Itchy, red rashes that spread

jessieyl

Hi,
This is my third pregnancy and I experience itchy red rashes that started from my right thigh , slowly way up to my waist, buttocks and my left side of tummy and now getting to my back. The spots where the itch start become rough and goose bumps like. My neck also feel itchy too. The more I scratch, the more the redder and worsen the skin condition . In my last month visit to my gynae, she said its Fungus infection and give me fungus cream but it doen't work and stop itch. I don't think its fungus infection. Some mummies told me my skin is stretching and dry and thus irritated and intro me to bio Oil. I bought too and applied and it doesn't help too! Any mummies expereince this and recover ? Any advices whatever so?! Thanks!

I had this after i return from my taiwan trip around 10 weeks pregnant.
My eczema flare up and also these rashes started.
It is PUPP.

I was so depressed that i cry everything night coz it was so itchy to sleep. My record was to bath 5 times in a night :(
i had it all over my body. The more you scratch, the more it will spread. This is what i did

1. I bought Grandpa Pine Tar Soap from iherb which i read online is good for PUPP
2. Drink Lemon water everyday. I read that the body cannot detox well because of the pregnancy, thus the rashes occur
3. Driink Dandelion Tea every morning for detox (i read mix review on this...some say it is not safe some said is okie..so it is really up to you)
4. V8 juice everyday
5. Essential oils and lot of moisturiser
6. Cold shower to stop the itch but very hot water actually work for me in this case

After doing this for about 1 week plus, my red rashes darken and dry up to flaky skin (got to bear with dropping skin everywhere).
About 1 and half month now, those on my arms and tummy had cleared (finally can wear short sleeve after 1 month!!).
I still having some on my legs and ocassional breakout but they are more manageable.

It is PUPP.

I was so depressed that i cry everything night coz it was so itchy to sleep. My record was to bath 5 times in a night :(
i had it all over my body. The more you scratch, the more it will spread. This is what i did

1. I bought Grandpa Pine Tar Soap from iherb which i read online is good for PUPP
2. Drink Lemon water everyday. I read that the body cannot detox well because of the pregnancy, thus the rashes occur
3. Driink Dandelion Tea every morning for detox (i read mix review on this...some say it is not safe some said is okie..so it is really up to you)
4. V8 juice everyday
6. Cold shower to stop the itch but very hot water actually work for me in this case

After doing this for about 1 week plus, my red rashes darken and dry up to flaky skin (got to bear with dropping skin everywhere).
About 1 and half month now, those on my arms and tummy had cleared (finally can wear short sleeve after 1 month!!).
I still having some on my legs and ocassional breakout but they are more manageable.
Hi what kind of moisturizer do u use?
Im at 26 weeks and been having itchiness and rash at every folds of my body. Underarm, groin area, inner elbow, behind the knee.. Doc said its eczema. Gave me gentrisone cream. But it doesnt seem to work. The itch gets crazy at night. And those parts where itches, turn dark. :(

pls pls do not use steroids. its never a solution. I know that as my daughther has been on steroids and it just got worse and worse and the steroids given by doc just gets stronger. its harmful. stay away from drugs. there are plenty natural remedies to try.

It is PUPP.

4. V8 juice everyday

Maybe you want to try aloe vera gel? I've stopped using Clarins stretch mark then switched to QV but couldn't help much. Aloe Vera helps at least to control the itchiness, especially at night and if I sweat during hot day.

Hi everyone,
I found a remedy to my problem. WOuld like to share with u all. I bought SebaMed Moisturing Lotion (made in Germany) from NTUC healthcare pharmacy. It works like a gem! Within days of applying , my itchness subsided. It's a God sent gift to me.

I also had this but I had it because of stretchind and dry skin, I just coconut oil after every shower/bath and this helped quite a lot.

Eczema has flared on my face n I found out on sat I'm 6wks pregnant. I'm so depressed with the eczema. My face is tight n flaky n itchy. I'm apply moisturiser religiously but it's not helping. I was prescribed steriod b4 I found out I was pregnant but stopped when I learned about my pregnancy. I'm feeling so depressed n wonder when will this be over. Anyone with similar experience can share tips on how to relief the discomfort?

Eczema has flared on my face n I found out on sat I'm 6wks pregnant. I'm so depressed with the eczema. My face is tight n flaky n itchy. I'm apply moisturiser religiously but it's not helping. I was prescribed steriod b4 I found out I was pregnant but stopped when I learned about my pregnancy. I'm feeling so depressed n wonder when will this be over. Anyone with similar experience can share tips on how to relief the discomfort?
I don't have such experience . But u may try the following product from SebaMed. It says clinically tested as therapy supportive skincare for a range of skin problems including atopic eczema. http://list.qoo10.sg/item/SEBAMED-SEBAMED-PH-5-5-LIQUID-FACE-N-BODY/419706046?sellerview=on
Hope it helps. If not, maybe u want to visit National Skin Centre for a consultant's opinion but do alert him/her that u are pregnant.

