IUD or Implanon? Any experiences to share?

jopp

Hello mummies, just most recently, I'm considering to try these LARC options but quite undecided which to go for, due to the various side effects that I've read up on. :confused:

1a. Hormonal IUD >> Biggest concern ~ painful for partner (due to the string) or to myself as I've read that some ladies experience pain even not during any intercourse
1b. Non-Hormonal IUD >> Biggest concern ~ heavy period cos my period currently is very regular and normal
2. Implanon >> Biggest concern ~ weight gain/mood swings!

So I'd just like to hear from those of you who have tried these options if what I'm reading on the internet is indeed valid.

Thanks in advance! ;)

hi, i have inserted 1b. Non-Hormonal IUD...heavy period for first few months, but recently seem back to normal..my gynae charged me $500++, but now kind of regret to insert this as there still chances to get pregnant..kind of worry every month when period is delay or not coming.. :p

hi, i have inserted 1b. Non-Hormonal IUD...heavy period for first few months, but recently seem back to normal..my gynae charged me $500++, but now kind of regret to insert this as there still chances to get pregnant..kind of worry every month when period is delay or not coming.. :p

Hi Supermum321, thanks for ur sharing! Just curious why you said there's still chance to get pregnant? I tot IUD is quite 'safe'? :)

Yes. IUD is quite safe compare with the rest method but my gynae said still have some failure cases..whereas Hormonal IUD, the failure rate will be lower then non Hormonal IUD..

Yes. IUD is quite safe compare with the rest method but my gynae said still have some failure cases..whereas Hormonal IUD, the failure rate will be lower then non Hormonal IUD..

Thanks again Supermum321! So for ur next IUD, u will go for hormonal IUD? :D
For the current one u r having, did u encounter any discomfort so far? Like on normal days for urself, and for ur partner during the "activity"? (Sorry hope u dun mind my question! U can skip it if u dun wish to answer.)

I'm c-sec mum, so I'm not sure if dat will mean more discomfort for me on regular days. :(

Thanks again Supermum321! So for ur next IUD, u will go for hormonal IUD? :D
For the current one u r having, did u encounter any discomfort so far? Like on normal days for urself, and for ur partner during the "activity"? (Sorry hope u dun mind my question! U can skip it if u dun wish to answer.)

I'm c-sec mum, so I'm not sure if dat will mean more discomfort for me on regular days. :(

next IUD will be 5 years later, maybe will choose hormonal IUD, not sure also..
the current one I'm having, nvr feel discomfort, my partner wont feel anything also..as I very tiny thing I guess...
I don't think c-sec mum will be different although I was natural delivered. maybe you may check with gynae.

Back