IVF at SGH in Jan / Feb 2013

Hi emily, forgot to reply you on TSB

Clinic 1: NTU Chinese Medicine Clinic
60 Nanyang Drive SBS-01s-68
Singapore 637551
Tel: 65921732/ 65921733 (By appointment)
Consulting hr: 8.30am to 12.30pm (Mon, Wed, Fri) & 1.30 to 4.30pm (Tue & Thurs)

Clinic 2: Health & Beauty Pte Ltd, Traditional chinese medicine centre
No. 38 upper cross st,
Singapore 058341
Tel: 65344131 (By appointment)
Consulting hr: 3pm to 8pm(Mon, wed & fri)

*Remember when making appt time, must mention Dr Tan Siew Buoy name cuz there are other Physicians there too

emily: sorry to hear that. good to go for tcm before going for the next round. dont give up hope!
happy.gif
jia u!

btw i'm tsb patient. with her for more than 1 year already....

ecym: cool. is ur daughter natural or also ivf? im getting stressed up on the age gap.. sigh wanted 2 yrs... now almost 5 years apart
sad.gif

Excited on my counselling next week. hehe cant wait to book a date for my ivf cycle! weehooo~!

anyone knows how's the que like already? heard the nurses told me that it will be in jul,aug or sept already. hope i can request for a late june.

hihi Miracle, my first ger was conceived naturally too... had wanted an age gap of 3 now stretching to at least 4 liao... oh well... plans will usually derail anyways

i was telling the other girls here i cant wait for next Mon to come cuz I then will know when i can start my ivf....ahhhhh

hi, i am new to this forum. But sadly, i just failed my 1st IVF blood test. now waiting for doc appointment. anyone shared the same sadness wit me before?

hi Emily, sorry to hear that too... any ideal what to do next if wanna try again. doc appointment was end of may but just curious.

hi doramon, sorry to hear that.
I am going to start my first fresh IVF with Dr yu soon (hopefully in June).

Which Dr are you with? Do you have any frozen embbies from your 1st cycle?

same, my appointment is 31 May. I will be seeing tcm dr to 'tiao' my body maybe for 3to 4mths before I start another cycle.

do u have frozen embryo?
I dont have.

i was currently seeing doc from kkh. still got left some embryo from the first cycle. my period abit strange. on and off. My stomach will still feel kinda cramp (on and off)...wonder what happen. Is there any other alternative other than TCM?

Doramon, maybe you can either go gynae for a scan to make sure everything is ok inside and also try accupuncture for overall wellbeing and also tcm?

I had tcm for 2 mths after failed fresh in feb. Now currently on Lucrin for my FET which will be in July. Went tcm and dr say cannot take tcm with injections. I am also seeing Dr Zhao for accupuncture at Raffles Hospital.

hey ladies, im new to this thread.. :)

Been to KKH to see doc & was informed that I have low egg count in egg bank..does tis mean i have low ovarian count? Doc says noting can be done to improve on this situation de..& its like premature aging of the egg bank..someting like tat..
She also mentioned one of my tubes could be blocked as the dye didnt flow out from one side of the tube during HSG test & 1 of the blood test gotta redo cause on the high side which might b due to stress on tat day.
i already went for blood test last week but not HSG yet, doc told me if im going for IVF then don waste time & $ doing the HSG le..
im a bit confused now, tat means if i low egg count then i cannot conceive naturally or its harder for me to get preg

hey ladies, im new to this thread.. :)

Been to KKH to see doc & was informed that I have low egg count in egg bank..does tis mean i have low ovarian count? Doc says noting can be done to improve on this situation de..& its like premature aging of the egg bank..someting like tat..
She also mentioned one of my tubes could be blocked as the dye didnt flow out from one side of the tube during HSG test & 1 of the blood test gotta redo cause on the high side which might b due to stress on tat day.
i already went for blood test last week but not HSG yet, doc told me if im going for IVF then don waste time & $ doing the HSG le..
im a bit confused now, tat means if i low egg count then i cannot conceive naturally or its harder for me to get preg

Hi Jeslyn, your given information very abstract but from what you describe. Yes it seems like you have low ovarian count. Yes it is indeed irreversible.
If one of your tube is found to be blocked, it is indeed very difficult to conceive naturally. Your chances of conceiving is higher with IVF than other assisted methods.

If you indeed decide to embark on IVF, HSG is not required to be done again but you need to do other blood tests prior ivf.

if you have low ovarian count, with IVF, you may only extract a few follicles, its good to find a good ivf dr to help you to boost your egg quality rather than quantity.

