feel a thing. First thing after i regain consciouness was i felt very hungry cos had not had anything to eat since midnight!

13 eggs extracted, now processing and dr will call me tomm to let me know the progress of the fertilisation. Overall, ER was ok, not so scary as i thought. If nothing goes wrong, i should be doing ET on thur. Wish me good luck!!

JC, understand how u feel. i failed IUIs many many times. IVF is tough, but for the sake of having a baby, i am willing to go through the injections and blood tests. Dun worry, initially i also very scared, but when u are in the process of it, time flies very fast and u will find that it is not so scary afterall.
happy.gif

ok gals, me sleepy now, will go and sleep now. Probably will see u all tomm.
happy.gif
zzzzzzzz

hi hui,
aiyo, should be bad enough to faint ah? Good thing u resigned if not how after ET? Hope your friend is doing fine now.

JC,
I understand what u r going through, we all have been there so u r not alone. Yes, ivf is a mentally and physically painful process but if you are prepared and know whats coming and why u r doing it, its very easy. Looks like u r not ready for it yet, may be u should read up a lot first before u embark on it. All the best to u.

rachel,
yeahhhhhh........u r the next one to start puregon, good job
422102.gif

True the acu is really scary, I m done with it, hee hee.....

akandatang,
how's everything going? Are u feeling ok? Are u on leave now? Eat and rest well Ok
422103.gif

Chloe,
Wow, wow.....u have laid good number of eggs, lets cross our fingers and wait for Mr Sperm to fertilize miss eggs ha ha.....
422104.gif

Back