Is it a norm to do an Ultrasound scan every bi weekly?

fd21

Hi all MTB,

1st time mum and had just did a ultrasound scan on last fri to confirmed tat I m 6 weeks pregnant!!

So excited to c our beanie n it's heartbeat. According to our gynae everything is fine n our beanie heart beat is norm. Can't wait for my next check up. But wait, my next check up is 2 weeks later which my frd said that it seem too fast... She did hers on her 5th week n subsequent at her 10th.

So being a paranoid 1 st time mum... I'm worried if there is anything wrong and any adverse effect on my baby thru too much ultrasound scanning??? My gynae is recommended by the same frd whom we believe does not overcharge...

it's norm. unless you dun the interval to be so close..up to you...only after 12 weeks then will be one month once.

depends on you. the sooner u see the more u pay.. becoz at such early stage usually gynae doesnt give package. and you pay per visit.. if not much of worries, you can do it with interval of 3 to 4weeks.. until past 2nd trimester den the scans will be more frequent..

i do ultrascan every month when i visit the doctor. But your next check up is 2 weeks later which i feel is abit fast....normally visit to gynae becomes every 2 week when you are at later stage of pregnancy.
Yah..scan need $$ too...

ppeanut, for my case, I also do ultrasound every 2 weeks until I reach 12 weeks. coz mine is conceived via ivf....for thread starter, I not sure about her case..my friends who conceived naturally also commented why so frequently scan.

hi nidellia, i got friend got spotting and was visiting doc quite often during her early stages. TS didnt mention anything so i assumed her pregnancy is smooth smooth kind...

hi ladies,
Thanks for all your replies... we concieved naturally n did not ponder why so fast till my friend whom we shared the same gynea commented the same like the rest of you. I did my scan earlier as we are planning for a bali trip and this pregnancy took us both by surprise.. I guess i will still go ahead for my 8th week scan.. n and double check with my gynea... I may ask to do only oscar check on my 12th... I hope I m not too paraniod and hopefully my gynea will recommend to do my next check on my 12th week without us asking...

ppeanut: on which wk when u start ur checkup?

nidellia: my frd reacts the same like ur friend lor.. why so early

fd21 - my gynae also schedules my visits 3 weeks apart. I conceived normally and so far baby is normal but gynae still asks to scan during each visit. it's expensive but I read that ultrasounds don't hurt since it's just sound waves and I must admit I also like to see how big my baby is each time. will be going for my NT scan in 1 week plus time and following week will go back gynae again for checkup and results of the NT scan.
hopefully after that will be given a package and don't need to pay individual visits cos really ex..

wan- thanks for sharing, just dropped my gynea an email.. hopefully it will helps to resolve some of my anxiety.. cost is another factor cos everything is already so ex these days...~!

Hi all MTB,

1st time mum and had just did a ultrasound scan on last fri to confirmed tat I m 6 weeks pregnant!!

So excited to c our beanie n it's heartbeat. According to our gynae everything is fine n our beanie heart beat is norm. Can't wait for my next check up. But wait, my next check up is 2 weeks later which my frd said that it seem too fast... She did hers on her 5th week n subsequent at her 10th.

So being a paranoid 1 st time mum... I'm worried if there is anything wrong and any adverse effect on my baby thru too much ultrasound scanning??? My gynae is recommended by the same frd whom we believe does not overcharge...

hi. Age is also a factor for they gynae to schedule your visit. I'm a new mtb to and I visit my gynae every week since wk6 to ensure that my beanie is growing fine. Although it's expensive but I pay willingly because first tri is crucial and I've read of 'miss miscarriages' so didn't want that to happened. It's best to monitor closely. Like u I also scheduled for trip to Bali when I found out I'm preggie and had to cancel the trip amd also my trip to Europe with substantial penalty. I'm sure that if u feel anxious like me, the freq check should be a better option. It's a great joy to see my beanie growing stronger and bigger each week. Don't worry, the ultrasounds r safe.

hi fd21, my first check up was about 6/7 weeks..then i visited doctor every month. Im into my 18 weeks now

I had my first scan at 5 weeks, and then 2 weeks later (which was actually at 8 weeks. bb bigger, so could measure more accurately). Subsequently at 12 weeks half and the next scan will be at 17 weeks. Didn't think it was abnormal. maybe gynae was just being cautious?

Back