Hope this helps.

Hi ecym, thks for the advise. I have spoken to the doc yester & she did proposed IVF due to my situation. I did asked her if i can try naturally & she said perhaps the longest to give myself to try is like 6 mths. If so, then i can book for the HSG to check & unblock at the same time also.. In addition, she also mentioned that theres some eg like tat lady wif 1 tube blocked, low egg count can still conceive. Bt it realli juz goes down to 1 sperm & 1 egg meeting. just tat my chances of them meeting is not tat high as a normal couple..im still quite troubled as in whether to juz take a break, proceed with IVF or go naturally 1st..

Hi Jeslyn,

HSG does not help to unblock tubes, but my gynae did mention, the contrast solution used in HSG may help to clear any "debris" in the uterus. But since you have done once, I felt it is not necessarily to do a second time.

On whether to embark on IVF or not, its very much depends a number of factors

1) the comfort level of of you and your spouse about IVF
2) Financial ability - even with co-funding, you MAY need to fork out 3-4k in cash
3) how eager you both wanting a child

IVF treatment itself is not tough, the most difficult part of ivf is the mental anxiety. Do remember IVF success rate for less than 35 years old its only 20-30% and each IVF cycle could be trial and error as the doctor wont know how responsive you are to the drugs.

If you and hubby have discussed ivf, I hope you could start to find a IVF doctor whom you are comfortable with. With the govt co-funding, some of the public hosp have already formed a Q for IVF treatment.

Always remember, for any kind of conceiving be it natural or assisted. The following factors help to enhance your chances.
1) Age - irresversible
2) Health - if you have not try exercising regularly, maybe its a good time to start now... brisk walking is good enough...

HSG doesnt unblock? Im not quite sure either but the doc told me during it can be unblocked during the same time I do HSG, perhaps its wat u mentioned to clear the debris.

Actually the hub is quite supportive & also encourages to go for IVF straight.. yes, we are worried financially too bt i tink during 1st or 2nd cycle shd not have to fork out any cash as govt grant, 6300, medisave 1st try - 6000 so should b enuf to cover the costs. At the same time, im also worried if i shd fail the 1st time too...its mental stress..how shd i put it..? Not say not eager, but whenever I see people having bb, i will tink to myself y i have met wif tis situation..haiz..

I feel you Jeslyn.

I am a mother of 1. My first one was conceived naturally in 3 months. When I ttc for my no 2 unsuccessfully by 4th month, I went back to gynae for help. He suggested HSG, timed intercourse and explain other options. After ttc another 4 mths, we chose IVF as we are eager to have a second child. Our first IVF appointment is in May, after all the waiting for tests, consent form and waiting AF to report and such. I formally start the injections in middle of July 2013. As you can see, it is almost three months after our first IVF appointment then we get to really start. So try not to procrastinate too long...

At SGH CARE, their policy is to pay upfront first and after ET they will asked for the receipts again and helped me to make claims from CPF. The claim is on the stimulations drugs and the Egg retrieval and transfer procedure only. Pre IVF blood tests, embryo storage are not claimable. I believe at KKH IVF they practice differently from SGH, not too sure tho

At KKH, they informed that most of it will be from govt grant & medisave.. She did mentioned that prior to starting IVF, i will have to pay an upfront registration fee of $550 / couple / one time, for blood tests & others specially for IVF onli..so other than tis, i dont have to pay any other stuff though..

At KKH, they informed that most of it will be from govt grant & medisave.. She did mentioned that prior to starting IVF, i will have to pay an upfront registration fee of $550 / couple / one time, for blood tests & others specially for IVF onli..so other than tis, i dont have to pay any other stuff though..

Ah then the cash outlay should not be too much...

Hope you can reach a decision soon... feel free to ask to shout if you need more info on IVF.

hihi,

i am starting ivf with sgh care in sept :) was told to call back to care once menses come in sept :) i am on a short cycle.. hopefully everything is successful..

is there any thing we should look out for during the injection phase?

hihi,

i am starting ivf with sgh care in sept :) was told to call back to care once menses come in sept :) i am on a short cycle.. hopefully everything is successful..

is there any thing we should look out for during the injection phase?

Hi taregel, good luck in your cycle... First IVF? Who's your dr?

Hi Taregal, mine is Dr yu too!

Some choose to follow their instructions 100%, some with variation. very much depends on yourself...

Hi ladies!

I will be going down to Kim Keat's Shuang Lin Temple to return favour to the Zhu Sheng Niang Niang on 8 September (Sunday) morning before 1130am. I will put 100 red eggs at Zhu Sheng Niang Niang's altar as promised to her upon my baby girl's 1st month.