I'm also facing the same problem...although I knew I was pregnant when the skin condition acted up. Initially, thought I had some food allergy or something. My gynae (peter chew) prescribed antihistamines (a super mild one. chlor-something) and a hydro cortiso-steroid cream...but both dun seem to work.

the rashes initially started from my ears, then spread to my neck and right forearm. (it happened mid-5 week, and 6-week (this week), it ran amok...really amok...)

Today, it decided to conquer everywhere on my body. (hopefully it will continue to spare my face! if not, I dunno how I am going to go out)

I read a lot about it online. There's really not much you can "cure" it. (other than deliver the bb) the only way is NEVER EVER EVER EVER scratch it. else if it bleeds, the skin will thicken, and it will be harder to heal post-preg. cool showers, non-soap based shower gels, LOADS of moisturisers (and religiously buttering it every few hours) MAY help.

but really, if it's wide spread like mine. nothing really does help to alleviate the ITCH. (ARGH) btw, I have a family history of eczema and/or sensitive skin. I also read that eczema may worsen in 50% of preggie women with genetic predisposition.

good luck to all of us. I dunno how long my rashes, itch and redness and ugliness will last. If it has to be 9 months, so be it. (resigned to fate)

Hi,
This is my third pregnancy and I experience itchy red rashes that started from my right thigh , slowly way up to my waist, buttocks and my left side of tummy and now getting to my back. The spots where the itch start become rough and goose bumps like. My neck also feel itchy too. The more I scratch, the more the redder and worsen the skin condition . In my last month visit to my gynae, she said its Fungus infection and give me fungus cream but it doen't work and stop itch. I don't think its fungus infection. Some mummies told me my skin is stretching and dry and thus irritated and intro me to bio Oil. I bought too and applied and it doesn't help too! Any mummies expereince this and recover ? Any advices whatever so?! Thanks!

My rashes start from my legs and went to my joint area.. previously i don't have such problems.. is that really fungus or homo changes that cause the problem?

I'm also facing the same problem...although I knew I was pregnant when the skin condition acted up. Initially, thought I had some food allergy or something. My gynae (peter chew) prescribed antihistamines (a super mild one. chlor-something) and a hydro cortiso-steroid cream...but both dun seem to work.

the rashes initially started from my ears, then spread to my neck and right forearm. (it happened mid-5 week, and 6-week (this week), it ran amok...really amok...)

Today, it decided to conquer everywhere on my body. (hopefully it will continue to spare my face! if not, I dunno how I am going to go out)

I read a lot about it online. There's really not much you can "cure" it. (other than deliver the bb) the only way is NEVER EVER EVER EVER scratch it. else if it bleeds, the skin will thicken, and it will be harder to heal post-preg. cool showers, non-soap based shower gels, LOADS of moisturisers (and religiously buttering it every few hours) MAY help.

but really, if it's wide spread like mine. nothing really does help to alleviate the ITCH. (ARGH) btw, I have a family history of eczema and/or sensitive skin. I also read that eczema may worsen in 50% of preggie women with genetic predisposition.

good luck to all of us. I dunno how long my rashes, itch and redness and ugliness will last. If it has to be 9 months, so be it. (resigned to fate)
I'm sorry to hear u are facing this too. I don't know how I survived the past months. But I did. I stopped the steriods(oral n topical) that dermatologist gave after using them for a month but it is not able to control it.

I now have full face neck arms body flare, scratch, ooze, flake. Can't sleep more then 3hrs every night. I hope u don't have to go thru what I'm going through.

U need lots of support this period.

Do let me know if u have any qns for me. I found a lot of support from family, books, a friend who went out of her way to give me comfort, fr fb group of preg, or new mums who in the same shoe n supporting n encouraging each other.

Stay positive. We will overcome this!

I'm sorry to hear u are facing this too. I don't know how I survived the past months. But I did. I stopped the steriods(oral n topical) that dermatologist gave after using them for a month but it is not able to control it.

I now have full face neck arms body flare, scratch, ooze, flake. Can't sleep more then 3hrs every night. I hope u don't have to go thru what I'm going through.

U need lots of support this period.

Do let me know if u have any qns for me. I found a lot of support from family, books, a friend who went out of her way to give me comfort, fr fb group of preg, or new mums who in the same shoe n supporting n encouraging each other.

Stay positive. We will overcome this!

Omg. How long have you had the rashes?! I am so scared I will have to deal with it for the whole pregnancy!