Those interested can come and collect a few of the red eggs there.

Good luck!

Hi everyone
I am an international patient coordinator from india. If anyone need ivf treatment in very low cost with guaranteed pregnancy than feel free to contact me on +919509418588 or email me at [email protected].

Hi I'm new and my husband and I are planning to do ivf at sgh. May I know what to expect? And is there a queue like KKH?

Hi,
I will be returning red eggs at Toa Payoh Shuang Lin Shi at 8 oct 13, 9am.
Interested can go and get;)
Took 2 red eggs last nov and got preg this jan .
All the best!
Thanks!

Winnie

Repost:
Hi all,
I am returning red eggs on 8 nov 13, 9am (fri)
And not 8 oct. Sorry for the confusion.hope to see ya there!
Winnie!

Hi I'm new and my husband and I are planning to do ivf at sgh. May I know what to expect? And is there a queue like KKH?

Hi Maggie, i nvr been to KKHIVF but I believe like every public hosp, you will need to Q at SGH too.
"What to Expect"? - err maybe you like to elaborate on what aspects?

Hi ecym,

Read that you were able to conceive with IVF at SGH CARE. I did my first fresh with Dr Yu some weeks back and it was a BFN. Do you still see Dr Yu or you moved to another gynae? I am planning to try again soon. You have any tips to share or what u did or ate during your cycle? Thanks in advance for sharing!

Hi ecym,

Read that you were able to conceive with IVF at SGH CARE. I did my first fresh with Dr Yu some weeks back and it was a BFN. Do you still see Dr Yu or you moved to another gynae? I am planning to try again soon. You have any tips to share or what u did or ate during your cycle? Thanks in advance for sharing!

Hi there, i was with Dr Yu and I managed to BFP under her on my first IVF attempt. After BFP, I have actually gone back to my first gynae in TMC when Dr Yu was reay to release me. There are many factors why some able to BFP and others BFN. Have you seen Dr Yu for your review already? Like a lot of us who has gone through IVF, of course I did more things than when trying to conceive naturally.
1) Seen a Chinese TCM for a month prior IVF started, I seeing Dr Tan Siew Buoy in Chinatown
2) I had mineral supplements and brazil nuts before and during my cycle
3) Taking fish oils for years, not sure if this help
4) I tried to eat healthily all along, I seldom have simple carbs in my meals for years too
5) i am an active freak, I go to gym three times a week during stimulation, was told to stop after ET, so i stop lo

Only point 1 and 2 are extra that i did for my IVF while i have been doing point 3 to 5 even before I conceived my no 1 naturally.

Pardon me for privy, do you want to share with me your bloodtest results, age, the drugs and dosage you are given, the ER yield? if not you can pm me

Hi there, i was with Dr Yu and I managed to BFP under her on my first IVF attempt. After BFP, I have actually gone back to my first gynae in TMC when Dr Yu was reay to release me. There are many factors why some able to BFP and others BFN. Have you seen Dr Yu for your review already? Like a lot of us who has gone through IVF, of course I did more things than when trying to conceive naturally.
1) Seen a Chinese TCM for a month prior IVF started, I seeing Dr Tan Siew Buoy in Chinatown
2) I had mineral supplements and brazil nuts before and during my cycle
3) Taking fish oils for years, not sure if this help
4) I tried to eat healthily all along, I seldom have simple carbs in my meals for years too
5) i am an active freak, I go to gym three times a week during stimulation, was told to stop after ET, so i stop lo

Only point 1 and 2 are extra that i did for my IVF while i have been doing point 3 to 5 even before I conceived my no 1 naturally.

Pardon me for privy, do you want to share with me your bloodtest results, age, the drugs and dosage you are given, the ER yield? if not you can pm me

Hi ecym,

Thanks for your reply! I will be seeing Dr Yu in 2 weeks for the review. Will probably update you by PM later. I was on short protocol and am 33 this year.

Hi, I have my first consultation with Dr Yu 2 weeks ago for IVF and had already done the D2 scan and various blood test last week. My counselling is only on 22nd Jan... We are trying our luck to see if we are able to get any earlier appointment but so far, none. Even tried asking for counselling in mandarin also full. I wanted to embark on my IVF journey earlier as i will have to go for a long biz trip in April. Anybody here can advise how long do i have to wait from the day i go for counselling to the start of all the jabbings? Thanks in advcance! Hope all of us will get our BFP soon!

Back