Omg. How long have you had the rashes?! I am so scared I will have to deal with it for the whole pregnancy!
It started from day 1 of pregnancy. I notice my skin getting drier n drier n wonder y. After a few weeks then I found out about the pregnancy.
Mine is eczema. Urs Is hives. So it's different. N every is different so don't worry too much. I hope urs clears soon.

It started from day 1 of pregnancy. I notice my skin getting drier n drier n wonder y. After a few weeks then I found out about the pregnancy.
Mine is eczema. Urs Is hives. So it's different. N every is different so don't worry too much. I hope urs clears soon.

I hope too. Itching like crazy. I feel like a cat in need of a scratch post

Hi mummies,
I had delivered my bb this June! Regarding this itch that I had during posted previously, I had it when I was around 5 months pregnant and lasted until 7months! Terrible! Cannot sleep at night properly. Very depressing then.. I went and bought SebaMed's Hydrating Body Lotion as an trial and error and it actually helps! Don't try to apply too much steroids medication, even how mild it is. It will only makes your skin thinner and stop the itch temporary only. Pray for you ,mummies! Grit your teeth thru and tell yourselves it's only temporary .

I hope too. Itching like crazy. I feel like a cat in need of a scratch post
I scratched till my nails became thin n shiny. Like I file my nails n because it's sharp, it became easier to injure the skin. I now wear cotton gloves to sleep. U may want to try that too so u damage your skin less.

Hi, you may try Rosken brand, to me; Bio oil is useless, it doesn't help but when I got Rosken, it helps to improve my skin. However, if it get worse, please consult doc.

I hv blotchy red patch ..started on face then down to neck arms stomach thighs...i believed its a viral rash ..n it comes with fever first then rash. Gyne has no solution for me find it unusual...refer me to infectious disease doc..feel awful..like im an infectious disease patient..but hopes condition improve n i can cancel my apt tmr. Face n neck seems to improve today..

Just went to visit my gynae on last sat, he told me that the itchy and rashes is cause by homo changes. He told me cannot anyhow apply any cream or lotion so i only got this calamine lotion to apply every night. But still feel itchy. Will it be the food intake cause the rashes? I love chocolate milk, chocolate cookies.. I knew some of the people are allergy to it. Does any mummies got such issue too?

I am just few weeks into my first pregnancy and my eczema that was fairly well controlled flared out painfully again over my hands and feet. It is so itchy that sometimes my sleep gets disrupted. I don't dare to use my existing corticosteroid creams now that I am pregnant but the thought of having a relief just by applying the creams haunt me when the itch gets unbearable.

I am just few weeks into my first pregnancy and my eczema that was fairly well controlled flared out painfully again over my hands and feet. It is so itchy that sometimes my sleep gets disrupted. I don't dare to use my existing corticosteroid creams now that I am pregnant but the thought of having a relief just by applying the creams haunt me when the itch gets unbearable.
I feel for u. I have crazy eczema flare thoughout my pregnancy.
U can try natural products like soaking ur feet in dead sea salt, epsom sea salt or apple cider vinegar. Hopefully can control it

mine started at the beginning on 2nd trimester. at first is my tummy only, then next day my legs also have. i was touring in taiwan then. i went to see GP, he told me allergy rashes. maybe due to food or environment. he gives me calamine lotion and anti-itch pills to eat. within 2 days, my skin not itchy anymore, but the spots still there.

20151002_220044.jpg

i stop the medicine and start applying clarins body tonic treatment. it is suitable for pregnant ladies. now all the spots is gone and the rashes never appear again.

I feel for u. I have crazy eczema flare thoughout my pregnancy.
U can try natural products like soaking ur feet in dead sea salt, epsom sea salt or apple cider vinegar. Hopefully can control it

Do you use hot water with the salt and vinegar? I am just wondering if soaking in hot water will make the skin drier?

mine started at the beginning on 2nd trimester. at first is my tummy only, then next day my legs also have. i was touring in taiwan then. i went to see GP, he told me allergy rashes. maybe due to food or environment. he gives me calamine lotion and anti-itch pills to eat. within 2 days, my skin not itchy anymore, but the spots still there.

20151002_220044.jpg

i stop the medicine and start applying clarins body tonic treatment. it is suitable for pregnant ladies. now all the spots is gone and the rashes never appear again.

That might be hives cause by allergic reactions to certain things, I used to develop them when I am out camping.

itching is very common in pregnancy but there is one serious condition called obstetrics cholesterols (oc)..i would suggest u get blood test done and test "liver function test" and "bile serum levels" .. a lot of doctors and midwife dont take this serious but if u do have OC then it can b dangerous for baby...i m not saying u do have it and i hope it is pupps cause thats not serious at all but i think its better to b tested then to take any risks..goood luk

How's it going? I hope things improved

Back